Date: 2013

An internship that creates great generational employees but more importantly better people

Pay, opportunity, the lack of micromanagement, accessibility to resources and guidance, career opportunity

The least favorite parts are ultimately what creates urgency to do better (i.e. lack of hourly pay)

Although all commission and sales are a scary thing, taking advantage of an opportunity that requires you to fulfill the responsibilities of a CEO at an early age will propel your professional life regardless of where one ends up

Advice to Management

I have no quarrels here

Real world experience

Test driving the full time career

Self discipline was a struggle at first but I have made great progress in that area that will help me in all aspects of life

Not many internships give you the flexibility and power to try out the real career. You won't be doing pointless things like catering to someone.

Advice to Management

Training could use some work

Date: 2013

It is an amazing life changing expirience.

Pay, Schedule, I am my own boss

Nothing it is amazing.... I am the only thing that stands in my way!

If you do it you better be all in.

Advice to Management

None I have it good being at Northwestern Mutual

Date: 2013

A chance to learn who you are, what your morals are, and work ethic and drive to suceed.

The compensation and hours

took a month to get rolling with compensation.

If you are not content with the status quo, like interaction, like to make a difference in peoples lives, and want to be your own boss then this is it for you.

Advice to Management

the training should be more practical field based with real examples, not book based.

real life experience

doing things the top people in the company were doing and getting paid for my efforts.

There was nothing i dis-liked

great company, great career

Date: 2013

Great leanring experience for everbody, even those who decide its not a good fit.

Impact, Income, Independence, Intillect

Inconsistent checks. Little harder to maintain while taking classes

work hard

Date: 2013

Help people build a foundation of financial security without the ups and downs of the market

The opportunities that are ahead. Some interns do not have the foresight for what this career brings. It enables the ones that stick out the tough/beginning years with opportunities unimaginable, relating to future lifestyle, flexibility and freedoms

Calling people on the phone is always tough. But it is necessary in order to be successful

Know that you bring 100% value when you work at Northwestern Mutual. Focus on getting in front of people early on and use joint work. Always do what is best for the client. But mostly focus on meeting with people everyday.

Advice to Management

I believe some of the training needs to be updated and that new advisors must realize that this business is slow growing and takes a while to get going

Date: 2013

Impact people's lives and your own for the better.

I just really loved the freedom it offered to run your own business with no overhead or real risk. Starting out that was a big deal to me in order to have best possible opportunity for longevity in this industry.

The fact that hte majority of the compensation was commission based was scary at first, but afterwards I wouldn't have it any other way.

Work as hard as you possibly can from the get go, don't waste a lot of time trying to learn out of a book. Spend your time learning out in the field in real life situations.

Advice to Management

I think more individual attention should be paid to the interns, because there is so much potential there for the future growth ofthe company's field force.

Work Hard, Become Eduacted, Learn to face adversity, Make a lot of money

Flexibility, Support, Didn't work under someone instead I had a mentor who helped guide me in the career.

The rejection.

Come in ready to work hard. The faster you start the more likely you will enjoy the internship.

Advice to Management

They honestly do a good job with being upfront with things.

Date: 2013

They provide 100% of the resources and training for you to succeed, It is up to you to bring your dreams into a reality.

Ongoing Training and Real Life Experience.

Networking is difficult at first but you really need to practice what the teach you in regard to prospecting.

Northwestern Mutual gives you a proven system to succeed. If you follow the system and are "coachable" you have unlimited opporunity even as an intern.

Advice to Management

A larger weekly stipend since it usually takes about 3 months to onboard a new client there are several weeks when you have to get by on just $100 per week which obviously does not work. If the weekly stipend was larger for the first several weeks, but then dropped off after the 3rd month then it would be a smoother transition into earning consisten liveable revenue.