Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

The best internship in banking.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were how much I learned over the summer. I was staffed on live deals as well as pitches. Working on these projects increased my technical knowledge of finance, improved my excel and financial modeling skills, and provided me with a valuable skill set I can use across multiple firms or industries. If I didn't know something, my full-time coworkers were willing to take the time to explain the concept until I understood it. If I was busy with one project, people on other teams usually understood why I couldn't work on their project immediately.

My least favorite part was that after firm social events, you are still expected to finish your work that you would have been doing during the time of the event. I think this happens across most firms though.

When you talk to firms, pay attention to whether people seem content with their firm or they seem like they hate their lives. There are many differences I saw between Evercore and other firms. From a day to day basis though, I thought it was valuable to be at a shop where people enjoy being there.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if people could be up for promotion ahead of the set timetable. I get that almost every firm is very rigid and standardized that you spend 2-3 years as an analyst, 3.5 as an associate, 3 as a VP, etc. but if someone is ready to be promoted, I think they should have that opportunity.

Evercore investment banking summer camp - mingle and model
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know so many people at the firm, forming close bonds with all of the other summer analysts, learning from all the patient mentors, getting to work on real deals and get good deal experience, and going on all the awesome firm-wide events

Unpredictability of the hours

Not only is Evercore one of the fastest growing investment bank and participates in some of the biggest deals each year, it continues to grab hold of a tight-nit culture. Everyone at the firm is so willing to teach and make sure you learn. Everyone loves to have fun and truly enjoy working with each other. That's the kind of environment you want to be in.

Intern or Associate?
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the high responsbility interns are given.

They were too easy on the interns. Let us go very early and attend all company events even if our team was still working.

Evercore is a very special place. Its success lies in the high quality employees you get. Part of the job is not only doing great work but working well with your teams. If you would prefer to be solitary, Evercore may not be the best place for you. The amount you learn and experience you receive is phenomenal. Evercore has smaller deal teams so you are integral to the work, but they stilll work on huge deals.

Evercore Partners: The Best of Both Worlds
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was placed on 2 very live, high profile deals, both of which announced. That type of real-world experience certainly set my experience apart from that of my peers at other banks. I also developed strong relationships with my peers and superiors, and found myself looking forward to coming to work each day.

At the time, the training program was not as robust as it could have been. Since then, our training program has grown leaps and bounds and I firmly believe that we have one of the best training programs on the Street.

If you are lucky enough to receive multiple offers, make sure that you take all aspects of the summer program into account - including deal flow, mentorship opportunities, and culture.

Advice to Management

Training was a big area of improvement, and the firm has made important strides in the right direction. Our training program has grown leaps and bounds and I firmly believe that we have one of the best training programs on the Street.

Best place to spend a summer to experience investment banking and find out if it is a good fit for you
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, responsibilities, lean deal teams

Long work hours

Evercore has a superb culture to work in investment banking. The employees are extremely professional, smart, and hard working

Incredible learning experience combined with a fratty culture and strong team chemistry brought out through company events and activities
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

little power clash, no expected facetime, freedom, easy-going, hardworking managers, strong connected culture

occasional long hours, sometimes unclear communication

Consistently highly ranked firm with a boutique, friendly culture, a great learning experience, and a great start to a career.

I... Hadddd... The Time of My Liifffeee
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting office, fun people to work with

Long hours characteristic of any other banking job

Learning is key, always know how your task fits into the big picture.

Challenging and rewarding experience
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amount of responsibility I was able to take on; the types of deals I was working on; closed a deal over the summer; great culture; fun company wide events

The hours and working on the weekends was tough at times

Evercore is a great place to start your career as an intern / potential full-time candidate because the smaller environment aids in your ability to take on more responsibility and excel.

Great mentors, hands-on experience, lots of responsibility