Evercore Partners Investment Banking Summer Analyst and Associate Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Banking & Finance Internships  /  #2 Best Internships for MBA Candidates  /  #5 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

The best finance experience you can get as a junior in college.

Access to senior leadership, career development, working on complex financial models, working with extremely smart superiors and peers, team building activities, having a great summer analyst class, gaining client exposure.

The hours are long

Many extremely smart and talented people, lean deal teams, strong exposure to clients, ability to learn complex financial modeling, highly selective summer applicant process (maintain high GPA, having a previous internship and strong extracurriculars helps). People here are passionate about finance.

Advice to Management

Start promoting the top analysts to associate after two years.

Date: 2013

Evercore investment banking summer camp - mingle and model

Getting to know so many people at the firm, forming close bonds with all of the other summer analysts, learning from all the patient mentors, getting to work on real deals and get good deal experience, and going on all the awesome firm-wide events

Unpredictability of the hours

Not only is Evercore one of the fastest growing investment bank and participates in some of the biggest deals each year, it continues to grab hold of a tight-nit culture. Everyone at the firm is so willing to teach and make sure you learn. Everyone loves to have fun and truly enjoy working with each other. That's the kind of environment you want to be in.

Date: 2013

Top quality investment banking with great people

Great people, broad exposure to all levels of the organization, generalist program

Long hours and unpredictable schedules, but that is the norm of the industry

Evercore is a great firm with excellent, high-caliber employees. As an apprenticeship model, Evercore is the perfect place to learn and harbors a culture of asking questions

Date: 2013

The best internship in banking.

The best aspects of the internship were how much I learned over the summer. I was staffed on live deals as well as pitches. Working on these projects increased my technical knowledge of finance, improved my excel and financial modeling skills, and provided me with a valuable skill set I can use across multiple firms or industries. If I didn't know something, my full-time coworkers were willing to take the time to explain the concept until I understood it. If I was busy with one project, people on other teams usually understood why I couldn't work on their project immediately.

My least favorite part was that after firm social events, you are still expected to finish your work that you would have been doing during the time of the event. I think this happens across most firms though.

When you talk to firms, pay attention to whether people seem content with their firm or they seem like they hate their lives. There are many differences I saw between Evercore and other firms. From a day to day basis though, I thought it was valuable to be at a shop where people enjoy being there.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if people could be up for promotion ahead of the set timetable. I get that almost every firm is very rigid and standardized that you spend 2-3 years as an analyst, 3.5 as an associate, 3 as a VP, etc. but if someone is ready to be promoted, I think they should have that opportunity.

Date: 2013

I felt as though the firm did its best to make sure that I got what I wanted out of my summer experience and treated me well.

The largest pro for me was that I was a generalist for the summer and had the opportunity to work with many different groups. Now I have a better idea of how each group operates and can request to work with the groups that fit me best when I return. The firm also did a great job on making sure that you were busy, but not too busy and if you were beginning to feel overwhelmed it was ok to turn down additional projects. Another highlight of the summer for me were the social events, which were frequent and allowed for close interactions with Partners.

I don't have any cons about the internship. The other interns and I were continually asked if we had any feedback regarding the internship program, and what small feedback we had the firm was quick to fix/implement (this is a big bonus of working at a firm with a smaller internship class).

Overall I had a great internship experience at Evercore. Two things that I think were great about the firm were 1) the firm is continuing to grow whereas some of the larger banks are contracting and 2) the firm has a spot for every intern that it brings in so there is no competition between the interns and the stress level regarding receiving an offer is greatly reduced.

Wonderful summer

Collegiality

Unpredictable hours

Great place to work.

Date: 2013

Best banking experience I could have asked for

- People - Work-life balance

- Hours were bad on certain days

- Work hard and learn a lot

Date: 2013

A challenging environment that fosters the development of financial knowledge

challenging well compensated access to superiors

long hours difficult work

Given the small size of the firm, candidates who excelled also took the initiative to seek out work during the summer.

Life at the highest pitch of intensity: The Evercore Experience

Working with some of the smartest people I have ever met in an extremely friendly and intense manner.

Nothing - I enjoyed every minute of my time at Evercore.

You learn more at Evercore because more is expected of you - we hire the best analyst class on Wall Street and every single of our hires loves their time here. There's a reason we have the highest retention rate among all of our peers.

Date: 2013

amazing culture; I couldn't do banking anywhere else but Evercore after this summer

culture; how senior management actually cares about making sure the younger ones are getting a great experience

I wish my projects weren't so crazy so I could try out more groups and take on more modeling work

Culture is extremely important at Evercore so the recruiting team looks for candidates who are outgoing and friendly in addition to intelligent and hard working.

Advice to Management

Giving us more responsibility- allowing us to do more modeling work and analyst-level work towards the end. (However, I do understand that projects are time sensitive so interns might not always be able to take on more challenging work.)