Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

Internship experience offers valuable professional experience, dedicated mentors, and great learning opportunities.

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to informational meetings, mentorship within my department, professional development

Professional opportunities were not well facilitated by internship coordinators

Be mindful of making the most of your time during your internship. Maintain your role within your own department, and heed the advice of former interns and your supervisor - they will guide you well

BEST. INTERNSHIP. EVER.

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Definitely the people. Everyone at the studio is so friendly. The environment here is such an amazing one. Everyone is willing to help everyone, whether its the VP of Animation to an Intern. It's so easy to ask for help and learn here.

There wasn't much I didn't like about the internship. The only thing was that my department is very small (3 people).

My advice would just be to meet everyone you can. Everyone here is so friendly and willing to help. It's a great way to network!

Awesome internship is awesome.

Santa Monica, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the things i've learned and the connections i've made.

That I can't work all the time.

They people here have always been friendly and helpful. From the most important people to the people lower on the chain of command. If you have a dream the people at Nickelodeon will do their best to try and help you accomplish it!

Advice to Management

The only problem i've had is that I can't work as many hours as I want as it's not in my productions budget.

Working on "Dora the Explorer" provided a crash course in the animation process.

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The courses that Nickelodeon offered throughout the course of the semester were easily the greatest part of the internship. Additionally, my supervisors were great - very understanding with all the questions I had and seemed genuinely interested in my thoughts and opinions.

Some days were slower than others, and on those days sometimes I felt as if I wasn't needed.

Go in with an open mind and set up as many meetings with other productions and departments as possible. Don't me nervous about it, because I was, and I regret not taking more meetings and informational sit downs when I had the chance.

Nickelodeon may not illustrate a full-time experience, but it's not an opportunity to miss

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and access to brilliant show runners, artists, managers, geniuses, hard workers, and the overall the kindest most helpful people anyone could encounter

It was a bit competitive amongst the interns. There wasn't much micromanaging over us, but there was a significant transition period for those in charge that led to that. Some interns snatched opportunities and didn't care to share it, and though it may be a dog eat dog world it made the kind/generous teamwork-like culture of Nickelodeon start to fade.

Enjoy everything the program has to offer, I had to commute and was attending numerous classes and I regret each class and opportunity I missed. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and it is worth every second. You can gather information from almost anyone you desire and be sure to create friendships that will last because everyone at Nickelodeon is worth knowing

Advice to Management

I never experienced any issues or potential problems that would lead me to ask for them to change anything in this category

Priceless and unforgettable, this internship was a dream come true.

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about the industry and making contacts and friends by being inside of a studio in production was the best.

I did not like that it ended.

Be outgoing and friendly, Nickelodeon has a family-like atmosphere where people help people. Do not go in thinking what can I get for myself, rather think what can I contribute to the company. You will be repaid in experiences without even knowing it.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding of interns wanting to branch out and take on leadership.