Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program? Submit a Review

A challenging adventure develops motivated individuals.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flat work structure provides efficiency in projects and unparalleled learning opportunities. Talented and driven individuals who are willing to teach. High responsibility given to interns early on. Exposure to senior management. Unparalleled outside of the office activities.

At times very long hours but this is expected.

Be genuinely interested in the work your doing. These are exciting times to be working in finance. Every day should be exciting in its own way, especially if you love and respect the people you work with.

Advice to Management

Overall excellent structure across all categories. Hours are sometimes arduous but this is expected and is being addressed through the institution of protected weekends.

NA

Challenging, engaging and developmental experience.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned a lot about what it is actually like to be an Associate at an investment bank, which was exactly my hope for my summer internship. I felt like I was learning on a daily basis and was challenged to think beyond the numbers. I was given a lot of responsibility.

Investment banking is a challenging lifestyle with a lot of unpredictability.

Evercore is a great place if you want to work on lean deal teams. You will receive a comprehensive experience that allows you to learn about every aspect of the projects you are working on.

Lots of Work but Always Fun to be There

Menlo Park, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the interesting projects, the opportunities to prove yourself

The busywork project

Take a good look at if you are interested in working long hours and make you understand what makes this job interesting more so than a lot of money.

Advice to Management

Try and allow us a weekend off every now and then.

I had a great experience, learned a lot, and really like the people.

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were great and I learned a lot.

At points the hours are tough.

It's a great place to work and I would strongly recommend applying.

Advice to Management

For the most part I had a great experience and wouldn't change much.

They asked questions about back of the envelope accretion/dilution calculations.

The best of the best

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, training, quality of work, impactful work

Nothing. I really enjoyed my time and signed my offer immediately.

Come in very prepared. Quality of interns around you is very high.

Advice to Management

It's perfect really.

Highly technical interview process.

Best place to do banking

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, deal flow, mentorship, learning opportunities, having legitimate responsibilities

typical things associated with banking- unpredictable hours

The best part about this firm is the people. I genuinely like the people I work with and actually hang out with them outside of work. It's a environment to be in, and it's fun learning from such smart, yet approachable, down-to-earth type people

No better place to start a career in Investment Banking

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Firm culture was absolutely amazing - no face time and no senseless work. Junior employees (interns, analysts and associates) were all VERY willing to help cover each other's work when stuff comes up. There's just a huge collaborative atmosphere at work so over the summer, I was never worried about 'competing' with other interns and I definitely see how this culture really flows through the entire firm.

Deal flow and deal experience was also amazing this summer. Even as an intern, I got to work on a whole host of amazing projects. The firm trusted me enough to give me real work to do on these projects too so I actually felt like I was contributing.

Training program was done in-house by analysts and associates at the firm, instead of farming it out to agencies like Wall Street Training. This means that the training was incredibly personal, very tailored to specific needs and far more in-depth and effective. I learned a lot from the entire program.

We only found out about whether we were getting a return offer on the last day of work, AFTER the end-of-internship celebration dinner (which was the second last day of work) so it made it a little hard to enjoy the celebration since we didn't know if we were actually getting a return offer yet.

There's no doubt in my mind that Evercore is the perfect place to get your feet wet in Investment Banking. The firm is well-respected and you'll get to work on the same big name clients and projects that Bulge Brackets work on, but at the same time the firm culture is infinitely better and you don't feel like just a cog. I can't stress culture enough - if you're going to be working the hours you do in Banking, you'll definitely appreciate the very relaxed, open and collaborative culture at Evercore. Plus, Evercore has historically given out return offers to every single intern so there's no need to 'compete' with fellow interns.

Sophisticated financial education with a great culture

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Complex transactions, interactions with senior bankers, quality work

none that were apparent

It is valuable to work at a firm, such as Evercore, that truly appreciates human capital. Evercore works on extremely complex transactions and allows junior bankers he opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way.

Lots of responsibility, supportive coworkers

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- amount of responsibility given to interns

- supportive nature of coworkers

- senior bankers were dedicated to the furthering of the summer analysts' learning

- Did not like the separation between summer analysts based on the product group

Culture is very important when choosing between investment banking firms and Evercore has one of the best cultures on the Street.

awesome

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people; interesting work; good pay

Unpredictable hours

Good attitude; good technical skills

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.