Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

A Stupendous Adventure Where Every Day I Learned, Was Challenged, & Was Happy Every Moment I Spent Working

I had many supervisors and they were all so nice, helpful, and willing to trust me with responsibility and teach me new things. I was able to work on a huge variety of shows and projects. And I got the chance to experience many aspects of the studio process and work with a lot of people in different areas that were willing to take time to meet with me. It was such a well-rounded and always enjoyable experience.

I wished it would have lasted longer. I loved it so much!

Whether you are making copies or attending a recording session you will love working here every minute of every day. I dreamed about working here, but could have never imagined just how wonderful it would actually be. In the last few weeks I have learned and grown so much. Every person I worked with, whether they were in my department or not, was extremely welcoming and willing to help me or talk to me.The skills I have acquired here are invaluable. And I feel like I am now much more prepared and confident about working in this field in my future career.

Advice to Management

Like I said before, an option to continue on with the internship for a longer period of time would be great. Perhaps having more intern classes during the day verses at night would be good too. But other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

Fantastic Animation Internship Experience

Being able to take part in the production of a show and being able to contribute to the final product. Also the classes that are offered after work hours. Having the ability to meet with working artists. The fact that a lot of past interns who were hired look out for the new interns.

There was nothing that I did not like about the internship.

This is a great place to network and gain industry knowledge of the animation industry. Always find ways to help and meet new people.

Date: 2013

Best real life work experience

Networking

Unpaid internship

Strong work ethic

Advice to Management

Help past Interns find jobs in the industry. Stay connected with past interns to notify them of any opportunities.

Fantastic!

A lot of Perks, networking opportunities, real life experience, and opportunity to interact with friendly people.

It was too short!

Definitely worth every moment spent as an intern. Soak up as much as you can.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they are doing. These folks didn't have to do any of the stuff for us interns. They were very generous!

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Date: 2013

This job is not work when you enjoy what you do.

Mentorship

More hours

Organization

Date: 2013

Best summer and the best work experience I have ever had.

The interns were asked to actual work in the studio, which means my skills were put to test, and improved through the course of the internship. The interns were also welcomed to approach people in the studio for advice, and to talk about their work. Overall, it was a welcoming, friendly place to work in, where everyone you met was inspiring.

I honestly can't think of anything. The program was transitioning from an unpaid internship to a paid one, so there was a bit of confusion regarding certain scheduling of activities, but otherwise it was all very well organized.

Give 100% from the minute you are inside the doors of the studio. Everyone at the studio is friendly and willing to help if you are polite and hardworking. Take chances, and be active!

Date: 2013

Amazing learning experience unlike anything offered in school.

So many opportunities to connect with professionals and build relationships.

N/A. I enjoyed everything.

Be willing to do anything with no complaints.

Advice to Management

Provide even more exciting classes and trainings.

Fantastic

Networking

Nothing - I loved it all

Everyone at the studio is always willing to sit down with you and help you learn.

Advice to Management

Paying interns would be great

Date: 2013

Awesome place full of awesome people

Employees were so open and friendly to sitting down one on one with the interns.

Finding fit living arrangements and commuting to work.

Be friendly and open to everything. Nickelodeon is full of nice people and they're just looking to work with more nice people.

Nickternally grateful

The real life experience and training, the Nicktern comradely and professionalism, and getting to meet and work with some of the most skilled artists and storytellers in the industry. Oh and the food!

That I was in the last unpaid intern class.

Nickelodeon is a network of creative fun-loving individuals bent on leading the way in kids television.

Advice to Management

Entry level compensation could be more competitive, as well as offering health opportunities like fitness classes.