Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Submit a Review

The internship is an incredible head start on my full time career as a financial advisor.

Cedar Rapids, IA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Schedule flexibility, income potential, office culture.

Nothing in particular that I disliked.

If you are going to do it, you have to be all in. This is not a halfway in type of business. If you want to set yourself up for a great career, or earn great experience for another career, you have to dive in full-hearted.

Advice to Management

Management did an incredible job training and setting me up for success. Nothing comes to mind that could have been done better.

How do you deal with rejection?
What are 3 words you would use to describe yourself?
What are 3 words your best friend would use to describe you?

It is less of an intership and more a jumpstart of a career!

Worcester, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real work with real clients. The mentoring was awesome and resources to learn more were everywhere.

It was a huge challenge to develop a client base in an area of the country where I didn't know many people outside of college. This did teach me that I did not want to rely on cold-calling for a successful career and taught me the value of relationship building.

If you are looking for an opportunity to explore owning your own Financial Services Firm, I can't imagine a better opportunity with better training, better pay and the jumpstart of your career while still in school.

Advice to Management

The more focus that can be made on developing relationships to network the better. I believe this has been address since I was an intern.

Very extensive testing to ensure there was a personality fit for the position. I do not remember specific questions

Win some or win big

Minneapolis, MN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands on experience, even if this isn't the career for you, you will be better prepared for whatever path you take. One thing for sure is you will benefit over your lifetime from having had this experience, getting an early understanding of financial matters will pay big dividends for you and your family

Finding prospects, always trying to get favorable introductions

If your are interested in this career I believe Northwestern Mutual has the best platform to benefit the client. You have an exclusive to NM and at the same time can be independent. Risk management and wealth management tied to a financial plan customized to the client, its very powerful and can have a great impact on your clients lives.

Advice to Management

Make the focus on the platform to help advisors have the best technology and deliverable to the marketplace.

What is your why? Can you get to where you want to get to in your current opportunity?

Started from the bottom Now we're here!!!

Memphis, TN | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The flexibility, training, and growth opportunities.

It's commission based, but it allowed me to receive what I was worth!

I was able to grow from intern to the College Unit Director over the internship in 2 years!

Unlimited growth personally and professionally.

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Impact/Income/Independence

The rejection of prospects

We are looking for those motivated and ready to work hard.

Phenomenal career opportunity

Orlando, FL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom, high income potential

Liked everything

Great opportunity

Personal and Professional growth

Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work alongside with the veteran advisors

wish the stipend was more

You have to be able to think big.

Incredible career opportunity to build a financial planning business!

Boulder, CO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Actually having real client interactions and being paid as a full time representative.

It forced me to get uncomfortable and grow

Listen to those who cam before you who have done/are doing exactly what you have and have been in your shoes.

Advice to Management

Continue improving the selection process for only the best candidates!

Describe your most amazing future 3-5 years from now personally, professionally, financially.
Describe a time you had to overcome adversity.
Describe a team you worked with a team and had to demonstrate leadership

Fantastic!

Newport Beach, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Limitless! Opportunities for growth

Not too structured

My experience there was and still is amazing

Advice to Management

Structure the internship a bit more

I can't remember

The opportunity of a lifetime that once you take full advantage of you will never accept another career.

Tacoma, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

You can work as hard as you want. You can make as much money as you want. You can help as many people as you want. Everyone at the company is always seeking what's in the best interest of the client. Never have I done anything unethical nor has the company which is something very few places can say.

It is the hardest career to get started. The learning curve is very steep but i believe if you dedicate your time and energy you will come out a better person overall.

Please be ready to dedicate a lot of time to learn and experience the career to the fullest extent. You will not get paid if you "play office" and are not working hard.

Advice to Management

More mentorship and expectations are required to help interns experience the career. Before someone should enjoy the autonomy of the career they should have to follow a regiment and prove successful at that first.

How important is success to you?
Give me an example when you overcame obstacles?
Give me a time you had to be self-motivated?