Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Ideal Finance Internship

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship is that I was given real-world assignments and felt that I provided value-added work.

Although minimal, I did have some down time.

I believe I had the ideal internship experience with PNC. In addition to the real world work, interns are exposed are exposed to senior management and given many networking opportunites and events throughout the summer.

Learn Everything You Need To Know About Retail Banking, And Love Every Second Of It.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with. They were all great, and I will stay in contact with quite a few of them.

Waking up early every morning.

Work hard, be open, and have a positive attitiude and everything will be fine.

Advice to Management

The independent project we needed to complete could have been managed better.

An Amazing Opportunity to Learn from Tenured Business Professionals

Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-learning opportunities

-quality of projects

-opportunity to receive coaching

-access to many lines of business

I think this internship could have been improved with a review closer to the start date. This would allow interns to take better advantage of their first five weeks.

PNC wants to give their interns the best possible training and opportunities to succeed. Make sure you take the initiative early and take advantage of the opportunities given to you.

The PNC Internal Audit Internship was an excellent opporunity to get hands-on experience in the Audit field

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Feeling like a part of the team, not just getting coffee or faxing documents. I performed many of the same tasks that the full-time employees performed, which made me feel like I as actually contributing.

Sometimes the work is tedious, but that is the nature of the beast which is audit.

PNC has a great company culture, consisting of employees who really care about what they do, and inspire you to care as well.

Internship proves to be fruitful

Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office culture

Amount of down time

The people are great and the pay is fantastic

Risk is the way!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were very nice and enthusiastic. I felt welcome and like I was a part of the team. I was treated with respect and appreciated.

I didn't enjoy the overarching task, but I would love to continue in Risk.

PNC is a great place to work for and has a great work life balance.

Advice to Management

I think that promotion opportunities are a bit limited, from what I hear, but I had a wonderful experience.

PNC's rapidly-growing International Treasury Management Group: the best vantage point for learning about international banking

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to network with managment and executives. Opportunities for ongoing training in area of work as well as other areas of the bank.

I like everything

Work here if you're collaborative and innovative (and International Treasury Management is the place to be)

Advice to Management

Continue to be competetive regarding compensation.

A Summer to Remember: How I gained 2 years worth of industry experience in 2 short months.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The invaluable networking opportunities!

I wish it was longer than 9.5 weeks.

Don't underestimate the importance of working for a company that values their employees and work-life balance. Don't let a higher salary you find elsewhere fool you! Salary isn't everything.

PNC's Intern Program is a Step Above the Rest!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the customers that I worked with really made this experience all that it was. Without good people you can't have a good experience so thats what really stood out to me. The managers and people that I shadowed throughout these 10 weeks made the work day fun. Being professional and learning everything that I have was the most important goal but the culture and personal relationships I have established are very valuable to me too.

I did not like that we did not have access to Genis. When doing lobby engagement it would have been nice if I was able to at least deposite a check while I was working at the front desk. I dont think full on training for Gensis is necessary but just the day to day main things would be nice. Also during our presentation I didnt like that I didnt have control over changing my slides. The person changing my slides was about three slides a head of where I was in my presentation which kind of messed me up.

Always be professional. Always stay humble. Ask questions and most importantly listen. Dont complain.

Advice to Management

Maybe for the interns in retail that live at home instead of giving them housing stipens give them compensation for milage instead.

Intern Saves PNCI Millions with High Risk Security Testing

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Expirence

Nothing at all

Be open to learn. Never Stop Learning

Advice to Management

Promotion Policies for High End Interns