Perella Weinberg Partners Advisory Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #8 Best Banking & Finance Internships

Adventure of Indiana Jones

Being involved in live deals and interacted with senior bankers who have extensive experiences on Wall St.

So far didn't find anything I don't like about the internship

excellent work experience for people who enjoy working in smaller environment

Advice to Management

People are friendly and willing to spend the time and efforts to help juniors grow within the firm; training is comprehensive compared to most of bulge bracket banks

Date: 2013

Best summer experience anyone can ask for

Extremely lean deal teams and exposure to live transactions

Potentially long hours, but expected

If you want to be at a firm where you will be happy, PWP is the place to be

Advice to Management

Everythign is great. Although compensation is very good, no on can complain about having a higher compensation.

Date: 2013

High amount of exposure to ongoing and prospective deals and a high level of responsibility.

Small deal teams - more responsibilities. Great culture. Lots of exposure to the full deal process. Small and cohesive intern class. Social events (of course).

Have fewer of some of the resources than the larger banks (24-hour printing and graphics)

If you start out with good work (mostly error free with a decently smart approach), trust will build quickly and you'll be able to really dive deep into the deals and analysis. Also, you are able to meet a good chunk of the people. Even Partners are very approachable and are willing to take some time to chat with you.

Date: 2013

Incredbily comprehensive internship program with wonderful training and great exposure to senior bankers

The quality of the work and the access to senior bankers

We could have used an extra day or two for the homework assignments, but they were manageable

Better culture than I believe you will find at any other bank, be it a bulge bracket or another boutique

Advice to Management

I think that management is doing an excellent job

Date: 2013

Fantastic learning opportunity working in a dynamic industry

-friendly co-workers -easy access to senior people -constant mentoring -flexible (as flexible as you can be in this industry)

-uncertain schedule

Great place to learn and develope. Mentoring is always available if you need it and it was an open environment where it was easy for me to ask questions/contribute to the team. Everyone is friendly and accessible, and the work was fairly interesting.

Rewarding and Rigourous

The level of responsibility given as well as the quality and attitude of colleagues

Variable work hours but industry standard

Great place to start a career with smart and talented practitioners that ask much from you.

Advice to Management

Training was good however disconnect between what was communicated regarding homework and what was expected to be produced

A ton of responsibility

The people and responsibility we were given

Hours - that's really it

Be prepared for a tough interview process and extremely high expectations the second you hit the floor

Advice to Management

higher compensation relative to boutiques,better hours

Date: 2013

Accurate portrayal of the job

Small firm so worked on live and high profile deals with senior team members

The hours are sometimes long

Get to know people during interview process

Rewarding Summer Experience at a Boutique Investment Bank

I think that the best aspect was the people -- I enjoyed working on all my teams. Everyone was incredibly friendly and relaxed.

The hours were probably the toughest part to get accustomed to, but they were not horrible and I learned to handle them better as the summer went on.

I would just recommend to meet people in the organization if you plan on applying and PWP will visit your school. I think the friendly and relaxed attitudes of the bankers here will be pretty evident, even from a brief conversation.

Date: 2013

A crash course in global finance

Learning more than I could imagine and interacting with prominent investment bankers

It has been very stressful and I have had little time to carry on a life outside of the office

It is a great experience and I would highly recommend it

Advice to Management

In terms of investment banking, Perella Weinberg Partners is a great place to work and is very reasonable in terms of what it expects from its employees. There is just no way to work at an investment bank and not work very long hours. There is honestly nothing Perella Weinberg Partners could do to improve in this regards. I have had a great time this summer.