Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

Offered many opportunities to explore current positions

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

They provided us with a lot of opportunity to talk to many people in the office. Lots of classes where professionals talked to us and gave us advice on their positions. People were really friendly to talk to us.

I was not able to experience the whole of the finance department. I was given typical intern tasks such as scanning and organizing while I would have liked to work closer with and see more of the tasks the workers did on a daily basis.

Take the opportunities to talk to all the people you can to get connections. Do not expect to be doing a lot of hands on work.

Exciting inside look into favorite industry

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved being able to have a behind-the scenes look at the studio's inner workings. They worked hard to provide us with unique experiences, networking opportunities, and mentorship. The entire program was really focused on offering guidance and resources to help you in the future.

I didn't always feel like I was very valuable. Often there would not be any tasks for me to do, though I'd ask around. I don't mind administrative tasks at all, but I didn't feel like I had a lot of responsibility.

Nickelodeon is a wonderful environment filled with friendly people who are always willing to help. Take advantage of the knowledge of those around you and make yourself known.

Advice to Management

I would suggest giving the interns more responsibility and having a better idea of what it is you want them to do.

I felt they mostly wanted to get to know me as a person. They asked me more about my future career goals, my past experience, and my interests.

Awesome Place to Intern and Experience the Inner Workings of A Corporate Animation Studio

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the atmosphere of the studio. It's a super friendly place. Also the interns are encouraged to meet with everyone from newly hired background painters to executives to show creators.

I did not like that I was not able to do any sort of design work for an actual show. I realized that I did not fit in with many of my fellow interns who were looking to go into Production Assisting as a way into the artist positions and I was hoping that my 4 years of undergrad and 3 years of graduate school as an animator might land me a position higher than an assistant.

It is a great place to work, especially if you are interested in TV animation and want to be a part of a big process.

Advice to Management

The pay is not competitive compared with other internships that I have taken. Other than that the internship is truly a good experience.

Why did you choose to go to the school you are going to? What do your friends/professors think about you? What inspires you? Why Nickelodeon?

I wish I had had more time to commit to this internship!

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great work environment, with easy access to anyone in the studio. The program did a good job encouraging interns to meet with top executives and various other specialists within the company.

There wasn't much work to be done and the employees who I worked with directly showed very little interest in getting to know me personally unless I took very strong initiative. Didn't feel like I had an opportunity to contribute everything I could.

It's a great opportunity and you will get out what you put in. Wonderful company with lots of great people, you just need to be the one who goes out and meets them!

Advice to Management

There is nothing the company can do as the whole internship is superbly organized. The only improvements would come with specific departments getting to know their interns on a personal note. We all have interesting stories!

Enjoyable valuable learning experience

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people we are fortunate to meet with, the company events, the hands-on work

It went by so quickly, sometimes I did feel like there were too many events for us to go to that I was unable to attend most. But not something I really would complain about.

Stay openminded