Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #8 Best Overall Internships

A breath of fresh air when it comes to banking; mentoring culture shows senior employees truly care about junior bankers
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, culture, quality of work, compensation

Hours are long, but that is expected in investment banking. Easier to work long hours when surrounded by fantastic people.

Every at Evercore is extremely talented, yet also humble and laidback. The firm cares about culture as much as they do about intellectual ability. Make sure you are qualified in both areas.

Advice to Management

Banking is banking, but Evercore is the best place to do it.

Could not have worked for a more respected and culture-oriented firm
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and deal flow

Few late nights but that's the nature of the job

If you want to do investment banking, there's no better place to do it than Evercore

A Foundation Built for Success
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship included the genuine respect that was given by every employee at the firm. I also was provided a great work/life balance and was given valuable work that contributed to the success of projects.

I really did not have anything that made me think negatively about the internship. Going into it, I already knew there would be variability in the workflow and hours, but even that turned out better than I expected.

Take the time to get to know as many people as possible while you are there and take advantage of all the resources that are available to you.

I found this review helpful (2 others have found this review helpful)

Best banking experience I could have asked for

- People

- Work-life balance

- Hours were bad on certain days

- Work hard and learn a lot

amazing culture; I couldn't do banking anywhere else but Evercore after this summer
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

culture; how senior management actually cares about making sure the younger ones are getting a great experience

I wish my projects weren't so crazy so I could try out more groups and take on more modeling work

Culture is extremely important at Evercore so the recruiting team looks for candidates who are outgoing and friendly in addition to intelligent and hard working.

Advice to Management

Giving us more responsibility- allowing us to do more modeling work and analyst-level work towards the end. (However, I do understand that projects are time sensitive so interns might not always be able to take on more challenging work.)

A challenging environment that fosters the development of financial knowledge

challenging

well compensated

access to superiors

long hours

difficult work

Given the small size of the firm, candidates who excelled also took the initiative to seek out work during the summer.

The best experience possible in an investment banking analyst internship
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with as well as the effort that was put into making it a good experience for us.

Not always being given the first choice in projects.

Be eager and try to learn as much as possible over the summer.

paid learning and fun
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

mentorship, bonding with fellow interns, working on live deals, having teams that recognized your limited time during the summer and encouraging you to go to firm events (of which there were many) even when they still had to work

long hours, but still shorter than other at other investment banks

others in your class are collaborative instead of competitive; everyone is so fantastic and down to earth that you enjoy coming to work every day, even when you have to stay until 2 or 3 am

Advice to Management

firm is growing at such a speed that some of the intimacy of a smaller bank and knowing everyone is lost

Intern or Associate?
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the high responsbility interns are given.

They were too easy on the interns. Let us go very early and attend all company events even if our team was still working.

Evercore is a very special place. Its success lies in the high quality employees you get. Part of the job is not only doing great work but working well with your teams. If you would prefer to be solitary, Evercore may not be the best place for you. The amount you learn and experience you receive is phenomenal. Evercore has smaller deal teams so you are integral to the work, but they stilll work on huge deals.

Incredible learning experience combined with a fratty culture and strong team chemistry brought out through company events and activities
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

little power clash, no expected facetime, freedom, easy-going, hardworking managers, strong connected culture

occasional long hours, sometimes unclear communication

Consistently highly ranked firm with a boutique, friendly culture, a great learning experience, and a great start to a career.