Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Competitive, prestigious program that is one of the best kept secrets on Wall Street. Got work on landmark transactions with industry titans
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Ability to work on pure advisory mandates such as M&A as opposed to other less exciting products
- Opportunity to work on the biggest transactions each year
- Working closely with some of the biggest rainmakers on Wall Street
- Ability to go to a firm which is growing at an increadible pace while the rest of the industry is declining
- If you are a top performing summer analyst, having the ability to be the sole analyst on a deal by the end of your internship
- Working with some of the smartest people under one roof
- Collegial work environment where everyone strives to help each other
- Phenomenal exit opportunities to private equity, hedge funds, business school and other roles
- One of the highest, if not the highest, compensation plans on Wall Street

- 10 weeks can be a short time to really immerse yourself in the environment, but that's the norm on Wall Street

- Read articles about each of the bulge brackets as well as top boutiques like Evercore. What you'll notice is that all the big players are losing market share, while boutiques are gaining market share; with Evercore leading the pack
- People: Make sure you get to know the people at Evercore, as it really is a collegial culture

Advice to Management

- Would be nice to do M&A and Restructuring at the same time, and stay generalist for the entire analyst stint

Best of Both Worlds - Prestige & Culture at its Finest
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Summer analysts at Evercore are treated like full-time analysts. At the same time, no summer analyst is "thrown to the fire" - Evercore makes sure that the summers get enough training and mentoring to learn as much as possible, and to succeed. Evercore's culture is also great - there are many events throughout the summer so that summer analysts can meet Evercore professionals and get to know the firm. I walked away from my summer internship having learned a ton, and having developed real relationships with junior and senior bankers.

In my opinion, Evercore has one of the best internship programs on the Street. Any "cons" of the internship (i.e. long hours) would apply to the industry as a whole. If someone is interested in pursuing an internship in investment banking, there is no better place to do so than at Evercore!

A candidate should make sure to weigh both culture and prestige when choosing a potential internship, as well as the quality of his potential experience. Evercore has the best of both worlds - you will learn a lot, work with the best and brightest of the industry, and have a great time while doing so!

Advice to Management

The Evercore summer analyst program continues to improve each and every cycle - management and the recruiting team continue to work hard to ensure that each summer is better than the last.

An internship program that treats you like a second-year analyst on Day One.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The horizontal culture really showed me the entire deal process. The fact that I could go straight to a MD with questions without any hesitation speaks volumes about the firm's camaraderie and commitment to junior development.

Very hard to say- the internship was phenomenal in all regards.

Leverage fourth-year contacts that have interned, and most likely accepted a job offer, at the firm to understand the nuances of the firm and what differentiates the bank in a highly homogeneous investment banking industry.

The Evercore Experience: Work Hard, Play Harder. The best summer internship ever!

Culture
Mentors
Firm-wide events

The hours can be tough at times, but that's the life of a banker

Fantastic work culture
Everyone is so willingly to teach and help
The interns are all very close with each other and with the full-time employees
There are a ton of firm-wide functions such as a softball tournament, bowling, country club event, etc. No other firm has such regular, fun, inclusive events!
You get real analyst work and real responsibilities, allowing you to learn more than you expect.

No one will ever have this much fun working 100 hours a week
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were by far the best aspect of the internship. Evercore has a robust corporate culture that is inclusive while still elite in its single-minded focus on rigorous analysis and superb client service. In addition to its superb personalized training for investment banking summer analysts, Human Resources also made sure to throw weekly events for us, and we all had a great time playing golf, softball, or just grabbing drinks with one another. Evercore also had an endless supply of Snapple a free bagels in the morning - little things to be sure, but important ones.

Anything negative about the experience was endemic to investment banking and not idiosyncratic to Evercore. I personally didn't mind the long hours and the massive amount of research, Excel and Powerpoint that we did, but I can see how some people might. To you I would say: banking is not for you.

Evercore is the best bank on the street. Period. Over the last three years, every single analyst who has received an offer has accepted it - I don't know of any other institution, forget about even investment banks, that can boast a 100% return rate. At the end of the day, everyone can talk your ear off about how great their firm is, but this is the only statistic that matters. It's not an opinion, it's a number, and our number is perfect.

The culture really sets Evercore apart
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on a mix of live deals and pitches. Senior bankers took an active interest in the summers and the focus was on providing a realistic experience.

Not being able to work with industries of preference.

My thought half-way through the summer was "they did not lie to me during the recruiting process." Great work with a great group of people. I had a much better experience overall than most of my peers at other banks.

Advice to Management

More formal training at the start would be great. A few days with TTS could really get things started in a helpful way.

Evercore provided an extremely valuable experience in a great work environment that really nurtures young members of the firm
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work is challenging and interesting, creating constant learning experiences; the people are friendly and approachable; the culture has a really strong sense of mentorship and community

The lifestyle and hours can be quite unpredictable- but that is expected in a banking internship

This is an amazing place to work; you will constantly face challenges that teach you to become better analysts (due to the lean deal teams and the amount of responsibility you are expected to take on); but you will always have people you can turn to (there are both official and unofficial mentors who are available and very willing to teach)

The best firm to do the difficult job that is investment banking.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the quality of projects I worked on and the people I worked with. When working with senior bankers who are some of the most experienced and accomplished professionals in their field, I had the ability to meet with them regularly and learn from them. Most of my superiors were excellent teachers who were enjoyable to work with, which is not always at other firms in this industry.

The most difficult part was working long hours and managing multiple projects with hard deadlines. These drawbacks exist for anyone working in investment banking though, and relative to my peers at other firms, my hours were on average better and team members were more understanding of your need to work on multiple projects at once.

The most successful people in this industry have all had great teachers that helped them learn this business. Having an apprenticeship model as Evercore does, where you learn directly from some of the most successful bankers out there is a tremendously different experience than being another cog in the wheel that senior people don't even know. It is also a tremendous opportunity to work with these bankers on some of the largest and most prestigious M&A transactions in the world.

Advice to Management

It's hard to say what could be done better since the culture is great, training is strong, compensation is high, and there is very little employee turnover which indicates how happy people are with the firm.

Fullfilling
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the deal flow, exposure to senior bankers

the hours - but this is banking...

It's a place for people who are not afraid of being challenged, getting very senior bankers exposure.

Room 37B Dominates Competition, Earns 100% Offer and Acceptance Rate
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, plain and simple. I've never been around a group that is so talented, professional, and likable in my life.

I think the first week of training could have been a little more hands on.

This is an elite, professional, and well-run organization.