Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 88 Intern Reviews)

Fantastic Animation Internship Experience
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to take part in the production of a show and being able to contribute to the final product. Also the classes that are offered after work hours. Having the ability to meet with working artists. The fact that a lot of past interns who were hired look out for the new interns.

There was nothing that I did not like about the internship.

This is a great place to network and gain industry knowledge of the animation industry. Always find ways to help and meet new people.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

A Stupendous Adventure Where Every Day I Learned, Was Challenged, & Was Happy Every Moment I Spent Working
Anaheim, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had many supervisors and they were all so nice, helpful, and willing to trust me with responsibility and teach me new things. I was able to work on a huge variety of shows and projects. And I got the chance to experience many aspects of the studio process and work with a lot of people in different areas that were willing to take time to meet with me. It was such a well-rounded and always enjoyable experience.

I wished it would have lasted longer. I loved it so much!

Whether you are making copies or attending a recording session you will love working here every minute of every day. I dreamed about working here, but could have never imagined just how wonderful it would actually be. In the last few weeks I have learned and grown so much. Every person I worked with, whether they were in my department or not, was extremely welcoming and willing to help me or talk to me.The skills I have acquired here are invaluable. And I feel like I am now much more prepared and confident about working in this field in my future career.

Advice to Management

Like I said before, an option to continue on with the internship for a longer period of time would be great. Perhaps having more intern classes during the day verses at night would be good too. But other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

Fantastic!
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

A lot of Perks, networking opportunities, real life experience, and opportunity to interact with friendly people.

It was too short!

Definitely worth every moment spent as an intern. Soak up as much as you can.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they are doing. These folks didn't have to do any of the stuff for us interns. They were very generous!

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Best real life work experience

Networking

Unpaid internship

Strong work ethic

Advice to Management

Help past Interns find jobs in the industry. Stay connected with past interns to notify them of any opportunities.

This job is not work when you enjoy what you do.

Mentorship

More hours

Organization

Nickternally grateful
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real life experience and training, the Nicktern comradely and professionalism, and getting to meet and work with some of the most skilled artists and storytellers in the industry. Oh and the food!

That I was in the last unpaid intern class.

Nickelodeon is a network of creative fun-loving individuals bent on leading the way in kids television.

Advice to Management

Entry level compensation could be more competitive, as well as offering health opportunities like fitness classes.

Work Hard and Receive the Best!
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities and the classes.

I had a little too much down time.

Always be on time, act professional, and do whatever work your supervisor asks you to do even if you don't want to do it.

Advice to Management

Nothing, they're great!

This internship is the job anyone could ever dream of having.
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting the people who are successful in the industry and them giving you advice and helping you succeed as much as they did. Everyone was super friendly and always willing to help.

There is nothing I did not like about the internship.

Always be grateful, friendly, polite, do your job, and take advantage of your time as an intern.

Advice to Management

I think more training in communication is really important in the industry. Whether it's in person, email, or phone calls, having manners or being polite is really significant.

Awesome place full of awesome people
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Employees were so open and friendly to sitting down one on one with the interns.

Finding fit living arrangements and commuting to work.

Be friendly and open to everything. Nickelodeon is full of nice people and they're just looking to work with more nice people.

A great experience. Helps you with your present and future career.
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work environment, the people, it's all great.. They really appreciate and look out for the interns here. Many people, not only available, but wanting to mentor and guide you. Classes for interns that are fun and helpful. I don't think that I can ask for any more from an internship. A real life changing experience.

I couldn't stay any longer.

Be motivated, make sure you let everyone know that you are motivated to learn and work here.

Advice to Management

I don't think that I can ask for any more from Nickelodeon.