Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Progam Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Evercore The Best Investment Bank

The best aspects were the ability to engage in discussion with senior bankers and hear there take on strategy and decision making.

Long hours. But, that is a factor of the job not the firm.

Perhaps work on your excel and finance skills before the summer starts.

Date: 2013

Evercore offers the best analyst experience

The best aspects of the internshp was the ability to work on awesome deals in a very tight nit group. Evercore is a very horizontally structured company so getting good senior exposure is very common.

Investment Banking is Investment Banking, you will work a lot of hours. But, Evercore is with out a doubt the best place to do IB.

Prepare to work hard. Always double check everything you submit.

Date: 2012

Evercore provided an extremely valuable experience in a great work environment that really nurtures young members of the firm

The work is challenging and interesting, creating constant learning experiences; the people are friendly and approachable; the culture has a really strong sense of mentorship and community

The lifestyle and hours can be quite unpredictable- but that is expected in a banking internship

This is an amazing place to work; you will constantly face challenges that teach you to become better analysts (due to the lean deal teams and the amount of responsibility you are expected to take on); but you will always have people you can turn to (there are both official and unofficial mentors who are available and very willing to teach)

Date: 2012

My internship with Evercore was a great experience with work on live deals and interaction with senior employees.

The best aspect of the internship was the culture by far. I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone in the office, and everyone took my opinion seriously even as an intern.

We had a week of training out of a total of a ten week internship, and it taught me a lot. I would have still enjoyed more training, however.

Evercore is made up of the best and brightest people in the industry from the analyst to partner level. On top of that, they are also incredibly helpful and nice.

Date: 2012

Good learning experience, demanding but worthwhile

learned a lot, good culture, good perks, good people

hours, unpredictability

great place to start your career, definitely be prepared, network, be proactive and take initative

Advice to Management

possibly hire more interns so they can transition over to full time, more training?

Date: 2012

An intense and rewarding crash-course in investment banking.

Leanring experience, create co-workers, excellent senior bankers and management, hands-on

Long work hours

Know tha you want to pursue advisory investment banking, make sure you like the people, pursue it out of genuine intellectual interest

Advice to Management

The company is growing very fast (which is great), perhaps be more proactive in dealing with how those growing pains affect employees (space, IT, research, etc.)

Date: 2012

Great people, hard work, interesting projects

The people I worked with

Work hours

Go in looking to learn and be humble

Advice to Management

Have slightly less hours

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Date: 2012

Integreated experience while working with multiple deal teams.

I was given a realistic experience of the industry. I also learned a great deal from the teams I worked with.

Lack of flexibility with my schedule.

Working with the right people and how you fit with that company culture makes a tremendous difference on whether or not you will enjoy the internship.

Advice to Management

Overall, I was very pleased with my experience.