Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Awesome experience, couldn't have asked for more
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People I worked with, exposure to projects and industries

Maybe the hours - but it's really not bad at all

Definitely accept the offer!

An internship program designed to make you want to come back
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredibly intelligent peers/mentors, personal interaction with leaders in the industry, responsibility for high-profile deals, and a corporate culture that you cannot find anywhere else on Wall Street

Probably just the hours, but that comes with the territory

You will be doing the same work at all elite investment banking firms, so choose your employer based on the full experience that it will provide. Further, a firm's culture can make or break your investment banking experience. Evercore is known for having a great culture across the entire hierarchy

A Very Welcoming Place to Get Exposed to Investment Banking
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Evercore has a very flat organizational structure. There was a culture of mentorship where interns were encouraged to ask questions to anyone, no matter the level of seniority.

Unfortunately, investment banking is a very time-intensive job with a certain amount of unpredictability. Evercore emphasizes a healthy work-life balance, but the nature of the industry still leads to a demanding work schedule.

If you are truly interested in pursuing a career in investment banking, Evercore is the perfect place to enter the industry and grow through its excellent culture.

No one will ever have this much fun working 100 hours a week
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were by far the best aspect of the internship. Evercore has a robust corporate culture that is inclusive while still elite in its single-minded focus on rigorous analysis and superb client service. In addition to its superb personalized training for investment banking summer analysts, Human Resources also made sure to throw weekly events for us, and we all had a great time playing golf, softball, or just grabbing drinks with one another. Evercore also had an endless supply of Snapple a free bagels in the morning - little things to be sure, but important ones.

Anything negative about the experience was endemic to investment banking and not idiosyncratic to Evercore. I personally didn't mind the long hours and the massive amount of research, Excel and Powerpoint that we did, but I can see how some people might. To you I would say: banking is not for you.

Evercore is the best bank on the street. Period. Over the last three years, every single analyst who has received an offer has accepted it - I don't know of any other institution, forget about even investment banks, that can boast a 100% return rate. At the end of the day, everyone can talk your ear off about how great their firm is, but this is the only statistic that matters. It's not an opinion, it's a number, and our number is perfect.

Invaluable experience with amazing deal exposure
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great corporate culture and deal exposure with access to the top bankers on the street

Hours could get long but that's just the nature of the business

If you want to do investment banking, there is no better place to do it than Evercore

Incredible Internship Experience: Lot of exposure to senior management, increased responsibility, outstanding corporate culture
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working at a smaller investment bank definitely had its advantages. I was able to work on a live, multibillion dollar deal during the summer. I was given essentially given the responsibilities of a full-time analyst. I was the one working in the financial model and I was the one who created presentations that were eventually placed in front of clients. The senior personnel at Evercore were also outstanding. Everyone was very eager to provide help and guidance throughout the summer. The culture of the firm is also incredible. Evercore really prides itself on culture, and that became very evident after spending a summer there. My social life during the summer revolved around people I was working with and really added to the overall experience.

I really don't have anything negative to say about the experience. Yes, the hours were long, but that is expected when working in investment banking. However, when you are surrounded with such fantastic people, the hours become much more enjoyable.

Candidates should have an extremely sound technical background, yet also need to fit within the culture of the firm. Evercore likes to hire people who are incredibly smart, yet down to earth.

Advice to Management

After several internship experiences, Evercore was by far my favorite place to work. The compensation is above the Street and there are additional benefits of working at a smaller investment bank.

Best of Both Worlds - Prestige & Culture at its Finest
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Summer analysts at Evercore are treated like full-time analysts. At the same time, no summer analyst is "thrown to the fire" - Evercore makes sure that the summers get enough training and mentoring to learn as much as possible, and to succeed. Evercore's culture is also great - there are many events throughout the summer so that summer analysts can meet Evercore professionals and get to know the firm. I walked away from my summer internship having learned a ton, and having developed real relationships with junior and senior bankers.

In my opinion, Evercore has one of the best internship programs on the Street. Any "cons" of the internship (i.e. long hours) would apply to the industry as a whole. If someone is interested in pursuing an internship in investment banking, there is no better place to do so than at Evercore!

A candidate should make sure to weigh both culture and prestige when choosing a potential internship, as well as the quality of his potential experience. Evercore has the best of both worlds - you will learn a lot, work with the best and brightest of the industry, and have a great time while doing so!

Advice to Management

The Evercore summer analyst program continues to improve each and every cycle - management and the recruiting team continue to work hard to ensure that each summer is better than the last.

Valuable and interesting work, strong senior mentorship, opportunity to gain full-time position, great culture
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting work, financial modeling skills, senior mentorship, great culture.

Long, but manageable hours.

Interviews are tough and technical, people are very smart, hard working, great culture, high level work, small number of interns get specialized attention from full-time analysts and associates, opportunity to work directly with managing directors and partners

A great learning experience, both professionally and personally
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship was a great learning experience, while enjoying the company of extremely smart individuals working on meaningful transactions

The ability to not fully control your schedule, but thats more against investment banking, as opposed to against Evercore. My teams were very understanding of commitments I had that were reasonable.

I would very highly consider culture at a firm before you consider joining it. It is important to join a firm that has a great reputation, but definitely do not discount the quality of the people and the culture at the firm

Advice to Management

I think we need a little more structured training program, but our program has made significant progress in the past few years.

Evercore provided an extremely valuable experience in a great work environment that really nurtures young members of the firm
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work is challenging and interesting, creating constant learning experiences; the people are friendly and approachable; the culture has a really strong sense of mentorship and community

The lifestyle and hours can be quite unpredictable- but that is expected in a banking internship

This is an amazing place to work; you will constantly face challenges that teach you to become better analysts (due to the lean deal teams and the amount of responsibility you are expected to take on); but you will always have people you can turn to (there are both official and unofficial mentors who are available and very willing to teach)