Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Submit a Review

A real world test drive of a career in financial services.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting with prospects and clients; training/education of financial products; leadership development; compensation

Nothing, really.

Be prepared to work hard and face rejection--but it is all well worth it.

Don't remember

Advice to Management

No recommendations

Personal and Professional Growth

Peoria, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting outside of my comfort zone.

There wasn't really anything I didn't like.

Northwestern Mutual is a company that lives their values. The client comes first in every situation.

Work hard and noting here is impossible...nothing.

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company invests a lot of time and resources in a college students growth, that may or may not make it...that astounds me. I learned from the top of the company and their success and failures. I was also recognized for my success. I had the opportunity to lead others in the internship. I also had the ability to change people's lives, as a college student. I don't know if it gets better than that.

the hard work. It takes a lot of work to be in this position.

Work hard and you will succeed...no matter who you are.

Advice to Management

I have seen nothing short of greatness from our management. I would not change a thing, they are the ones that inspire me to do the things I do everyday.

Top 10 Intership that will help you grow as a person and professionally

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Sky is the limit on where I want to take this thing. And the relationships that I've been able to take with me, being with my co-workers or the relations built within my clients.

Calling up people is one of the things that everyone in our industry dislikes at first, just got to power through.

Do the deed and you will succeed. People make this harder than what it really is, its all mental on most days just got to power through.

The real deal

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Awesome mentors. Live bullet to the full time career. Positive energy and built in time for fun. Win for clients, win for the company/person if they choose to go full time, win for others who don't go full time as it leads them many times to their next career inadvertently!

People who don't stick in it the whole summer don't see the real picture of opportunity available

Mentors really do care about you, whether this is the career for you or leading you into your next job and being prepared for obstacles you might face

Harrison assessment

In-depth look at a career. No other way to learn as much as by doing. Great chance to test drive what has become a phenomenal career.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Seeing the industry from the inside out; gained more professioanal experience of learning how to treat others and be treated as a professional; by virtue of the role of a financial rep, you meet an incredibly large amount of people very quickly

There was less structure around my development at the time, but the program has evolved materially since then.

Everything my firm told me about this business has been true.

A professional is born!

Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

developing a career and professionalism that will follow me for the rest of my life

the process can take quite a while from start to finish, including getting paid.

if you are hungry, hard-working, and devoted you will find nothing but success in this internship.

Test drive to a financial planning career

Ann Arbor, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real work experience

That I had to go to class with senioritis

Do as you're told. Work the system that has been in place for 150+ years.

Northwestern Mutual: Endless Opportunities

Fort Wayne, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged me personally and professionally to get outside of my comfort zone and to make a difference in people's lives.

I wish I could've done it longer.

If you are driven and want to push yourself to maximize your God given abilities this is a great opportunity for you.

Great Opportunity to Test Drive a Career

Albany, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great on the resume. Realife & hands on experience.

nothing I didnt likeexceept I wish I started prior to senior year.

Seize this opportunity.

What do you want out of a career?

Advice to Management

Interns are like baby birds. They need attention or they will not make it. Continue to offer the excellent support servives.