Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Gather round everyone for the most amazing experience of your lives.

The people

The length of the internship.

Talk to everyone and remember their names. Go out of your way as much as possible.

Advice to Management

If you see someone who is an intern then ask them what their name is because they are most likely not thinking anything other than how to stay out of your way.

An unforgettable experience that was rich in learning and opportunities.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting one on one with the artists, helping with the shows.

no complaints

be nice, outgoing, and show your true interests.

Advice to Management

it is a very nice place to work

Best internship experience
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, meetings, mentoring, and how easy it is to meet the most talented people in the animation enterainment industry. Especially how friendly and helpful every single person is.

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Take advantage of meeting people and get as much mentoring from the people working at the studio to help you in whatever aspect you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The organization already does what it can to make the internship as best as it could for the interns.

Experience that was closer to making my childhood dream a reality. Great learning experience that I will never forget.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Chance to work on a real animation production
-Exclusive class/workshops for interns
-Great company culture

My semester felt like a transitional phase for the company, so a lot of former employees left. We were unable to meet them.

Research the company. Basic communication skills are very important. Have a desire to learn as much as you can while being personable. People enjoy a person they like having around.

Rewarding, Instructive, and full of excitment with unlimited possiblities.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people from different departments and learning the structure of the studio.

Maybe if the company could help with getting interns apartments if traveling from other parts of the country.

The atmosphere of Nickelodeon is incredible because everyone is so welcoming and friendly. It's a great place to learn different jobs within the pipeline at Nick while meeting great people along the way.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if Nick had art workshops for employees to take part in like sculpting, figure drawing, etc.

An internship program that will change your life.

networking

There in nothing I don't like about this place. This studio is now my dream place to work at.

Nickelodeo Animation Studio believes in work hard and have fun!

Advice to Management

compensation

The best learning experience I've ever had
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could.

As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!

One of the best experiences i've ever had. Met great people in the industry and made life long friends with my intern group.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to speak to whoever you want in the company and really understand what networking is. I really felt a sense of family within the company and people really invested in me. I was trained on how to be a PA and was really shown the ins and outs of the business.

I don't have one bad thing to say about the program. You really get a lot out of the internship.

Always have a great attitude and work hard. Your hard work does get noticed and opportunity for advancement is there. You get what you put into the internship.

Advice to Management

I received so much more than i anticipated so the program met and exceeded my expectations.

Amazing and educational opportunity
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to speak with and learn from all of the accomplished artists, designers, and producers working in the company

N/A it was better than I could ever have hoped for

Make the most of your experience- you get out what you put into this program, and if you make the effort there is no way you will be disappointed

Advice to Management

It would be great if there was a room/board stipend of some sort for people who are coming from out of town

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)