Intern at Perella Weinberg Partners Advisory Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

The best experience I have ever had as an intern, great compensation, great hours, and the ability to learn real-world skills

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to be on live deals, cultural of the firm, firm events, mentorship

some mundane tasks, weekend work occasionally

Learn as much as you can about the technical aspects of banking prior to the interviews. Also, make sure you meet and speak with as many people in the firm as possible as it will give a great indication if you will be a great cultural fit.

Fantastic learning opportunity

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Supportive senior leadership

Not Available

Have a great attitude day to day and be passionate to become the best analyst there is

Amazing internship experience

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Small deal teams, a lot of senior leadership exposure, real and challenging work, AWESOME intern events/perks, and great co-workers

Not as great compensation as some other peers, somewhat uneven distribution of work between interns

If you're looking for a firm with a strong name, small working environment, and great work culture, it's hard to beat PWP.

Advice to Management

Match the compensation to other top boutique/independent banks across the street. Don't be so aggressive in pressuring interns to return full time. Encourage and help more with exit opportunities; largest concern amongst interns was lack of exit opportunities and rumors that the firm actively deters recruiters.

Perella Weinberg is extremely competitive externally, but not cutthroat at all internally

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Senior bankers care about your development, client facing roles as an interns, the pay was higher than every other investment bank, trained on how to model

I loved everything

Come with a great understanding of excel

Give an example of a company that would have a Beta greater than 1, 1 and less than 1

Great learning experience and exceptional insight into what a job in M&A looks like

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Modelling training assignments which taught me a great deal about LBOs, Acc/dil and DCF analysis

Hard work, but was expected

Expect to work hard, play hard

Fast paced summer filled with learning, networking, and working on meaningful projects

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the variety of work and number of people I with whom I was able to work.

It was a very busy summer but incredibly rewarding to work on meaningful deals

This is a firm that gives you the opportunity to succeed.

Great learning experience in M&A and Restructuring

Access to senior bankers

Absolutely nothing

Come in prepared to learn

An Internship As More Than An Intern

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship were the people I worked with. The experience of being at a good firm for a 10 week internship is nothing without a good group of people taking you in and developing you as an analyst. At PWP, everyone was excited for the interns to be there and made sure we got taken in as more than just another cog in the machine. The people at PWP, from analyst to partner, were all involved with our development over the summer.

Any first job is daunting. Being exposed to the real world is something new to a college student, although inevitable. The PWP team made sure our transition was smooth, however, and provided us with excitement about being part of something new after college.

Do not hesitate to reach out and introduce yourself to new people, wherever you are. The people at PWP encouraged us to do this and I think it was crucial. Taking 30 minutes for coffee with a partner can get you great career advice, and doing so with another analyst or associate can develop a good relationship with someone you will probably be working with down the road.

I'm a math major, I was asked to describe a derivative in calculus.

Busy summer filled with interesting work and good people

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Substantial responsibility on live transactions, great firm culture and easy access to senior bankers, interesting work due to a focus on mergers and acquisitions.

Hours can get long

If you want to do mergers and acquisitions advisory this is the firm to do it at.

Advice to Management

Internship was good, only concern some interns had was private equity placement after analyst program.

If I give you last year's balance sheet and this year's balance sheet, how do you calculate EBITDA for the year, and what assumptions need to be made to do so?

Expect twists on the standard DCF, depreciation, and valuation questions.

Arguably, the best step in pursuing a long term career in finance/investment banking

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, every one is very down to earth helpful during the course of the internship, including other interns

Supportive teams that made sure you learned a great deal during the summer

Some of the hours were long but that's the business in general

Choose PWP if you want to start a career in finance and want to work with people that you really enjoy working with

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)