Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Submit a Review

The oppertunity of a LIFE TIME

Portland, OR | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You get to test drive a career

Being self empoyed and having to learn to organized my own day. Not having someone telling me when it was due.

Test drive the career and get to know the carecter of the organization and find out if it will be a fit for you.

Building character while creating a career

Springfield, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having the same resposnsiblities as full-time reps with the ability to only work part-time, schedule flexibility, building my own business, learning how to be a business owner, learning how to be a better financial planner, availability of resources, office culture, company culture,

Balancing school work with running a business

Follow Granum and you'll succeed

Work hard and noting here is impossible...nothing.

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The company invests a lot of time and resources in a college students growth, that may or may not make it...that astounds me. I learned from the top of the company and their success and failures. I was also recognized for my success. I had the opportunity to lead others in the internship. I also had the ability to change people's lives, as a college student. I don't know if it gets better than that.

the hard work. It takes a lot of work to be in this position.

Work hard and you will succeed...no matter who you are.

Advice to Management

I have seen nothing short of greatness from our management. I would not change a thing, they are the ones that inspire me to do the things I do everyday.

You get what you put in.

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people in the office.

Not Hourly.

If you're not ready to work hard, turn away and run.

Don't recall.

Advice to Management

Compensation, bigger stipend for interns.

Opportunity to be courageous, grow and learn

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenged me to get uncomfortable

Wish I had more time

Be open minded and courageous

What's the biggest challenge you faced in life and how did you handle it?

Advice to Management

Would like the licensing process to go faster - I understand it's more a problem with the state

In-depth look at a career. No other way to learn as much as by doing. Great chance to test drive what has become a phenomenal career.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Seeing the industry from the inside out; gained more professioanal experience of learning how to treat others and be treated as a professional; by virtue of the role of a financial rep, you meet an incredibly large amount of people very quickly

There was less structure around my development at the time, but the program has evolved materially since then.

Everything my firm told me about this business has been true.

A Top 10 internship EVERY college student needs to consider!!!

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentoring, Training, and Development

the growing pains of getting rejected

Go in with a open mind and be coachable on all aspects of training

N/A

Advice to Management

N/A

The ability to jump start your career and learn the skills necessary to succeed in life.

Tacoma, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The autonomy, resources, support, mentorship, continued education, and ability to make a difference in lives.

Delayed gratification from the time you meet someone to the time that you get paid on the recommendations you help them implement. The career is very difficult to get started in and build a network of clients. The learning curve is very steep because most of the things that are to be learned for financial planning are not taught in school.

If you are long term focused, self motivating, autonomous, hard-working, and persistent, this will be a good opportunity for you. However, if you need immediate results and lack the autonomy to act as a business owner this might be too much of a challenge. You will be asked to step outside of your comfort zone on the daily to continuously grow and learn and you should be okay with challenge.

How do you like to compensated? Monetarily, Recognition, Leadership opportunities?

Tell me about a time you had to overcome a personal struggle or tell me about a time you took on a lot of responsibility.

Advice to Management

I would prefer the recruiters to focus on the quality of potential interns rather than the quantity, as the more interns who have poor experiences because they are not cut out to handle the internship might have negative things to say about the internship when they were not suited for it all along.

Expereince of a Lifetime

Rochester, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hleping as many people as possible get their Financial house in order. The amount of money you can make is only limited by your success.

Having people say no to you.

Don't predetermine if you'll like this and want to do it forever. Get your feet wet, try it, be coachable, and see where it takes you.

Advice to Management

Don't oversell the Internship. Interns need to know that it is extremely hard but extremely worth while and fulfilling.

A real trial, for real life!

Knoxville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexability with time and no limit on compensation. It was commision based

I wish I would have known about it earlier.

Put in your best effort up front to really gauge if this is something you could do the rest of your life