Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Submit a Review

Enhancing your college experience while growing professionally

Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to do what I wanted and make as much money as I wanted. There are no end destinations, it is very goal oriented.

The difficulty of starting and maintaining a busy schedule.

If you do decide to pursuit this internship, it will definitely be worth it. You will learn so much and have a huge impact on your friends and family lives.

Do you have any experience in sales?

Best opportunity any college student could receive if they are willing to take the internship very seriously.

Springfield, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There's not enough good things I can say about it. You get the chance to be a professional, you can develop a clientele, you learn hands on things like finance, estate planning, accounting, investing, how to run a real business, and so much more. My only regret in college is that I didn't do more with the internship. I learned 10 times more through the program than I did in any class in college.

If you don't take the internship very seriously it is a terrible internship

Believe in the system and dive in head first. If you go into it even only half way you won't get anything out of it.

They ask you about specific traits you have on your harrison assessment.

Advice to Management

I don't think there are any negative things I could say to how they are running the internship.

Real Life, hands on internship!

Princeton, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the training and hands on learning by doing joint work with veteran reps.

Hard to keep up while back at shcool. More for summer.

tyr it and you will know if the career is for you.

Real World Expericence in Financial Services

Springfield, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Freedom and unlimted growth! Real world application and experience

need to be a self starter

Do everything you are told, get out of your comfort zone and you will grow!

are you self motivated

what are your goals in life

Advice to Management

non

If you want safety, go else where, but remember nothing ever grows in a place of comfort.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay can be great. Ability to network. control of schedule.

Not being understood by people not in the field or who have no prior knowledge of it.

Take this opportunity seriously, you will be playing with live ammo.

Excitingly eye opening experience into the financial services industry

Providence, RI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

real world experience

I can't say that their was anything I disliked.

you own your own business

The opportunity of a lifetime

Akron, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, resources, learning, communication skills, workplace culture, fun

Inconsistent pay and down time. When you are struggling with finding clients or keeping a full schedule. You always have your tram to pick you up and help you rough tough times.

Know what you are getting into and if it is the right type of opportunity for yourself. Ask questions.

What is an example of failure that you have experienced in your life and how did you overcome it?

Advice to Management

No Comment

Unbelievably impactful experience at Northwestern Mutual

Syracuse, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

grow as a person, learn how to run a business, help people, impact families and your community, leadership opportunities, opportunity to go full time.

I really enjoyed all aspects of the internship.

This internship gives you real world work experience. It is unlike traditional internship in that you are coached, developed and trained by the best in the industry.

Thiking of your 3 closest friends, what do they have in common with each other?

If I met one of your closest friends what might they tell me about you?

Tell me about a challenging experience you have had and how you over came it.

Life impacting experience

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent training and joint work access. Ability to run my own business.

It can be frustrating running your own business at the age of 21.

Why not test drive a career with a company that always receives high accolades from those who have gone thru the intership?

Advice to Management

Either simiply the topics we can speak to prospects about or figure out how to get us licensed quicker.

The ability to jump start your career and learn the skills necessary to succeed in life.

Tacoma, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The autonomy, resources, support, mentorship, continued education, and ability to make a difference in lives.

Delayed gratification from the time you meet someone to the time that you get paid on the recommendations you help them implement. The career is very difficult to get started in and build a network of clients. The learning curve is very steep because most of the things that are to be learned for financial planning are not taught in school.

If you are long term focused, self motivating, autonomous, hard-working, and persistent, this will be a good opportunity for you. However, if you need immediate results and lack the autonomy to act as a business owner this might be too much of a challenge. You will be asked to step outside of your comfort zone on the daily to continuously grow and learn and you should be okay with challenge.

How do you like to compensated? Monetarily, Recognition, Leadership opportunities?

Tell me about a time you had to overcome a personal struggle or tell me about a time you took on a lot of responsibility.

Advice to Management

I would prefer the recruiters to focus on the quality of potential interns rather than the quantity, as the more interns who have poor experiences because they are not cut out to handle the internship might have negative things to say about the internship when they were not suited for it all along.