Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

BEST. INTERNSHIP. EVER.

Definitely the people. Everyone at the studio is so friendly. The environment here is such an amazing one. Everyone is willing to help everyone, whether its the VP of Animation to an Intern. It's so easy to ask for help and learn here.

There wasn't much I didn't like about the internship. The only thing was that my department is very small (3 people).

My advice would just be to meet everyone you can. Everyone here is so friendly and willing to help. It's a great way to network!

Date: 2013

Working on "Dora the Explorer" provided a crash course in the animation process.

The courses that Nickelodeon offered throughout the course of the semester were easily the greatest part of the internship. Additionally, my supervisors were great - very understanding with all the questions I had and seemed genuinely interested in my thoughts and opinions.

Some days were slower than others, and on those days sometimes I felt as if I wasn't needed.

Go in with an open mind and set up as many meetings with other productions and departments as possible. Don't me nervous about it, because I was, and I regret not taking more meetings and informational sit downs when I had the chance.

Date: 2013

Awesome internship is awesome.

All the things i've learned and the connections i've made.

That I can't work all the time.

They people here have always been friendly and helpful. From the most important people to the people lower on the chain of command. If you have a dream the people at Nickelodeon will do their best to try and help you accomplish it!

Advice to Management

The only problem i've had is that I can't work as many hours as I want as it's not in my productions budget.

Date: 2013

Internship experience offers valuable professional experience, dedicated mentors, and great learning opportunities.

Access to informational meetings, mentorship within my department, professional development

Professional opportunities were not well facilitated by internship coordinators

Be mindful of making the most of your time during your internship. Maintain your role within your own department, and heed the advice of former interns and your supervisor - they will guide you well

Date: 2013

Priceless and unforgettable, this internship was a dream come true.

Learning about the industry and making contacts and friends by being inside of a studio in production was the best.

I did not like that it ended.

Be outgoing and friendly, Nickelodeon has a family-like atmosphere where people help people. Do not go in thinking what can I get for myself, rather think what can I contribute to the company. You will be repaid in experiences without even knowing it.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding of interns wanting to branch out and take on leadership.

Date: 2013

Nickelodeon may not illustrate a full-time experience, but it's not an opportunity to miss

The culture and access to brilliant show runners, artists, managers, geniuses, hard workers, and the overall the kindest most helpful people anyone could encounter

It was a bit competitive amongst the interns. There wasn't much micromanaging over us, but there was a significant transition period for those in charge that led to that. Some interns snatched opportunities and didn't care to share it, and though it may be a dog eat dog world it made the kind/generous teamwork-like culture of Nickelodeon start to fade.

Enjoy everything the program has to offer, I had to commute and was attending numerous classes and I regret each class and opportunity I missed. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and it is worth every second. You can gather information from almost anyone you desire and be sure to create friendships that will last because everyone at Nickelodeon is worth knowing

Advice to Management

I never experienced any issues or potential problems that would lead me to ask for them to change anything in this category

Date: 2012

great networking opportunities and perks in exchange for minimal grunt work

willingness of employees of all departments to meet with interns, lots of fun studio events, Nickelodeon's intern-specific classes

The production I was assigned to had very little work for their interns to do on a daily basis. It wasn't unusual for me to have a maximum of 2 hours of actual work per day.

The culture creates a super cool place to work and you'll be surrounded by amazing artists, however it can be difficult to get hired on as an artist because they want most people to start working in production first, which can be draining.

Advice to Management

There could be more quality control across productions. Some interns assigned to productions had lots of work and lots of opportunities to attend meetings, some (like my production) had very little work for interns and sometimes wouldn't say a word to us during an entire 8 hour day.

Date: 2012

A fantastic opportunity to learn from professionals in a hands on environment.

Ability to contribute to network shaping projects, a chance to meet and learn from skilled professionals, fun events and a welcoming cooperate culture

lack of compensation

The more put into the internship, the more you get out of it. Try to open your schedule in order to concentrate on nickelodeon and maximize the tremendous networking and work experience opportunity. Summer and right after graduation are the best times to intern.

Advice to Management

only being paid could make this internship better.

Date: 2012

Nickelodeon Animation Studio's Internship Program is one of the best internships availible in the field.

The culture at Nickelodeon Animation Studios is one of the best I've ever seen in a place of employment.

I wish there was more one on one time alloted with artists, but I understand that this is hard because everyone is working.

It's really one of the best places one could work at.

Advice to Management

As much as I loved this internship it really put me back financially, it wouldn't be that hard to offer minimum wage would it?

Re-experiencing Childhood

Interacting with the other interns Being able to interview employees of all ranks The activities that the internship program entailed Being able to participate in other Viacom interns events

I wish that I could have been exposed to more duties and work in my department but couldn't due to confidentiality reasons. It would be nice to attend actual pitch meetings with the professional. Also I was commuting almost 2 hours with traffic and so attending all the events was a bit difficult and also couldn't bond as soon as others because I wasn't living with most of the interns

Make sure to be open to all doors that could be an opportunity. Get ahead by scheduling interviews with as many people as possible and getting involved with the company network

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)