Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Valuable and interesting work, strong senior mentorship, opportunity to gain full-time position, great culture
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interesting work, financial modeling skills, senior mentorship, great culture.

Long, but manageable hours.

Interviews are tough and technical, people are very smart, hard working, great culture, high level work, small number of interns get specialized attention from full-time analysts and associates, opportunity to work directly with managing directors and partners

An internship program designed to make you want to come back
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredibly intelligent peers/mentors, personal interaction with leaders in the industry, responsibility for high-profile deals, and a corporate culture that you cannot find anywhere else on Wall Street

Probably just the hours, but that comes with the territory

You will be doing the same work at all elite investment banking firms, so choose your employer based on the full experience that it will provide. Further, a firm's culture can make or break your investment banking experience. Evercore is known for having a great culture across the entire hierarchy

Live Restructuring Quantitative Analysis and Deal Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Colleagues -- I was surrounded by incredibly intelligent and fun people. I also got a huge amount of hands-on experience and was able to see my work directly create value for clients and for the firm. Compensation was great as well.

The hours weren't "great" on an absolute basis, but within the industry of investment banking they're about as good as you can ask for.

The internship is incredible. It gives a great view of what you would be doing working full time for the firm. The company cares a lot about your experience, not just making you a cog in a machine, and it also provides some GREAT networking and social events throughout the summer.

A Very Welcoming Place to Get Exposed to Investment Banking
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Evercore has a very flat organizational structure. There was a culture of mentorship where interns were encouraged to ask questions to anyone, no matter the level of seniority.

Unfortunately, investment banking is a very time-intensive job with a certain amount of unpredictability. Evercore emphasizes a healthy work-life balance, but the nature of the industry still leads to a demanding work schedule.

If you are truly interested in pursuing a career in investment banking, Evercore is the perfect place to enter the industry and grow through its excellent culture.

Great opportunity to work on major transactions and pitches, with a lot of meaningful contact with senior bankers
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to work on meaningful transactions and pitches, great culture and people, busy deal flow with lean deal teams

Firm is at an intermediate stage of growth where the generalist pool staffing model may no longer be ideal. Hours were very long because of heavy deal flow and lean staffing, but this definitely beats light deal flow.

Evercore is one of the best brand names among Wall Street deal professionals, and it has a lot of momentum going its way. However, I've noticed that many potential interns who aren't as familiar with Wall Street aren't aware of its reputation. Interns seeking a top ibanking position with a growing firm should give Evercore a very close look.

An internship program that treats you like a second-year analyst on Day One.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The horizontal culture really showed me the entire deal process. The fact that I could go straight to a MD with questions without any hesitation speaks volumes about the firm's camaraderie and commitment to junior development.

Very hard to say- the internship was phenomenal in all regards.

Leverage fourth-year contacts that have interned, and most likely accepted a job offer, at the firm to understand the nuances of the firm and what differentiates the bank in a highly homogeneous investment banking industry.

Competitive, prestigious program that is one of the best kept secrets on Wall Street. Got work on landmark transactions with industry titans
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Ability to work on pure advisory mandates such as M&A as opposed to other less exciting products
- Opportunity to work on the biggest transactions each year
- Working closely with some of the biggest rainmakers on Wall Street
- Ability to go to a firm which is growing at an increadible pace while the rest of the industry is declining
- If you are a top performing summer analyst, having the ability to be the sole analyst on a deal by the end of your internship
- Working with some of the smartest people under one roof
- Collegial work environment where everyone strives to help each other
- Phenomenal exit opportunities to private equity, hedge funds, business school and other roles
- One of the highest, if not the highest, compensation plans on Wall Street

- 10 weeks can be a short time to really immerse yourself in the environment, but that's the norm on Wall Street

- Read articles about each of the bulge brackets as well as top boutiques like Evercore. What you'll notice is that all the big players are losing market share, while boutiques are gaining market share; with Evercore leading the pack
- People: Make sure you get to know the people at Evercore, as it really is a collegial culture

Advice to Management

- Would be nice to do M&A and Restructuring at the same time, and stay generalist for the entire analyst stint

Invaluable experience with amazing deal exposure
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great corporate culture and deal exposure with access to the top bankers on the street

Hours could get long but that's just the nature of the business

If you want to do investment banking, there is no better place to do it than Evercore

The Evercore Experience: Work Hard, Play Harder. The best summer internship ever!

Culture
Mentors
Firm-wide events

The hours can be tough at times, but that's the life of a banker

Fantastic work culture
Everyone is so willingly to teach and help
The interns are all very close with each other and with the full-time employees
There are a ton of firm-wide functions such as a softball tournament, bowling, country club event, etc. No other firm has such regular, fun, inclusive events!
You get real analyst work and real responsibilities, allowing you to learn more than you expect.

The culture really sets Evercore apart
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to work on a mix of live deals and pitches. Senior bankers took an active interest in the summers and the focus was on providing a realistic experience.

Not being able to work with industries of preference.

My thought half-way through the summer was "they did not lie to me during the recruiting process." Great work with a great group of people. I had a much better experience overall than most of my peers at other banks.

Advice to Management

More formal training at the start would be great. A few days with TTS could really get things started in a helpful way.