Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

Offered many opportunities to explore current positions

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

They provided us with a lot of opportunity to talk to many people in the office. Lots of classes where professionals talked to us and gave us advice on their positions. People were really friendly to talk to us.

I was not able to experience the whole of the finance department. I was given typical intern tasks such as scanning and organizing while I would have liked to work closer with and see more of the tasks the workers did on a daily basis.

Take the opportunities to talk to all the people you can to get connections. Do not expect to be doing a lot of hands on work.

Exciting inside look into favorite industry

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved being able to have a behind-the scenes look at the studio's inner workings. They worked hard to provide us with unique experiences, networking opportunities, and mentorship. The entire program was really focused on offering guidance and resources to help you in the future.

I didn't always feel like I was very valuable. Often there would not be any tasks for me to do, though I'd ask around. I don't mind administrative tasks at all, but I didn't feel like I had a lot of responsibility.

Nickelodeon is a wonderful environment filled with friendly people who are always willing to help. Take advantage of the knowledge of those around you and make yourself known.

Advice to Management

I would suggest giving the interns more responsibility and having a better idea of what it is you want them to do.

I felt they mostly wanted to get to know me as a person. They asked me more about my future career goals, my past experience, and my interests.

Awesome Place to Intern and Experience the Inner Workings of A Corporate Animation Studio

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the atmosphere of the studio. It's a super friendly place. Also the interns are encouraged to meet with everyone from newly hired background painters to executives to show creators.

I did not like that I was not able to do any sort of design work for an actual show. I realized that I did not fit in with many of my fellow interns who were looking to go into Production Assisting as a way into the artist positions and I was hoping that my 4 years of undergrad and 3 years of graduate school as an animator might land me a position higher than an assistant.

It is a great place to work, especially if you are interested in TV animation and want to be a part of a big process.

Advice to Management

The pay is not competitive compared with other internships that I have taken. Other than that the internship is truly a good experience.

Why did you choose to go to the school you are going to? What do your friends/professors think about you? What inspires you? Why Nickelodeon?

This job is not work when you enjoy what you do.

Mentorship

More hours

Organization

Fantastic Animation Internship Experience

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to take part in the production of a show and being able to contribute to the final product. Also the classes that are offered after work hours. Having the ability to meet with working artists. The fact that a lot of past interns who were hired look out for the new interns.

There was nothing that I did not like about the internship.

This is a great place to network and gain industry knowledge of the animation industry. Always find ways to help and meet new people.

A Stupendous Adventure Where Every Day I Learned, Was Challenged, & Was Happy Every Moment I Spent Working

Anaheim, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I had many supervisors and they were all so nice, helpful, and willing to trust me with responsibility and teach me new things. I was able to work on a huge variety of shows and projects. And I got the chance to experience many aspects of the studio process and work with a lot of people in different areas that were willing to take time to meet with me. It was such a well-rounded and always enjoyable experience.

I wished it would have lasted longer. I loved it so much!

Whether you are making copies or attending a recording session you will love working here every minute of every day. I dreamed about working here, but could have never imagined just how wonderful it would actually be. In the last few weeks I have learned and grown so much. Every person I worked with, whether they were in my department or not, was extremely welcoming and willing to help me or talk to me.The skills I have acquired here are invaluable. And I feel like I am now much more prepared and confident about working in this field in my future career.

Advice to Management

Like I said before, an option to continue on with the internship for a longer period of time would be great. Perhaps having more intern classes during the day verses at night would be good too. But other than that I wouldn't change a thing.

Fantastic!

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

A lot of Perks, networking opportunities, real life experience, and opportunity to interact with friendly people.

It was too short!

Definitely worth every moment spent as an intern. Soak up as much as you can.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they are doing. These folks didn't have to do any of the stuff for us interns. They were very generous!

Best real life work experience

Networking

Unpaid internship

Strong work ethic

Advice to Management

Help past Interns find jobs in the industry. Stay connected with past interns to notify them of any opportunities.

Best summer and the best work experience I have ever had.

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The interns were asked to actual work in the studio, which means my skills were put to test, and improved through the course of the internship. The interns were also welcomed to approach people in the studio for advice, and to talk about their work. Overall, it was a welcoming, friendly place to work in, where everyone you met was inspiring.

I honestly can't think of anything. The program was transitioning from an unpaid internship to a paid one, so there was a bit of confusion regarding certain scheduling of activities, but otherwise it was all very well organized.

Give 100% from the minute you are inside the doors of the studio. Everyone at the studio is friendly and willing to help if you are polite and hardworking. Take chances, and be active!

Work Hard and Receive the Best!

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities and the classes.

I had a little too much down time.

Always be on time, act professional, and do whatever work your supervisor asks you to do even if you don't want to do it.

Advice to Management

Nothing, they're great!

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.