Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Progam Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Great mentors, great people, lots of learning

Great mentors, great people, lots of learning

Analyzing credit documents

If you're thinking about going into investment banking, this is the place to start.

Advice to Management

There should be more emphasis on live deals

Date: 2013

Great experience at a formerly boutique firm that has become an M&A leader

Responsibility, ability to work on live deals, mentorship/training

Hours are tough at times.

Challenging but rewarding

Advice to Management

More internal promotion to senior levels of firm

Challenging and rewarding experience

Amount of responsibility I was able to take on; the types of deals I was working on; closed a deal over the summer; great culture; fun company wide events

The hours and working on the weekends was tough at times

Evercore is a great place to start your career as an intern / potential full-time candidate because the smaller environment aids in your ability to take on more responsibility and excel.

Date: 2013

Evercore offers the best analyst experience

The best aspects of the internshp was the ability to work on awesome deals in a very tight nit group. Evercore is a very horizontally structured company so getting good senior exposure is very common.

Investment Banking is Investment Banking, you will work a lot of hours. But, Evercore is with out a doubt the best place to do IB.

Prepare to work hard. Always double check everything you submit.

Evercore The Best Investment Bank

The best aspects were the ability to engage in discussion with senior bankers and hear there take on strategy and decision making.

Long hours. But, that is a factor of the job not the firm.

Perhaps work on your excel and finance skills before the summer starts.

Date: 2013

Great culture, interesting work, strong momentum

culture, variety of assignments, access to senior leadership

hard to meet colleagues from other teams (other than those staffed on the same assignments as you)

think about where you fit best, the momentum of the firm in the near-term, and where you will learn and grow the most; prestige is important, but a brand is only a brand

Advice to Management

more (formal) training, provide 401k matching

Best of Both Worlds - Prestige & Culture at its Finest

Summer analysts at Evercore are treated like full-time analysts. At the same time, no summer analyst is "thrown to the fire" - Evercore makes sure that the summers get enough training and mentoring to learn as much as possible, and to succeed. Evercore's culture is also great - there are many events throughout the summer so that summer analysts can meet Evercore professionals and get to know the firm. I walked away from my summer internship having learned a ton, and having developed real relationships with junior and senior bankers.

In my opinion, Evercore has one of the best internship programs on the Street. Any "cons" of the internship (i.e. long hours) would apply to the industry as a whole. If someone is interested in pursuing an internship in investment banking, there is no better place to do so than at Evercore!

A candidate should make sure to weigh both culture and prestige when choosing a potential internship, as well as the quality of his potential experience. Evercore has the best of both worlds - you will learn a lot, work with the best and brightest of the industry, and have a great time while doing so!

Advice to Management

The Evercore summer analyst program continues to improve each and every cycle - management and the recruiting team continue to work hard to ensure that each summer is better than the last.

Date: 2012

Incredible Internship Experience: Lot of exposure to senior management, increased responsibility, outstanding corporate culture

Working at a smaller investment bank definitely had its advantages. I was able to work on a live, multibillion dollar deal during the summer. I was given essentially given the responsibilities of a full-time analyst. I was the one working in the financial model and I was the one who created presentations that were eventually placed in front of clients. The senior personnel at Evercore were also outstanding. Everyone was very eager to provide help and guidance throughout the summer. The culture of the firm is also incredible. Evercore really prides itself on culture, and that became very evident after spending a summer there. My social life during the summer revolved around people I was working with and really added to the overall experience.

I really don't have anything negative to say about the experience. Yes, the hours were long, but that is expected when working in investment banking. However, when you are surrounded with such fantastic people, the hours become much more enjoyable.

Candidates should have an extremely sound technical background, yet also need to fit within the culture of the firm. Evercore likes to hire people who are incredibly smart, yet down to earth.

Advice to Management

After several internship experiences, Evercore was by far my favorite place to work. The compensation is above the Street and there are additional benefits of working at a smaller investment bank.

Date: 2012

A great learning experience, both professionally and personally

The internship was a great learning experience, while enjoying the company of extremely smart individuals working on meaningful transactions

The ability to not fully control your schedule, but thats more against investment banking, as opposed to against Evercore. My teams were very understanding of commitments I had that were reasonable.

I would very highly consider culture at a firm before you consider joining it. It is important to join a firm that has a great reputation, but definitely do not discount the quality of the people and the culture at the firm

Advice to Management

I think we need a little more structured training program, but our program has made significant progress in the past few years.

Date: 2012

Invaluable experience with amazing deal exposure

Great corporate culture and deal exposure with access to the top bankers on the street

Hours could get long but that's just the nature of the business

If you want to do investment banking, there is no better place to do it than Evercore

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)