Northwestern Mutual provides you the ability to get first hand experience in the career that you are be pursuing!
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having the ability to do the same thing a full time rep. would do, also getting the resources needed to succeed.

The only con was not learning a lot about product since this was a career I wanted to pursue. However I just spoke with other full time reps and researched products online in order to learn more products.

Take this program seriously because it can really give you a large advantage on your peers when going into the business world post grad. This internship is also very lucrative if taken serious as well!

Life Changing
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people

Phoning people

Meet as many people as you can

Advice to Management

Employee retention but it is a hard business

Ability to build a career that offers unlimited income potential, independence and impact.
Albany, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The personal growth I had. My communication skills, etc.

Since it was new, I found it intimidating at first. I didn't dislike this aspect, but it was a factor early on.

What other career offers unlimited income potential, independence and impact. What will be important to you now/down the road. I think this is the career that will allow you to live your life by design, not default.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring in high level individuals.

This is the opportunity of a lifetime.
Springfield, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world application. Ability to grow your own book of busniess. Ability to work both with and without a supervisor. Unbelievable training and learning opportunity.

At the very beginning I was unsure if it was for me, but after some convincing it has been the best decision I have ever made for my career.

This is a great opportunity for any one with an entrepreneurial spirit. This is not an intership for the faint of heart, but if you love a challange and want to grow this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

More people need to know about this program.

It is an amazing life changing expirience.
Salt Lake City, UT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, Schedule, I am my own boss

Nothing it is amazing.... I am the only thing that stands in my way!

If you do it you better be all in.

Advice to Management

None I have it good being at Northwestern Mutual

An internship that creates great generational employees but more importantly better people
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, opportunity, the lack of micromanagement, accessibility to resources and guidance, career opportunity

The least favorite parts are ultimately what creates urgency to do better (i.e. lack of hourly pay)

Although all commission and sales are a scary thing, taking advantage of an opportunity that requires you to fulfill the responsibilities of a CEO at an early age will propel your professional life regardless of where one ends up

Advice to Management

I have no quarrels here

Real world experience in the financial planning arena.
Boca Raton, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of learning and hands on Experience

The constant battle to have clients take action in what they know they need to do.

Be ready to work hard and see what life in this career is all about

Advice to Management

Everything is done very well here at Northwestern Mutual and it seems as if they have a great process.

Real world experience
San Antonio, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Test driving the full time career

Self discipline was a struggle at first but I have made great progress in that area that will help me in all aspects of life

Not many internships give you the flexibility and power to try out the real career. You won't be doing pointless things like catering to someone.

Advice to Management

Training could use some work

Help people build a foundation of financial security without the ups and downs of the market
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunities that are ahead. Some interns do not have the foresight for what this career brings. It enables the ones that stick out the tough/beginning years with opportunities unimaginable, relating to future lifestyle, flexibility and freedoms

Calling people on the phone is always tough. But it is necessary in order to be successful

Know that you bring 100% value when you work at Northwestern Mutual. Focus on getting in front of people early on and use joint work. Always do what is best for the client. But mostly focus on meeting with people everyday.

Advice to Management

I believe some of the training needs to be updated and that new advisors must realize that this business is slow growing and takes a while to get going

The Most Rewarding Internship Ever!
Louisville, KY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to set your own hours. The financial compensation. The unlimited possibilities that can be achieved. My fellow collegues. The constant ability to learn and further my career.

Sometime our weekly development locations would change. Once I went to the wrong location and missed the session for that week.

NWM is the in a category of its own. If you are looking for an internship that you are actually getting to test drive the career of a full time Financial Representative, then NWM is the company you want to select. The internship actually allows you to experience the day to day life of a full time Rep. You will learn a lot about yourself by participating in this internship, even if this is not the career path you want to take. It is a very rewarding experience.

Advice to Management

N/A

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)