Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #8 Best Overall Internships

4.7 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 105 Intern Reviews)

Fantastic summer at a company that truly cares about its summers, great learning experience
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with incredibly smart, friendly and hardworking individuals who cared about my own personal learning and development

Of course you will have to work long hours, but this is standard across banking

Truly a great culture, you will have a lot of fun and learn a lot!

A Foundation Built for Success
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship included the genuine respect that was given by every employee at the firm. I also was provided a great work/life balance and was given valuable work that contributed to the success of projects.

I really did not have anything that made me think negatively about the internship. Going into it, I already knew there would be variability in the workflow and hours, but even that turned out better than I expected.

Take the time to get to know as many people as possible while you are there and take advantage of all the resources that are available to you.

I found this review helpful (2 others have found this review helpful)

paid learning and fun
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

mentorship, bonding with fellow interns, working on live deals, having teams that recognized your limited time during the summer and encouraging you to go to firm events (of which there were many) even when they still had to work

long hours, but still shorter than other at other investment banks

others in your class are collaborative instead of competitive; everyone is so fantastic and down to earth that you enjoy coming to work every day, even when you have to stay until 2 or 3 am

Advice to Management

firm is growing at such a speed that some of the intimacy of a smaller bank and knowing everyone is lost

The best experience possible in an investment banking analyst internship
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with as well as the effort that was put into making it a good experience for us.

Not always being given the first choice in projects.

Be eager and try to learn as much as possible over the summer.

Wonderful summer

Collegiality

Unpredictable hours

Great place to work.

Life at the highest pitch of intensity: The Evercore Experience
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with some of the smartest people I have ever met in an extremely friendly and intense manner.

Nothing - I enjoyed every minute of my time at Evercore.

You learn more at Evercore because more is expected of you - we hire the best analyst class on Wall Street and every single of our hires loves their time here. There's a reason we have the highest retention rate among all of our peers.

amazing culture; I couldn't do banking anywhere else but Evercore after this summer
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

culture; how senior management actually cares about making sure the younger ones are getting a great experience

I wish my projects weren't so crazy so I could try out more groups and take on more modeling work

Culture is extremely important at Evercore so the recruiting team looks for candidates who are outgoing and friendly in addition to intelligent and hard working.

Advice to Management

Giving us more responsibility- allowing us to do more modeling work and analyst-level work towards the end. (However, I do understand that projects are time sensitive so interns might not always be able to take on more challenging work.)

The best internship in banking.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were how much I learned over the summer. I was staffed on live deals as well as pitches. Working on these projects increased my technical knowledge of finance, improved my excel and financial modeling skills, and provided me with a valuable skill set I can use across multiple firms or industries. If I didn't know something, my full-time coworkers were willing to take the time to explain the concept until I understood it. If I was busy with one project, people on other teams usually understood why I couldn't work on their project immediately.

My least favorite part was that after firm social events, you are still expected to finish your work that you would have been doing during the time of the event. I think this happens across most firms though.

When you talk to firms, pay attention to whether people seem content with their firm or they seem like they hate their lives. There are many differences I saw between Evercore and other firms. From a day to day basis though, I thought it was valuable to be at a shop where people enjoy being there.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if people could be up for promotion ahead of the set timetable. I get that almost every firm is very rigid and standardized that you spend 2-3 years as an analyst, 3.5 as an associate, 3 as a VP, etc. but if someone is ready to be promoted, I think they should have that opportunity.

I felt as though the firm did its best to make sure that I got what I wanted out of my summer experience and treated me well.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The largest pro for me was that I was a generalist for the summer and had the opportunity to work with many different groups. Now I have a better idea of how each group operates and can request to work with the groups that fit me best when I return. The firm also did a great job on making sure that you were busy, but not too busy and if you were beginning to feel overwhelmed it was ok to turn down additional projects. Another highlight of the summer for me were the social events, which were frequent and allowed for close interactions with Partners.

I don't have any cons about the internship. The other interns and I were continually asked if we had any feedback regarding the internship program, and what small feedback we had the firm was quick to fix/implement (this is a big bonus of working at a firm with a smaller internship class).

Overall I had a great internship experience at Evercore. Two things that I think were great about the firm were 1) the firm is continuing to grow whereas some of the larger banks are contracting and 2) the firm has a spot for every intern that it brings in so there is no competition between the interns and the stress level regarding receiving an offer is greatly reduced.

A breath of fresh air when it comes to banking; mentoring culture shows senior employees truly care about junior bankers
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, culture, quality of work, compensation

Hours are long, but that is expected in investment banking. Easier to work long hours when surrounded by fantastic people.

Every at Evercore is extremely talented, yet also humble and laidback. The firm cares about culture as much as they do about intellectual ability. Make sure you are qualified in both areas.

Advice to Management

Banking is banking, but Evercore is the best place to do it.