Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Submit a Review

Excitingly eye opening experience into the financial services industry

Providence, RI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

real world experience

I can't say that their was anything I disliked.

you own your own business

Opportunity to help others while better yourself!

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to run my own practice, do the marketing, prospecting, project managment, accounting, running the business. It really has helped me to be a better person and business person.

I only say this because it is true but I love the company and what they stand for. The hardest thing about the internship is that it is a difficult field!!

Take the leap of faith and give it all you have. You will not be disapointed.

Do you keep commitments?

Do you put others needs over your own?

Do you enjoy to work hard?

Advice to Management

The internship is managed very well. Keep it up please!

Great oppritunity to meet and help a lot of people in a very meanigful career.

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

helping people and flexible schedual.

I dont really have something about the internship that i didnt like. i thought it was very well put together.

Dont hesitate ondoing this just becauseit is commision. This is an amazing experience!!!

Have you ever been in a management situation? If so, explain.

Advice to Management

I truely would noy improve my og\rganization at all!!! my advice to management would be to keep doing what your doing.

The opportunity of a lifetime

Akron, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, resources, learning, communication skills, workplace culture, fun

Inconsistent pay and down time. When you are struggling with finding clients or keeping a full schedule. You always have your tram to pick you up and help you rough tough times.

Know what you are getting into and if it is the right type of opportunity for yourself. Ask questions.

What is an example of failure that you have experienced in your life and how did you overcome it?

Advice to Management

No Comment

Financial Freedom is Glorious

Madison, WI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom to fail.

Lack of structure in remote offices.

Network yourself so deep in groups of people, it doesn't matter what job you want or need; the network will help you find your groove.

Advice to Management

Slush fund for new interns to get out and market themselves would be helpful.

Real life experience

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting with clients, learning what the actual career is like

A lot of training

If you want to own your own business and have face-to-face interaction with clients, also the coaching is great!

Do you want to be rewarded for your efforts/performance

Advice to Management

More activity on the campus

Get outside of your comfort zone and think bigger!

Irvine, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining real world experience by having the opportunity to meet with potential clients and building my own clientele.

I didn't like getting to the office at 7:30am

It is a great opportunity, you will receive first class training and development as well as getting the real world experience you need to determine if this is a career you are interested in pursuing.

Ho do you deal with and respond to disappointment.

Advice to Management

I feel the organization could make a greater impact in the community if we had a more diverse group of advisors.

Enhancing your college experience while growing professionally

Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to do what I wanted and make as much money as I wanted. There are no end destinations, it is very goal oriented.

The difficulty of starting and maintaining a busy schedule.

If you do decide to pursuit this internship, it will definitely be worth it. You will learn so much and have a huge impact on your friends and family lives.

Do you have any experience in sales?

Got me where I am

Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

This internship was the reason I got into this business. I am forever grateful for the opporutnity and feel so luck for having been in this program.

I don't have a bad thing to say.

Go into it with and open mind and DO what your supervisors suggest. Worst case scenario you will learn a great number of skills you can do with your next endavour. If you half ass it you will be dissappointed with the experience.

The ability to jump start your career and learn the skills necessary to succeed in life.

Tacoma, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The autonomy, resources, support, mentorship, continued education, and ability to make a difference in lives.

Delayed gratification from the time you meet someone to the time that you get paid on the recommendations you help them implement. The career is very difficult to get started in and build a network of clients. The learning curve is very steep because most of the things that are to be learned for financial planning are not taught in school.

If you are long term focused, self motivating, autonomous, hard-working, and persistent, this will be a good opportunity for you. However, if you need immediate results and lack the autonomy to act as a business owner this might be too much of a challenge. You will be asked to step outside of your comfort zone on the daily to continuously grow and learn and you should be okay with challenge.

How do you like to compensated? Monetarily, Recognition, Leadership opportunities?

Tell me about a time you had to overcome a personal struggle or tell me about a time you took on a lot of responsibility.

Advice to Management

I would prefer the recruiters to focus on the quality of potential interns rather than the quantity, as the more interns who have poor experiences because they are not cut out to handle the internship might have negative things to say about the internship when they were not suited for it all along.