Date: 2013

Northwestern Mutual provides you the ability to get first hand experience in the career that you are be pursuing!

Having the ability to do the same thing a full time rep. would do, also getting the resources needed to succeed.

The only con was not learning a lot about product since this was a career I wanted to pursue. However I just spoke with other full time reps and researched products online in order to learn more products.

Take this program seriously because it can really give you a large advantage on your peers when going into the business world post grad. This internship is also very lucrative if taken serious as well!

Date: 2013

The best opportunity that can be afforded to a college student.

Independence, Income, and Impact

There is nothing wrong that I would say here.

Take the leap!

Life Changing

Meeting people

Phoning people

Meet as many people as you can

Advice to Management

Employee retention but it is a hard business

Date: 2013

Northwestern Mutual develops college students into financially sound and successful entrepeneurs.

The office culture is great, with everyone striving to be the best versions of themselves. I love the drive within my office. I was compensated well and able to develop my own financial plan that will serve me well into the future. The perks of working in our office are great, and employee appreciation is clearly noted. Recognition is given often and when deserved. I love the relationships I have with my mentors, as I know I can go to them with any problem, professional or otherwise, and they will do their best to help me. My knowledge of personal finance has blossomed since being with Northwestern and this knowledge will serve me well going into the future.

This business has a lot of emotional up and downs, however this was mitigated by the presence of great mentors.

If you desire a future where you are largely your own boss, and able to have as much freedom as you wish, you should be willing to fight for this job.

Date: 2013

Your own business practice for low start-up costs

Training provided and exposure to real-life financial concerns of different individuals.

Restrictive to a limited number of products.

Once you commit to an intern position with this firm, make sure you are 100% devoted to the business during your tenure. ANy doubt or skepticism will take away from the learning experience. THe job requires full commitment, 100% conviction to the purpose, and an extremely driven individual.

Advice to Management

COmpensation is great for those who produces. However, the lag time for production makes the business a very difficult transition for those who do not have sufficient savings until they receive their first paycheck. Job is 100% commission.

A REAL CAREER TEST DRIVE

The fact that you had flexibility and could be compensated just like a full time advisor.

What i liked least was that it made me VERY uncomfortable at the time, much like any new business owner would. It was sink or swim, but in retrospect thats what made me who I am today and I'm happy with that.

The fact that this is an internship that you will grow in more than you could ever think possible. Its heavy duty and even if you dont find this career to be your passion, you will be a stronger human being.

Advice to Management

I would say it specific to the different offices. As a whole, we need to constantly improve on being great role models to our interns we bring on and make sure we have the infrastructre to support all that we promise.

Awesome

Real work experience

Nothing at all

Think about where you want to be 5+ years from now and decide if this can get you there

Date: 2013

Literally the best thing that has ever happenned to me. Absolutely life changing in the best way possible

the real world hands on experience; I learned more about the insurance/financial services industry in 3 months doing this internship than I did during 4 years of college business school.

You have to be self motivated and must be willing to work hard!

Only the strong survive and succeed in this internship/career. It is truly hands on real world experience; interns are doing the same thing that the full time reps do, the numbers expectations for interns is lower than full-time, but you do the exact same thing the full-timers do.

Advice to Management

Northwestern Mutual is such an amazing company that they have all aspects of management down to a science. Some offices will differ from others, but the network I am in I have zero complaints; I can always find help when I need it, the compensation is more than fair, and I decide my own hours. There is a fairly high turnover rate, but that is because most people can't hack it. This business is not easy, but nothing in life worth doing is easy. If you can rise above and succeed, I vehemently believe that this career can be the most satisfying career in the world.

Phenomenal opportunity awaits

Impacting others

Dialing referrals

Work hard great reward

Advice to Management

Nothing

Date: 2013

Real world experience in the financial planning arena.

The amount of learning and hands on Experience

The constant battle to have clients take action in what they know they need to do.

Be ready to work hard and see what life in this career is all about

Advice to Management

Everything is done very well here at Northwestern Mutual and it seems as if they have a great process.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)