Intern at Nickelodeon NICKternship Program? Submit a Review

Opportunity and networking in the most friendly way possible.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The availability of employees of every kind at the studio, the opportunities to sit in on everything and meet people, and learning about professional animation development and the scope of it. Opportunities to test for shows and hear from experienced professionals.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, I don't have any complaints to be honest.

TAKE ADVANTAGE. Meet with people and begin to pursue your interests. Build bonds, not just to build them, but to learn and know people. Be friendly and positive, but not fake. Be yourself. Help everyone, you aren't competing with anyone but your best self.

The best learning experience of my life. I made life long friends and connections in this place.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the opportunities to have informational interviews with executives, the Nickelodeon experience, being treated as a regular colleague and not just an intern.

Pay is a bit low.

Bring your best attitude. This place is all about the people and if you are not excited to work here everyday you won't make the most out of your time there.

What is a weakness you have?
Why did you choose these departments to intern with?
What's your favorite Nickelodeon character and why?

Amazing learning experience with friendly helpful people

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

classes, one on one meetings, friendly, helpful

demands for extracurricular work to get noticed were extremely high- felt like a huge negative impact if you were forced to decline an event/ request

Take notes, try not to get discouraged, try not to take on too much, don't worry about getting a job after the internship just work hard and enjoy your time there

Advice to Management

Let the interns know it's ok to say no if they have to, make them feel comfortable if they aren't able to do something rather than feeling guilty or pressure. So long as they try hard and give it their best they shouldn't be expected to meet all demands at all times, especially if they cant come in full time.

Amazing Internship Focuses on Building Professional Relationships and Facilitating Interns' Growth

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Nickelodeon internship gives you opportunities to learn a lot about one specific department, but also learn a lot about the studio as a whole. The studio places a heavy emphasis on community. I was not only close with the people in my department, but also interns in other departments and full-time employees in other departments. Employees there are very willing to meet with interns and give them advice. There are also a lot of perks, such as social events and classes, provided to interns.

I didn't really dislike anything about my experience at Nickelodeon.

Nickelodeon is looking passionate, considerate, professional people. Be yourself and show what makes you unique during the interview process.

An incredible opportunity within an incredible company and network

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

the ability to network around the studio so freely, the intern lunches/classes, intern group events, the environment of the company, the actual building which boosts morale on a day to day basis, the constant warm welcome from all of the employees

I do not have any complaints

I think this internship is an amazing opportunity and even if you are not hired in the immediate position you wish to be in, the company culture is incredibly supportive and will help get you to that position in such a short amount of time

RADICAL!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I love that its so focused on helping the intern learn and immerse themselves within the animation industry

It's minimum wage, but that makes sense.... it just makes it hard to account for costs of commuting/living

Remember to make sure you're financially stable enough to do the internship, calculate all that out... but you'll have a BLAST when you're here!!!

Learn the ropes in the industry and build lasting working relationships.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

coworkers, management of internship, classes and other interns

nothing i can think of.

it's a really friendly and comfortable work environment. people really judge you based on your merit and as long as you do your work and work hard you'll have an amazing time.

Advice to Management

I wish there was more employee retention; but it's a bit impossible in this industry.

"tell us more about the projects you worked on at school?
"what nick shows did you watch as a kid?"
"how do you solve problems or conflict in a group situation?"
"how do you like working in a team? are you a team player?"

Intense but rewarding internship gains you friends, plenty of opportunities to learn and real workplace experience.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The structure of the entire internship is fantastic, I've never been through anything so well done. From intern classes to lunches with executives to game nights, there was a true caring for the intern experience from the HR team that designed the program.

Possibly as someone who had already a good deal of experience in the television industry, I found almost all of my tasks quite easy, and was able to complete them quickly. I had tried to branch out into more challenging work, but I found that many of the supervisors had a hard time entrusting me with it, despite the ease I had been able to accomplish my previous tasks.

Going into the internship it is actively encouraged to meet with as many people as you can (within reason, of course). This is of great benefit to you, as many employees are happy to sit down and let you pick their brains for an hour or so over lunch, and is a great learning experience. If you feel like you will have a hard time meeting with people one-on-one, maybe you should reconsider the internship, because of it's high social interaction likelihood on any given day. Or, use it as an opportunity to bolster that area of yourself!

Advice to Management

As a foreign person I would love to see more of an effort made to hire interns that come from other countries. As happy as I was to intern at Nick, I wish there was more of a push to hire me, visa hurdles aside.

- Why Nickelodeon?
- Many questions based on resume
- Where do you see yourself in the future?

Library Science Student Helps Preserve Nickelodeon’s history

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working intimately with my department and helping organize and execute preservation strategies for Nickelodeon’s digital and physical assets.

The pay wasn't great.

Be enthusiastic about what you do, but also conduct yourself professionally at all times (even when meeting the creator of your favorite Nicktoon).

Advice to Management

I think Nick should try to pay their interns a bit more. Especially when various interns are relocating to participate in the internship program.

My employer asked me various question pertaining to my background with archives and archival work, so I guess it's very specific to the department conducting the interview.

Greatest experience of my life

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at the studio focuses heavily on supporting the interns. They get to meet and network with so many people and there are always events to get them acclimated to the industry.

I was not located at the main studio so it was harder for me to attend activities and meet with people.

Be yourself and have fun! These people aren't just employers and coworkers, they're friends.

Advice to Management

N/A

Do you play video games? If so, what kind of video games do you play?