Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program? Submit a Review

Best experience on Wall Street, working with the smartest people, and the biggest deals while learning a lot and making more than your peers

- Senior level attention

- Scope of deals

- High profile deals

- Amount of responsibility given

- Too short to get a real feel of banking, but enough that you know what you are getting into

Evercore is the best kept secret on Wall Street, the yield is incredibly high and the people are great to work with. Make sure you come off as humble as they won't hire people with bad personalities

Advice to Management

Continue to pay high with the other high paying firms

The best people, the best experience, the happiest summer analysts

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lots of interaction with senior bankers. Very close intern class, everyone works very well together. Opportunity to take on real work and contribute from the first day.

Still investment banking at the end of the day, hours can be long.

The quality of people you work with are the best you will find. No jerks, everyone is talented.

The best finance experience you can get as a junior in college.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior leadership, career development, working on complex financial models, working with extremely smart superiors and peers, team building activities, having a great summer analyst class, gaining client exposure.

The hours are long

Many extremely smart and talented people, lean deal teams, strong exposure to clients, ability to learn complex financial modeling, highly selective summer applicant process (maintain high GPA, having a previous internship and strong extracurriculars helps). People here are passionate about finance.

Advice to Management

Start promoting the top analysts to associate after two years.

A breath of fresh air when it comes to banking; mentoring culture shows senior employees truly care about junior bankers

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, culture, quality of work, compensation

Hours are long, but that is expected in investment banking. Easier to work long hours when surrounded by fantastic people.

Every at Evercore is extremely talented, yet also humble and laidback. The firm cares about culture as much as they do about intellectual ability. Make sure you are qualified in both areas.

Advice to Management

Banking is banking, but Evercore is the best place to do it.

Top quality investment banking with great people

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people, broad exposure to all levels of the organization, generalist program

Long hours and unpredictable schedules, but that is the norm of the industry

Evercore is a great firm with excellent, high-caliber employees. As an apprenticeship model, Evercore is the perfect place to learn and harbors a culture of asking questions

amazing culture; I couldn't do banking anywhere else but Evercore after this summer

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

culture; how senior management actually cares about making sure the younger ones are getting a great experience

I wish my projects weren't so crazy so I could try out more groups and take on more modeling work

Culture is extremely important at Evercore so the recruiting team looks for candidates who are outgoing and friendly in addition to intelligent and hard working.

Advice to Management

Giving us more responsibility- allowing us to do more modeling work and analyst-level work towards the end. (However, I do understand that projects are time sensitive so interns might not always be able to take on more challenging work.)

paid learning and fun

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

mentorship, bonding with fellow interns, working on live deals, having teams that recognized your limited time during the summer and encouraging you to go to firm events (of which there were many) even when they still had to work

long hours, but still shorter than other at other investment banks

others in your class are collaborative instead of competitive; everyone is so fantastic and down to earth that you enjoy coming to work every day, even when you have to stay until 2 or 3 am

Advice to Management

firm is growing at such a speed that some of the intimacy of a smaller bank and knowing everyone is lost

Life at the highest pitch of intensity: The Evercore Experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with some of the smartest people I have ever met in an extremely friendly and intense manner.

Nothing - I enjoyed every minute of my time at Evercore.

You learn more at Evercore because more is expected of you - we hire the best analyst class on Wall Street and every single of our hires loves their time here. There's a reason we have the highest retention rate among all of our peers.

Wonderful summer

Collegiality

Unpredictable hours

Great place to work.

I felt as though the firm did its best to make sure that I got what I wanted out of my summer experience and treated me well.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The largest pro for me was that I was a generalist for the summer and had the opportunity to work with many different groups. Now I have a better idea of how each group operates and can request to work with the groups that fit me best when I return. The firm also did a great job on making sure that you were busy, but not too busy and if you were beginning to feel overwhelmed it was ok to turn down additional projects. Another highlight of the summer for me were the social events, which were frequent and allowed for close interactions with Partners.

I don't have any cons about the internship. The other interns and I were continually asked if we had any feedback regarding the internship program, and what small feedback we had the firm was quick to fix/implement (this is a big bonus of working at a firm with a smaller internship class).

Overall I had a great internship experience at Evercore. Two things that I think were great about the firm were 1) the firm is continuing to grow whereas some of the larger banks are contracting and 2) the firm has a spot for every intern that it brings in so there is no competition between the interns and the stress level regarding receiving an offer is greatly reduced.