PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

PNC's rapidly-growing International Treasury Management Group: the best vantage point for learning about international banking
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to network with managment and executives. Opportunities for ongoing training in area of work as well as other areas of the bank.

I like everything

Work here if you're collaborative and innovative (and International Treasury Management is the place to be)

Advice to Management

Continue to be competetive regarding compensation.

Working for a Bank is More Than Just Counting Money
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people! Everyone that I worked with was so friendly and helpful. They all were more than happy to answer my questions about anything. I also was given really awesome projects - and nothing was just busy work. Everything that I did was important and crucial to the department that I worked in, and to know that I was trusted with all of that responsibility was not only exciting but also gave me the chance to prove myself.

All of the interns on my team were in the same building except for me. It honestly wasn't really even that big of a deal because there's a shuttle that I would take over to their building for team meetings.

PNC is huge on networking. If you do not reach out to different people in your department, or even outside of your department for that matter, you are doing it wrong. I asked to meet with so many people just to talk to them about what their role in the company is and to tell them a little bit about what I was doing throughout my internship, and everyone was more than willing to meet with me!

Amazing experience to learn and develop skills
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the experience I got, the real work I got to do, and the results I produced.

I really do not have any cons.

Be positive, willing to learn and work hard, and strive to be a good team member and you should go far.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would suggest is starting the internship earlier in the summer.

Open, Relaxed Culture
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture- very open, flexible work hours (may only be Technology department)

My mentorship- received a manager and a peer mentor, both were great

Teamwork- working with several people all of varying levels, everyone was so willing to answer questions and provide information

Location

Not my field of study

Work pace is slow

If you are looking for a welcoming, inclusive internship, that this is the place for you. PNC is extremely team-oriented and everyone was constantly warm and willing to help with any task no matter how minute. The work place is relaxed and hours are flexible which meant I was able to conform my schedule to what best worked for me. The only downfall is that the work can be a little slow sometimes, and I consider the organization to be a little behind on its technological innovations (aka no wifi in the buildings, still using IBM lotusnotes). Additionally, there was an organizational structure change happening while I was here, so things could get a little hectic!

Silly fresh super fantastic fun time internship

Managment

Accessabilitiy to Executives

Oulet to express ideas

Feeling appriciated and wanted

Networking

I would like to see the length of the program be longer

The development program after the internship does not include the Information Security floor.

This is a great place to do an internship. It is a great company that values their employees and really knows how to treat their interns. This is a real internship with real tasks, you definatly won't be just shuffling paperwork and getting coffee here!

Advice to Management

Please include Information Security in the development program before June 2014.

Opportunities, opportunities, and more opportunities!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The assignments given to me were open ended so I was able to put my own spin on things and really show my manager all that I can do. The networking opportunities were great as well.

A lot of the tasks of my group were done faster if completed my an actual full time employee rather than an intern.

I really feel that this internship is the best place to start your career in the organizaton. PNC gives you the option to potetially change your line of business if you feel necessary. This is why I believe they have such a high retention rate for interns.

PNC as a company, and their employees really invest in their interns to make sure their interns have the best possible internship experience
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The employees were extremely accessible. Everyone was so willing to teach me anything I wanted to know plus more, and they all wanted my assistance on big projects. I never felt overwhelmed, and my manager was so willing to work with my schedule outside of work that I was able to continue participating in my extracurricular activities. My coworkers really made me feel like I was a part of their team.

Sometimes, it was a little slow with the work load to get started. Once I realized that they just did not want to overwhelm me, they gave me much more work to do for them, and I was able to get a lot more hands on experience.

Ask for work if you want more, and really take advantage of meetings that you have. This company gives you so much exposure to the Executive offices, and they really want you to succeed. This company wants to see you pursue whatever you think is the best fit- regardless of whether or not it is in their company. They truly pay you to teach you. As far as internship experiences go, it does not get much better than this. They also do a great job working around your schedule.

Advice to Management

Provide a more direct path for promotion opportunites.

Intern Saves PNCI Millions with High Risk Security Testing
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Expirence

Nothing at all

Be open to learn. Never Stop Learning

Advice to Management

Promotion Policies for High End Interns

Great on the job real world experience
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to be in front of customers on a daily basis.

I was not interested in financial planning.

Great place to work as a intern. Interns are treated as full time employees and were given work of full time employees.

Advice to Management

Giving each of the interns in the same line of business similair jobs/ curriculum.

Work Life Balance
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with.

There was some down time with not much work but that rarley happened.

Learn as much as you can, be consistant and be on time.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)