Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Amazing opportunity to test drive a fantastic career and have a head-start coming out the gates.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world experience, test driving a career, professional licensure and certification, lots of valuable learning.

There were many interns who were of high quality but also quite a few that were not and it would be nice if Northwestern Mutual would be able to screen out the ones who are not serious better...

As a true mutual and client-owned company Northwestern Mutual embraces core values of integrity and doing what is right for the clients. This culture is a really special environment to learn and become a part of.

Best Place to Launch Your Career
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience of learning how to run my own business and to push myself to things I never thought I could do.

Nothing. I loved everything about my internship.

Northwestern Mutual, in my opinion, is by far the best company to work for in the financial services industry. When they say they care about their clients, they really mean it on the adviser level as well as on the corporate level.

Advice to Management

I cannot think of anything at this time.

Northwestern Mutual: The Best Opportunity in Capitalism.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Cultivation of clients, helping people in a profound way and being paid for it.

Rejection from potential clients

The internship is an unparallelled opportunity for the student who wants endless opportunity and is self-motivated to position themselves in college for the rest of their life.

Advice to Management

There could be a larger stipend for interns.

Skills learned as a Northwestern Mutual intern accelerated my career path.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

First-Rate Training, True business experience, relationships with colleagues, pay

The daily discipline needed to be successful

This internship equips you with skills that are valuable in any professional setting. That is why employers see Northwestern Mutual experience as an asset on an resume.

Real life financial services training and career opportunity.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the real world experience, the opportunity to grow into a career, and the fun environment.

The interview process was a little extensive.

This will be a great opportunity to learn the real world practice of financial planning, to learn by doing, and to learn how to conduct yourself professionally. If this is a viable career for you, it will be the most rewarding career path possible. If it isn't, you'll still gain great knowledge into how to handle your own financial affairs and make great connections for future use. It is truly a win-win.

Best Internship I Anyone Could Ask For
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The countless amounts of opportunities that were placed in front of me, and the real life experience.

There was nothing that I did not like.

It is the best experience and Job you'll ever have, with limitless pay and endless amounts of freedom.

Northwestern Mutual provides its interns with the experience of working as a full-time financial representative with 100% support.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love the company culture and the support staff behind it. With this internship, the only reason one could have problems is if they get in their own way.

The job itself is not the easiest as you have the same responsibilities as full-time representatives, but there are no complaints about the internship program itself.

No matter what, Northwestern Mutual will give all interns the opportunity to gain professional business experience working with clients of any caliber. The flexibility of the schedule and the additional growth opporutnities that they offer will constantly keep you on your toes and always learning.

An internship built to advance professionally, personally, and financially through guidance of the program and those in leadership.

The relationships built

Deferred Compensation

You would be making a mistake, not to apply for this internship

Advice to Management

Communication amoungst those in development

This internship provided me with actual real world career experience and set me up for success upon graduation.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible hours, work harder and make more, mentorship program to help you stay accountable, and opportunity to positively impact someone's life.

It's difficult to get started because you are basically starting your own business and it's up to you (with much help from your mentors of course) to grow your business.

Work hard and don't slack off. This career isn't any fun if you dont have any meetings on your calendar!

Advice to Management

Nothing, I think the management structure is excellent here.

A launching pad into an incredibly rewarding and dynamic career!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Growth through real-life experiences.

Trying to balance with school and baseball.

Simply put, if you're wondering if the financial services world might be for you, this is the internship to really answer the question!

Advice to Management

Help interns understand that sometimes working smarter, not just harder, leads to bigger results.