Date: 2013

The best opportunity that can be afforded to a college student.

Independence, Income, and Impact

There is nothing wrong that I would say here.

Take the leap!

Date: 2013

Northwestern Mutual develops college students into financially sound and successful entrepeneurs.

The office culture is great, with everyone striving to be the best versions of themselves. I love the drive within my office. I was compensated well and able to develop my own financial plan that will serve me well into the future. The perks of working in our office are great, and employee appreciation is clearly noted. Recognition is given often and when deserved. I love the relationships I have with my mentors, as I know I can go to them with any problem, professional or otherwise, and they will do their best to help me. My knowledge of personal finance has blossomed since being with Northwestern and this knowledge will serve me well going into the future.

This business has a lot of emotional up and downs, however this was mitigated by the presence of great mentors.

If you desire a future where you are largely your own boss, and able to have as much freedom as you wish, you should be willing to fight for this job.

Date: 2013

Helping to impact the lives of others.

Working hands on with clients, and building strong relationships.

none that I can think of.

Come in to the internship with a strong attitude and great work ethic.

Date: 2013

The start to an incredible life!

Culture, opportunity, impact

That instill had to go to class. I wanted to leave school my senior year because I knew I had found the career I was destined to be in.

It may change your life and help define your future.

Date: 2013

It is an amazing life changing expirience.

Pay, Schedule, I am my own boss

Nothing it is amazing.... I am the only thing that stands in my way!

If you do it you better be all in.

Advice to Management

None I have it good being at Northwestern Mutual

Date: 2013

An internship that creates great generational employees but more importantly better people

Pay, opportunity, the lack of micromanagement, accessibility to resources and guidance, career opportunity

The least favorite parts are ultimately what creates urgency to do better (i.e. lack of hourly pay)

Although all commission and sales are a scary thing, taking advantage of an opportunity that requires you to fulfill the responsibilities of a CEO at an early age will propel your professional life regardless of where one ends up

Advice to Management

I have no quarrels here

Real world experience

Test driving the full time career

Self discipline was a struggle at first but I have made great progress in that area that will help me in all aspects of life

Not many internships give you the flexibility and power to try out the real career. You won't be doing pointless things like catering to someone.

Advice to Management

Training could use some work

Date: 2013

Real world experience in the financial planning arena.

The amount of learning and hands on Experience

The constant battle to have clients take action in what they know they need to do.

Be ready to work hard and see what life in this career is all about

Advice to Management

Everything is done very well here at Northwestern Mutual and it seems as if they have a great process.

Awesome

Real work experience

Nothing at all

Think about where you want to be 5+ years from now and decide if this can get you there

Date: 2013

Literally the best thing that has ever happenned to me. Absolutely life changing in the best way possible

the real world hands on experience; I learned more about the insurance/financial services industry in 3 months doing this internship than I did during 4 years of college business school.

You have to be self motivated and must be willing to work hard!

Only the strong survive and succeed in this internship/career. It is truly hands on real world experience; interns are doing the same thing that the full time reps do, the numbers expectations for interns is lower than full-time, but you do the exact same thing the full-timers do.

Advice to Management

Northwestern Mutual is such an amazing company that they have all aspects of management down to a science. Some offices will differ from others, but the network I am in I have zero complaints; I can always find help when I need it, the compensation is more than fair, and I decide my own hours. There is a fairly high turnover rate, but that is because most people can't hack it. This business is not easy, but nothing in life worth doing is easy. If you can rise above and succeed, I vehemently believe that this career can be the most satisfying career in the world.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)