Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program? Submit a Review

A challenging environment that fosters the development of financial knowledge

challenging

well compensated

access to superiors

long hours

difficult work

Given the small size of the firm, candidates who excelled also took the initiative to seek out work during the summer.

Life at the highest pitch of intensity: The Evercore Experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with some of the smartest people I have ever met in an extremely friendly and intense manner.

Nothing - I enjoyed every minute of my time at Evercore.

You learn more at Evercore because more is expected of you - we hire the best analyst class on Wall Street and every single of our hires loves their time here. There's a reason we have the highest retention rate among all of our peers.

Evercore investment banking summer camp - mingle and model

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know so many people at the firm, forming close bonds with all of the other summer analysts, learning from all the patient mentors, getting to work on real deals and get good deal experience, and going on all the awesome firm-wide events

Unpredictability of the hours

Not only is Evercore one of the fastest growing investment bank and participates in some of the biggest deals each year, it continues to grab hold of a tight-nit culture. Everyone at the firm is so willing to teach and make sure you learn. Everyone loves to have fun and truly enjoy working with each other. That's the kind of environment you want to be in.

Could not have worked for a more respected and culture-oriented firm

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and deal flow

Few late nights but that's the nature of the job

If you want to do investment banking, there's no better place to do it than Evercore

Challenged yet supported by smart nice people

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with some of the most successful people on the street who want to teach you about how to succeed.

A generalist pool means you work with a lot of different topics

Need to be comfortable working with very senior people right away. They will ask your opinions so be ready to be more than just a workhorse.

The best internship in banking.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were how much I learned over the summer. I was staffed on live deals as well as pitches. Working on these projects increased my technical knowledge of finance, improved my excel and financial modeling skills, and provided me with a valuable skill set I can use across multiple firms or industries. If I didn't know something, my full-time coworkers were willing to take the time to explain the concept until I understood it. If I was busy with one project, people on other teams usually understood why I couldn't work on their project immediately.

My least favorite part was that after firm social events, you are still expected to finish your work that you would have been doing during the time of the event. I think this happens across most firms though.

When you talk to firms, pay attention to whether people seem content with their firm or they seem like they hate their lives. There are many differences I saw between Evercore and other firms. From a day to day basis though, I thought it was valuable to be at a shop where people enjoy being there.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if people could be up for promotion ahead of the set timetable. I get that almost every firm is very rigid and standardized that you spend 2-3 years as an analyst, 3.5 as an associate, 3 as a VP, etc. but if someone is ready to be promoted, I think they should have that opportunity.

amazing culture; I couldn't do banking anywhere else but Evercore after this summer

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

culture; how senior management actually cares about making sure the younger ones are getting a great experience

I wish my projects weren't so crazy so I could try out more groups and take on more modeling work

Culture is extremely important at Evercore so the recruiting team looks for candidates who are outgoing and friendly in addition to intelligent and hard working.

Advice to Management

Giving us more responsibility- allowing us to do more modeling work and analyst-level work towards the end. (However, I do understand that projects are time sensitive so interns might not always be able to take on more challenging work.)

Best banking experience I could have asked for

- People

- Work-life balance

- Hours were bad on certain days

- Work hard and learn a lot

Intern or Associate?

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the high responsbility interns are given.

They were too easy on the interns. Let us go very early and attend all company events even if our team was still working.

Evercore is a very special place. Its success lies in the high quality employees you get. Part of the job is not only doing great work but working well with your teams. If you would prefer to be solitary, Evercore may not be the best place for you. The amount you learn and experience you receive is phenomenal. Evercore has smaller deal teams so you are integral to the work, but they stilll work on huge deals.

Great experience with fantastic people.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was staffed on several live deals and learned a great deal about the industry.

The unpredictability of the job.

Fantastic experience with great people that want you to succeed and learn.