Intern at Perella Weinberg Partners Advisory Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great learning experience, awesome, helpful colleagues

Great learning experience, awesome, helpful colleagues

Work/ life balance could have been better

The best investment banking internship out there - unparalleled training

Advice to Management

Please help juniors achieve better work-life balance

A lot of theoretical multiple analysis questions and valuation changes depending on different adjustments to the capital structure/ multiples/ different growth rates

Enjoyable in that the work was engaging, the people within the office were congenial and life outside the office in NYC was exciting

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Quality of the learning experience - live engagements, homeworks, mentorship
- People were bright, eager to be their best and enjoyable
- Many social events that made it easy to get to know many people at the office
- Interns had exposure to everyone in the office, including those highest up

- Deal flow could have been stronger per intern

If you find the work done in an M&A and restructuring advisory firm to be interesting, the long hours of the job is much less challenging to get through and succeeding becomes extremely rewarding

Advice to Management

Compensation seems to be a little below competitors and deal flow per intern could be more substantial

Please summarize why we should hire you in no more than 2 sentences.

Amazing learning experience at a firm that truly cares about your development and career

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture was amazing and the training team did an incredible job teaching the summer analysts.

There was nothing I didn't like

Do everything you can to try and work here.

Advice to Management

Paying sophomore interns more could potentially help retain them better.

Great people, learning environment,

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Definitely a close knit community. The full times are very welcoming and willing to teach you as you go

Homeworks seemed a bit unorganized at times but that wasn't too big of a deal

The firm is very strong in Healthcare and Consumer/Retail but is also growing quickly in the TMT space.

Advice to Management

Rather than assign a buddy, it could make sense for interns and analysts to request pairings first.

Walk through a DCF, basic accounting questions

Hands-On Learning Experience with Excellent Mentors in the Investment Banking Industry

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were lots of networking events where we got to interact with other people in the firm. This was really fun and helpful. The training was very hands on as well. It's hard to know what you'll be expected to do ahead of time, but they do a pretty good job of exposing you to different things before you start. People are very helpful.

I thought the training program should have included more exposure to proprietary models and materials. It would have been nice to see them more ahead of time.

If you want to be in a place where people care about you and you actually like who you're working with, look no further. Bulge brackets absolutely cannot provide this experience to you in any way, shape or form. I'm convinced that I work for the best bank on the Street.

Advice to Management

Hours are always a big topic of debate - but PWP seems to be hiring quite a bit so as to spread the work out. Compensation is competitive but if we want to compete with Evercore and Centerview, we need to increase signing bonuses by 10k. I think we need more women in senior roles (MD and partners) - especially in Advisory.

N/A

Incredible personal opportunities in a fast growing firm

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to work across industry groups, direct attention from senior bankers

The unpredictability of the hours. Can't be avoided.

Ask bankers at PWP about the culture that Joe and Peter are creating. It is truly unique. The more that I experienced the more I was sure I was working at the right bank.

Great learning experience

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people to work with, tight-knit firm culture

Would have liked to gain more technical knowledge

Technically focused, intelligent people who will teach you a lot

Advice to Management

Better training for junior people

Perella Weinberg Partners offers a great internship experience with extensive training.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great training, staffing on live deals, fun social activities, the ability to work across industry groups.

Long hours

Perella Weinberg Partners has a pretty unique culture: entrepreneurial but values-based

Expected to perform like and was treated similarly to a full-time analyst.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Staffer made a strong effort to get the interns on live deals. Summer analysts were pretty much expected to perform like a full-time analysts; personally I was given no "filler" work whatsoever. Towards the end of the internship I was frequently the only analyst on a team, sometimes working directly for a director, so the exposure in that regard was great.

No significant cons.

As an analyst at a boutique you will work on both the coverage and product side at the same time. As a result you will learn M&A or restructuring very well while maintaining flexibility across industries. At Perella Weinberg specifically, analysts start in a generalist pool and usually specialize in an industry (or in restructuring) about 6 months to a year in. There is no group placement process for summer analysts, so when you accept your offer you know exactly what you are getting into.

Accounting questions that involved effects on the three financial statements were very common.

Top program that provides an opportunity to work on live transactions, rigorous training and exposure to founders / senior bankers

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to work with a wide range of people throughout the firm and contribute on deals and pitches, leading training program that was ongoing throughout the summer, exposure to founder and senior bankers and well planned social events.

I did not get to see the full cycle of the transactions that I worked on. However, this will be the case at most internships given the short duration.

Perella Weinberg Partners is a fast growing, entrepreneurial firm that provides an excellent internship program.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.