Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program? Submit a Review

Interaction with clients and senior bankers is the norm. Work with some of the smartest students from the best universities.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Evercore has a strong focus on culture and hires students who work extremely hard, are as intelligent as it gets, but aren't Excel robots

I had a great time - I wish the summer were even longer!

Meet as many people as you can, and work across as many industries as possible during the summer. If you want to work with someone or in a specific space, be proactive about telling your staffer - he/she will try their best to make it happen.

Top quality investment banking with great people

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people, broad exposure to all levels of the organization, generalist program

Long hours and unpredictable schedules, but that is the norm of the industry

Evercore is a great firm with excellent, high-caliber employees. As an apprenticeship model, Evercore is the perfect place to learn and harbors a culture of asking questions

Best banking experience I could have asked for

- People

- Work-life balance

- Hours were bad on certain days

- Work hard and learn a lot

Wonderful summer

Collegiality

Unpredictable hours

Great place to work.

I felt as though the firm did its best to make sure that I got what I wanted out of my summer experience and treated me well.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The largest pro for me was that I was a generalist for the summer and had the opportunity to work with many different groups. Now I have a better idea of how each group operates and can request to work with the groups that fit me best when I return. The firm also did a great job on making sure that you were busy, but not too busy and if you were beginning to feel overwhelmed it was ok to turn down additional projects. Another highlight of the summer for me were the social events, which were frequent and allowed for close interactions with Partners.

I don't have any cons about the internship. The other interns and I were continually asked if we had any feedback regarding the internship program, and what small feedback we had the firm was quick to fix/implement (this is a big bonus of working at a firm with a smaller internship class).

Overall I had a great internship experience at Evercore. Two things that I think were great about the firm were 1) the firm is continuing to grow whereas some of the larger banks are contracting and 2) the firm has a spot for every intern that it brings in so there is no competition between the interns and the stress level regarding receiving an offer is greatly reduced.

The best internship in banking.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were how much I learned over the summer. I was staffed on live deals as well as pitches. Working on these projects increased my technical knowledge of finance, improved my excel and financial modeling skills, and provided me with a valuable skill set I can use across multiple firms or industries. If I didn't know something, my full-time coworkers were willing to take the time to explain the concept until I understood it. If I was busy with one project, people on other teams usually understood why I couldn't work on their project immediately.

My least favorite part was that after firm social events, you are still expected to finish your work that you would have been doing during the time of the event. I think this happens across most firms though.

When you talk to firms, pay attention to whether people seem content with their firm or they seem like they hate their lives. There are many differences I saw between Evercore and other firms. From a day to day basis though, I thought it was valuable to be at a shop where people enjoy being there.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if people could be up for promotion ahead of the set timetable. I get that almost every firm is very rigid and standardized that you spend 2-3 years as an analyst, 3.5 as an associate, 3 as a VP, etc. but if someone is ready to be promoted, I think they should have that opportunity.

A Foundation Built for Success

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship included the genuine respect that was given by every employee at the firm. I also was provided a great work/life balance and was given valuable work that contributed to the success of projects.

I really did not have anything that made me think negatively about the internship. Going into it, I already knew there would be variability in the workflow and hours, but even that turned out better than I expected.

Take the time to get to know as many people as possible while you are there and take advantage of all the resources that are available to you.

Life at the highest pitch of intensity: The Evercore Experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with some of the smartest people I have ever met in an extremely friendly and intense manner.

Nothing - I enjoyed every minute of my time at Evercore.

You learn more at Evercore because more is expected of you - we hire the best analyst class on Wall Street and every single of our hires loves their time here. There's a reason we have the highest retention rate among all of our peers.

Challenged yet supported by smart nice people

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with some of the most successful people on the street who want to teach you about how to succeed.

A generalist pool means you work with a lot of different topics

Need to be comfortable working with very senior people right away. They will ask your opinions so be ready to be more than just a workhorse.

Best experience on Wall Street, working with the smartest people, and the biggest deals while learning a lot and making more than your peers

- Senior level attention

- Scope of deals

- High profile deals

- Amount of responsibility given

- Too short to get a real feel of banking, but enough that you know what you are getting into

Evercore is the best kept secret on Wall Street, the yield is incredibly high and the people are great to work with. Make sure you come off as humble as they won't hire people with bad personalities

Advice to Management

Continue to pay high with the other high paying firms