Perella Weinberg Partners Advisory Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #2 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #11 Best Overall Internships

4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 39 Intern Reviews)

Personal and Intellectual Development: A summer of continuing education
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredible exposure to senior partners on a personal level. Close-knit community that fosters teamwork. Environment fosters cooperation, not competition.

Long hours, but I guess it comes with the territory.

You need to be smart, but also personable. To get the most out of this internship, you need to be able to interact with senior management. It is a small and nimble team. You need to be a team player.

This is the best place to work for I banking. The work is interesting and challenging while the office culture is incredible and fun.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of this internship has been the culture of the firm, hands down. There isn't another place on the street that gives you this level of respect and responsiblity while holding each intern to incredibly high standards. Yes there is pressure to perform and expectations that go along with that but at the same time every single person is willing to help you out to make sure you understand what you are doing and put you in the best position to succeed.

There isn't anything I would complain about.

If you lack the conviction and drive to push yourself to learn, perform, and suceed then this isn't the place for you. Perella takes the best and you'll quickly see the level of quality in the work of your peers and senior management. If you're view is that of you need to go to a bulge / universal full-service bank then you really need to do your diligence because you are overlooking a phenomenal place to work.

Great experience and excellent career opportunities
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Worked on live deals and given more experience than other summer associates at bulge bracket

There was nothing negative about my experience

It's a great company that I would highly recommend

Fantastic experience with exposure to interesting engagements and the opportunity to work alongside the industry's leading bankers
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Opportunity to work on interesting, complex and meaningful projects

- High levels of responsibility

- Significant exposure to senior bankers

- Great culture

- Generalist program (M&A/Restructuring)

Nothing comes to mind really. I've had a great summer experience.

Great place to work if you want broad exposure to the investment banking business and want to get hands-on with the work. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading industry practitioners on exciting engagements. Deal teams are lean so this is a good fit for self-motivated, hard working individuals.

A great window on M&A and Restructuring

real - hands on investment banking - experience

long hours

This is a great place to work in

The only place I would want to make a career as an investment banker
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was afforded a great deal of freedom on a number of my assignments. The apprenticeship model creates a great sense of camaraderie and familiarity across levels. You really feel that your colleagues want to see you do well and are looking out for you.

Like any investment bank, the time commitment and unpredictable schedule are challenging. I would say that while this seems to be a bit better at PWP versus bulge bracket banks, it is still the most difficult aspect of the job.

Be commercial and hungry. Reach out to as many bankers as you can, and seek out the experience that you want. This is absolutely an environment for self-starters.

10-Week Intership That Provides Comprehensive Training and Exposure to Investment Banking
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Opportunity to contribute significantly to live deals/pithces

- Comprehensive training program

-Great social events planned by the firm

- Lengthy hours can make enjoying NYC difficult

If you are prepared to work hard, you will gain a ton of knowledge and valuable experience.

Hard Work Pays Off
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to experienced and talented bankers

Comprehensive training both before and during the summer

The people--PWP screens heavily for culture so you end up with highly talented and personable people

Hours were longer than most bulge brackets, but still nothing unmanageable

Everyone here expects the best from you as baseline, what sets you apart is your ability exceed that default expectation. You will also be expected to engage with your fellow interns and the senior bankers and develop strong relationships. These are some of the most talented people on Wall Street, and you will have direct access to them. If you are unwilling to take that kind of initiative and only want a brand name on your resume for PE interviews, then go to a bulge bracket. However, if you want to be part of an entrepreneurial organization that engages and challenges you on a daily basis, there is no better place than PWP

Best summer experience anyone can ask for
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Extremely lean deal teams and exposure to live transactions

Potentially long hours, but expected

If you want to be at a firm where you will be happy, PWP is the place to be

Advice to Management

Everythign is great. Although compensation is very good, no on can complain about having a higher compensation.

Adventure of Indiana Jones
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being involved in live deals and interacted with senior bankers who have extensive experiences on Wall St.

So far didn't find anything I don't like about the internship

excellent work experience for people who enjoy working in smaller environment

Advice to Management

People are friendly and willing to spend the time and efforts to help juniors grow within the firm; training is comprehensive compared to most of bulge bracket banks