Perella Weinberg Partners Advisory Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Banking & Finance Internships

Date: 2013

An ideal way to begin my career in investment banking and learn as much as possible in 10 weeks.

Everyone treated interns very well, and there were many events to facilitate interns in socializing with the firm. These included lunches with partners, a volunteer day, bowling night, and a Yankee game with Joe Perella. By the end of the summer, I felt that I had met the majority of junior bankers at the firm and many MDs and partners as well.

I have no major complaints, however there could have been more formalized ending on the last day of the internship.

I think the quality of the people I worked with across all functions of the firm is the most important driver of my summer experience. The partners are super senior in their industries and it was a very unique experience to work with them as a rising senior. Since Perella is relatively small and nimble, that is something not many other firms can offer.

Date: 2013

Fantastic experience with exposure to interesting engagements and the opportunity to work alongside the industry's leading bankers

- Opportunity to work on interesting, complex and meaningful projects - High levels of responsibility - Significant exposure to senior bankers - Great culture - Generalist program (M&A/Restructuring)

Nothing comes to mind really. I've had a great summer experience.

Great place to work if you want broad exposure to the investment banking business and want to get hands-on with the work. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading industry practitioners on exciting engagements. Deal teams are lean so this is a good fit for self-motivated, hard working individuals.

Work Hard; Play (kind of) Hard

The training program is comprehensive and exposes you to many technical aspects of banking. The company facilitates the networking process, and it is easy to meet senior level bankers.

The work hours.

If you want to do banking, this is a great place to be. We don't do capital raising though, so if you are interested in capital markets this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Every place has room for improvement, but, comparatively, Perella Weinberg does pretty well in all of these categories. The hours might be a little above average.

Personal and Intellectual Development: A summer of continuing education

Incredible exposure to senior partners on a personal level. Close-knit community that fosters teamwork. Environment fosters cooperation, not competition.

Long hours, but I guess it comes with the territory.

You need to be smart, but also personable. To get the most out of this internship, you need to be able to interact with senior management. It is a small and nimble team. You need to be a team player.

Date: 2013

This is the best place to work for I banking. The work is interesting and challenging while the office culture is incredible and fun.

The best part of this internship has been the culture of the firm, hands down. There isn't another place on the street that gives you this level of respect and responsiblity while holding each intern to incredibly high standards. Yes there is pressure to perform and expectations that go along with that but at the same time every single person is willing to help you out to make sure you understand what you are doing and put you in the best position to succeed.

There isn't anything I would complain about.

If you lack the conviction and drive to push yourself to learn, perform, and suceed then this isn't the place for you. Perella takes the best and you'll quickly see the level of quality in the work of your peers and senior management. If you're view is that of you need to go to a bulge / universal full-service bank then you really need to do your diligence because you are overlooking a phenomenal place to work.

Date: 2013

Great experience and excellent career opportunities

Worked on live deals and given more experience than other summer associates at bulge bracket

There was nothing negative about my experience

It's a great company that I would highly recommend

Adventure of Indiana Jones

Being involved in live deals and interacted with senior bankers who have extensive experiences on Wall St.

So far didn't find anything I don't like about the internship

excellent work experience for people who enjoy working in smaller environment

Advice to Management

People are friendly and willing to spend the time and efforts to help juniors grow within the firm; training is comprehensive compared to most of bulge bracket banks

Date: 2013

High amount of exposure to ongoing and prospective deals and a high level of responsibility.

Small deal teams - more responsibilities. Great culture. Lots of exposure to the full deal process. Small and cohesive intern class. Social events (of course).

Have fewer of some of the resources than the larger banks (24-hour printing and graphics)

If you start out with good work (mostly error free with a decently smart approach), trust will build quickly and you'll be able to really dive deep into the deals and analysis. Also, you are able to meet a good chunk of the people. Even Partners are very approachable and are willing to take some time to chat with you.

Date: 2013

The only place I would want to make a career as an investment banker

I was afforded a great deal of freedom on a number of my assignments. The apprenticeship model creates a great sense of camaraderie and familiarity across levels. You really feel that your colleagues want to see you do well and are looking out for you.

Like any investment bank, the time commitment and unpredictable schedule are challenging. I would say that while this seems to be a bit better at PWP versus bulge bracket banks, it is still the most difficult aspect of the job.

Be commercial and hungry. Reach out to as many bankers as you can, and seek out the experience that you want. This is absolutely an environment for self-starters.

Date: 2013

Best summer experience anyone can ask for

Extremely lean deal teams and exposure to live transactions

Potentially long hours, but expected

If you want to be at a firm where you will be happy, PWP is the place to be

Advice to Management

Everythign is great. Although compensation is very good, no on can complain about having a higher compensation.