Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program? Submit a Review

The best finance experience you can get as a junior in college.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior leadership, career development, working on complex financial models, working with extremely smart superiors and peers, team building activities, having a great summer analyst class, gaining client exposure.

The hours are long

Many extremely smart and talented people, lean deal teams, strong exposure to clients, ability to learn complex financial modeling, highly selective summer applicant process (maintain high GPA, having a previous internship and strong extracurriculars helps). People here are passionate about finance.

Advice to Management

Start promoting the top analysts to associate after two years.

Best banking experience I could have asked for

- People

- Work-life balance

- Hours were bad on certain days

- Work hard and learn a lot

Wonderful summer

Collegiality

Unpredictable hours

Great place to work.

Life at the highest pitch of intensity: The Evercore Experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with some of the smartest people I have ever met in an extremely friendly and intense manner.

Nothing - I enjoyed every minute of my time at Evercore.

You learn more at Evercore because more is expected of you - we hire the best analyst class on Wall Street and every single of our hires loves their time here. There's a reason we have the highest retention rate among all of our peers.

A challenging environment that fosters the development of financial knowledge

challenging

well compensated

access to superiors

long hours

difficult work

Given the small size of the firm, candidates who excelled also took the initiative to seek out work during the summer.

I felt as though the firm did its best to make sure that I got what I wanted out of my summer experience and treated me well.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The largest pro for me was that I was a generalist for the summer and had the opportunity to work with many different groups. Now I have a better idea of how each group operates and can request to work with the groups that fit me best when I return. The firm also did a great job on making sure that you were busy, but not too busy and if you were beginning to feel overwhelmed it was ok to turn down additional projects. Another highlight of the summer for me were the social events, which were frequent and allowed for close interactions with Partners.

I don't have any cons about the internship. The other interns and I were continually asked if we had any feedback regarding the internship program, and what small feedback we had the firm was quick to fix/implement (this is a big bonus of working at a firm with a smaller internship class).

Overall I had a great internship experience at Evercore. Two things that I think were great about the firm were 1) the firm is continuing to grow whereas some of the larger banks are contracting and 2) the firm has a spot for every intern that it brings in so there is no competition between the interns and the stress level regarding receiving an offer is greatly reduced.

The best people, the best experience, the happiest summer analysts

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lots of interaction with senior bankers. Very close intern class, everyone works very well together. Opportunity to take on real work and contribute from the first day.

Still investment banking at the end of the day, hours can be long.

The quality of people you work with are the best you will find. No jerks, everyone is talented.

Evercore internship program offers high analyst responsibility and meaningful work, senior exposure and a great work life balance

Toronto | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

- better hours and culture

- friendly and helpful employees

Back office at Evercore is only in New York, therefore any printing and binding would have to be done by the bankers in the regional offices

This is the best internship program that is currently offered by any investment bank.

A breath of fresh air when it comes to banking; mentoring culture shows senior employees truly care about junior bankers

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, culture, quality of work, compensation

Hours are long, but that is expected in investment banking. Easier to work long hours when surrounded by fantastic people.

Every at Evercore is extremely talented, yet also humble and laidback. The firm cares about culture as much as they do about intellectual ability. Make sure you are qualified in both areas.

Advice to Management

Banking is banking, but Evercore is the best place to do it.

Evercore investment banking summer camp - mingle and model

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know so many people at the firm, forming close bonds with all of the other summer analysts, learning from all the patient mentors, getting to work on real deals and get good deal experience, and going on all the awesome firm-wide events

Unpredictability of the hours

Not only is Evercore one of the fastest growing investment bank and participates in some of the biggest deals each year, it continues to grab hold of a tight-nit culture. Everyone at the firm is so willing to teach and make sure you learn. Everyone loves to have fun and truly enjoy working with each other. That's the kind of environment you want to be in.