Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #8 Best Overall Internships

Hard work, great culture, great training and great experience
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was the people I worked with. Both the full time employees and my fellow interns were people I would be happy to spend my career with.

As with all investment banking jobs, the hours are still unpredictable and demanding.

I would think hard about the differences between bulge bracket banks and independent banks and where you see yourself personality wise at this point in your life.

Exceeded expectation

Technical learning

Long hours and weekend working

If you are considering working internationally, this may not be the best bank to join

Advice to Management

May consider increase the base comp in response to the recent salary increase in bulge banks

Great investment banking experience with many live-deal experiences, best work-life balance on Wall Street, and best culture/pay
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture, meaningful deal experience, learned an immense amount, amazing pay, great people to work with

Unpredictable hours at times

Evercore is a place with an amazing culture that fosters growth and development and learning, not making employees work like slaves. The work life balance is the best candidates will find across Wall Street, and the small teams gives exposure to senior management. in addition, the pay is higher than all the other banks!

Advice to Management

Staffer should be more conscious of exactly what kind of work the interns are doing, sometimes there should be more/less people staffed per team.

A second-to-none learning experience with some of the best mentors and colleagues on Wall Street
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

tremendous responsibilities from day 1, firm has strong collegial culture, "generalist" learning model

lack of resources and technology platforms

size of the organization matters - large/small platforms offer both pros/cons

Realistic and fantastic learning experience.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture and worked on diverse projects.

Unpredictability of the hours over the course of the summer

Overall a great internship experience.

asdffasdfasdf

Best IBD internship, hands down!
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The firm's culture, the incredibly supportive colleagues, the hands-on approach to learning, a lot of responsibility, access and frequent communication with some of the best bankers in the world, and opportunities to do a variety of exciting and interesting work

Didn't really dislike anything - it was a great summer!

An internship at Evercore is a phenomenal experience - you'd be hard-pressed to match any individual aspect of it let alone the whole experience. You get unparalleled access to the best bankers in the world, learn all the basics of being an investment banking analyst, and are given a lot of responsibility. All this with incredibly intelligent, fun people and a very welcoming, collegial work environment.

Realistic view of what investment banking is really like, great opportunities to contribute to the team, great culture
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

thoughtfulness of folks running the program in making it a rewarding/interesting/challenging experience (e.g., intentionally small summer class, dedicated summer staffer, assigned senior mentors (MDs) and associate "buddy")

Unpredictability of the hours, although I think this is general to the industry, not specific to the firm

Talk to as many people in the firm as you can to understand the culture, why they chose the firm, what's keeping them there, what they like best/least, how they value people

Great opportunity to work on major transactions and pitches, with a lot of meaningful contact with senior bankers
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to work on meaningful transactions and pitches, great culture and people, busy deal flow with lean deal teams

Firm is at an intermediate stage of growth where the generalist pool staffing model may no longer be ideal. Hours were very long because of heavy deal flow and lean staffing, but this definitely beats light deal flow.

Evercore is one of the best brand names among Wall Street deal professionals, and it has a lot of momentum going its way. However, I've noticed that many potential interns who aren't as familiar with Wall Street aren't aware of its reputation. Interns seeking a top ibanking position with a growing firm should give Evercore a very close look.

Gem of investment banking. Great experience and excellent working culture.

Learning financial modeling

Unpredictable hours

If you're going to go into the industry, know what you're getting yourself into. Within the industry, I would highly recommend Evercore because you get a real experience as you're given serious responsibilities and will learn from the best.