Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Progam Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

I felt as though the firm did its best to make sure that I got what I wanted out of my summer experience and treated me well.

The largest pro for me was that I was a generalist for the summer and had the opportunity to work with many different groups. Now I have a better idea of how each group operates and can request to work with the groups that fit me best when I return. The firm also did a great job on making sure that you were busy, but not too busy and if you were beginning to feel overwhelmed it was ok to turn down additional projects. Another highlight of the summer for me were the social events, which were frequent and allowed for close interactions with Partners.

I don't have any cons about the internship. The other interns and I were continually asked if we had any feedback regarding the internship program, and what small feedback we had the firm was quick to fix/implement (this is a big bonus of working at a firm with a smaller internship class).

Overall I had a great internship experience at Evercore. Two things that I think were great about the firm were 1) the firm is continuing to grow whereas some of the larger banks are contracting and 2) the firm has a spot for every intern that it brings in so there is no competition between the interns and the stress level regarding receiving an offer is greatly reduced.

Wonderful summer

Collegiality

Unpredictable hours

Great place to work.

Intern or Associate?

The people and the high responsbility interns are given.

They were too easy on the interns. Let us go very early and attend all company events even if our team was still working.

Evercore is a very special place. Its success lies in the high quality employees you get. Part of the job is not only doing great work but working well with your teams. If you would prefer to be solitary, Evercore may not be the best place for you. The amount you learn and experience you receive is phenomenal. Evercore has smaller deal teams so you are integral to the work, but they stilll work on huge deals.

Date: 2013

Advising global business leaders while working with top notch talent

Office culture, emphasis on teamwork, high quality experience and industry exposure

Highly demanding industry requires long hours at work

The value proposition of an independent bank is unique to today's bulge bracket competitors.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the company's differentiating qualities in these respective dimensions.

Evercore Partners: The Best of Both Worlds

I was placed on 2 very live, high profile deals, both of which announced. That type of real-world experience certainly set my experience apart from that of my peers at other banks. I also developed strong relationships with my peers and superiors, and found myself looking forward to coming to work each day.

At the time, the training program was not as robust as it could have been. Since then, our training program has grown leaps and bounds and I firmly believe that we have one of the best training programs on the Street.

If you are lucky enough to receive multiple offers, make sure that you take all aspects of the summer program into account - including deal flow, mentorship opportunities, and culture.

Advice to Management

Training was a big area of improvement, and the firm has made important strides in the right direction. Our training program has grown leaps and bounds and I firmly believe that we have one of the best training programs on the Street.

Date: 2013

Great experience with fantastic people.

I was staffed on several live deals and learned a great deal about the industry.

The unpredictability of the job.

Fantastic experience with great people that want you to succeed and learn.

Date: 2013

Great mentors, hands-on experience, lots of responsibility