Intern at Perella Weinberg Partners Advisory Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Fantastic experience with exposure to interesting engagements and the opportunity to work alongside the industry's leading bankers

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Opportunity to work on interesting, complex and meaningful projects

- High levels of responsibility

- Significant exposure to senior bankers

- Great culture

- Generalist program (M&A/Restructuring)

Nothing comes to mind really. I've had a great summer experience.

Great place to work if you want broad exposure to the investment banking business and want to get hands-on with the work. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading industry practitioners on exciting engagements. Deal teams are lean so this is a good fit for self-motivated, hard working individuals.

Great experience and excellent career opportunities

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Worked on live deals and given more experience than other summer associates at bulge bracket

There was nothing negative about my experience

It's a great company that I would highly recommend

Personal and Intellectual Development: A summer of continuing education

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredible exposure to senior partners on a personal level. Close-knit community that fosters teamwork. Environment fosters cooperation, not competition.

Long hours, but I guess it comes with the territory.

You need to be smart, but also personable. To get the most out of this internship, you need to be able to interact with senior management. It is a small and nimble team. You need to be a team player.

An ideal way to begin my career in investment banking and learn as much as possible in 10 weeks.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone treated interns very well, and there were many events to facilitate interns in socializing with the firm. These included lunches with partners, a volunteer day, bowling night, and a Yankee game with Joe Perella. By the end of the summer, I felt that I had met the majority of junior bankers at the firm and many MDs and partners as well.

I have no major complaints, however there could have been more formalized ending on the last day of the internship.

I think the quality of the people I worked with across all functions of the firm is the most important driver of my summer experience. The partners are super senior in their industries and it was a very unique experience to work with them as a rising senior. Since Perella is relatively small and nimble, that is something not many other firms can offer.

Incredbily comprehensive internship program with wonderful training and great exposure to senior bankers

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The quality of the work and the access to senior bankers

We could have used an extra day or two for the homework assignments, but they were manageable

Better culture than I believe you will find at any other bank, be it a bulge bracket or another boutique

Advice to Management

I think that management is doing an excellent job

Adventure of Indiana Jones

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being involved in live deals and interacted with senior bankers who have extensive experiences on Wall St.

So far didn't find anything I don't like about the internship

excellent work experience for people who enjoy working in smaller environment

Advice to Management

People are friendly and willing to spend the time and efforts to help juniors grow within the firm; training is comprehensive compared to most of bulge bracket banks

High amount of exposure to ongoing and prospective deals and a high level of responsibility.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Small deal teams - more responsibilities. Great culture. Lots of exposure to the full deal process. Small and cohesive intern class. Social events (of course).

Have fewer of some of the resources than the larger banks (24-hour printing and graphics)

If you start out with good work (mostly error free with a decently smart approach), trust will build quickly and you'll be able to really dive deep into the deals and analysis. Also, you are able to meet a good chunk of the people. Even Partners are very approachable and are willing to take some time to chat with you.

Hard Work Pays Off

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to experienced and talented bankers

Comprehensive training both before and during the summer

The people--PWP screens heavily for culture so you end up with highly talented and personable people

Hours were longer than most bulge brackets, but still nothing unmanageable

Everyone here expects the best from you as baseline, what sets you apart is your ability exceed that default expectation. You will also be expected to engage with your fellow interns and the senior bankers and develop strong relationships. These are some of the most talented people on Wall Street, and you will have direct access to them. If you are unwilling to take that kind of initiative and only want a brand name on your resume for PE interviews, then go to a bulge bracket. However, if you want to be part of an entrepreneurial organization that engages and challenges you on a daily basis, there is no better place than PWP

The only place I would want to make a career as an investment banker

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was afforded a great deal of freedom on a number of my assignments. The apprenticeship model creates a great sense of camaraderie and familiarity across levels. You really feel that your colleagues want to see you do well and are looking out for you.

Like any investment bank, the time commitment and unpredictable schedule are challenging. I would say that while this seems to be a bit better at PWP versus bulge bracket banks, it is still the most difficult aspect of the job.

Be commercial and hungry. Reach out to as many bankers as you can, and seek out the experience that you want. This is absolutely an environment for self-starters.

Best summer experience anyone can ask for

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Extremely lean deal teams and exposure to live transactions

Potentially long hours, but expected

If you want to be at a firm where you will be happy, PWP is the place to be

Advice to Management

Everythign is great. Although compensation is very good, no on can complain about having a higher compensation.