PNC Pathways Summer Internship Program

Well-Rounded Experience in the Many Facets of Technology

My internship had many great aspects, the best being position experience and team involvement. As an intern on my team, I was able to experience several different roles (Project Manager, Business Systems Analyst, Quality Analyst). Several different people acted as my managers and gave me insight into their projects and positions within the team. Being on the team in general was also a great experience. The team involved me in weekly meetings, included me in discussions, expected my participation, and even included me on a team outing where we spent a day at a local museum.

Sometimes there wasn't work to do. There may be lags in projects or people may be overloaded with work. This depends on your team and was a minor issue.

Let your managers know you can take on more work. If you don't ask, they won't give you more. I have rarely heard of an intern having too much work because the managers do not want to overload you. Do not rush you work, keep good quality, ask for more when you're done if you are not handed another assignment.

Advice to Management

None

Ideal Finance Internship

The best part of the internship is that I was given real-world assignments and felt that I provided value-added work.

Although minimal, I did have some down time.

I believe I had the ideal internship experience with PNC. In addition to the real world work, interns are exposed are exposed to senior management and given many networking opportunites and events throughout the summer.

Date: 2013

A great way to expand your knowledge and gain insight into different areas of the financial service industry.

I appreciated that I got exposed to many different areas of the bank and I was given ownership of the projects I completed. I was never bored and felt that my work had worth and benefit for my manager and team. I was trusted with important projects and brought along to client calls.

There isn't anything I didn't like about the internship.

Make sure that you network and utilize the resources around you. Now is the best time to ask any questions and put yourself out there. I have learned that it is important to have a manager or mentor who is involved in your development and success as your experience is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

Became a valuable asset to a large corporation while creating the foundation of my initial business experience

Wealth of knowledge and networking opportunities

I liked everything about the internship

The more you put into the internship the more you will get out of it. There are ways to stay under the radar, so don't become complacent and bring 110% everyday.

Advice to Management

nothing

Date: 2013

PNC's rapidly-growing International Treasury Management Group: the best vantage point for learning about international banking

Opportunities to network with managment and executives. Opportunities for ongoing training in area of work as well as other areas of the bank.

I like everything

Work here if you're collaborative and innovative (and International Treasury Management is the place to be)

Advice to Management

Continue to be competetive regarding compensation.

Date: 2013

PNC Pathways provides a great working and learning environment.

Opportunities to learn. Good people to work with.

Working individually too often.

Take initiative; have a sense of entitlement over the work you're assigned.

Advice to Management

Encourage longer hours. Provide interns with more insight to meetings/current events within the organization.

Insight into Banking

Everyone was extrememly helpful and easy to work with. They made the interns feel welcomed and appreciated.

I did not like having to pay for my commute, but the stipend helped the expense.

Do a lot of research on every area within PNC and find what interests you the most.

Date: 2013

Intern gains invaluable experience in the workplace he would not have recieved in shcool.

The best aspects of the internship was actually being able to do something that will be used. Not jus busy documentation and writing. I was about to actually get into coding and I did it well.

I liked everything about the ienternship.

The first week of your internship is crutial for showing to your peers and managers that you can take on more tasks. For me, I wasn't given any coding projects but I asked about how to get involved with the projects and once they saw that I was a very good coder, they gave me even more tasks to complete.

Learn in a Positive and Productive Environment

Working on projects which are functional and important

Nothing Really

PNC has kind and accepting employees who are always willing to help, they also stand firmly on their respectable core values.

Advice to Management

Better compensation is always nice, but I think it already is a great place to work!

Date: 2013

More than just a place to deposit your money, PNC offers opportunities in invesment banking, wealth management, and sales and trading.

PNC has the benefits of operating like a boutique day to day and as a bulge bracket bank in terms of its role within the financial industry.

I think the recruiting process is somewhat flawed in that they interview for very different positions together. (retail banking and investment banking for example)

Don't follow the crowd. Chasing the same banks/positions as everyone else just because everyone else is chasing those positions keeps you from exploring which opportunities are best fit for you which sets you back in the long run.