Intern at Houlihan Lokey? Submit a Review

Houlihan Lokey Offers Fun, Extremely Valuable Learning Opportunity Packaged Into 10 Week Program

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with, the work I was doing itself, and the perks Houlihan provided. When you work a lot of hours in investment banking, it really is the little things that make all the difference.

It wasn't really a huge concern for me, but if I had to pick one thing, it would be the length of the internship. Because of the nature of Houlihan's lines of work (e.g. Financial Advisory Services works on a lot of deals that happen over a short period of time; Financial Restructuring Group works on fewer deals that happen over a longer amount of time), not everyone is able to see all aspects of a deal during their summer internship.

Houlihan is the kind of firm that likes to recruit people who "take the bull by the horns" and are "out-of-the-box thinkers." Strong technical skills and a willingness to learn are important.

Great culture

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were great including the interns

Loved the summer intern events

I was really worried at the end about getting an offer but I did

Great experience and would definitely take an offer if you can get one

An intense, but ultimately very rewarding experience.

Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I appreciated the the responsibility I received. My work had a direct impact on the success of the company.

I would have liked to have completed a merger deal from start to finish.

Employees work long hours, so be prepared for that if you are considering this company or investment banking in general.

Great Introduction into the Distressed World

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the nature of the work

It is banking, the hours are long

A great job if you're sure you want to do banking

Worked hard with great people and enjoyed myself with the same great people

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The group I worked with was fantastic. Overall, the summer intern program was great. The firm conducted weekly summer intern events that were a great bonding experience.

Ironically, more work. A designed and structured summer intern project to present at the end of the summer.

Make sure you get a long with the people you spoke with and a group of people that you think you would get along with.

Valuable work experience that develops you into a well-rounded professional.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The breadth of what I was assigned to do, and the people here who form the great work culture that the firm is known to have.

Sometimes it's difficult to conceptually understand what you're working on, because everyone doesn't have enough time to explain.

Feel comfortable enough to voice your thoughts, and make yourself a valuable resource in every way possible.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)