Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program? Submit a Review

Meaningful work with a lot of helpful guidance

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality of work, full-time employees were very helpful and welcoming

At times not enough work to go around for all interns

A great place work someone interested in investment banking but would prefer a less cutthroat environment

My internship at Evercore gave me broad exposure to the investment banking industry

the people, everything I learned

The hours are long but necessary

Put in your best effort and have a positive attitude

Great investment banking experience with many live-deal experiences, best work-life balance on Wall Street, and best culture/pay

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture, meaningful deal experience, learned an immense amount, amazing pay, great people to work with

Unpredictable hours at times

Evercore is a place with an amazing culture that fosters growth and development and learning, not making employees work like slaves. The work life balance is the best candidates will find across Wall Street, and the small teams gives exposure to senior management. in addition, the pay is higher than all the other banks!

Advice to Management

Staffer should be more conscious of exactly what kind of work the interns are doing, sometimes there should be more/less people staffed per team.

A second-to-none learning experience with some of the best mentors and colleagues on Wall Street

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

tremendous responsibilities from day 1, firm has strong collegial culture, "generalist" learning model

lack of resources and technology platforms

size of the organization matters - large/small platforms offer both pros/cons

Realistic and fantastic learning experience.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture and worked on diverse projects.

Unpredictability of the hours over the course of the summer

Overall a great internship experience.

asdffasdfasdf

Fantastic summer at a company that truly cares about its summers, great learning experience

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with incredibly smart, friendly and hardworking individuals who cared about my own personal learning and development

Of course you will have to work long hours, but this is standard across banking

Truly a great culture, you will have a lot of fun and learn a lot!

An IB internship where even at the junior level, one can produce meaningful work and work frequently with senior bankers

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The firm, above all, values its culture and employees. While the nature of the job often entails long work hours, Evercore prioritizes the betterment of its junior employees at all times. Throughout the summer, there were numerous corporate events during which we had the opportunity to get to know our co-workers (MD's and all!) on a personal level. While the investment banking lifestyle is not a walk in the park, Evercore makes it more than manageable by maintaining a culture that highlights mentorship and communication.

At the beginning of the internship, we were asked what industries we would like to work in during the summer. Based on our preferences, we were staffed on various projects. While the staffer kept tabs on how many projects we were working on at any given time, it was not communicated how analytically intensive said projects were. As a result, some interns received a great deal of analytical work from the beginning of the internship, while others had to wait until the very end to receive any sort of modeling experience. While it is difficult to assure all interns receive the same amount of analytical work (by their very nature, no deal is the same), a stronger flow of communication between the deal teams and the staffer concerning what type of work each intern was doing would be beneficial in the future.

No other firm comes close to comparing to Evercore in terms of easing one into the IB lifestyle with mentorship and communication. Some individuals will know from the beginning that they prefer a bulge bracket experience, in which senior banker interaction and a lean deal team experience is non-existant. However, for those open to all types of experiences within the investment banking field, I highly recommend such candidates strongly consider Evercore as a top choice. From speaking with individuals from all other firms (Goldman, Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, Lazard, Moelis, and Citi), no other culture promotes a similar level of intimacy and comfortability as Evercore. Individuals from such other firms will explain that "the people" is what makes the firm unique. However, these individuals will also explain to you that during their summer experience, they rarely worked directly with a partner or MD, and had to stay at his/her desk each night until his/her analyst left. At Evercore, there is no such thing as "face time." There is no grunt work that is done just for the sake of staying busy. All work is purposeful, and even at the junior level, one is given the opportunity to sit in on meetings with partners and is encouraged to state one's own opinion. Most importantly, there is life beyond the office - once work is completed, there is no need to stay in the office until your higher-ups finish their work. While other firms explain that their respective cultures are unique, I can assure that none is quite as enjoyable and open, but also hardworking, as that at Evercore.

Advice to Management

All facets of the company I experienced over the summer were top-notch. The one suggestion I have to the firm is summer training. Our training program was all done internally, and over the years has become more and more structured. While the program is almost there, there are still a few things that need improvement. Perhaps a small pamphlet/intern manual that describes how to go about completing firm-specific actions would be beneficial.

Interaction with clients and senior bankers is the norm. Work with some of the smartest students from the best universities.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Evercore has a strong focus on culture and hires students who work extremely hard, are as intelligent as it gets, but aren't Excel robots

I had a great time - I wish the summer were even longer!

Meet as many people as you can, and work across as many industries as possible during the summer. If you want to work with someone or in a specific space, be proactive about telling your staffer - he/she will try their best to make it happen.

Best experience on Wall Street, working with the smartest people, and the biggest deals while learning a lot and making more than your peers

- Senior level attention

- Scope of deals

- High profile deals

- Amount of responsibility given

- Too short to get a real feel of banking, but enough that you know what you are getting into

Evercore is the best kept secret on Wall Street, the yield is incredibly high and the people are great to work with. Make sure you come off as humble as they won't hire people with bad personalities

Advice to Management

Continue to pay high with the other high paying firms