Intern at Perella Weinberg Partners Advisory Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great people, learning environment,

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Definitely a close knit community. The full times are very welcoming and willing to teach you as you go

Homeworks seemed a bit unorganized at times but that wasn't too big of a deal

The firm is very strong in Healthcare and Consumer/Retail but is also growing quickly in the TMT space.

Advice to Management

Rather than assign a buddy, it could make sense for interns and analysts to request pairings first.

Walk through a DCF, basic accounting questions

PWP provided interesting work and great people to do it with. Excited to go back

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship is the time that PWP employees invest in ensuring that interns both learn and are able to perform while making sure they feel comfortable in their roles.

Nothing strikes my mind as something to have disliked. Obviously you wouldn't prefer to work until 2am, so I guess the few nights I had to do that would suffice as something that wasn't as positive, however if you're interning in banking you'll get that anywhere you go, so Perella-specific there's nothing that comes to mind.

Choose PWP. You'll learn more than you will anywhere else, and you'll like the people assuming you're social. If you don't want to work hard, this is a bad place for you, but if you want to do banking you shouldn't be afraid of working. If you have the chance, go to PWP.

The best learning experience on Wall Street

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Formal homework assignments to improve key skills
Availability of staff to answer questions
Great company culture

The amount of work could be more easily spread across interns

This is probably one of the best training experiences you will receive on Wall Street, and the company culture is second to none of the top banks.

Advice to Management

The firm should work to increase diversity and make sure opportunities are more evenly spread across employees.

Hands-On Learning Experience with Excellent Mentors in the Investment Banking Industry

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were lots of networking events where we got to interact with other people in the firm. This was really fun and helpful. The training was very hands on as well. It's hard to know what you'll be expected to do ahead of time, but they do a pretty good job of exposing you to different things before you start. People are very helpful.

I thought the training program should have included more exposure to proprietary models and materials. It would have been nice to see them more ahead of time.

If you want to be in a place where people care about you and you actually like who you're working with, look no further. Bulge brackets absolutely cannot provide this experience to you in any way, shape or form. I'm convinced that I work for the best bank on the Street.

Advice to Management

Hours are always a big topic of debate - but PWP seems to be hiring quite a bit so as to spread the work out. Compensation is competitive but if we want to compete with Evercore and Centerview, we need to increase signing bonuses by 10k. I think we need more women in senior roles (MD and partners) - especially in Advisory.

N/A

Top paying, prestigious internship where you learn a ton and have a blast.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The corporate culture and the access to senior management and the attention that senior bankers pay to junior bankers.

Lack of recognition in west coast school and people outside of the industry.

Be ready to learn, work hard, and make sure that you are fun to be around.

Incredible personal opportunities in a fast growing firm

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to work across industry groups, direct attention from senior bankers

The unpredictability of the hours. Can't be avoided.

Ask bankers at PWP about the culture that Joe and Peter are creating. It is truly unique. The more that I experienced the more I was sure I was working at the right bank.

Real work on live deals

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior bankers, including founders of the firm. Intelligent colleagues who encourage questions. Superb training program. Associate level responsibilities on live deals.

Long hours and work on the weekend.

Almost equal support/infrastructure that you would receive at a bulge bracket

Great learning experience

San Francisco, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people to work with, tight-knit firm culture

Would have liked to gain more technical knowledge

Technically focused, intelligent people who will teach you a lot

Advice to Management

Better training for junior people

Young Banker Receives Industry-Leading Opportunity to Learn M&A with Rapidly Growing Perella Weinberg Partners

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, differentiation of project types, personalities, ability to work with senior bankers closely, immediate responsibility, training

The community service project could have been improved with better senior banker attendance and an outdoor presence.

When looking at different banks, keep in mind that the actual hands-on activities are the vital portion of your learning experience. At Perella Weinberg, simply due to the lower number of employees, interns have the ability to participate in many high level activities. If you're looking for a family feel, a firm filled with people that truly care in your development, Perella Weinberg would be an excellent fit for you.

Advice to Management

Perella Weinberg could be improved by having greater support for employees firm-wide to take time to help with various philanthropies. Additionally, it appears that training should be split geographically rather than having international employees trained in New York.

Tell me about yourself.

What are the factors that contribute to enterprise value?

Can you walk me through a DCF?

Rewarding

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Given responsibility on real tasks

Could be demanding at times

Perform tasks with a good attitude and good work ethic

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.