4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 88 Intern Reviews)

Bridging the gap between students and professionals
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentors that helped me understand how to approach thing in a more professional manner

Not long enough

professionalism and kindness go a long

Advice to Management

better training

The Nickelodeon Animation Studios internship is a life changing opportunity.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is invested in you, and wants to help you succeed.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship- I cant wait to come back and work here!

Nickelodeon is the perfect place for anyone passionate about the animation industry. The environment is amazing and everyone wants the same thing- to make great cartoons!

With games and guidance, partying and career-prepping, you'll never want to leave!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

This wasn't an internship. It was a life-changing program that truly helped shape my career path. Each day, team members utilized my skills and were always open to comments, questions, or suggestions. Everyone in the company loves the interns, and we were treated like valuable new assets to Nickelodeon. In addition to a wonderful job, there were constantly other exciting aspects to the internship that really made it more like a program, including: one-on-one meetings with anyone in the company; lectures from legendary Nick figures, like Brown Johnson (former NAS President), Butch Hartman (Creator/EP of "Fairly OddParents, TUFF Puppy, etc.), and Tom Dooley (COO of Viacom); a drawing class with Tuck Tucker, another animation legend; weekly screenings; company parties...I could go on and on!!!

After sitting here for a few moments and giving this question careful, thoughtful consideration, I can only write, "absolutely nothing, except when it ended."

If you want this job, you're going to have to fight for it, because there's a reason the Nick Animation Studios has been named the best internship in the country! You have the potential to be among some of the industry's most talented people, and it's only a bonus that they'll likely be the funniest, helpful, and passionate people you've ever worked with! If you make it into the program, congratulations. Take a moment to appreciate how exciting that is! But then, focus, work your network, and enjoy the best semester ever.

Advice to Management

The reason this program is so great is because of the corporate-wide support to interns, and the dedication of individuals like Ashley Morely, the internship coordinator. I have no advice on how to improve it!

Nickelodeon Animation Studios provides their interns the absolute DREAM experaince, putting us all on the road to success.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are far too many things to explain. Nick does not miss a beat when setting their interns up for a successful future. My number one appreciation towards the internship, was the fact that every single person in that studio is welcoming, kind, and ready to be your mentor. Ashley Morley set up many 'dream come true' events for all of us. Whether it was having lunches with Butch Hartman, or Character Design classes taught by the best Art Directors in the studio, Ashley and the HR crew were absolutely phenomenal. This was by far the best experience of my life, and worth moving all the way from New Jersey for. It is a place where you learn more in a day, than you would in an entire year of school. It is a place where you make life long friends and feel like you are part of a family. Once you spend a little time in that studio, there's no turning back; you'll be hooked. Nick Animation studio doesn't just provide you an internship, it provides you a life changing experience that will benefit you for the rest of your entire career.

As hard as I try, I can honestly say I cannot think of one thing I disliked about this internship. I truly feel it was perfect, couldn't be better.

Observe the culture and flow of your production. Nickelodeon is an awesome, welcoming place full of kind, fun, and helpful people. If you aren't that kind of a person you probably won't be getting hired by them anytime soon.

Advice to Management

I don't have a problem with their managment, and I feel they are doing a fine job.

Best internship experience
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, meetings, mentoring, and how easy it is to meet the most talented people in the animation enterainment industry. Especially how friendly and helpful every single person is.

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Take advantage of meeting people and get as much mentoring from the people working at the studio to help you in whatever aspect you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The organization already does what it can to make the internship as best as it could for the interns.

One of the best experiences i've ever had. Met great people in the industry and made life long friends with my intern group.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to speak to whoever you want in the company and really understand what networking is. I really felt a sense of family within the company and people really invested in me. I was trained on how to be a PA and was really shown the ins and outs of the business.

I don't have one bad thing to say about the program. You really get a lot out of the internship.

Always have a great attitude and work hard. Your hard work does get noticed and opportunity for advancement is there. You get what you put into the internship.

Advice to Management

I received so much more than i anticipated so the program met and exceeded my expectations.

Rewarding, Instructive, and full of excitment with unlimited possiblities.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people from different departments and learning the structure of the studio.

Maybe if the company could help with getting interns apartments if traveling from other parts of the country.

The atmosphere of Nickelodeon is incredible because everyone is so welcoming and friendly. It's a great place to learn different jobs within the pipeline at Nick while meeting great people along the way.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if Nick had art workshops for employees to take part in like sculpting, figure drawing, etc.

Experience that was closer to making my childhood dream a reality. Great learning experience that I will never forget.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Chance to work on a real animation production
-Exclusive class/workshops for interns
-Great company culture

My semester felt like a transitional phase for the company, so a lot of former employees left. We were unable to meet them.

Research the company. Basic communication skills are very important. Have a desire to learn as much as you can while being personable. People enjoy a person they like having around.

Nickelodeon Animation Studios Makes For Memorable Experience
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The location (I'm from Canada, so being able to travel to and live in California was a huge plus!), as well as the people I had the chance to meet, the beautiful weather, and overall, the studio. The studio environment was inviting and everyone really loved having interns. It was my dream come true and I hope to return someday.

The fact that it felt like so little time.

Be yourself, and be truly happy for the things that you'll get to do. Nickelodeon loves people with a positive personality and genuine qualities! Once they see that in you, you're set.

Advice to Management

Nothing in particular, since I was aware going into this internship that the hours would not be flexible, and since I wasn't being paid, I didn't have anything to say about that.

Catapulting Experience into Real Industry: Time at Nickelodeon is Time Well Spent
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities, the attitude of everyone that works there, the intern classes/seminars, the real world experience/advice from professionals, getting to meet people I idolize in my pursued field, the employment opportunities

I would have liked the summer term to be longer. I also would have liked to be at the establishment full-time.

Nick is a great place to work! The people there are true professionals and welcome you in like family. There's a great sense of community and fun to keep the creativity alive. It's one of the best places to work in the animation industry in my opinion.

Advice to Management

I wanted to be there more than just three days a week. I would have loved a full-time internship instead of part-time. Also, more intern classes would have been great!