Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 88 Intern Reviews)

Internships are what you make of them and Nickelodeon provides every opportunity to succeed if you are passionate.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking and exposure to other areas involved within the studio were amazing. There is a vibe that the company cares for it's employees and people seem very content with the studio and atmosphere. There are plenty of events to encourage camaraderie and professional growth as well.

I wished that in my area I had a more specific run down of the responsibilities done by my superiors set in earlier on so that I could anticipate duties if I were to be hired into that position. Conversely, the opportunity was provided to me after I had asked and shown interest in learning said skills pertinent to the position.

The opportunities for growth and retention after the internship are available. Just don't be afraid to ask questions and always be willing to learn and complete tasks no matter what they are. It's a good idea to explore every avenue and don't feel narrowed down to just focus on one area of expertise.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the company has a great learning atmosphere and plenty of opportunity for those who seek it.

Nickelodeon Animation Studios provides their interns the absolute DREAM experaince, putting us all on the road to success.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are far too many things to explain. Nick does not miss a beat when setting their interns up for a successful future. My number one appreciation towards the internship, was the fact that every single person in that studio is welcoming, kind, and ready to be your mentor. Ashley Morley set up many 'dream come true' events for all of us. Whether it was having lunches with Butch Hartman, or Character Design classes taught by the best Art Directors in the studio, Ashley and the HR crew were absolutely phenomenal. This was by far the best experience of my life, and worth moving all the way from New Jersey for. It is a place where you learn more in a day, than you would in an entire year of school. It is a place where you make life long friends and feel like you are part of a family. Once you spend a little time in that studio, there's no turning back; you'll be hooked. Nick Animation studio doesn't just provide you an internship, it provides you a life changing experience that will benefit you for the rest of your entire career.

As hard as I try, I can honestly say I cannot think of one thing I disliked about this internship. I truly feel it was perfect, couldn't be better.

Observe the culture and flow of your production. Nickelodeon is an awesome, welcoming place full of kind, fun, and helpful people. If you aren't that kind of a person you probably won't be getting hired by them anytime soon.

Advice to Management

I don't have a problem with their managment, and I feel they are doing a fine job.

The BEST internship for creative-minded and focused students looking for experience in the entertainment industry
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Networking potential is amazing. I got to have informative meetings with employees in all of the departments such as Vice Presidents of Production, Senior Vice President of Development, and executives in current series. I also was encouraged to meet with other employees such as artists, production assistants, line producers and casting directors.

- The intern activities were a lot of fun and a great way to get to know my fellow Nickterns. We had an intern game night where we played team bonding games all night at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio. Our internship supervisor set up an intern meeting with the then President of Nickelodeon Animation, Brown Johnson, where we got to eat breakfast with her and ask her questions. We also had an intern meeting/lunch with Butch Hartman, the creator of successful Nickelodeon shows like Danny Phantom, The Fairy Oddparents and TUFF Puppy. The interns got to attend Nickelodeon events like their annual summer party at the courtyard of the studio as well as the art gallery that takes place the first Friday of every month. The interns got to take a storyboard class taught by one of the directors for Spongebob Squarepants. It was a month long class where we got to pitch our idea for the ending of an episode and then draw it out and present it to the intern group.

- The culture at Nickelodeon Animation Studio is very welcoming to interns. Everyone I met was so nice to me and they encouraged you to ask them questions. Interns are a part of the Nickelodeon family.

- Since Nickelodeon is part of the Viacom family, we got to attend a seminar on copyright protection given by the COO of Paramount Pictures and also a Viacom intern party on the Paramount lot. Nickelodeon interns can also watch films every Friday on the Paramount lot at one of their theaters.

- Nothing, it was all awesome.

- Almost half of Nickelodeon's employees at the animation studio are former interns. Nickelodeon is known for hiring former interns.

- Employees at Nickelodeon are more than willing to give you advice and they all have diverse backgrounds

- Nickelodeon provides you with hands-on training that can be utilized at other studios/networks

Catapulting Experience into Real Industry: Time at Nickelodeon is Time Well Spent
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities, the attitude of everyone that works there, the intern classes/seminars, the real world experience/advice from professionals, getting to meet people I idolize in my pursued field, the employment opportunities

I would have liked the summer term to be longer. I also would have liked to be at the establishment full-time.

Nick is a great place to work! The people there are true professionals and welcome you in like family. There's a great sense of community and fun to keep the creativity alive. It's one of the best places to work in the animation industry in my opinion.

Advice to Management

I wanted to be there more than just three days a week. I would have loved a full-time internship instead of part-time. Also, more intern classes would have been great!

Amazing experience with and amazing studio!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to network with, the mentors that took time out of their schedules to help me and talk to me, an opportunity to see the makings of an animated show first hand.

They had to restrict the amount of time you can work in the week. Would have liked to worked there more often

Keep an open mind and be able to work collaboratively.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing an amazing job

An unforgettable experience that was rich in learning and opportunities.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting one on one with the artists, helping with the shows.

no complaints

be nice, outgoing, and show your true interests.

Advice to Management

it is a very nice place to work

Best internship experience
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, meetings, mentoring, and how easy it is to meet the most talented people in the animation enterainment industry. Especially how friendly and helpful every single person is.

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Take advantage of meeting people and get as much mentoring from the people working at the studio to help you in whatever aspect you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The organization already does what it can to make the internship as best as it could for the interns.

Students reluctant to return to school after having amazing summer experiences interning at Nickelodeon
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting Nickelodeon artists, being able to learn how to use After Effects and Lightwave, getting to know the process behind how an animation is made at Nickelodeon, meeting other interns who shared the same interests and passions as I did, getting to visit other Viacom companies, such as Paramount and going to free movie screenings there, learning about mentorship and other important aspects of job searching at Nickelodeon, and so much more! I could go on for a while.

That is was only two months! I wish it could have lasted longer, although I had to go back to school in the fall.

Interning at Nickelodeon is an amazing opportunity. Whether you're interested in writing, making art, or a production job, there are many different paths that lead to interning at Nick! It is a great chance to be able to meet people in the animation industry (some of who might have been your childhood heroes!) and find out how they got to Nick and what their day-to-day routine is. Working at Nickelodeon is a tremendous opportunity that you should definitely apply for.

Advice to Management

Perhaps changing the internship to paid would have attracted more applicants, but nonetheless I really enjoyed every aspect of the internship.

Work with the artists responsible for creating some of your most treasured childhood memories
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The educational classes were fantastic and taught me a lot about the varying aspects of the animation industry. These classes helped create a very strong friendship among all of the interns, as we were encouraged to participate together in these group activities. Nickelodeon encouraged interns to meet with artists and other employees at Nick - this atmosphere was extremely helpful in learning more about individual jobs and networking with industry professionals. Fun activities, such as weekly cartoon screenings, were an extreme plus, and further helped create unity amongst the group of interns.

Nothing. The internship program was the best I've ever experienced.

Take advantage of all the opportunities Nick provides for you. All are excellent learning experiences.

The best learning experience I've ever had
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.