Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Great people, great opportunity, and an overall great experience.

The people.

The management

If you want to be hired, you unfortunately do need to suck up. Be professional, smile to everyone, and take every opportunity. It really was a great experience, with the nicest people. But if you want to turn it into a full-time job, make sure as many people know your face and name, and that HR notices you.

Advice to Management

Actually getting paid would have been great. I was doing the work of a PA, but was not compensated like one. Also, I was told that any job opening would be announced to interns collectively, but that was a lie. They pick out those they like, and keep the others in the shadows.

Date: 2013

Unfulfilling and disappointing

Getting to occasionally work with the storyboards for upcoming episodes.

There was almost nothing for me to do and people treated me like I was a burden to them when I would come around and ask if they needed help with anything. It made me feel so unwelcome that I limited myself to only going around once a day and since even then they had nothing for me to do I just sat at my desk after restocking the kitchen each morning (which only took 20 minutes at the most).

Do not apply unless you have already graduated or will be graduating the semester you're interning because they will not hire you once you have left the studio and new interns have arrived. Getting any response from HR will impossible as they will treat you like they've never heard of you.

Advice to Management

Stop telling interns to only give positive reviews to this survey. We are told to "not do the survey and email HR instead if you are unhappy with your experience." What desperate college student attempting to secure a job in their dream industry is going to contact HR and say they've had a miserable time? None because then you're never getting hired. So you just keep your head down and lie about how great the experience was.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)