A REAL CAREER TEST DRIVE

The fact that you had flexibility and could be compensated just like a full time advisor.

What i liked least was that it made me VERY uncomfortable at the time, much like any new business owner would. It was sink or swim, but in retrospect thats what made me who I am today and I'm happy with that.

The fact that this is an internship that you will grow in more than you could ever think possible. Its heavy duty and even if you dont find this career to be your passion, you will be a stronger human being.

Advice to Management

I would say it specific to the different offices. As a whole, we need to constantly improve on being great role models to our interns we bring on and make sure we have the infrastructre to support all that we promise.

Date: 2013

This is the opportunity of a lifetime.

Real world application. Ability to grow your own book of busniess. Ability to work both with and without a supervisor. Unbelievable training and learning opportunity.

At the very beginning I was unsure if it was for me, but after some convincing it has been the best decision I have ever made for my career.

This is a great opportunity for any one with an entrepreneurial spirit. This is not an intership for the faint of heart, but if you love a challange and want to grow this is the place to be.

Advice to Management

More people need to know about this program.

Date: 2013

Ability to build a career that offers unlimited income potential, independence and impact.

The personal growth I had. My communication skills, etc.

Since it was new, I found it intimidating at first. I didn't dislike this aspect, but it was a factor early on.

What other career offers unlimited income potential, independence and impact. What will be important to you now/down the road. I think this is the career that will allow you to live your life by design, not default.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring in high level individuals.

Date: 2013

Real work expeerience that test drives a career of building your own business.

The training for this internship really gives its interns the development they need for the career. The work you do as an intern does not differ far from someone who is full-time so you really get to find out if this career is right for you through the internship.

The expected activity is tough and majority of the pay is commission. When you do the activity, it is really rewarding. If it was easy then everyone would be doing it.

The training for this internship teaches you how to build a business. Those skills can be applied to any career.

Advice to Management

Better communication upfront of what is expected of interns day to day. Many interns end up asking a lot of questions to full-time employees that do not want to be bothered from 9-5.

Date: 2013

Northwestern Mutual provides the most valuable experience in the finance world of internships.

The client interaction coupled with real life business ownership experience.

I just wanted to be done with school so that I could run a financial services practice fulltime.

This internship could lead to your first and last job of your life. It's absolutely worth trying.

Advice to Management

Diversity can always help any workplace in America. I see that as an area of opportunity.

Date: 2013

Developing young profressionals into successful and motivated business owners.

The best aspects were the very informing trainings and support of the entire company whether it be my office at a local level or the home office on a national capacity.

There were very few things I disliked about the internship.

Don't be scared to open yourself up and follow the system that is laid out for you. Don't try and be better than the system that has worked so well for so long.

Date: 2013

The Most Rewarding Internship Ever!

Being able to set your own hours. The financial compensation. The unlimited possibilities that can be achieved. My fellow collegues. The constant ability to learn and further my career.

Sometime our weekly development locations would change. Once I went to the wrong location and missed the session for that week.

NWM is the in a category of its own. If you are looking for an internship that you are actually getting to test drive the career of a full time Financial Representative, then NWM is the company you want to select. The internship actually allows you to experience the day to day life of a full time Rep. You will learn a lot about yourself by participating in this internship, even if this is not the career path you want to take. It is a very rewarding experience.

Advice to Management

N/A

Date: 2013

They provide 100% of the resources and training for you to succeed, It is up to you to bring your dreams into a reality.

Ongoing Training and Real Life Experience.

Networking is difficult at first but you really need to practice what the teach you in regard to prospecting.

Northwestern Mutual gives you a proven system to succeed. If you follow the system and are "coachable" you have unlimited opporunity even as an intern.

Advice to Management

A larger weekly stipend since it usually takes about 3 months to onboard a new client there are several weeks when you have to get by on just $100 per week which obviously does not work. If the weekly stipend was larger for the first several weeks, but then dropped off after the 3rd month then it would be a smoother transition into earning consisten liveable revenue.

Work Hard, Become Eduacted, Learn to face adversity, Make a lot of money

Flexibility, Support, Didn't work under someone instead I had a mentor who helped guide me in the career.

The rejection.

Come in ready to work hard. The faster you start the more likely you will enjoy the internship.

Advice to Management

They honestly do a good job with being upfront with things.

Date: 2013

Impact people's lives and your own for the better.

I just really loved the freedom it offered to run your own business with no overhead or real risk. Starting out that was a big deal to me in order to have best possible opportunity for longevity in this industry.

The fact that hte majority of the compensation was commission based was scary at first, but afterwards I wouldn't have it any other way.

Work as hard as you possibly can from the get go, don't waste a lot of time trying to learn out of a book. Spend your time learning out in the field in real life situations.

Advice to Management

I think more individual attention should be paid to the interns, because there is so much potential there for the future growth ofthe company's field force.