Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #8 Best Overall Internships

4.7 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 105 Intern Reviews)

Evercore offers an amazing summer intern experience.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Good projects, great people, interesting work

Hours, occasionally menial work (but not often)

Study a lot of technicals for interviews.

Evercore offers full-time exposure and responsibility at an intern level
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the level of exposure I had to senior employees of the firm and the amount of real, hands on, work that I was given. Furthermore, Evercore has an amazing culture that allows one to feel comfortable in a traditionally high-stress industry.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship.

Evercore is the type of firm that will require you to be able to work hard, handle multiple projects at once, and, as a smaller firm, require you to take full responsibility for all of your work. At the same time, the firm does an amazing job of making you a part of the firm's "family" through their mentor programs and numerous firm events

In one of my interviews, we were given a case of someone who recently inherited two businesses and was looking to make a sale of one of the businesses. We were given some information on both businesses and the business owner's preferences and were told to evaluate which business they would want to sell and why.

Advice to Management

N/A

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Great people and great work at a great firm.

Culture, M&A work, hours

Experience is highly industry vertical dependent

When considering a career at Evercore, be sure to evaluate how your priorities align with working at an independent advisory firm as opposed to a bulge bracket investment bank.

How can you increase returns on an LBO? How do you unlever beta? Explain M&A to your grandparents. Does the valuation of a firm increase or decrease if you use the mid-year convention?

Advice to Management

I would recommend that the firm make experiences at the firm less group-dependent. Some groups encourage appear to encourage a 3-year analyst stint, which may not be aligned with some of the analyst's career goals.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Best professional experience of my life
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the people were super amazing, even the senior people

Sometimes we had long hours

Try your best during the internship :)

Incredible learning experience and a great start to a career in the financial world.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very focused building a strong culture amongst the intern classes which breeds a healthy competitiveness in the workplace.

Of course in any banking job hours are not ideal but this is not specific to Evercore. It is a general statement about the industry.

Evercore is an incredible firm for a young person to work at because, unlike many competitors, it gives junior employees a real opportunity to make an impact

Well rounded experience at a top bank with unbeatable culture

The people

The lack of guidance, very fast training

The best on the street

Advice to Management

Training to be a little more hands on for yourself and less crammed in such a short time frame

Investment Banking focused on M&A
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on a variety of deals (including live deals) and having access to senior bankers

Unpredictable hours, but that is expected in any investment banking role

Do research on whether or not you are interested in investment banking before joining. If you are interest then Evercore is a great place to work.

All around the best internship in finance
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior mentors, unmatched level of responsibility with numerous people available to help if guidance is needed, HR structures the program so that interns form great friendships over the course of summer, outings planned almost every week to keep morale high, and absolutely the best training program

Investment banking hours are rigorous, but Evercore does a great job of creating a work-life balance through company-sponsored outings and events (so this really isn't as much of a con as at other firms)

Evercore is the best place to be on Wall Street. The firm really cares about you, compensation is among the highest in the industry, and if you do decide to use the firm as a launchpad to other careers the exit opportunities are top notch

Typical investment banking technical questions but in greater depth than at other firms.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Fantastic
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were great to work with and the senior people served as great mentors throughout the process.

I didn't dislike anything in all honestly. Loved the experience.

It has a great culture with very smart people.

Great people, great place to work and the best experience you can get in energy investment banking
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, deal significance and deal experience

I truly liked everything

Work here if you get the chance, the people and what you get to work on are great.

What are some recent upstream or midstream deals that have caught your attention?

Advice to Management

Truly, nothing. My summer experience was incredible.