Intern at Nickelodeon NICKternship Program? Submit a Review

Nickelodeon Internship Provides Insight to all Careers in Animation

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of people who were willing to talk one-on-one about their career path and give professional advice.

I did not like how short it was. Ten weeks is not enough time.

Have one career choice in mind, but also be willing and prepared to learn about all the departments.

The best experience and opportunity you could ever have!

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The professionalism of the crews and all who work at Nickelodeon, they're willingness to help you succeed, the incredibility fun environment it is to work in and how much you will learn from working with an amazing group of people. I could go on and on!

There was nothing I least liked or did not like about internship. It was the best experience and opportunity that I would recommend to anyone!

1. Research and do your homework! Know who your applying to, know the work they do, be familiar with the work if you don't already know it. 2. Be yourself! Don't pretend to be different just for the sake of "getting the job". Be genuine and confident. 3. Don't be afraid to ask questions. It can be intimidating but you will only learn that much more by asking questions and having genuine interest in learning.

Why do you want to work here?
What are your favorite shows?
Tell us more about yourself.

A much needed experience and exposure to the industry

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Engaging, Networking opportunities, Positive atmosphere, Hands on learning with programs used in the industry.

Wish it would last longer :)

This one is hard to say since, i've grown up with Nickelodeon.

Advice to Management

I would say a bit more exposure to more of the production side of things.

Why do I want to be in production?

What are my strengths and weaknesses?

The best 10 weeks of my work life.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with everyone from other interns to VPs and other executives, internship classes on various topics and departments, intern events and game nights, getting hands on experience in the industry(ex: working at the Kids Choice Awards, Comic Con, studio records, etc.), the kind and welcoming people, friendships, and more.

everything was great!

Be open to networking with everyone in the studio and in different departments and with executives. Take advantage of the openness of people and the atmosphere at nick to expand your knowledge and network.

Why do you think Nick has grown to be one of the most successful animation studios in the industry and why have they continued to grow for so many years?

Nickternship: Internship or Summer Camp? Most Rewarding Summer Yet!

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were free classes for interns taught by Nick artists (character design, storyboarding, etc.) We also had game night which allowed the intern class to bond. I was allowed free time during my day to meet with Nick artists and learn about their story and how they got into the industry. The culture at Nick is like one big family, and it seemed like everyone wants you to succeed.

Nothing at all

If you are an artist, do not expect to do a lot of creative work during the internship. The internship is more of a stepping stone to get you a job as an artist full-time. It is completely worthwhile and is a great way to get your foot in the door to animation. You will learn so much about the pipeline from production to casting to sound design of a TV show.

Advice to Management

More women! More women art directors, artists, etc. The balance is still very uneven.

What is your favorite Nick show? What would you do if faced with a problem at work and I, your supervisor, wasn't available to help you? What kinds of questions would you ask if you were interviewing someone for the internship? How are you different from your other candidates up for this role?

Best Animation Internship Ever

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

How open the studio and the people are at Nick. Everyone is more than happy to answer questions or show you how to do things and you can set up lunch/coffee meetings with pretty much anyone in the studio to learn more about what they do. On top of the day-to-day experience of working with a production team, you truly leave the internship with not only knowledge of the animation industry, but an extensive network.

I wish I had a schedule that had been more open, so I could take advantage of everything the internship had to offer. I had my internship during the spring semester, so still had to go to classes and work while in my internship. Due to this, I ended up not being able to various lunches/classes the internship offered.

Nickelodeon is truly an amazing place to work and if you get the internship, take as much advantage of everything that is offered to you. Talk to as many people as possible and go above and beyond during your internship. 10 weeks goes by very fast, so hit the ground running your first week.

Advice to Management

The only downside at Nickelodeon right now is that they are not picking up a ton of projects, so when there are job openings, it often goes to people already in the studio. So while you will have an fantastic and amazing experience as an intern, landing a job is not necessarily a guarantee.

1) explain a stressful situation and how you handled it
2)asked questions about previous jobs on my resume
3) be able to explain why you want to intern at Nick and say more than "being a fan of Nickelodeon". Do research on the company, shows etc
4)be genuine

the most amazing experience you could have interning at an animation studio

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

there was an incredible system of support and morale building. the seeds they planted will last a lifetime, everyone feels more confident while there...

some rules were really strictly applied, such as business-casual dress code, my supervisor told me not to adhere to it too strictly in order to better relate to the employees

given the company's reputation, they should just know to display a passion for creating cartoons / contributing to it

where do you see yourself going in your career? what are your career goals?

Incredible life-changing experience with benefits that last a lifetime!

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Not only was the internship job itself interesting and fulfilling, but the regular employees at the studio went above and beyond to talk to us interns. They taught us about either different artistic and production jobs and the processes involved within each one. Most everyone there was genuinely kind and wore bright smiles. It truly it a wonderful place to work no matter what position one may have there.

I have absolutely zero cons with my internship experience. It was all amazing.

Put your best self forward! This internship is an incredible opportunity to meet some great legends in the animation industry and to learn from their experiences.

During the interview I was asked what shows I knew about and liked on the Nickelodeon channel. It's okay to list a few classic shows (like Rugrats, Invader ZIM, etc), but show them that you did your research and list off a few of their very new shows too (The Loud House, Glitch Techs, and TMNT, etc)! They like to know that you're familiar with a wide range of their content.

Best Internship Ever Unfortunately Comes To A Close

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to learn about social media while on the job, and having the opportunity to take classes/meet with employees about other positions at the company.

I wish there were more event opportunities.

Interns should know that there are very high expectations of them before they accept their position.

One of the best and most rewarding experiences of my life. I learned more than I could've hoped for and met so many amazing people.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunities, people, mentorship aspects, and overall experience.

Occasional lack of communication with what was going on.

I'm honestly not really sure... I feel like I was fully prepared because Nickelodeon is such a well-known company.

Advice to Management

More communication / transparency within the program about potential jobs and internship extensions.

Which Nickelodeon character do you identify with the most and why?
How would your previous boss describe you?