Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program? Submit a Review

Sophisticated financial education with a great culture

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Complex transactions, interactions with senior bankers, quality work

none that were apparent

It is valuable to work at a firm, such as Evercore, that truly appreciates human capital. Evercore works on extremely complex transactions and allows junior bankers he opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way.

The best of the best

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, training, quality of work, impactful work

Nothing. I really enjoyed my time and signed my offer immediately.

Come in very prepared. Quality of interns around you is very high.

Highly technical interview process.

Advice to Management

It's perfect really.

Best place to do banking

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, deal flow, mentorship, learning opportunities, having legitimate responsibilities

typical things associated with banking- unpredictable hours

The best part about this firm is the people. I genuinely like the people I work with and actually hang out with them outside of work. It's a environment to be in, and it's fun learning from such smart, yet approachable, down-to-earth type people

Lots of responsibility, supportive coworkers

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- amount of responsibility given to interns

- supportive nature of coworkers

- senior bankers were dedicated to the furthering of the summer analysts' learning

- Did not like the separation between summer analysts based on the product group

Culture is very important when choosing between investment banking firms and Evercore has one of the best cultures on the Street.

No better place to start a career in Investment Banking

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Firm culture was absolutely amazing - no face time and no senseless work. Junior employees (interns, analysts and associates) were all VERY willing to help cover each other's work when stuff comes up. There's just a huge collaborative atmosphere at work so over the summer, I was never worried about 'competing' with other interns and I definitely see how this culture really flows through the entire firm.

Deal flow and deal experience was also amazing this summer. Even as an intern, I got to work on a whole host of amazing projects. The firm trusted me enough to give me real work to do on these projects too so I actually felt like I was contributing.

Training program was done in-house by analysts and associates at the firm, instead of farming it out to agencies like Wall Street Training. This means that the training was incredibly personal, very tailored to specific needs and far more in-depth and effective. I learned a lot from the entire program.

We only found out about whether we were getting a return offer on the last day of work, AFTER the end-of-internship celebration dinner (which was the second last day of work) so it made it a little hard to enjoy the celebration since we didn't know if we were actually getting a return offer yet.

There's no doubt in my mind that Evercore is the perfect place to get your feet wet in Investment Banking. The firm is well-respected and you'll get to work on the same big name clients and projects that Bulge Brackets work on, but at the same time the firm culture is infinitely better and you don't feel like just a cog. I can't stress culture enough - if you're going to be working the hours you do in Banking, you'll definitely appreciate the very relaxed, open and collaborative culture at Evercore. Plus, Evercore has historically given out return offers to every single intern so there's no need to 'compete' with fellow interns.

awesome

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people; interesting work; good pay

Unpredictable hours

Good attitude; good technical skills

exceptional experience with great people

deal exposure

occasional long hours

be prepared to be given a lot of responsibility

You work hard but you are learning every second

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You are always learning. The work is super interesting.

The hours are very hard. But, since you are learning new skills every day the time goes by fast.

Work hard. Have a positive attitude. Be very detail oriented.

Advice to Management

Be more conscious of time management.

Fantastic

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were great to work with and the senior people served as great mentors throughout the process.

I didn't dislike anything in all honestly. Loved the experience.

It has a great culture with very smart people.

Best banking internship possible

Access to senior bankers

That it ended

Be ready to take the lead

Advice to Management

More in office benefits (ie catered lunch a few times a week?)