4.7 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 105 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Evercore internship program offers high analyst responsibility and meaningful work, senior exposure and a great work life balance
Toronto | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- better hours and culture

- friendly and helpful employees

Back office at Evercore is only in New York, therefore any printing and binding would have to be done by the bankers in the regional offices

This is the best internship program that is currently offered by any investment bank.

The best finance experience you can get as a junior in college.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior leadership, career development, working on complex financial models, working with extremely smart superiors and peers, team building activities, having a great summer analyst class, gaining client exposure.

The hours are long

Many extremely smart and talented people, lean deal teams, strong exposure to clients, ability to learn complex financial modeling, highly selective summer applicant process (maintain high GPA, having a previous internship and strong extracurriculars helps). People here are passionate about finance.

Advice to Management

Start promoting the top analysts to associate after two years.

A breath of fresh air when it comes to banking; mentoring culture shows senior employees truly care about junior bankers
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, culture, quality of work, compensation

Hours are long, but that is expected in investment banking. Easier to work long hours when surrounded by fantastic people.

Every at Evercore is extremely talented, yet also humble and laidback. The firm cares about culture as much as they do about intellectual ability. Make sure you are qualified in both areas.

Advice to Management

Banking is banking, but Evercore is the best place to do it.

Could not have worked for a more respected and culture-oriented firm
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and deal flow

Few late nights but that's the nature of the job

If you want to do investment banking, there's no better place to do it than Evercore

amazing culture; I couldn't do banking anywhere else but Evercore after this summer
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

culture; how senior management actually cares about making sure the younger ones are getting a great experience

I wish my projects weren't so crazy so I could try out more groups and take on more modeling work

Culture is extremely important at Evercore so the recruiting team looks for candidates who are outgoing and friendly in addition to intelligent and hard working.

Advice to Management

Giving us more responsibility- allowing us to do more modeling work and analyst-level work towards the end. (However, I do understand that projects are time sensitive so interns might not always be able to take on more challenging work.)

The best internship in banking.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were how much I learned over the summer. I was staffed on live deals as well as pitches. Working on these projects increased my technical knowledge of finance, improved my excel and financial modeling skills, and provided me with a valuable skill set I can use across multiple firms or industries. If I didn't know something, my full-time coworkers were willing to take the time to explain the concept until I understood it. If I was busy with one project, people on other teams usually understood why I couldn't work on their project immediately.

My least favorite part was that after firm social events, you are still expected to finish your work that you would have been doing during the time of the event. I think this happens across most firms though.

When you talk to firms, pay attention to whether people seem content with their firm or they seem like they hate their lives. There are many differences I saw between Evercore and other firms. From a day to day basis though, I thought it was valuable to be at a shop where people enjoy being there.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if people could be up for promotion ahead of the set timetable. I get that almost every firm is very rigid and standardized that you spend 2-3 years as an analyst, 3.5 as an associate, 3 as a VP, etc. but if someone is ready to be promoted, I think they should have that opportunity.

Evercore investment banking summer camp - mingle and model
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know so many people at the firm, forming close bonds with all of the other summer analysts, learning from all the patient mentors, getting to work on real deals and get good deal experience, and going on all the awesome firm-wide events

Unpredictability of the hours

Not only is Evercore one of the fastest growing investment bank and participates in some of the biggest deals each year, it continues to grab hold of a tight-nit culture. Everyone at the firm is so willing to teach and make sure you learn. Everyone loves to have fun and truly enjoy working with each other. That's the kind of environment you want to be in.

The best experience possible in an investment banking analyst internship
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with as well as the effort that was put into making it a good experience for us.

Not always being given the first choice in projects.

Be eager and try to learn as much as possible over the summer.

Intern or Associate?
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the high responsbility interns are given.

They were too easy on the interns. Let us go very early and attend all company events even if our team was still working.

Evercore is a very special place. Its success lies in the high quality employees you get. Part of the job is not only doing great work but working well with your teams. If you would prefer to be solitary, Evercore may not be the best place for you. The amount you learn and experience you receive is phenomenal. Evercore has smaller deal teams so you are integral to the work, but they stilll work on huge deals.

Great mentors, hands-on experience, lots of responsibility