Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Submit a Review

young man gains invaluable experience while interning at Northwestern Mutual

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to learn the business and learn what is like to be your own boss.

Calling on prospective clients on a cold call basis

If you enjoy working with people and impacting their lives, this is an outstanding career to consider.

Advice to Management

More hands on training, more specific direct support of the representative as they are learning the business.

Northwestern Mutual: Endless Opportunities

Fort Wayne, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged me personally and professionally to get outside of my comfort zone and to make a difference in people's lives.

I wish I could've done it longer.

If you are driven and want to push yourself to maximize your God given abilities this is a great opportunity for you.

Taking my shot at the most challenging, exciting, and rewarding career out there.

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fantastic people that you interact with on a day to day basis and the astonishing amount that you learn through experience with Northwestern.

How challenging it was. But there is no way around that. It's a challenging industry and only the best will survive.

It's the most amazing opportunity out there. They give you everything you could ever need to be successful. It's your job to go make it happen.

Has there ever been a time in your life where you have had to battle through adversity to accomplish something that was important to you?

Advice to Management

Possibly improving compensation in the early years, but the compensation for long time advisors is outstanding so it gives you something to strive for.

Want to be the only dad at 1:30pm soccer practice on Wednesday? Want to make a difference in peoples lives? Want to control income? Join NM.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people within Northwestern Mutual actually cared to see us grow. They wanted the best for us.

The copy machine broke a lot...

Don't let the hard work scare you off. The amount of hard work anything in life takes is proportionally equal to the amount of return you get.

Most careers offer the same deal: Work hard, and if you want a promotion work harder. If you want more income and promotions work harder AND give up your time. If you still want more income and promotions work harder, give up your time, AND give up the option to be there for your family. As you go up the ladder you may gain money and career progression, but you sacrifice your personal and family success. it's painful any way you look at it. At NM, if you put your hard work in up front, you won't only gain income, you gain career significance, AND time to be there for your family. Do you want your pain now, or later? It's your choice.

To get offered my position I went through 4 interviews. I also took a aptitude test. I met recruiters, fiancial advisors, and my offices Managing Direct. They told me everything; the good, the bad. I saw ample plans, products. I learned how the company was structured.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in the company to make us relevant in the market place, so we can have more impact.

A real world test drive of a career in financial services.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting with prospects and clients; training/education of financial products; leadership development; compensation

Nothing, really.

Be prepared to work hard and face rejection--but it is all well worth it.

Don't remember

Advice to Management

No recommendations

Great Opportunity to Test Drive a Career

Albany, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great on the resume. Realife & hands on experience.

nothing I didnt likeexceept I wish I started prior to senior year.

Seize this opportunity.

What do you want out of a career?

Advice to Management

Interns are like baby birds. They need attention or they will not make it. Continue to offer the excellent support servives.

If you want safety, go else where, but remember nothing ever grows in a place of comfort.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay can be great. Ability to network. control of schedule.

Not being understood by people not in the field or who have no prior knowledge of it.

Take this opportunity seriously, you will be playing with live ammo.

A Top 10 internship EVERY college student needs to consider!!!

Mentoring, Training, and Development

the growing pains of getting rejected

Go in with a open mind and be coachable on all aspects of training

N/A

Advice to Management

N/A

I saving important to you?

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Growing personally and professionally

There are no cons. If you are motivated to succeed, it's hard not to

Come in open minded and prepared to work hard

Rewarding

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experince

Training

Compensation Potential

Competitions

I cant think of anything I would improve

Do the advised work and this will be the best experince ever.