Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #8 Best Overall Internships

rare combination of great deal experience and phenomenal firm culture. probably the best experience you'll have in M&A
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

transaction experience, great culture, peer mentorship, senior exposure, bounty of firm social events / coworker bonding

it is in banking after all, so you won't be able to escape the rough hours and mundane aspects of the job. but with that understanding, the general attitude towards work (no busy work, little face time, general mentality that coworkers are people and not 'assets' that appears to be sparse across wall street) ameliorates those factors to a level i found more than bearable

if you are interested in M&A at all, make this your top choice. if you define the traditional tradeoff of banking as learning experience / career value versus lifestyle, this is a firm will almost certainly put you far above and to the right of the rest of wall street

- walk me through your resume

- why banking

- why evercore

- lots of technicals (for analyst level: three valuation methodologies, valuation multiples, DCF, accounting, enterprise value concepts, cash flow concepts, and others based on what you have on your resume)

Advice to Management

honestly, not much. from a relative perspective, compensation is already at the top of the street, but from absolute perspective can always be better, especially given all the recent positive momentum at other banks. understand they are just playing catch up but

Great investment banking experience with many live-deal experiences, best work-life balance on Wall Street, and best culture/pay
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture, meaningful deal experience, learned an immense amount, amazing pay, great people to work with

Unpredictable hours at times

Evercore is a place with an amazing culture that fosters growth and development and learning, not making employees work like slaves. The work life balance is the best candidates will find across Wall Street, and the small teams gives exposure to senior management. in addition, the pay is higher than all the other banks!

Advice to Management

Staffer should be more conscious of exactly what kind of work the interns are doing, sometimes there should be more/less people staffed per team.

A second-to-none learning experience with some of the best mentors and colleagues on Wall Street
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

tremendous responsibilities from day 1, firm has strong collegial culture, "generalist" learning model

lack of resources and technology platforms

size of the organization matters - large/small platforms offer both pros/cons

Realistic and fantastic learning experience.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture and worked on diverse projects.

Unpredictability of the hours over the course of the summer

Overall a great internship experience.

asdffasdfasdf

Good learning experience, demanding but worthwhile
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

learned a lot, good culture, good perks, good people

hours, unpredictability

great place to start your career, definitely be prepared, network, be proactive and take initative

Advice to Management

possibly hire more interns so they can transition over to full time, more training?

My internship with Evercore was a great experience with work on live deals and interaction with senior employees.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the culture by far. I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone in the office, and everyone took my opinion seriously even as an intern.

We had a week of training out of a total of a ten week internship, and it taught me a lot. I would have still enjoyed more training, however.

Evercore is made up of the best and brightest people in the industry from the analyst to partner level. On top of that, they are also incredibly helpful and nice.

Evercore provided an extremely valuable experience in a great work environment that really nurtures young members of the firm
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work is challenging and interesting, creating constant learning experiences; the people are friendly and approachable; the culture has a really strong sense of mentorship and community

The lifestyle and hours can be quite unpredictable- but that is expected in a banking internship

This is an amazing place to work; you will constantly face challenges that teach you to become better analysts (due to the lean deal teams and the amount of responsibility you are expected to take on); but you will always have people you can turn to (there are both official and unofficial mentors who are available and very willing to teach)

An intense and rewarding crash-course in investment banking.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Leanring experience, create co-workers, excellent senior bankers and management, hands-on

Long work hours

Know tha you want to pursue advisory investment banking, make sure you like the people, pursue it out of genuine intellectual interest

Advice to Management

The company is growing very fast (which is great), perhaps be more proactive in dealing with how those growing pains affect employees (space, IT, research, etc.)

Great people, hard work, interesting projects

The people I worked with

Work hours

Go in looking to learn and be humble

Advice to Management

Have slightly less hours

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)