Evercore Partners Investment Banking Summer Analyst and Associate Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Evercore investment banking summer camp - mingle and model

Getting to know so many people at the firm, forming close bonds with all of the other summer analysts, learning from all the patient mentors, getting to work on real deals and get good deal experience, and going on all the awesome firm-wide events

Unpredictability of the hours

Not only is Evercore one of the fastest growing investment bank and participates in some of the biggest deals each year, it continues to grab hold of a tight-nit culture. Everyone at the firm is so willing to teach and make sure you learn. Everyone loves to have fun and truly enjoy working with each other. That's the kind of environment you want to be in.

Date: 2013

Best banking experience I could have asked for

- People - Work-life balance

- Hours were bad on certain days

- Work hard and learn a lot

Date: 2013

Great experience at a formerly boutique firm that has become an M&A leader

Responsibility, ability to work on live deals, mentorship/training

Hours are tough at times.

Challenging but rewarding

Advice to Management

More internal promotion to senior levels of firm

Challenging and rewarding experience

Amount of responsibility I was able to take on; the types of deals I was working on; closed a deal over the summer; great culture; fun company wide events

The hours and working on the weekends was tough at times

Evercore is a great place to start your career as an intern / potential full-time candidate because the smaller environment aids in your ability to take on more responsibility and excel.

I... Hadddd... The Time of My Liifffeee

Interesting office, fun people to work with

Long hours characteristic of any other banking job

Learning is key, always know how your task fits into the big picture.

Date: 2013

Incredible learning experience combined with a fratty culture and strong team chemistry brought out through company events and activities

little power clash, no expected facetime, freedom, easy-going, hardworking managers, strong connected culture

occasional long hours, sometimes unclear communication

Consistently highly ranked firm with a boutique, friendly culture, a great learning experience, and a great start to a career.

Date: 2013

Great experience with fantastic people.

I was staffed on several live deals and learned a great deal about the industry.

The unpredictability of the job.

Fantastic experience with great people that want you to succeed and learn.

Date: 2013

Great mentors, hands-on experience, lots of responsibility

People who cared to give me interesting work and make sure I was learning

Steep learning curve

Fit is most important. Intern group was very close

Evercore Partners: The Best of Both Worlds

I was placed on 2 very live, high profile deals, both of which announced. That type of real-world experience certainly set my experience apart from that of my peers at other banks. I also developed strong relationships with my peers and superiors, and found myself looking forward to coming to work each day.

At the time, the training program was not as robust as it could have been. Since then, our training program has grown leaps and bounds and I firmly believe that we have one of the best training programs on the Street.

If you are lucky enough to receive multiple offers, make sure that you take all aspects of the summer program into account - including deal flow, mentorship opportunities, and culture.

Advice to Management

Training was a big area of improvement, and the firm has made important strides in the right direction. Our training program has grown leaps and bounds and I firmly believe that we have one of the best training programs on the Street.

Intern or Associate?

The people and the high responsbility interns are given.

They were too easy on the interns. Let us go very early and attend all company events even if our team was still working.

Evercore is a very special place. Its success lies in the high quality employees you get. Part of the job is not only doing great work but working well with your teams. If you would prefer to be solitary, Evercore may not be the best place for you. The amount you learn and experience you receive is phenomenal. Evercore has smaller deal teams so you are integral to the work, but they stilll work on huge deals.