Evercore Advisory Summer Analyst and Summer Associate Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #1 Best Investment Bank Internships  /  #8 Best Overall Internships

No better place to start a career in Investment Banking
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Firm culture was absolutely amazing - no face time and no senseless work. Junior employees (interns, analysts and associates) were all VERY willing to help cover each other's work when stuff comes up. There's just a huge collaborative atmosphere at work so over the summer, I was never worried about 'competing' with other interns and I definitely see how this culture really flows through the entire firm.

Deal flow and deal experience was also amazing this summer. Even as an intern, I got to work on a whole host of amazing projects. The firm trusted me enough to give me real work to do on these projects too so I actually felt like I was contributing.

Training program was done in-house by analysts and associates at the firm, instead of farming it out to agencies like Wall Street Training. This means that the training was incredibly personal, very tailored to specific needs and far more in-depth and effective. I learned a lot from the entire program.

We only found out about whether we were getting a return offer on the last day of work, AFTER the end-of-internship celebration dinner (which was the second last day of work) so it made it a little hard to enjoy the celebration since we didn't know if we were actually getting a return offer yet.

There's no doubt in my mind that Evercore is the perfect place to get your feet wet in Investment Banking. The firm is well-respected and you'll get to work on the same big name clients and projects that Bulge Brackets work on, but at the same time the firm culture is infinitely better and you don't feel like just a cog. I can't stress culture enough - if you're going to be working the hours you do in Banking, you'll definitely appreciate the very relaxed, open and collaborative culture at Evercore. Plus, Evercore has historically given out return offers to every single intern so there's no need to 'compete' with fellow interns.

The best of the best
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, training, quality of work, impactful work

Nothing. I really enjoyed my time and signed my offer immediately.

Come in very prepared. Quality of interns around you is very high.

Highly technical interview process.

Advice to Management

It's perfect really.

Best place to do banking
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, deal flow, mentorship, learning opportunities, having legitimate responsibilities

typical things associated with banking- unpredictable hours

The best part about this firm is the people. I genuinely like the people I work with and actually hang out with them outside of work. It's a environment to be in, and it's fun learning from such smart, yet approachable, down-to-earth type people

Great opportunity and experience

People, learning experience, compensation

At times, demanding schedule/hours

Focus and make the most of your opportunity

exceptional experience with great people

deal exposure

occasional long hours

be prepared to be given a lot of responsibility

Great people and great work at a great firm.

Culture, M&A work, hours

Experience is highly industry vertical dependent

When considering a career at Evercore, be sure to evaluate how your priorities align with working at an independent advisory firm as opposed to a bulge bracket investment bank.

How can you increase returns on an LBO? How do you unlever beta? Explain M&A to your grandparents. Does the valuation of a firm increase or decrease if you use the mid-year convention?

Advice to Management

I would recommend that the firm make experiences at the firm less group-dependent. Some groups encourage appear to encourage a 3-year analyst stint, which may not be aligned with some of the analyst's career goals.

You work hard but you are learning every second
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

You are always learning. The work is super interesting.

The hours are very hard. But, since you are learning new skills every day the time goes by fast.

Work hard. Have a positive attitude. Be very detail oriented.

Advice to Management

Be more conscious of time management.

Best professional experience of my life
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the people were super amazing, even the senior people

Sometimes we had long hours

Try your best during the internship :)

All around the best internship in finance
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to senior mentors, unmatched level of responsibility with numerous people available to help if guidance is needed, HR structures the program so that interns form great friendships over the course of summer, outings planned almost every week to keep morale high, and absolutely the best training program

Investment banking hours are rigorous, but Evercore does a great job of creating a work-life balance through company-sponsored outings and events (so this really isn't as much of a con as at other firms)

Evercore is the best place to be on Wall Street. The firm really cares about you, compensation is among the highest in the industry, and if you do decide to use the firm as a launchpad to other careers the exit opportunities are top notch

Typical investment banking technical questions but in greater depth than at other firms.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Incredible learning experience and a great start to a career in the financial world.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very focused building a strong culture amongst the intern classes which breeds a healthy competitiveness in the workplace.

Of course in any banking job hours are not ideal but this is not specific to Evercore. It is a general statement about the industry.

Evercore is an incredible firm for a young person to work at because, unlike many competitors, it gives junior employees a real opportunity to make an impact