Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program? Submit a Review

Evercore offers full-time exposure and responsibility at an intern level

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the level of exposure I had to senior employees of the firm and the amount of real, hands on, work that I was given. Furthermore, Evercore has an amazing culture that allows one to feel comfortable in a traditionally high-stress industry.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship.

Evercore is the type of firm that will require you to be able to work hard, handle multiple projects at once, and, as a smaller firm, require you to take full responsibility for all of your work. At the same time, the firm does an amazing job of making you a part of the firm's "family" through their mentor programs and numerous firm events

In one of my interviews, we were given a case of someone who recently inherited two businesses and was looking to make a sale of one of the businesses. We were given some information on both businesses and the business owner's preferences and were told to evaluate which business they would want to sell and why.

Advice to Management

N/A

Exceeded expectation

Technical learning

Long hours and weekend working

If you are considering working internationally, this may not be the best bank to join

Advice to Management

May consider increase the base comp in response to the recent salary increase in bulge banks

Best Internship Opportunity Available in M&A Advisory

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior partners and mentors at the firm, quality and attitude of the full time firm members, challenging and intellectually stimulating work, and superior compensation

Client service business which leads to unpredictable hours

Outstanding internship opportunity to work with the leading independent investment bank; firm members are a unique blend of incredibly intelligent and down to Earth, something I did not find anywhere else on the street

Meaningful work with a lot of helpful guidance

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Quality of work, full-time employees were very helpful and welcoming

At times not enough work to go around for all interns

A great place work someone interested in investment banking but would prefer a less cutthroat environment

Nice colleagues, big-time deals, high compensations

High-profile deals

Some groups pitch a lot.

Great place to work

The most enjoyable and educational investment banking internship you could ever imagine

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The training was fantastic. I learned more in a few weeks than I learned in years at school. I felt very prepared to hit the desk. Everyone in the firm, from Analysts to Senior Managing Directors, really wants you to learn and will take significant time out of their busy day just to sit down with you and teach you something. The culture of the firm is fantastic. Everyone at all levels of the firm is extremely friendly and extremely respectful.

The groups can be a bit segregated. Sometimes the work is a bit slow to build up at the beginning.

If you love to work with very nice, very smart, and very educational individuals and work on high profile, interesting deals, Evercore is the place for you. It isn't as "fratty" as some other banks (largely because our Sales and Trading group is so small), but I think this translates positively in that people are considerate and are trying to work hard and do a good job not trying to just keep up appearances.

Best Possible Investment Banking Summer Experience

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real work. I had one project where I worked on a deal team with only a managing director because the analyst on the deal was on vacation.

There are no overt areas for improvement in this program.

If you are interested in investment banking, you should be looking here.

Hard work, great culture, great training and great experience

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was the people I worked with. Both the full time employees and my fellow interns were people I would be happy to spend my career with.

As with all investment banking jobs, the hours are still unpredictable and demanding.

I would think hard about the differences between bulge bracket banks and independent banks and where you see yourself personality wise at this point in your life.

Experience the Analyst role and love it

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Type of work we got to work on

People we interacted with at senior level

Events held to meet the rest of the firm

Respect for the individual

Training program

No negatives from my experience

Take advantage of the time there to get to know as many people as you can and utilize the great training program

Intense but fun

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People at the firm, collegial atmosphere

Long hours generally

If you want a great work culture this is the place

Advice to Management

Better comp