Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

The most life changing internship experience I have ever had.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The informational meetings, everyone's open door policy, how much the employees cared about the interns and want to see us succeed, our amazing supervisor Amy Wu.

Due to the office arrangement I was sitting downstairs and my team was upstairs, but the Nick studio is moving to a new studio where that won't be a problem.

If you are a collaborative, creative individual who has integrity, and wants to grow as an individual and professional in a supportive non-cut throat environment, then this internship is for you. It is 100% about learning and is not a competition. If you are competitive and push people down to get what you want, then go elsewhere. You will only find kindness and support at Nick.

Advice to Management

This has been the best work experience I have had thus far, and wouldn't know how to improve my work environment.

What three qualities would your friends use to describe you?

The Best Internship Experience of Your Life

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were: 1. The opportunities to schedule one on one meetings with any employee at the studio, including some executives. 2. The people were extremely open and invested in helping me grow as an intern. 3. The classes offered to me as an intern were inspiring and pivotal in growing my animation knowledge.

I felt that the year I interned was an off year for the internship program compared to what I've heard about other years. Many of our classes were cancelled last minute and the lunches often fell through as well.

This will be an internship program that inspires you to follow your dreams. It will challenge you, but it will also be one of the best experiences of your life, teaching you life lessons and ways in which you can begin your career.

Advice to Management

I believe that if compensation were to increase and promotion policies were less politically based, Nickelodeon would be an even better place to work than it already is!

Why animation?; What was your favorite Nickelodeon show while growing up?; What did you study in school and what do you want to get into for a career?; What is a challenging situation you've encountered and what was your solution?

Incredible mentorship at a company that values creativity and unique voices

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship opportunities, classes, ability to be creative, wonderful HR team who wanted us to succeed, beautiful work environment, FOOD!

It was too short :(

This is an amazing place because of how much Nickelodeon cares about their employees and their success. Extremely friendly and dedicated to mentorship.

Exciting, supportive, and hands-on Internship packed with real industry experience

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very supportive learning environment, a variety of free classes run by experts in the studio, extreme willingness of artists and production staff to meet with interns and discuss their roles and daily responsibilities, very focused on mentorship, packed with industry experience

The monetary compensation for the internship could have been better

This is a really wonderful learning experience! Definitely take advantage of all the lessons, meetings, and lunch-ins that are offered by the program as they are extremely helpful and inspiring.

Best experience of my life.

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very nurturing environment. all employees are friendly. Willingness for you to learn.

There is Nothing

Try to take all the opportunities given by the internship program to meet and learn as much as you can.

A Company that Loves their Interns

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

supportive environments; allowed to pitch; a variety of free intern classes and lunches; a whole lot of free food; respect for the interns; ability to work directly on projects; flexible schedule; ability to sit in on record sessions

I wish it was longer.

Realize the value of the environment you are in and take advantage of all the cool stuff they offer their interns.

The best internship of all time.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The creative, supportive environment--- everyone at the studio wants to help you grow

That it was only 6 weeks.

Strong communication skills and an eagerness to learn.

The studio wants to be your friend and teach you all that it possibly can

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship program at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio nurtures you into the world of animation. That being said, I think the best aspects of the internship have to be the amount the internship coordinator and team care about you. They want you to meet with artists, production coordinators, and vice presidents. They push you to learn as much as you can while you're at the studio. And even better, the entire studio is behind this cause. Everyone is extremely friendly and willing to help you.

I don't have anything.

I would advise potential interns to apply for this internship if they want to work in animation or learn what all the big fuss is about. The program is really best for those applicants who are willing to ask questions and willing to admit what they don't know.

Amazing learning experience with friendly helpful people

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

classes, one on one meetings, friendly, helpful

demands for extracurricular work to get noticed were extremely high- felt like a huge negative impact if you were forced to decline an event/ request

Take notes, try not to get discouraged, try not to take on too much, don't worry about getting a job after the internship just work hard and enjoy your time there

Advice to Management

Let the interns know it's ok to say no if they have to, make them feel comfortable if they aren't able to do something rather than feeling guilty or pressure. So long as they try hard and give it their best they shouldn't be expected to meet all demands at all times, especially if they cant come in full time.

Amazing Internship Focuses on Building Professional Relationships and Facilitating Interns' Growth

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The Nickelodeon internship gives you opportunities to learn a lot about one specific department, but also learn a lot about the studio as a whole. The studio places a heavy emphasis on community. I was not only close with the people in my department, but also interns in other departments and full-time employees in other departments. Employees there are very willing to meet with interns and give them advice. There are also a lot of perks, such as social events and classes, provided to interns.

I didn't really dislike anything about my experience at Nickelodeon.

Nickelodeon is looking passionate, considerate, professional people. Be yourself and show what makes you unique during the interview process.