4.4 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 157 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Well-Rounded Experience in the Many Facets of Technology
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

My internship had many great aspects, the best being position experience and team involvement. As an intern on my team, I was able to experience several different roles (Project Manager, Business Systems Analyst, Quality Analyst). Several different people acted as my managers and gave me insight into their projects and positions within the team. Being on the team in general was also a great experience. The team involved me in weekly meetings, included me in discussions, expected my participation, and even included me on a team outing where we spent a day at a local museum.

Sometimes there wasn't work to do. There may be lags in projects or people may be overloaded with work. This depends on your team and was a minor issue.

Let your managers know you can take on more work. If you don't ask, they won't give you more. I have rarely heard of an intern having too much work because the managers do not want to overload you. Do not rush you work, keep good quality, ask for more when you're done if you are not handed another assignment.

Advice to Management

None

Became a valuable asset to a large corporation while creating the foundation of my initial business experience
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Wealth of knowledge and networking opportunities

I liked everything about the internship

The more you put into the internship the more you will get out of it. There are ways to stay under the radar, so don't become complacent and bring 110% everyday.

Advice to Management

nothing

A great way to expand your knowledge and gain insight into different areas of the financial service industry.
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I appreciated that I got exposed to many different areas of the bank and I was given ownership of the projects I completed. I was never bored and felt that my work had worth and benefit for my manager and team. I was trusted with important projects and brought along to client calls.

There isn't anything I didn't like about the internship.

Make sure that you network and utilize the resources around you. Now is the best time to ask any questions and put yourself out there. I have learned that it is important to have a manager or mentor who is involved in your development and success as your experience is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

N/A

Insight into Banking
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was extrememly helpful and easy to work with. They made the interns feel welcomed and appreciated.

I did not like having to pay for my commute, but the stipend helped the expense.

Do a lot of research on every area within PNC and find what interests you the most.

Real world experience
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my intenship was the people I worked with. They taught me many things and allowed me to gain exposure to real life experiences.

I did not get a chance to shadow more people. I wanted to familiarize myself with the different roles in the bank and did not get the chance to. This was good because I was too busy to do so, and bad because I wanted to.

Do your research on the company. Learn about the line of business you are going to be interniing in. Determine whether the company is conservative, or non-conservative. Try your best to determine if the company value align with yours.

Advice to Management

Diversity: Not enough women or minority in upper management.

Intern gains invaluable experience in the workplace he would not have recieved in shcool.
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was actually being able to do something that will be used. Not jus busy documentation and writing. I was about to actually get into coding and I did it well.

I liked everything about the ienternship.

The first week of your internship is crutial for showing to your peers and managers that you can take on more tasks. For me, I wasn't given any coding projects but I asked about how to get involved with the projects and once they saw that I was a very good coder, they gave me even more tasks to complete.

Spend a summer finding out if the path PNC's HR department places you is the right career path for you!
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, being able to see and meet a lot of people within the same team for PNC.

The HR department does not want interns to move around if they do not like the position they were assigned originally from HR.

Be sure to know exactly what you want as an intern and mention that multiple times while interviewing. Once you receive an offer, be sure to check with HR before you start that the location is a department you want to intern at.

Advice to Management

Listen to interns when they mention that the department they are interning in is not what they want to do. Also, do not force interns to join a development program if they like the department they are interning in and want to become a full-time employee there.

Amazing experience to learn and develop skills
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the experience I got, the real work I got to do, and the results I produced.

I really do not have any cons.

Be positive, willing to learn and work hard, and strive to be a good team member and you should go far.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would suggest is starting the internship earlier in the summer.

More than just a place to deposit your money, PNC offers opportunities in invesment banking, wealth management, and sales and trading.
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

PNC has the benefits of operating like a boutique day to day and as a bulge bracket bank in terms of its role within the financial industry.

I think the recruiting process is somewhat flawed in that they interview for very different positions together. (retail banking and investment banking for example)

Don't follow the crowd. Chasing the same banks/positions as everyone else just because everyone else is chasing those positions keeps you from exploring which opportunities are best fit for you which sets you back in the long run.

An Amazing Opportunity to Learn from Tenured Business Professionals
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-learning opportunities

-quality of projects

-opportunity to receive coaching

-access to many lines of business

I think this internship could have been improved with a review closer to the start date. This would allow interns to take better advantage of their first five weeks.

PNC wants to give their interns the best possible training and opportunities to succeed. Make sure you take the initiative early and take advantage of the opportunities given to you.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)