Intern at Perella Weinberg Partners Advisory Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Rewarding

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Given responsibility on real tasks

Could be demanding at times

Perform tasks with a good attitude and good work ethic

Great learning experience

The people and responsibility

lifestyle, but expected

Prep well, and have mock interviews

Advice to Management

NA

Young Banker Receives Industry-Leading Opportunity to Learn M&A with Rapidly Growing Perella Weinberg Partners

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, differentiation of project types, personalities, ability to work with senior bankers closely, immediate responsibility, training

The community service project could have been improved with better senior banker attendance and an outdoor presence.

When looking at different banks, keep in mind that the actual hands-on activities are the vital portion of your learning experience. At Perella Weinberg, simply due to the lower number of employees, interns have the ability to participate in many high level activities. If you're looking for a family feel, a firm filled with people that truly care in your development, Perella Weinberg would be an excellent fit for you.

Tell me about yourself.

What are the factors that contribute to enterprise value?

Can you walk me through a DCF?

Advice to Management

Perella Weinberg could be improved by having greater support for employees firm-wide to take time to help with various philanthropies. Additionally, it appears that training should be split geographically rather than having international employees trained in New York.

Hands on investment banking experience

Exposure to senior bankers

Long hours

Great hands on experience

Great

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands-on experience and a lot of responsibility

I liked everything about the internship

Take the offer if you get it

Best Place for I-Banking: Comprehensive Experience with High Responsibility

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Opportunities to make a significant impact on live transactions

- Comprehensive training

- Great social events

- Easy access/exposure to senior bankers

- Generalist (M&A / Restructuring)

Nothing; I had a great experience

- The high level of responsibility and respect given to interns means you should be prepare for high expectations

- You will have easy access to some of the top bankers on the street

- Perella's open environment, entrepreneurial culture, focus on mentorship, and exciting engagements make it a great place to start your career

- I had a great summer and I highly recommend it

Ameritocracy

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibility, Training Program, Senior Exposure, Office Culture, and fellow interns

There wasn't anything wrong with the internship. Yes, you work a lot but that's what everybody should be looking for as they enter banking, especially an internship.

I couldn't imagine myself at any other bank. I guarantee you will not regret chosing PWP over any other bank on the street.

Challenging yet rewarding

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Compensation, the people, how much you learn, future employment prospects

I appreciated every aspect of the internship

If you manage to get an offer, and the work interests you, accept it.

Expected to perform like and was treated similarly to a full-time analyst.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Staffer made a strong effort to get the interns on live deals. Summer analysts were pretty much expected to perform like a full-time analysts; personally I was given no "filler" work whatsoever. Towards the end of the internship I was frequently the only analyst on a team, sometimes working directly for a director, so the exposure in that regard was great.

No significant cons.

As an analyst at a boutique you will work on both the coverage and product side at the same time. As a result you will learn M&A or restructuring very well while maintaining flexibility across industries. At Perella Weinberg specifically, analysts start in a generalist pool and usually specialize in an industry (or in restructuring) about 6 months to a year in. There is no group placement process for summer analysts, so when you accept your offer you know exactly what you are getting into.

Accounting questions that involved effects on the three financial statements were very common.

An environment with some of the smartest people in the business, which could not be a better place to grow in

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Greater responsibilities and expectations than my peers from other banks reported. This also meant greater exposure to senior bankers. On a few projects, I would be the only analyst staffed and would work hand-in-hand with associates and directors, and even a partner at one point. There were also many opportunities to socialize with senior bankers, with an emphasis placed on meeting partners of the firm.

Hours and work life balance could be a challenge given the high expectations put on our class. That said, I never found myself overwhelmed or unable to cope.

PWP has a very technical interview process and employs a small class. They expect a significant amount of technical knowledge and try to get the best candidates from the start.