Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 88 Intern Reviews)

Gather round everyone for the most amazing experience of your lives.

The people

The length of the internship.

Talk to everyone and remember their names. Go out of your way as much as possible.

Advice to Management

If you see someone who is an intern then ask them what their name is because they are most likely not thinking anything other than how to stay out of your way.

Nick Animation Studio's Best Kept Secret: The Facilities Department
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning how the business of animation works on a practical level.

The time flew by too quickly!

Relax. Be professional. Be ready and willing to learn a ton about the business. Ask questions and have a great attitude!

Advice to Management

n/a

Amazing experience with and amazing studio!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to network with, the mentors that took time out of their schedules to help me and talk to me, an opportunity to see the makings of an animated show first hand.

They had to restrict the amount of time you can work in the week. Would have liked to worked there more often

Keep an open mind and be able to work collaboratively.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing an amazing job

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could.

As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!

An unforgettable experience that was rich in learning and opportunities.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting one on one with the artists, helping with the shows.

no complaints

be nice, outgoing, and show your true interests.

Advice to Management

it is a very nice place to work

Work with the artists responsible for creating some of your most treasured childhood memories
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The educational classes were fantastic and taught me a lot about the varying aspects of the animation industry. These classes helped create a very strong friendship among all of the interns, as we were encouraged to participate together in these group activities. Nickelodeon encouraged interns to meet with artists and other employees at Nick - this atmosphere was extremely helpful in learning more about individual jobs and networking with industry professionals. Fun activities, such as weekly cartoon screenings, were an extreme plus, and further helped create unity amongst the group of interns.

Nothing. The internship program was the best I've ever experienced.

Take advantage of all the opportunities Nick provides for you. All are excellent learning experiences.

Catapulting Experience into Real Industry: Time at Nickelodeon is Time Well Spent
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities, the attitude of everyone that works there, the intern classes/seminars, the real world experience/advice from professionals, getting to meet people I idolize in my pursued field, the employment opportunities

I would have liked the summer term to be longer. I also would have liked to be at the establishment full-time.

Nick is a great place to work! The people there are true professionals and welcome you in like family. There's a great sense of community and fun to keep the creativity alive. It's one of the best places to work in the animation industry in my opinion.

Advice to Management

I wanted to be there more than just three days a week. I would have loved a full-time internship instead of part-time. Also, more intern classes would have been great!

The most important things I learned at Nickelodeon along with career skills were life skills that have been extrememly helpful to me.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The welcoming environment - As interns we were not only recommended to but expected to meet with anyone at the studio who we wanted to learn from. I met a wide variety of people, from PA's to VP's and got valuable advice from each one including repeat meetings with a character designer who looked at my drawings and helped me to improve them.

We had intern workshops on various skills that I often couldn't attend due to my class schedule. The opportunity to have one or two during lunch would've been appreciated but I understand how valuable lunchtime is!

Nickelodeon expects a lot from their employees and interns but gives a lot in return. Everyone here is extremely passionate and you will meet amazing people here.

An internship that allows you live your dream
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interns are encouraged to talk to anyone at the studio and everyone is willing to share advice and offer help. The studio has a very friendly and energetic environment which makes coming to work becomes a pleasure every day.

The internship is non-paid and academic credit only. This is not a big problem during regular semesters. But during summer, students have to pay the school for every internship credit they earn. I paid our school $1000 for the one summer internship credit. But this is not the studio's fault. It happens for every academic credit-only summer internship in the nation.

Find your passion/focus and dive into it. Trust your instinct. If you want to work for Nickelodeon, watch all Nickelodeon shows. You need to love what you are working on then you can do a good job on it.

One of the best experiences i've ever had. Met great people in the industry and made life long friends with my intern group.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to speak to whoever you want in the company and really understand what networking is. I really felt a sense of family within the company and people really invested in me. I was trained on how to be a PA and was really shown the ins and outs of the business.

I don't have one bad thing to say about the program. You really get a lot out of the internship.

Always have a great attitude and work hard. Your hard work does get noticed and opportunity for advancement is there. You get what you put into the internship.

Advice to Management

I received so much more than i anticipated so the program met and exceeded my expectations.