4.7 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 105 Intern Reviews)

The best finance experience you can get as a junior in college.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior leadership, career development, working on complex financial models, working with extremely smart superiors and peers, team building activities, having a great summer analyst class, gaining client exposure.

The hours are long

Many extremely smart and talented people, lean deal teams, strong exposure to clients, ability to learn complex financial modeling, highly selective summer applicant process (maintain high GPA, having a previous internship and strong extracurriculars helps). People here are passionate about finance.

Advice to Management

Start promoting the top analysts to associate after two years.

Challenged yet supported by smart nice people
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with some of the most successful people on the street who want to teach you about how to succeed.

A generalist pool means you work with a lot of different topics

Need to be comfortable working with very senior people right away. They will ask your opinions so be ready to be more than just a workhorse.

The best experience possible in an investment banking analyst internship
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with as well as the effort that was put into making it a good experience for us.

Not always being given the first choice in projects.

Be eager and try to learn as much as possible over the summer.

Evercore internship program offers high analyst responsibility and meaningful work, senior exposure and a great work life balance
Toronto | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- better hours and culture

- friendly and helpful employees

Back office at Evercore is only in New York, therefore any printing and binding would have to be done by the bankers in the regional offices

This is the best internship program that is currently offered by any investment bank.

The best internship in banking.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were how much I learned over the summer. I was staffed on live deals as well as pitches. Working on these projects increased my technical knowledge of finance, improved my excel and financial modeling skills, and provided me with a valuable skill set I can use across multiple firms or industries. If I didn't know something, my full-time coworkers were willing to take the time to explain the concept until I understood it. If I was busy with one project, people on other teams usually understood why I couldn't work on their project immediately.

My least favorite part was that after firm social events, you are still expected to finish your work that you would have been doing during the time of the event. I think this happens across most firms though.

When you talk to firms, pay attention to whether people seem content with their firm or they seem like they hate their lives. There are many differences I saw between Evercore and other firms. From a day to day basis though, I thought it was valuable to be at a shop where people enjoy being there.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if people could be up for promotion ahead of the set timetable. I get that almost every firm is very rigid and standardized that you spend 2-3 years as an analyst, 3.5 as an associate, 3 as a VP, etc. but if someone is ready to be promoted, I think they should have that opportunity.

paid learning and fun
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

mentorship, bonding with fellow interns, working on live deals, having teams that recognized your limited time during the summer and encouraging you to go to firm events (of which there were many) even when they still had to work

long hours, but still shorter than other at other investment banks

others in your class are collaborative instead of competitive; everyone is so fantastic and down to earth that you enjoy coming to work every day, even when you have to stay until 2 or 3 am

Advice to Management

firm is growing at such a speed that some of the intimacy of a smaller bank and knowing everyone is lost

Could not have worked for a more respected and culture-oriented firm
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and deal flow

Few late nights but that's the nature of the job

If you want to do investment banking, there's no better place to do it than Evercore

Best banking experience I could have asked for

- People

- Work-life balance

- Hours were bad on certain days

- Work hard and learn a lot

Great experience with fantastic people.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was staffed on several live deals and learned a great deal about the industry.

The unpredictability of the job.

Fantastic experience with great people that want you to succeed and learn.

Incredible learning experience combined with a fratty culture and strong team chemistry brought out through company events and activities
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

little power clash, no expected facetime, freedom, easy-going, hardworking managers, strong connected culture

occasional long hours, sometimes unclear communication

Consistently highly ranked firm with a boutique, friendly culture, a great learning experience, and a great start to a career.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)