Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

Could not have asked for a better experience

Burbank, CA | October 2016 | FORMER INTERN

-The people
-The relationship building opportunities
-The mentorship
-The fun programming like classes, lunches with creators & execs, etc.
-The studio's overall culture
-The volunteer opportunities (painted a mural at a local school)
-The hands-on work experience

Cannot think of a single negative aspect of this internship!

Comments

This internship really lets you be yourself, explore new opportunities, and have a lot of fun! The best things you can do to work towards getting an internship at NAS are proving you're passionate about the company, demonstrating your work ethic, and letting your personality shine!

Most amazing summer ever

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the environment. Everyone was so welcoming.

Nothing, it was great.

Be detail oriented and manage your time well! Be social!

Advice to Management

N/A

What are your hobbies?

Why do you think you fit this internship?

This internship taught me what it takes to be a truly hard working and dedicated team member in the entertainment industry.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were truly amazing workshops and lectures from various artists and creators at Nickelodeon. And all my supervisors and fellow co-workers were extremely kind and truly loved what they do for a living.

I honestly cannot think of anything that I disliked during my time at Nickelodeon!

This company is a truly wonderful company that really cares about the well-being of their employees and want to make them as comfortable and happy as possible. It's a truly nurturing environment for artists and creatively driven employees.

Advice to Management

More amazing events, workshops and team building exercises.

What makes me a great team player, what makes me stand out among my peers and what are my ambitions in life.

Nickelodeon makes the World Go Round

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

lively workplace culture, fun and caring employees, open door policy, mentorship, classes (like writing, storyboarding and show development), speaking with creators, sitting in on picture lock sessions, recording sessions, mix sessions, spotting sessions, painting a mural for our community service project, free food

Slow days: very little work was given to me.

It is a wonderful environment where you can experience as much of the pre-production, production and post production pipelines as you want. You have the ability to speak with SVPs and VPs because they love sharing their experiences and want you to succeed and reach your goals.

Advice to Management

Longer internship program (I don't want to leave).

Tell me about yourself.
What is your favorite Nickelodeon Show?
Describe a difficult moment and how you overcame it.
What is your experience with post-production?

Nickternships: a balance of fun, learning, growth, friendship, and slime!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The program managers were extremely helpful and genuine with their interns. They were able to situate all of us in departments/productions that best suit our interests and skills.
The program itself was amazing: getting to meet with studio professionals and execs and hearing their stories made for an insightful experience. Everyone at the studio also appreciates their interns and treats them as equals.
The classes were SO helpful and also fun. The program is a great balance of learning and having fun.
Working on my production as an intern was a good learning opportunity- I got to actually contribute to the show but wasn't overwhelmed with too much work.

I disliked absolutely nothing about the internship.

Have a good resume and cover letter. You should know about the company's history but also keep up to date with their current shows. Being genuinely passionate about Nickelodeon is also a huge plus- they love passion and finding people that grew up with their cartoons. You do not need to have a crazy amount of experience or go to the best school to get in (like myself); you just need to show them how "orange" you can be!

Didn't Know A Job Could Be This Rewarding, Inspiring, And FUN!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

- My supervisors have become my go-to mentors; I know how much they care about me and they are rooting for my success.
- The other NICKterns have become more than just my coworkers; the internship brought together a bunch of unique but passionate people and we all thrive because of it.
- The opportunities to learn from the industry's best are plentiful and amazing. I got to meet with people who shaped my childhood, and they gave me advice to grow in this business.
- I got to do real, hands on work and actually feel my impact in the company. I was a member of my department's team, not just their intern.
- I was able to sit in on a recording session, a research session, and a writer's rooms; all things that even EMPLOYEES who work here don't get to do.
- There is constantly free food and free swag. Such a perk.

Can't think of anything negative to say! Maybe just the fact that my family is back on the east coast, so I missed them this summer. But that's not even internship-related!

If you can be a NICKtern, be a NICKtern! NAS loves hiring from its former intern pool, which is a huge leg up if you're trying to work here. As an intern, you're allowed to do almost anything. So my tip would be to take initiative, soak in as much as you can, meet as many people as you can, ask as many questions as you can, DO as much as you can.

Advice to Management

I haven't had a single problem with management. The interns' treatment is MORE than fair compensation, programing, and retention-wise.

- What makes you passionate about working at Nick Animation Studio?
- What about you makes you stand out among the applicant pool?
- Which Nick character do you think you're most like and why?

There's Nothing Better Than Being a NICKtern!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The absolutely unique work culture and people. Everyone is so open to talk with, and there is a great socialization aspect that makes the entire studio feel like a family. The internship program also provided a lot of classes specifically for interns to learn about different departments and meet with series creators, so Nick really cherishes the experience of their interns to make sure they get the best before they leave.

Absolutely nothing!

Nickelodeon has a unique work culture that really gives you a full experience. From classes to special events and an open-door policy to meet with anyone in the building, be ready to socialize and just absorb everything you learn here!

Advice to Management

Nothing! My internship experience was fantastic.

Tell us a little about yourself, why do you want to work for Nickelodeon, what can you bring to the company

Spend the summer surrounded by the most welcoming employees at one of the top creative animation companies in history.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Daily classes created by Nickelodeon's HR team, where we were able to sit down with Vice Presidents, Executives, Creators and former interns to listen to stories about their experiences and hear advice about how to start our careers.

I can honestly 100% say there was absolutely nothing I disliked about my internship. This was the best thing to ever happen to me.

Be ready to hit the ground running once you start here. Nickelodeon has an open-door policy, and there are hundred of amazing people that you can meet with in your time here. If you want to work as a production or creative in the Animation industry, this is the absolute best way to get your foot in the door.

Advice to Management

Honestly, I loved my internship and have no advice to give! I think that, when the new building opens and the interns aren't scattered around buildings, it will be a little easier on the commute. However, that will happen within the next few months, so no worries there!

How would your professors describe you? Why are you interested in Nickelodeon? Can you give examples of when you were faced with a stressful situation and how you resolved it?

Nickelodeon: When you decide to listen to your childhood self and make cartoons for a living.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Easily the best aspect of working at Nickelodeon was getting to meet so many incredible and talented people. You can organize a meeting with just about anyone at Nick if you're polite, passionate, and not afraid to ask. Not only that, but when you do meet them, you quickly discover that everyone there has a story, everyone has a ton of wisdom that they can share about their own journey (the vast majority of which I still use today), and they're immensely supportive. It's a remarkably supportive and creative environment.

If you were allowed to intern for multiple semesters, that would've made it perfect.

If you're truly passionate about animation and the chance to breathe life into stories that will become a part of the next generation's childhood memories and inspirations, Nickelodeon is the place for you. Be sure to stay positive, be open to learning any and everything, and treat your peers and mentors with respect, and Nick will be the best (and most fun) place you'll ever get to work.

Advice to Management

When I was at the studio, we had intern profiles that we got to fill out and that we saw broadcast on electronic boards. I'm not sure if those ever had any circulation outside internal use, but it might be cool to see that kind of thing on social media or other platforms. It would be cool for aspiring artists or underclassmen from our schools/animation programs to see them and realize that they could pretty easily do what we did and be a part of Nick too.

- Describe a time when you've used multitasking to overcome a difficult challenge.
- Have you ever faced conflict with someone you've worked with? How did you resolve this conflict?
- Why are you passionate about animation, and what do you most want to do in this industry?

Nickelodeon Internships: A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity I'll Never Regret

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think the office culture and my intern cohort were definitely the best aspects of the internship. The people I met and befriended were amazing, and helped me to discover ambitions that I never knew I had until coming here. I've never been exposed to a group of people that were so kind and dedicated to helping you grow as an individual. It's been a great ride.

The pay isn't as competitive as other internships you could have, and it was difficult to relocate as they do not provide assistance. But where there's a will, there's a way.

Know what you want to get out of the internship and why. It's easy to lose track of time once you're there, because you'll be running around doing a bunch of different things. It may be a job, but you're also there to learn. So don't be afraid to ask questions. Nickelodeon has a very open and friendly culture. You can literally talk to anybody and hold informational interviews with them. Take advantage of this.

Advice to Management

Assisting with relocation would be a huge help to people who come from across the country!

Why do you want to intern for Nickelodeon?