Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

The culture really sets Evercore apart
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on a mix of live deals and pitches. Senior bankers took an active interest in the summers and the focus was on providing a realistic experience.

Not being able to work with industries of preference.

My thought half-way through the summer was "they did not lie to me during the recruiting process." Great work with a great group of people. I had a much better experience overall than most of my peers at other banks.

Advice to Management

More formal training at the start would be great. A few days with TTS could really get things started in a helpful way.

Evercore provided an extremely valuable experience in a great work environment that really nurtures young members of the firm
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work is challenging and interesting, creating constant learning experiences; the people are friendly and approachable; the culture has a really strong sense of mentorship and community

The lifestyle and hours can be quite unpredictable- but that is expected in a banking internship

This is an amazing place to work; you will constantly face challenges that teach you to become better analysts (due to the lean deal teams and the amount of responsibility you are expected to take on); but you will always have people you can turn to (there are both official and unofficial mentors who are available and very willing to teach)

Fullfilling
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the deal flow, exposure to senior bankers

the hours - but this is banking...

It's a place for people who are not afraid of being challenged, getting very senior bankers exposure.

Amazing learning and social experience defined by the interesting and brilliant people I met

culture, people

late nights

really learn about the culture here

Advice to Management

Just about everything was great. One aspect would probably be just becoming more organized.

Room 37B Dominates Competition, Earns 100% Offer and Acceptance Rate
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, plain and simple. I've never been around a group that is so talented, professional, and likable in my life.

I think the first week of training could have been a little more hands on.

This is an elite, professional, and well-run organization.

Good learning experience, demanding but worthwhile
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

learned a lot, good culture, good perks, good people

hours, unpredictability

great place to start your career, definitely be prepared, network, be proactive and take initative

Advice to Management

possibly hire more interns so they can transition over to full time, more training?

My internship with Evercore was a great experience with work on live deals and interaction with senior employees.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the culture by far. I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone in the office, and everyone took my opinion seriously even as an intern.

We had a week of training out of a total of a ten week internship, and it taught me a lot. I would have still enjoyed more training, however.

Evercore is made up of the best and brightest people in the industry from the analyst to partner level. On top of that, they are also incredibly helpful and nice.

For investment banking, it is definitely the best experience you are going to get
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Firm culture, job opportunity, new york city

They were so nice, it is not an accurate portrait for full time

it is a great company, and they do a terrific job of hiring awesome analysts. I truly enjoy/vaule all of the other kids in my analyst class- this is so important especially for an internship. The company also values you as a person and actually cares if you have a good experience.

Advice to Management

Hours are brutal, but I guess that is to be expected in investment banking.

Hands on experience and exposure to high level professionals
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Actual modeling. Senior bankers knew who I was and wanted to help. Everybody wanted to teach

Not enough time to accumulate proprietary ownership of a deal

Be prepared to have a lot of responsibility handed your way

Amazing summer experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working in teams on interesting and challenging projects and being around colleagues who are both extremely smart and friendly

long hours at times but not unreasonable

Very collegial atmosphere, small teams/significant responsibilities, interesting assignments