Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Submit a Review

Got to have the menatlity to do whatever it takes to succeed.

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that you get to make your own schedule, training and development are top notch, and you really get the opportunity to see how life really works.

The fact that I had to call people everyday and try to set them up for meetings.

Do the work and make sure this is what you really want to do.

A Life Changing Experience

Iowa City, IA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You are in control of everything. What you learn, how you do, and the amount of money you make is alomst completely up to you.

It can be stressful.

If you are a goal-oriented person with good interpersonal skills this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that could change your whole perspective on life.

Describe yourself in three words. What are three words your best friends would use to describe you?

Advice to Management

I think that my office has mastered all of these things. There are other offices around the country that need to address the training and retention though.

Financial Freedom is Glorious

Madison, WI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom to fail.

Lack of structure in remote offices.

Network yourself so deep in groups of people, it doesn't matter what job you want or need; the network will help you find your groove.

Advice to Management

Slush fund for new interns to get out and market themselves would be helpful.

The ability to jump start your career and learn the skills necessary to succeed in life.

Tacoma, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The autonomy, resources, support, mentorship, continued education, and ability to make a difference in lives.

Delayed gratification from the time you meet someone to the time that you get paid on the recommendations you help them implement. The career is very difficult to get started in and build a network of clients. The learning curve is very steep because most of the things that are to be learned for financial planning are not taught in school.

If you are long term focused, self motivating, autonomous, hard-working, and persistent, this will be a good opportunity for you. However, if you need immediate results and lack the autonomy to act as a business owner this might be too much of a challenge. You will be asked to step outside of your comfort zone on the daily to continuously grow and learn and you should be okay with challenge.

How do you like to compensated? Monetarily, Recognition, Leadership opportunities?

Tell me about a time you had to overcome a personal struggle or tell me about a time you took on a lot of responsibility.

Advice to Management

I would prefer the recruiters to focus on the quality of potential interns rather than the quantity, as the more interns who have poor experiences because they are not cut out to handle the internship might have negative things to say about the internship when they were not suited for it all along.

Enhancing your college experience while growing professionally

Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to do what I wanted and make as much money as I wanted. There are no end destinations, it is very goal oriented.

The difficulty of starting and maintaining a busy schedule.

If you do decide to pursuit this internship, it will definitely be worth it. You will learn so much and have a huge impact on your friends and family lives.

Do you have any experience in sales?

Great Opportunity

Harrisburg, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

No maximum earning potential, flexibility in schedule, real life learning experience.

There were no negatives about this internship.

Bestcompany in the financial services industry.

If you want safety, go else where, but remember nothing ever grows in a place of comfort.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay can be great. Ability to network. control of schedule.

Not being understood by people not in the field or who have no prior knowledge of it.

Take this opportunity seriously, you will be playing with live ammo.

Intern earns thousands by helping indivuals and families become more financially secure!

Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Personal growth and development. Opening the door to a rich, fulfilling carreer.

Selling - which involves a lot of rejection.

Northwestern mutuals corporate culture is unique. The culture is extremly proffessional and exudes doing the right thing. I can't imagine a better opportunity. I've been full time for a while and have a very strong income, freedom and flexibility over my time and most of all I make a positive difference in my clients lives.

Creativity and Elegance required

Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, time flexibility, leadership, "open -doorness", expirence

Nothing

Be ready to become exposed to the real life of a CEO right away. Quick decisions that need to be good are required and you must become and expert at balance and efficiency.

Tell me about a time you failed at something and how did you learn from it.

Advice to Management

I don't believe the organization needs to improve here. Obviously you can always to do better with the aforementioned items but I believe NM's internship program truly should be ranked #1 in the company

You get out what you put in

Springfield, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You schedule your own time. Meet with the people you want to meet with. Whatever effort you put in is what you will get out of the internship

It takes time to get paid because of the cycle

Set a goal and decide to reach it. Then dont stop until you do

What is your willingness to ask for help from coaches and mentors?

Advice to Management

I would change nothing, perhaps more willingness to cover costs of Representatives, however the more skin I have in the game the harder I will be working