Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Progam Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2012

Invaluable experience with amazing deal exposure

Great corporate culture and deal exposure with access to the top bankers on the street

Hours could get long but that's just the nature of the business

If you want to do investment banking, there is no better place to do it than Evercore

Date: 2012

Realistic view of what investment banking is really like, great opportunities to contribute to the team, great culture

thoughtfulness of folks running the program in making it a rewarding/interesting/challenging experience (e.g., intentionally small summer class, dedicated summer staffer, assigned senior mentors (MDs) and associate "buddy")

Unpredictability of the hours, although I think this is general to the industry, not specific to the firm

Talk to as many people in the firm as you can to understand the culture, why they chose the firm, what's keeping them there, what they like best/least, how they value people

Date: 2012

Gem of investment banking. Great experience and excellent working culture.

Learning financial modeling

Unpredictable hours

If you're going to go into the industry, know what you're getting yourself into. Within the industry, I would highly recommend Evercore because you get a real experience as you're given serious responsibilities and will learn from the best.

Date: 2012

Incredible Internship Experience: Lot of exposure to senior management, increased responsibility, outstanding corporate culture

Working at a smaller investment bank definitely had its advantages. I was able to work on a live, multibillion dollar deal during the summer. I was given essentially given the responsibilities of a full-time analyst. I was the one working in the financial model and I was the one who created presentations that were eventually placed in front of clients. The senior personnel at Evercore were also outstanding. Everyone was very eager to provide help and guidance throughout the summer. The culture of the firm is also incredible. Evercore really prides itself on culture, and that became very evident after spending a summer there. My social life during the summer revolved around people I was working with and really added to the overall experience.

I really don't have anything negative to say about the experience. Yes, the hours were long, but that is expected when working in investment banking. However, when you are surrounded with such fantastic people, the hours become much more enjoyable.

Candidates should have an extremely sound technical background, yet also need to fit within the culture of the firm. Evercore likes to hire people who are incredibly smart, yet down to earth.

Advice to Management

After several internship experiences, Evercore was by far my favorite place to work. The compensation is above the Street and there are additional benefits of working at a smaller investment bank.

Date: 2012

Awesome experience, couldn't have asked for more

People I worked with, exposure to projects and industries

Maybe the hours - but it's really not bad at all

Definitely accept the offer!

Date: 2012

A great learning experience, both professionally and personally

The internship was a great learning experience, while enjoying the company of extremely smart individuals working on meaningful transactions

The ability to not fully control your schedule, but thats more against investment banking, as opposed to against Evercore. My teams were very understanding of commitments I had that were reasonable.

I would very highly consider culture at a firm before you consider joining it. It is important to join a firm that has a great reputation, but definitely do not discount the quality of the people and the culture at the firm

Advice to Management

I think we need a little more structured training program, but our program has made significant progress in the past few years.

Date: 2012

Great opportunity to work on major transactions and pitches, with a lot of meaningful contact with senior bankers

Opportunity to work on meaningful transactions and pitches, great culture and people, busy deal flow with lean deal teams

Firm is at an intermediate stage of growth where the generalist pool staffing model may no longer be ideal. Hours were very long because of heavy deal flow and lean staffing, but this definitely beats light deal flow.

Evercore is one of the best brand names among Wall Street deal professionals, and it has a lot of momentum going its way. However, I've noticed that many potential interns who aren't as familiar with Wall Street aren't aware of its reputation. Interns seeking a top ibanking position with a growing firm should give Evercore a very close look.

Date: 2012

An internship program designed to make you want to come back

Incredibly intelligent peers/mentors, personal interaction with leaders in the industry, responsibility for high-profile deals, and a corporate culture that you cannot find anywhere else on Wall Street

Probably just the hours, but that comes with the territory

You will be doing the same work at all elite investment banking firms, so choose your employer based on the full experience that it will provide. Further, a firm's culture can make or break your investment banking experience. Evercore is known for having a great culture across the entire hierarchy

No one will ever have this much fun working 100 hours a week

The people were by far the best aspect of the internship. Evercore has a robust corporate culture that is inclusive while still elite in its single-minded focus on rigorous analysis and superb client service. In addition to its superb personalized training for investment banking summer analysts, Human Resources also made sure to throw weekly events for us, and we all had a great time playing golf, softball, or just grabbing drinks with one another. Evercore also had an endless supply of Snapple a free bagels in the morning - little things to be sure, but important ones.

Anything negative about the experience was endemic to investment banking and not idiosyncratic to Evercore. I personally didn't mind the long hours and the massive amount of research, Excel and Powerpoint that we did, but I can see how some people might. To you I would say: banking is not for you.

Evercore is the best bank on the street. Period. Over the last three years, every single analyst who has received an offer has accepted it - I don't know of any other institution, forget about even investment banks, that can boast a 100% return rate. At the end of the day, everyone can talk your ear off about how great their firm is, but this is the only statistic that matters. It's not an opinion, it's a number, and our number is perfect.

A Very Welcoming Place to Get Exposed to Investment Banking

Evercore has a very flat organizational structure. There was a culture of mentorship where interns were encouraged to ask questions to anyone, no matter the level of seniority.

Unfortunately, investment banking is a very time-intensive job with a certain amount of unpredictability. Evercore emphasizes a healthy work-life balance, but the nature of the industry still leads to a demanding work schedule.

If you are truly interested in pursuing a career in investment banking, Evercore is the perfect place to enter the industry and grow through its excellent culture.