About Capital One Analyst Internship Program

At Capital One, we think big and do big things. We were the first company to develop and offer mass customization and personalization of credit card products, and we have been innovating relentlessly ever since. Today, we are a nationally recognized brand, a top 10 bank, and a scientific laboratory on a journey to become a leading high-tech company and digital innovator touching over 65 million customer accounts. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rich Fairbank, Capital One has grown to $22 billion in revenue in less than 20 years, providing an array of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. To serve these customers, our goal is simple - bring ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to banking.

Our interns help us deliver on this pledge to change the industry and are involved with some of Capital One's most critical business decisions. They work with the best and brightest in a collaborative, team-oriented environment. As a Capital One intern, students have the opportunity to interact with our business leaders and learn how our people use the 'test-and-learn' approach to drive innovation.

The Analyst Internship Program allows students the opportunity to learn, building immensely rewarding careers that begin with Capital One. Interns are full-fledged members of the team--engaged from day one through structured training, a diverse set of experiences, a network of peers across the company, and leadership opportunities. This program is designed to provide exposure to real, complex operational projects, executive speakers, team building activities, and associate presentations and discussions.

Ideal candidates for our Analyst Internship Program are top-performing students who excel at analytic problem solving and have a desire to re-engineer processes, quantify business impacts, and be part of major corporate initiatives.

What Interns Can Expect:

• Training and Development - Honing their analytical, quantitative skills and soft skills through our award-winning Capital One University.
  • Executive Speakers - Hearing from our senior executives as they share their history and vision and offer guidance as you start your career.
  • Team Building Activities - Developing relationships with intern peers, associates and executives at planned social events throughout the summer.
  • Associate Presentations and Discussions - Learning from current associates as they discuss their projects, roles and how to be successful within a premier financial services organization.

As a part of the Analyst Internship Program, projects may include:

• Spearheading analysis on a cross-functional team to develop effective revenue strategy
  • Developing capacity models and designing reporting to improve cost management
  • Testing trade-off revenue and credit losses and making recommendations for optimal outcome
  • Identifying business opportunities to increase transactional volume from existing customer base
  • Analyzing customer responses to particular combinations of product terms
- Show Less + Show Full Description