Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Submit a Review

A competitive, fun, and challeneging way to learn the indusrty

Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned more than I did in school. I was able to grow up as an individual while getting real life experience. I didn't have to grab coffee or do administrative work.

It was stressful at times.

Everybody should at least give it a shot. I never thought of this as a career when I started, but I gave it a chance and now I am here.

What makes you a good fit?

Advice to Management

I think it is fine the way it is. As long as you take the internship seriously and are coachable you will learn more than in any other internship.

What is Your Maximum Potential?

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to make as much money as you could imagine. It is really nice to not have a salary cap. I love the flexibility that I have to take off from work whenever needed or to make my schedule work better with a prospects.

There wasn't anything I didn't like about my internship.

Work hard and you will reap the benefits early

You're Options are Endless

Omaha, NE | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting my experience before graduation was key, setting up my business to be a well oiled machine.

None, I had an unbelievable experience.

Don't let your fears get in the way of your potential.

Why did you apply for this internship?

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to get the freshman and sophmores in as AFR's to learn the business.

Help others live courageously and with purpose

Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

1. Flexibility, I never have to miss something important because of work

2. Helping great people protect their family through insurance

3. Future potential for income is really high

Commission based jobs are very motivating but can be stressful on a family

Be willing to put in the time and effort to be successful, and look past the no’s

Unlimited opportunity to apply a financial education to a real world career while building a business and helping others

Buffalo, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The training and support from peers and home office coupled with the autonomy and unlimited opportunity to grow, continue your education and not have a corporate glass ceiling. Working for a company that puts investing in their employees and delivering value before anything else.

Our office was underdeveloped at the time so there was no director of the program or formal mentor structure like there is now.

Work hard, follow the trianing, ask for help and always keep learning.

What motivates you most in a career?

Tell me about a time where you were faced with adversity that you had to overcome?

Are you motivated by helping others?

Advice to Management

Have a better transitional structure from the employees that have success and hit early goals that continues while they are in the early stages of their career.

A Life Changing Experience

Iowa City, IA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You are in control of everything. What you learn, how you do, and the amount of money you make is alomst completely up to you.

It can be stressful.

If you are a goal-oriented person with good interpersonal skills this is a once in a lifetime opportunity that could change your whole perspective on life.

Describe yourself in three words. What are three words your best friends would use to describe you?

Advice to Management

I think that my office has mastered all of these things. There are other offices around the country that need to address the training and retention though.

excellent chance to test drive the career

Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

great experience in real world

rejection with prospects

stick it out

Intern earns thousands by helping indivuals and families become more financially secure!

Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Personal growth and development. Opening the door to a rich, fulfilling carreer.

Selling - which involves a lot of rejection.

Northwestern mutuals corporate culture is unique. The culture is extremly proffessional and exudes doing the right thing. I can't imagine a better opportunity. I've been full time for a while and have a very strong income, freedom and flexibility over my time and most of all I make a positive difference in my clients lives.

A life changing experience

Syracuse, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, freedom, responsibility, training/mentoring, opportunity to be in leadership as an intern, pay

Hard to do while in school and taking classes

You have to give it a shot to believe anything you will hear or see about it.

Advice to Management

Not much that could be improved

Unbelievably impactful experience at Northwestern Mutual

Syracuse, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

grow as a person, learn how to run a business, help people, impact families and your community, leadership opportunities, opportunity to go full time.

I really enjoyed all aspects of the internship.

This internship gives you real world work experience. It is unlike traditional internship in that you are coached, developed and trained by the best in the industry.

Thiking of your 3 closest friends, what do they have in common with each other?

If I met one of your closest friends what might they tell me about you?

Tell me about a challenging experience you have had and how you over came it.