Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Submit a Review

My internship experience has developed me into a young professional, and has changed not only my life, but those I encounter daily.

Greensboro, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom, flexibility, compensation.

No guarantee of money.

If you are a hard worker and excited to learn and challenge yourself everyday, this is the career for you!

College Financial Representstive

Des Moines, IA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to choose own hours, work as much or as little as you want, be self employed.

Self discipline. It was difficult being solely commission based plus a stipend but now that I'm a full time advisor I enjoy it

Your outputs are dependent upon your inputs

It opened my eyes to the career of a lifetime.

Dayton, OH | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility with school schedule.

I didn't like how challenging it was at first but that is where my professional growth came from, those uncomfortable moments like calling potential clients.

Don't recreate the wheel. The training and sales process works.

Personal, professional and financial growth found here! Make an impact on your community in a way you thought you could only dream of.

Spokane, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Personal growth, professional growth, making an impact on others.

I have zero cons for our internship.

Go into this wholeheartedly and leave your ego at the door. Challenge yourself. Live courageously. Be "others" focused.

Advice to Management

I truly believe Northwestern Mutual's internship is #1 in the country. I can't imagine a better experience anywhere.

Tell me about a time that you challenged yourself outside of your comfort zone. How did that help you grow?
Tell me about a time that you faced adversity. How did you respond?
Tell me about a time that you did something you regretted. How did you grow from that experience?
Tell me about a time that you courageously faced a fear and pushed through it. What did you learn from that experience?

Amazing opportunity to grow as a person and professional.

Denver, CO | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, culture, and training.

Having to develop my own market.

Work as hard as possible!

Advice to Management

Hire less interns

Take the Chance...it's worth it

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Autonomy and Leadership Development

Rejection...

work hard, control your attitude and effort

Advice to Management

nothing

nothing

An internship that will get you career ready.

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Impact on clients during the summer and annual meeting in Milwaukee

Unsure if there was anything

You have to be mature to know you will be entering a full-time internship that has high expectations and helps you prepare for the real world

Educating people on the importance of doing today what others won't so that tomorrow they can do what others can't

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture and Education

Lead generation can be difficult as a college student if you don't challenge yourself

Be your own boss, take control of your future and get paid based upon the effort you are willing to put forth. Knowledge is not power it is potential power, execution trumps knowledge every day of the week and once you and your clients realize it you can be greatly rewarded.

Grow Yourself as a Person and Your Entrepreneurial Skills for an Experience That Will Help You Throughout Life

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to really be doing what the full-time people are doing in this business. The opportunity to impact people's lives in a huge way. In this internship, I learned more about myself in a year than most people learn in 5. It made me more well-rounded than my peers, much earlier. I truly learned how to grow and sustain a business.

Not really from my perspective, but from others who didn't stay in the internship, i'd say that what i liked least is how much grief people were given when they decided to leave the internship.

These people want to see that you have the courage and drive it takes to succeed in this business. Also, you need to realize that this is so much more than a sales role- the sooner you realize that and recognize that doing this internship is helpful no matter if you stay in the business or not, you will be so glad you did it.

Advice to Management

There isn't really anything. Compensation is great, hours are your own, employee retention is only low because this business is hard. Etc. etc.

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?

Build your own business and make a lasting impact!

Salt Lake City, UT | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I met and the people I worked with are amazing! Lasting relationships and memories.

The internship was great! No complaints!

Valuable experience!