Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

One of the greatest internship for students!

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and the student friendly atmosphere.

Leaving and being unable to network more.

Always bring a jacket because it gets cold; enjoy the bagels every morning; and meet as many employers as possible to create your Network; explore different positions and have fun!

Alot of busy work, but warm and friendly people all around you.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities. Everyone was excited to meet us, the interns, and they were so easy to talk to, and arrange meetings with. Some even offered without me having to ask.

Some repetive work, of course. I sealed envelopes for all the rejection letters for the program that semester, and it took several shifts. Alot of work like that. But it's expected as an intern.

They like warm, extroverted people! Please don't be shy when interning here. Say hi to everyone.

Advice to Management

Employee retention. Shows end and it's hard to be placed onto another. And company transparency. Sometimes we don't find out about big decisions being made in the company until it's on the internet.

Hypotheticals: What was a stressful situation at a past job, and how did you handle it?

Personality: How would a friend describe you, in three words.

And usually a silly one, that still gives them insight: If you were a cereal, what would you be?

Hopping and Hoping

Beverly Hills, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The freedom to hop to new shows and become familiar with different crews.

It was rare to see more than 3 females in a writing room of 16 men. This really didn't have anything to do with my "internship" coordinators or anything related to my program, this is just a reality that I faced daily. It's disheartening to see a lack of presence/representation.

Be ready to network with as many people as you possibly can. It's drilled into your mind that "who you know matters" -- because it honestly does. Working smart is the key, though hard work (in general) is always noticed; be the kind of person that YOU would want to work with. Working in television is about having a strong ensemble & a reliable team.

An incredible chance to learn close-up about the industry of animation in a company that truly values its interns.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone from the President of Production to the PAs wanted to talk to and help the interns, allowing for both great networking and technical artistic learning opportunities.

There were a lot of outside-work optional activities and benefits, and I would have liked to know how all-inclusive the internship was from the beginning instead of finding out after I had made other summer commitments as well.

Nickelodeon has an incredibly open and friendly work environment, with some of the happiest and most cheerful employees I've ever had the pleasure of working alongside.

Advice to Management

A little more forewarning to the interns at the start of the internship about how time-consuming it will be and how many opportunities they will have would have better allowed me to allot the appropriate amount of time for it.

Why do you want to work at Nickelodeon? Why are you interested in Production? What do you see yourself as contributing to Nickelodeon?

Nickternship Program is a great place to learn, and a great step into the industry!

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

What makes the Nickternship great was how the entire program was dedicated on learning anything about the studio, the animation industry, and the profession of being an artist. The program coordinators did everything they could to help mentor us, even though they have such busy schedules. This really shows how much the studio really appreciates their interns. In addition to this, everyone in the studio was open to talk to any intern willing to talk to them, and this just makes the studio so open and relaxing.

My one gripe about the internship was that there weren't enough classes available for my batch of interns, especially hearing about different classes from previous interns.

Nickternship is an amazing opportunity if you're into learning anything you can about the animation industry, or if you're unsure on what to pursue within the industry, this is also a great place to figure out what you want to do.

"How did you hear about the internship program?"

Nickelodeon Animation is great!!!!!!

Office culture, program leaders

too short!

great for creative people/artists

Incredibly eyeopening, educational and fun.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting, learning, and collaborating with industry professionals.

Not enough hours offered!

Be the BEST version of yourself and spotlight your strengths. Be open to learning and just be a human being.

Advice to Management

I understand LA's wage is a bit lower than say, San Francisco, but a higher wage would be nice. Especially since Nick is a HUGE company, I'm sure the CEO can spare a dollar or two in raising wage.

"What are you interested in and why?"
"Can you tell us a little about yourself?" (This is important as they're asking what you want to do with your life without talking about your tragic past, but I guess it's okay to bring those up too, comedically.

BEST. INTERNSHIP. EVER.

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Definitely the people. Everyone at the studio is so friendly. The environment here is such an amazing one. Everyone is willing to help everyone, whether its the VP of Animation to an Intern. It's so easy to ask for help and learn here.

There wasn't much I didn't like about the internship. The only thing was that my department is very small (3 people).

My advice would just be to meet everyone you can. Everyone here is so friendly and willing to help. It's a great way to network!

Awesome internship is awesome.

Santa Monica, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

All the things i've learned and the connections i've made.

That I can't work all the time.

They people here have always been friendly and helpful. From the most important people to the people lower on the chain of command. If you have a dream the people at Nickelodeon will do their best to try and help you accomplish it!

Advice to Management

The only problem i've had is that I can't work as many hours as I want as it's not in my productions budget.

Internship experience offers valuable professional experience, dedicated mentors, and great learning opportunities.

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Access to informational meetings, mentorship within my department, professional development

Professional opportunities were not well facilitated by internship coordinators

Be mindful of making the most of your time during your internship. Maintain your role within your own department, and heed the advice of former interns and your supervisor - they will guide you well