Intern at Northwestern Mutual Internship? Submit a Review

Incredible sales opportunity to become a financial advisor with Northwestern Mutual!

Boulder, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The independence while still getting a lot of training and development. The unlimited financial opportunity to make more than any other interhship in the world

It was all up to me!

Your resutls and compensation will be directly correlated to your hard work, skills/development, and coachability.

What is your 1 and 3 year vision personally, professionally and financially?

Advice to Management

Make sure they know it is a sales opportunity, that is why it is uncapped financially and why their is so much flexiblity

Best opportunity any college student could receive if they are willing to take the internship very seriously.

Springfield, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

There's not enough good things I can say about it. You get the chance to be a professional, you can develop a clientele, you learn hands on things like finance, estate planning, accounting, investing, how to run a real business, and so much more. My only regret in college is that I didn't do more with the internship. I learned 10 times more through the program than I did in any class in college.

If you don't take the internship very seriously it is a terrible internship

Believe in the system and dive in head first. If you go into it even only half way you won't get anything out of it.

They ask you about specific traits you have on your harrison assessment.

Advice to Management

I don't think there are any negative things I could say to how they are running the internship.

Hard work pays off, incredibly rewarding!

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

A chance to be your own business owner, learn way more than finance, sales, managment, etc.

lots of rejection, very tough

Not for the faint of heart

Advice to Management

Employee rentention is the toughest part, lots of folks don't know exactly what they're getting in to and it's very difficult

Do what's best for the client, not what's best for you.

Salt Lake City, UT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting new people and building a network

Asking for referrals

If you are good with people and enjoy meeting new people and building a business this is the opportunity for you.

Enriching the lives of others and being paid well for it

Columbia, SC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with and improving the lives of people who know they need help.

Wearing a suit

Self discipline is the most valuable attribute for someone in our organization

Where are you in three years? What have you accomplished? What are you most proud of?

Advice to Management

Promoting the opportunity to more people

Independence, real life training, professional development, and amazing income potential.

Des Moines, IA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture and relationships

getting used to being up so early

Hit the ground running to recieve full benefits of program.

Tell me your best accomplish and why it is your best.

How involved on campus were you.

Advice to Management

Make sure they know its a career, not a summer job you show up to 2 days a week.

An amazing opportunity to build your own financial planning practice and gain real world experience.

Akron, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship with Northwestern Mutual is the ability to gain real world experience of starting up and running your own financial planning business, with no personal capital needed to invest up front. Learning life/business skills that would help in any career path, such as enhancing communication and time management, increased self confidence, and finanical planning knowledge helpful in your own personal life and business. Interns have the same opportunities as fulltime representives in building their client base. The independence, control of schedule, positive impact of interactions with clients, and a limitless income potential.

I did not have any negative experiences with my two years as in intern with Northwestern Mutual.

Understand that this opportunity is not meant for everyone. Individuals who are open minded, willing/wanting to learn, and that are not afraid of working hard to get great rewards should apply. The company does a great job in supporting an interns growth and development, but it is meant for people striving for growth and experience.

What are you looking for in a career? Do you have aspirations of running your own business? What is your why?

Advice to Management

The company needs to continue to support it's representatives in training, education, and industry changes as it consistently does.

Life impacting experience

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent training and joint work access. Ability to run my own business.

It can be frustrating running your own business at the age of 21.

Why not test drive a career with a company that always receives high accolades from those who have gone thru the intership?

Advice to Management

Either simiply the topics we can speak to prospects about or figure out how to get us licensed quicker.

Awesome!

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with clients

I Liked all aspects of the internship program at Northwestern Mutual

Work hard and you will be rewarded. It was a great experience!

best professional decision i have made in my life

Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

being full-time as an intern, you do exactly what you the full-time advisors do

the only downside of the internship is you have to get out of your confort zone immediately. that's why so many people fail at the internship becusae its not hard and nobody can make the calls or build your business for you. but if you do fight through those uncomfortable moments. paradise is on the other side.

this internship will never give you more out than what you've put into it. you have to be able to work hard and if you do you will be very successful