Intern at Nickelodeon NICKternship Program? Submit a Review

Animation studio provides training, mentorship, and fulfillment for grateful, awestruck interns!

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to meet and network with the legends behind animated properties.
Being directly involved in getting an episode ready to be aired.
The friendly, encouraging, positive company culture.
Actually learning on the job.

No complaints at all!

Be clear about what interests you but be open to the many departments available. There are many opportunities to grow within the company but you need to take the initiative to talk to everyone and get your name out there while an intern. There is a strong educational component to the internship as well. Do not disregard the classes, which provide rare opportunities to hear from executives and show creators.

Advice to Management

The company could work to improve diversity especially at the top.
Promotions within one's own department seem rare.

Talk about an instance when you had to work in a team.
What is a work issue you faced and how did you overcome it.
What's your favorite Nick show?
Are you familiar with current Nick shows?
Why do you want to work at Nickelodeon?
What is your favorite salad dressing?

Nicktern develops various projects and gets to personally demo it to the Nickelodeon president

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being in a supportive and creative opportunity pushed me to excel in various aspect both professionally and academically. My team treated me as a team member and pushed me to learn about new topics that i didnt learn in school. Also the informational intern lunches were amazing, it gave me the opportunity to ask questions to various show creators and executives!

I personally wouldn't change anything

There's various different roles and opportunities, and sometimes there is no apparent direct path to what you want to achieve. Every role at the company is important it to its success and just because you aren't a storyboard artists off the bat, doesn't mean you wont get there. Theres so many resources (people,classes etc) that you can learn from and when an opportunity opens you'll be a stronger candidate for that role

Advice to Management

More events that bring the different departments together. Theres an amazing company culture as is, and the productions are all really close, but im on a much much smaller team (6 people) and its hard at times to feel fully integrated

(Engineering interview)
-Walk me through one of your favorite projects (Implementation details, issues you ran into)
-Why are you interested to work at Nickelodeon?
-Whats your experience with various software (Unity, Unreal etc)

Opportunity and networking in the most friendly way possible.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The availability of employees of every kind at the studio, the opportunities to sit in on everything and meet people, and learning about professional animation development and the scope of it. Opportunities to test for shows and hear from experienced professionals.

I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, I don't have any complaints to be honest.

TAKE ADVANTAGE. Meet with people and begin to pursue your interests. Build bonds, not just to build them, but to learn and know people. Be friendly and positive, but not fake. Be yourself. Help everyone, you aren't competing with anyone but your best self.

The best learning experience of my life. I made life long friends and connections in this place.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the opportunities to have informational interviews with executives, the Nickelodeon experience, being treated as a regular colleague and not just an intern.

Pay is a bit low.

Bring your best attitude. This place is all about the people and if you are not excited to work here everyday you won't make the most out of your time there.

What is a weakness you have?
Why did you choose these departments to intern with?
What's your favorite Nickelodeon character and why?

Could not have asked for a better experience

Burbank, CA | October 2016 | FORMER INTERN

-The people
-The relationship building opportunities
-The mentorship
-The fun programming like classes, lunches with creators & execs, etc.
-The studio's overall culture
-The volunteer opportunities (painted a mural at a local school)
-The hands-on work experience

Cannot think of a single negative aspect of this internship!

Comments

This internship really lets you be yourself, explore new opportunities, and have a lot of fun! The best things you can do to work towards getting an internship at NAS are proving you're passionate about the company, demonstrating your work ethic, and letting your personality shine!

Most amazing summer ever

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the environment. Everyone was so welcoming.

Nothing, it was great.

Be detail oriented and manage your time well! Be social!

Advice to Management

N/A

What are your hobbies?

Why do you think you fit this internship?

This internship taught me what it takes to be a truly hard working and dedicated team member in the entertainment industry.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were truly amazing workshops and lectures from various artists and creators at Nickelodeon. And all my supervisors and fellow co-workers were extremely kind and truly loved what they do for a living.

I honestly cannot think of anything that I disliked during my time at Nickelodeon!

This company is a truly wonderful company that really cares about the well-being of their employees and want to make them as comfortable and happy as possible. It's a truly nurturing environment for artists and creatively driven employees.

Advice to Management

More amazing events, workshops and team building exercises.

What makes me a great team player, what makes me stand out among my peers and what are my ambitions in life.

Nickelodeon makes the World Go Round

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

lively workplace culture, fun and caring employees, open door policy, mentorship, classes (like writing, storyboarding and show development), speaking with creators, sitting in on picture lock sessions, recording sessions, mix sessions, spotting sessions, painting a mural for our community service project, free food

Slow days: very little work was given to me.

It is a wonderful environment where you can experience as much of the pre-production, production and post production pipelines as you want. You have the ability to speak with SVPs and VPs because they love sharing their experiences and want you to succeed and reach your goals.

Advice to Management

Longer internship program (I don't want to leave).

Tell me about yourself.
What is your favorite Nickelodeon Show?
Describe a difficult moment and how you overcame it.
What is your experience with post-production?

Nickternships: a balance of fun, learning, growth, friendship, and slime!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The program managers were extremely helpful and genuine with their interns. They were able to situate all of us in departments/productions that best suit our interests and skills.
The program itself was amazing: getting to meet with studio professionals and execs and hearing their stories made for an insightful experience. Everyone at the studio also appreciates their interns and treats them as equals.
The classes were SO helpful and also fun. The program is a great balance of learning and having fun.
Working on my production as an intern was a good learning opportunity- I got to actually contribute to the show but wasn't overwhelmed with too much work.

I disliked absolutely nothing about the internship.

Have a good resume and cover letter. You should know about the company's history but also keep up to date with their current shows. Being genuinely passionate about Nickelodeon is also a huge plus- they love passion and finding people that grew up with their cartoons. You do not need to have a crazy amount of experience or go to the best school to get in (like myself); you just need to show them how "orange" you can be!

Didn't Know A Job Could Be This Rewarding, Inspiring, And FUN!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

- My supervisors have become my go-to mentors; I know how much they care about me and they are rooting for my success.
- The other NICKterns have become more than just my coworkers; the internship brought together a bunch of unique but passionate people and we all thrive because of it.
- The opportunities to learn from the industry's best are plentiful and amazing. I got to meet with people who shaped my childhood, and they gave me advice to grow in this business.
- I got to do real, hands on work and actually feel my impact in the company. I was a member of my department's team, not just their intern.
- I was able to sit in on a recording session, a research session, and a writer's rooms; all things that even EMPLOYEES who work here don't get to do.
- There is constantly free food and free swag. Such a perk.

Can't think of anything negative to say! Maybe just the fact that my family is back on the east coast, so I missed them this summer. But that's not even internship-related!

If you can be a NICKtern, be a NICKtern! NAS loves hiring from its former intern pool, which is a huge leg up if you're trying to work here. As an intern, you're allowed to do almost anything. So my tip would be to take initiative, soak in as much as you can, meet as many people as you can, ask as many questions as you can, DO as much as you can.

Advice to Management

I haven't had a single problem with management. The interns' treatment is MORE than fair compensation, programing, and retention-wise.

- What makes you passionate about working at Nick Animation Studio?
- What about you makes you stand out among the applicant pool?
- Which Nick character do you think you're most like and why?