Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program

Best internship experience
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, meetings, mentoring, and how easy it is to meet the most talented people in the animation enterainment industry. Especially how friendly and helpful every single person is.

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Take advantage of meeting people and get as much mentoring from the people working at the studio to help you in whatever aspect you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The organization already does what it can to make the internship as best as it could for the interns.

A life-changing opportunity.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, learning, and the great environment at Nickelodeon.

It isn't paid.

It is a fantastic place to intern.

Advice to Management

I think that there could be some type of compensation.

An internship program that will change your life.

networking

There in nothing I don't like about this place. This studio is now my dream place to work at.

Nickelodeo Animation Studio believes in work hard and have fun!

Advice to Management

compensation

The best learning experience I've ever had
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.

One of the best experiences i've ever had. Met great people in the industry and made life long friends with my intern group.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to speak to whoever you want in the company and really understand what networking is. I really felt a sense of family within the company and people really invested in me. I was trained on how to be a PA and was really shown the ins and outs of the business.

I don't have one bad thing to say about the program. You really get a lot out of the internship.

Always have a great attitude and work hard. Your hard work does get noticed and opportunity for advancement is there. You get what you put into the internship.

Advice to Management

I received so much more than i anticipated so the program met and exceeded my expectations.

Experience that was closer to making my childhood dream a reality. Great learning experience that I will never forget.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Chance to work on a real animation production
-Exclusive class/workshops for interns
-Great company culture

My semester felt like a transitional phase for the company, so a lot of former employees left. We were unable to meet them.

Research the company. Basic communication skills are very important. Have a desire to learn as much as you can while being personable. People enjoy a person they like having around.

Rewarding, Instructive, and full of excitment with unlimited possiblities.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people from different departments and learning the structure of the studio.

Maybe if the company could help with getting interns apartments if traveling from other parts of the country.

The atmosphere of Nickelodeon is incredible because everyone is so welcoming and friendly. It's a great place to learn different jobs within the pipeline at Nick while meeting great people along the way.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if Nick had art workshops for employees to take part in like sculpting, figure drawing, etc.

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could.

As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!

Nick Animation Studio's Best Kept Secret: The Facilities Department
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning how the business of animation works on a practical level.

The time flew by too quickly!

Relax. Be professional. Be ready and willing to learn a ton about the business. Ask questions and have a great attitude!

Advice to Management

n/a

Nickelodeon Animation Studios provides their interns the absolute DREAM experaince, putting us all on the road to success.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are far too many things to explain. Nick does not miss a beat when setting their interns up for a successful future. My number one appreciation towards the internship, was the fact that every single person in that studio is welcoming, kind, and ready to be your mentor. Ashley Morley set up many 'dream come true' events for all of us. Whether it was having lunches with Butch Hartman, or Character Design classes taught by the best Art Directors in the studio, Ashley and the HR crew were absolutely phenomenal. This was by far the best experience of my life, and worth moving all the way from New Jersey for. It is a place where you learn more in a day, than you would in an entire year of school. It is a place where you make life long friends and feel like you are part of a family. Once you spend a little time in that studio, there's no turning back; you'll be hooked. Nick Animation studio doesn't just provide you an internship, it provides you a life changing experience that will benefit you for the rest of your entire career.

As hard as I try, I can honestly say I cannot think of one thing I disliked about this internship. I truly feel it was perfect, couldn't be better.

Observe the culture and flow of your production. Nickelodeon is an awesome, welcoming place full of kind, fun, and helpful people. If you aren't that kind of a person you probably won't be getting hired by them anytime soon.

Advice to Management

I don't have a problem with their managment, and I feel they are doing a fine job.