Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Progam Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Of course I enjoyed work today, I'm at Evercore

There are so many incredibly aspects of working at Evercore. First and foremost is the opportunity to work on great deals with LEAN deal teams. As an intern, you have an opportunity to play a significant role on your projects. On multiple deals, I was the only analyst on the team. I would work directly with my VP and associates in supporting them. I was able to participate in some tremendous deals and really feel like I added value to the client. Furthermore, I can't say enough about how incredible the culture is at Evercore. Culture is one of those things that every bank says they have. Stock answer from anyone you talk to about culture is "Our culture is great, very fun and our structure is really flat." It's one thing to say that, but it's a completely different thing to get there and have it be even better than advertised. I was able to actually connect with the analysts, associates, and even VPs and Partners are more than just a work level. It was great to be able to talk with co workers on a personal level. I've got a couple of great representative stories that I feel really speak to the character of Evercore. First, on slow days during the summer it's an Evercore tradition to partake in some musical sporcle quizzes. While typically the quiz participants consist of interns having slow days and some analysts and a few VPs, one day a partner even stopped by where the interns sit and started answering a few questions. I was typing and all of a sudden I turned around to see this partner answering questions and I just laughed that I am able to work at such an incredible place. The second story I think really speaks to the quality of people that Evercore hires. I had worked for a partner all summer on one deal. He is one of the best in the firm and is incredibly busy. On my last day, I went into his office to thank him for the experience and the opportunity to work for him. We ended up having a 45 minute conversation about my life and his life. I don't think you get that opportunity many other places. It was an incredible experience and certainly one I won't soon forget.

I had too much fun at work some days. But seriously, not a single thing I didn't like about it. Incredibly overall experience

I truly enjoyed going into work every day. I would say the best advice is to choose where you think you would be happiest, and where the personalities of the people who work there best fit yours. Evercore was that fit for me, and I believe that truly Evercore has the best and most caring people in the business. Upper level employees actually care about the full person and are interested in your interests and career goals.

A Very Welcoming Place to Get Exposed to Investment Banking

Evercore has a very flat organizational structure. There was a culture of mentorship where interns were encouraged to ask questions to anyone, no matter the level of seniority.

Unfortunately, investment banking is a very time-intensive job with a certain amount of unpredictability. Evercore emphasizes a healthy work-life balance, but the nature of the industry still leads to a demanding work schedule.

If you are truly interested in pursuing a career in investment banking, Evercore is the perfect place to enter the industry and grow through its excellent culture.

Date: 2012

Great opportunity to work on major transactions and pitches, with a lot of meaningful contact with senior bankers

Opportunity to work on meaningful transactions and pitches, great culture and people, busy deal flow with lean deal teams

Firm is at an intermediate stage of growth where the generalist pool staffing model may no longer be ideal. Hours were very long because of heavy deal flow and lean staffing, but this definitely beats light deal flow.

Evercore is one of the best brand names among Wall Street deal professionals, and it has a lot of momentum going its way. However, I've noticed that many potential interns who aren't as familiar with Wall Street aren't aware of its reputation. Interns seeking a top ibanking position with a growing firm should give Evercore a very close look.

Date: 2012

Competitive, prestigious program that is one of the best kept secrets on Wall Street. Got work on landmark transactions with industry titans

- Ability to work on pure advisory mandates such as M&A as opposed to other less exciting products - Opportunity to work on the biggest transactions each year - Working closely with some of the biggest rainmakers on Wall Street - Ability to go to a firm which is growing at an increadible pace while the rest of the industry is declining - If you are a top performing summer analyst, having the ability to be the sole analyst on a deal by the end of your internship - Working with some of the smartest people under one roof - Collegial work environment where everyone strives to help each other - Phenomenal exit opportunities to private equity, hedge funds, business school and other roles - One of the highest, if not the highest, compensation plans on Wall Street

- 10 weeks can be a short time to really immerse yourself in the environment, but that's the norm on Wall Street

- Read articles about each of the bulge brackets as well as top boutiques like Evercore. What you'll notice is that all the big players are losing market share, while boutiques are gaining market share; with Evercore leading the pack - People: Make sure you get to know the people at Evercore, as it really is a collegial culture

Advice to Management

- Would be nice to do M&A and Restructuring at the same time, and stay generalist for the entire analyst stint

Date: 2012

Invaluable experience with amazing deal exposure

Great corporate culture and deal exposure with access to the top bankers on the street

Hours could get long but that's just the nature of the business

If you want to do investment banking, there is no better place to do it than Evercore

Date: 2012

Evercore provided an extremely valuable experience in a great work environment that really nurtures young members of the firm

The work is challenging and interesting, creating constant learning experiences; the people are friendly and approachable; the culture has a really strong sense of mentorship and community

The lifestyle and hours can be quite unpredictable- but that is expected in a banking internship

This is an amazing place to work; you will constantly face challenges that teach you to become better analysts (due to the lean deal teams and the amount of responsibility you are expected to take on); but you will always have people you can turn to (there are both official and unofficial mentors who are available and very willing to teach)

Room 37B Dominates Competition, Earns 100% Offer and Acceptance Rate

The people, plain and simple. I've never been around a group that is so talented, professional, and likable in my life.

I think the first week of training could have been a little more hands on.

This is an elite, professional, and well-run organization.

Date: 2012

My internship with Evercore was a great experience with work on live deals and interaction with senior employees.

The best aspect of the internship was the culture by far. I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone in the office, and everyone took my opinion seriously even as an intern.

We had a week of training out of a total of a ten week internship, and it taught me a lot. I would have still enjoyed more training, however.

Evercore is made up of the best and brightest people in the industry from the analyst to partner level. On top of that, they are also incredibly helpful and nice.

Date: 2012

Hands on experience and exposure to high level professionals

Actual modeling. Senior bankers knew who I was and wanted to help. Everybody wanted to teach

Not enough time to accumulate proprietary ownership of a deal

Be prepared to have a lot of responsibility handed your way

Amazing summer experience

Working in teams on interesting and challenging projects and being around colleagues who are both extremely smart and friendly

long hours at times but not unreasonable

Very collegial atmosphere, small teams/significant responsibilities, interesting assignments