Intern at PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Real world experience

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my intenship was the people I worked with. They taught me many things and allowed me to gain exposure to real life experiences.

I did not get a chance to shadow more people. I wanted to familiarize myself with the different roles in the bank and did not get the chance to. This was good because I was too busy to do so, and bad because I wanted to.

Do your research on the company. Learn about the line of business you are going to be interniing in. Determine whether the company is conservative, or non-conservative. Try your best to determine if the company value align with yours.

Advice to Management

Diversity: Not enough women or minority in upper management.

Opportunities, opportunities, and more opportunities!

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The assignments given to me were open ended so I was able to put my own spin on things and really show my manager all that I can do. The networking opportunities were great as well.

A lot of the tasks of my group were done faster if completed my an actual full time employee rather than an intern.

I really feel that this internship is the best place to start your career in the organizaton. PNC gives you the option to potetially change your line of business if you feel necessary. This is why I believe they have such a high retention rate for interns.

PNC as a company, and their employees really invest in their interns to make sure their interns have the best possible internship experience

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The employees were extremely accessible. Everyone was so willing to teach me anything I wanted to know plus more, and they all wanted my assistance on big projects. I never felt overwhelmed, and my manager was so willing to work with my schedule outside of work that I was able to continue participating in my extracurricular activities. My coworkers really made me feel like I was a part of their team.

Sometimes, it was a little slow with the work load to get started. Once I realized that they just did not want to overwhelm me, they gave me much more work to do for them, and I was able to get a lot more hands on experience.

Ask for work if you want more, and really take advantage of meetings that you have. This company gives you so much exposure to the Executive offices, and they really want you to succeed. This company wants to see you pursue whatever you think is the best fit- regardless of whether or not it is in their company. They truly pay you to teach you. As far as internship experiences go, it does not get much better than this. They also do a great job working around your schedule.

Advice to Management

Provide a more direct path for promotion opportunites.

Internship proves to be fruitful

Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office culture

Amount of down time

The people are great and the pay is fantastic

PNC Pathways provides a great working and learning environment.

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunities to learn. Good people to work with.

Working individually too often.

Take initiative; have a sense of entitlement over the work you're assigned.

Advice to Management

Encourage longer hours. Provide interns with more insight to meetings/current events within the organization.

Across two different groups of the bank, PNC's corporate culture drives intern's desire to work full-time

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at PNC makes everything about the internship enjoyable. The facilities are state of the art, the people are friendly and encouraging, and the Bank has a tremendous reputation in the city of Pittsburgh. The intern managers did an excellent job at making sure the interns felt as though they are part of that same corporate culture.

Simply the timing of it. I would have preferred to start working a week earlier in June, and to have ended working last week. But that is just my personal preference.

If you are interested in the financial services industry and want to see how an institution with a smart risk appetite and desire to grow operates, you can only get that type of experience at PNC.

PNC Intern Program - Developing Young Professionals Into PNCers of the Future

Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship I received this summer was awesome.

There was sometimes a little down time.

PNC is an excellent company that I've had the oppurtunity of working for this summer. I definitely reccomend finding out what PNC is all about - you won't be disappointed.

Open, Relaxed Culture

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture- very open, flexible work hours (may only be Technology department)

My mentorship- received a manager and a peer mentor, both were great

Teamwork- working with several people all of varying levels, everyone was so willing to answer questions and provide information

Location

Not my field of study

Work pace is slow

If you are looking for a welcoming, inclusive internship, that this is the place for you. PNC is extremely team-oriented and everyone was constantly warm and willing to help with any task no matter how minute. The work place is relaxed and hours are flexible which meant I was able to conform my schedule to what best worked for me. The only downfall is that the work can be a little slow sometimes, and I consider the organization to be a little behind on its technological innovations (aka no wifi in the buildings, still using IBM lotusnotes). Additionally, there was an organizational structure change happening while I was here, so things could get a little hectic!

Internship Creates New Experiences

Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning new programming languages and activities.

Seemed to have a lot of down time.

Be prepared to do something you are not taught in school.

Excellent program with endless opportunities

Networking Opportunities

Helpful and Friendly employees

Excellent work environment

Exposure to top level executives

Becoming involved in important projects at day one

Absolutely nothing

PNC is an amazing company to work for. I had a previous internship experience prior to working at PNC, and after seeing how PNC compared to the other company I wish I had checked out PNC last year. As an intern you are compensated very well and they truly value you as an individual and an employee. The interview process is very smooth and PNC invests a great deal of money into the internship program. They spare no expense to make sure that you have the best possible internship experience. If you are lucky enough to be extended an offer and you receive a good performance review, you can expect to get a full time offer after graduation.