Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #8 Best Overall Internships

I felt as though the firm did its best to make sure that I got what I wanted out of my summer experience and treated me well.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The largest pro for me was that I was a generalist for the summer and had the opportunity to work with many different groups. Now I have a better idea of how each group operates and can request to work with the groups that fit me best when I return. The firm also did a great job on making sure that you were busy, but not too busy and if you were beginning to feel overwhelmed it was ok to turn down additional projects. Another highlight of the summer for me were the social events, which were frequent and allowed for close interactions with Partners.

I don't have any cons about the internship. The other interns and I were continually asked if we had any feedback regarding the internship program, and what small feedback we had the firm was quick to fix/implement (this is a big bonus of working at a firm with a smaller internship class).

Overall I had a great internship experience at Evercore. Two things that I think were great about the firm were 1) the firm is continuing to grow whereas some of the larger banks are contracting and 2) the firm has a spot for every intern that it brings in so there is no competition between the interns and the stress level regarding receiving an offer is greatly reduced.

A breath of fresh air when it comes to banking; mentoring culture shows senior employees truly care about junior bankers
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, culture, quality of work, compensation

Hours are long, but that is expected in investment banking. Easier to work long hours when surrounded by fantastic people.

Every at Evercore is extremely talented, yet also humble and laidback. The firm cares about culture as much as they do about intellectual ability. Make sure you are qualified in both areas.

Advice to Management

Banking is banking, but Evercore is the best place to do it.

Could not have worked for a more respected and culture-oriented firm
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and deal flow

Few late nights but that's the nature of the job

If you want to do investment banking, there's no better place to do it than Evercore

Evercore internship program offers high analyst responsibility and meaningful work, senior exposure and a great work life balance
Toronto | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- better hours and culture

- friendly and helpful employees

Back office at Evercore is only in New York, therefore any printing and binding would have to be done by the bankers in the regional offices

This is the best internship program that is currently offered by any investment bank.

The best finance experience you can get as a junior in college.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior leadership, career development, working on complex financial models, working with extremely smart superiors and peers, team building activities, having a great summer analyst class, gaining client exposure.

The hours are long

Many extremely smart and talented people, lean deal teams, strong exposure to clients, ability to learn complex financial modeling, highly selective summer applicant process (maintain high GPA, having a previous internship and strong extracurriculars helps). People here are passionate about finance.

Advice to Management

Start promoting the top analysts to associate after two years.

Evercore investment banking summer camp - mingle and model
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know so many people at the firm, forming close bonds with all of the other summer analysts, learning from all the patient mentors, getting to work on real deals and get good deal experience, and going on all the awesome firm-wide events

Unpredictability of the hours

Not only is Evercore one of the fastest growing investment bank and participates in some of the biggest deals each year, it continues to grab hold of a tight-nit culture. Everyone at the firm is so willing to teach and make sure you learn. Everyone loves to have fun and truly enjoy working with each other. That's the kind of environment you want to be in.

amazing culture; I couldn't do banking anywhere else but Evercore after this summer
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

culture; how senior management actually cares about making sure the younger ones are getting a great experience

I wish my projects weren't so crazy so I could try out more groups and take on more modeling work

Culture is extremely important at Evercore so the recruiting team looks for candidates who are outgoing and friendly in addition to intelligent and hard working.

Advice to Management

Giving us more responsibility- allowing us to do more modeling work and analyst-level work towards the end. (However, I do understand that projects are time sensitive so interns might not always be able to take on more challenging work.)

The best internship in banking.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were how much I learned over the summer. I was staffed on live deals as well as pitches. Working on these projects increased my technical knowledge of finance, improved my excel and financial modeling skills, and provided me with a valuable skill set I can use across multiple firms or industries. If I didn't know something, my full-time coworkers were willing to take the time to explain the concept until I understood it. If I was busy with one project, people on other teams usually understood why I couldn't work on their project immediately.

My least favorite part was that after firm social events, you are still expected to finish your work that you would have been doing during the time of the event. I think this happens across most firms though.

When you talk to firms, pay attention to whether people seem content with their firm or they seem like they hate their lives. There are many differences I saw between Evercore and other firms. From a day to day basis though, I thought it was valuable to be at a shop where people enjoy being there.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if people could be up for promotion ahead of the set timetable. I get that almost every firm is very rigid and standardized that you spend 2-3 years as an analyst, 3.5 as an associate, 3 as a VP, etc. but if someone is ready to be promoted, I think they should have that opportunity.

Best place to spend a summer to experience investment banking and find out if it is a good fit for you
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, responsibilities, lean deal teams

Long work hours

Evercore has a superb culture to work in investment banking. The employees are extremely professional, smart, and hard working

Incredible learning experience combined with a fratty culture and strong team chemistry brought out through company events and activities
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

little power clash, no expected facetime, freedom, easy-going, hardworking managers, strong connected culture

occasional long hours, sometimes unclear communication

Consistently highly ranked firm with a boutique, friendly culture, a great learning experience, and a great start to a career.