Perella Weinberg Partners Advisory Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #2 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #11 Best Overall Internships

Top program that provides an opportunity to work on live transactions, rigorous training and exposure to founders / senior bankers
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to work with a wide range of people throughout the firm and contribute on deals and pitches, leading training program that was ongoing throughout the summer, exposure to founder and senior bankers and well planned social events.

I did not get to see the full cycle of the transactions that I worked on. However, this will be the case at most internships given the short duration.

Perella Weinberg Partners is a fast growing, entrepreneurial firm that provides an excellent internship program.

Perella Weinberg Partners offers a great internship experience with extensive training.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great training, staffing on live deals, fun social activities, the ability to work across industry groups.

Long hours

Perella Weinberg Partners has a pretty unique culture: entrepreneurial but values-based

Expected to perform like and was treated similarly to a full-time analyst.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Staffer made a strong effort to get the interns on live deals. Summer analysts were pretty much expected to perform like a full-time analysts; personally I was given no "filler" work whatsoever. Towards the end of the internship I was frequently the only analyst on a team, sometimes working directly for a director, so the exposure in that regard was great.

No significant cons.

As an analyst at a boutique you will work on both the coverage and product side at the same time. As a result you will learn M&A or restructuring very well while maintaining flexibility across industries. At Perella Weinberg specifically, analysts start in a generalist pool and usually specialize in an industry (or in restructuring) about 6 months to a year in. There is no group placement process for summer analysts, so when you accept your offer you know exactly what you are getting into.

Accounting questions that involved effects on the three financial statements were very common.

Intense but rewarding with unparalleled learning opportunities
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training and intensity of the expertise/ analysis partners are bringing to the table

The hours were intense, especially since most of my classmates in large banks had great work-life balance

Come knowing that you will work extremely hard, will get paid above street and will learn a ton more than your colleagues at other firms

Advice to Management

Please focus more on staffing/ hiring more juniors

Perella Weinberg provides a tremendous learning environment on a rapidly growing platform
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Substantial responsibility: financial modeling, client interaction

-Healthy environment: non-competitive, friendly, professional, respectful

-Culture: team-oriented, everyone gets along, great intern events (formal and informal)

-Above Street-average hours (no weekend protections for summers). This is banking, however, and it's important to suck it up and realize you're at the best possible place to build a career

-Over-determined homework assignments

Be enthusiastic and stay sharp and you will find success at PWP. Consider where the IB industry is headed. PWP is on a great trajectory, snapping up market-share from the bigger banks. It's a great place to build a career in banking, and the firm has plenty of connections to other opportunities.

Nothing too far out of the ordinary. Make sure you know what is appealing to you about the independent advisory model. Technicals can be more difficult than average.

Advice to Management

Re-align compensation to Wall Street (was higher than Street-average). Continue to make strides to improve the lives of junior bankers. Shorten the case studies given how busy interns were this summer.

Incredbily comprehensive internship program with wonderful training and great exposure to senior bankers
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The quality of the work and the access to senior bankers

We could have used an extra day or two for the homework assignments, but they were manageable

Better culture than I believe you will find at any other bank, be it a bulge bracket or another boutique

Advice to Management

I think that management is doing an excellent job

A great window on M&A and Restructuring

real - hands on investment banking - experience

long hours

This is a great place to work in

Hard Work Pays Off
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to experienced and talented bankers

Comprehensive training both before and during the summer

The people--PWP screens heavily for culture so you end up with highly talented and personable people

Hours were longer than most bulge brackets, but still nothing unmanageable

Everyone here expects the best from you as baseline, what sets you apart is your ability exceed that default expectation. You will also be expected to engage with your fellow interns and the senior bankers and develop strong relationships. These are some of the most talented people on Wall Street, and you will have direct access to them. If you are unwilling to take that kind of initiative and only want a brand name on your resume for PE interviews, then go to a bulge bracket. However, if you want to be part of an entrepreneurial organization that engages and challenges you on a daily basis, there is no better place than PWP

Accurate portrayal of the job
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Small firm so worked on live and high profile deals with senior team members

The hours are sometimes long

Get to know people during interview process

Fantastic learning opportunity working in a dynamic industry
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-friendly co-workers

-easy access to senior people

-constant mentoring

-flexible (as flexible as you can be in this industry)

-uncertain schedule

Great place to learn and develope. Mentoring is always available if you need it and it was an open environment where it was easy for me to ask questions/contribute to the team. Everyone is friendly and accessible, and the work was fairly interesting.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)