Perella Weinberg Partners Advisory Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Banking & Finance Internships

Incredbily comprehensive internship program with wonderful training and great exposure to senior bankers
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The quality of the work and the access to senior bankers

We could have used an extra day or two for the homework assignments, but they were manageable

Better culture than I believe you will find at any other bank, be it a bulge bracket or another boutique

Advice to Management

I think that management is doing an excellent job

Hard Work Pays Off
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to experienced and talented bankers

Comprehensive training both before and during the summer

The people--PWP screens heavily for culture so you end up with highly talented and personable people

Hours were longer than most bulge brackets, but still nothing unmanageable

Everyone here expects the best from you as baseline, what sets you apart is your ability exceed that default expectation. You will also be expected to engage with your fellow interns and the senior bankers and develop strong relationships. These are some of the most talented people on Wall Street, and you will have direct access to them. If you are unwilling to take that kind of initiative and only want a brand name on your resume for PE interviews, then go to a bulge bracket. However, if you want to be part of an entrepreneurial organization that engages and challenges you on a daily basis, there is no better place than PWP

A great window on M&A and Restructuring

real - hands on investment banking - experience

long hours

This is a great place to work in

A crash course in global finance
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning more than I could imagine and interacting with prominent investment bankers

It has been very stressful and I have had little time to carry on a life outside of the office

It is a great experience and I would highly recommend it

Advice to Management

In terms of investment banking, Perella Weinberg Partners is a great place to work and is very reasonable in terms of what it expects from its employees. There is just no way to work at an investment bank and not work very long hours. There is honestly nothing Perella Weinberg Partners could do to improve in this regards. I have had a great time this summer.

A ton of responsibility
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and responsibility we were given

Hours - that's really it

Be prepared for a tough interview process and extremely high expectations the second you hit the floor

Advice to Management

higher compensation relative to boutiques,better hours

Fantastic learning opportunity working in a dynamic industry
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

-friendly co-workers

-easy access to senior people

-constant mentoring

-flexible (as flexible as you can be in this industry)

-uncertain schedule

Great place to learn and develope. Mentoring is always available if you need it and it was an open environment where it was easy for me to ask questions/contribute to the team. Everyone is friendly and accessible, and the work was fairly interesting.

Accurate portrayal of the job
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Small firm so worked on live and high profile deals with senior team members

The hours are sometimes long

Get to know people during interview process

Rewarding Summer Experience at a Boutique Investment Bank
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think that the best aspect was the people -- I enjoyed working on all my teams. Everyone was incredibly friendly and relaxed.

The hours were probably the toughest part to get accustomed to, but they were not horrible and I learned to handle them better as the summer went on.

I would just recommend to meet people in the organization if you plan on applying and PWP will visit your school. I think the friendly and relaxed attitudes of the bankers here will be pretty evident, even from a brief conversation.

Rewarding and Rigourous
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The level of responsibility given as well as the quality and attitude of colleagues

Variable work hours but industry standard

Great place to start a career with smart and talented practitioners that ask much from you.

Advice to Management

Training was good however disconnect between what was communicated regarding homework and what was expected to be produced

Work a lot
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspect was the weekly homework because you were assured you would learn something.

My least favorite part of the internship is how impatient and unhappy people can get. I think there's a value in keeping one's problems to oneself.

I think if you want to to work in banking and not get yelled at when you're at work you should work here. People are kind, they treat you with as much respect as you can expect, and they try their best to help you when they can. I think they are not very good at explaining "WHY" certain things happen in the workplace- such as why you're working on a project in one manner as opposed to another, so you're going to have to break down some barriers if you really want to learn something more valuable than how to put pictures on a page or link numbers between different excel tabs.

Advice to Management

I think they need to do more diversity inclusion in the workplace. This is not a very diverse setting and the fact that management is very hush hush about it makes that worse.