Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

A Nickternship is an invaluable experience that gives you countless opportunities and helps prepare you for the professional world.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were so many amazing things, but one that stands out in particular is the people. Everyone was so kind and supportive of the interns, and were always willing to meet and speak with us. The environment at the studio allowed us to make lasting connections with employees, who did their best to mentor us. The interns themselves were also fantastic, and we often went out together.

There wasn't really anything about the internship that I disliked. The only thing that I can think of is that, as someone coming from out of the area, it was somewhat difficult to find housing for the twelve week period.

I think that you should be prepared to work and behave in a professional manner, as the studio is a professional workplace and interns are treated as employees. Come in with a passion to meet and learn from the studio employees, as well as your fellow interns.

Great experience within an even greater community
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were able to meet with industry professionals and leaders of the studio frequently. Hands on experience on a show. Great crew members who were very accepting and welcoming of interns.

I would have preferred the internship to be paid instead of for academic credit. Otherwise nothing.

It is a small but very welcoming studio. There are opportunities to get hired after the internship but not too many so be prepared to look at other studios after the internship. There are excellent opportunities to network and become close with your intern group.

Advice to Management

Because I was only at the studio for approximately 24 hours a week I am not sure what changes can be made. Perhaps more studio wide events? As someone who was hoping to get a job as a PA after my internship I would have liked to have more positions available for interns to try for employment. Also the studio said they would send out emails notifying previous interns of job postings prior to releasing the postings to the public and I have only received one email like this in the nearly 8 months since the internship. Maybe no positions have opened in that time but I do not think so. So more attention to this would be nice.

Amazing learning and personal growth experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands-on learning about the industry, networking, meeting creators of your favourite shows, potential advancement opportunities, incredible environment.

I enjoyed it all. It would be nice to be paid even a small amount only so that there could be a 40 hour work week.

Based on my experience, there's nowhere I'd rather work than Nickelodeon.

Re-experiencing Childhood
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interacting with the other interns
Being able to interview employees of all ranks
The activities that the internship program entailed
Being able to participate in other Viacom interns events

I wish that I could have been exposed to more duties and work in my department but couldn't due to confidentiality reasons. It would be nice to attend actual pitch meetings with the professional.
Also I was commuting almost 2 hours with traffic and so attending all the events was a bit difficult and also couldn't bond as soon as others because I wasn't living with most of the interns

Make sure to be open to all doors that could be an opportunity.
Get ahead by scheduling interviews with as many people as possible and getting involved with the company network

A fantastic opportunity to learn from professionals in a hands on environment.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to contribute to network shaping projects, a chance to meet and learn from skilled professionals, fun events and a welcoming cooperate culture

lack of compensation

The more put into the internship, the more you get out of it. Try to open your schedule in order to concentrate on nickelodeon and maximize the tremendous networking and work experience opportunity. Summer and right after graduation are the best times to intern.

Advice to Management

only being paid could make this internship better.

Nickelodeon Animation Studio's Internship Program is one of the best internships availible in the field.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Nickelodeon Animation Studios is one of the best I've ever seen in a place of employment.

I wish there was more one on one time alloted with artists, but I understand that this is hard because everyone is working.

It's really one of the best places one could work at.

Advice to Management

As much as I loved this internship it really put me back financially, it wouldn't be that hard to offer minimum wage would it?

Great work with Great people!!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture around the studio makes it by far one of the friendliest places I've ever had the pleasure of working. The people there are so generous with their time and so willing to help you in whatever your goals may be -- it was really inspiring.

Some nominal pay would have been nice, as I traveled across country at considerable expense to myself in order to participate, however, I understand the reasons they don't pay, and would gladly do the whole thing over again -- it was worth every penny of my expense!

Don't assume you need to intern on a specific production in order to get a lot from this program. I interned in Library Services (even though I am an animator), and I would not trade that experience for ANYTHING. You may be surprised at what some of the other positions have to offer.

Advice to Management

It's a wonderful place to be. I can't really offer much advice except... don't change!! :-)

great networking opportunities and perks in exchange for minimal grunt work
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

willingness of employees of all departments to meet with interns, lots of fun studio events, Nickelodeon's intern-specific classes

The production I was assigned to had very little work for their interns to do on a daily basis. It wasn't unusual for me to have a maximum of 2 hours of actual work per day.

The culture creates a super cool place to work and you'll be surrounded by amazing artists, however it can be difficult to get hired on as an artist because they want most people to start working in production first, which can be draining.

Advice to Management

There could be more quality control across productions. Some interns assigned to productions had lots of work and lots of opportunities to attend meetings, some (like my production) had very little work for interns and sometimes wouldn't say a word to us during an entire 8 hour day.

An amazing experience that will surely open the doors to future opportunities and possibilities.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great networking, fun and positive environment, friendly and energetic staff, and great classes for learning the ins and outs of the industry.

The least thing i enjoyed about my internship was the fact that it ended.

Be authentic, and try your best not to let the nerves get to you.

The perfect introduction to the animation world!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

They let the interns have meetings with ANYONE in the company. You could have lunch with a different CEO or VP or high-level associate every day.

Overall a fantastic experience from start to finish.

Advice to Management

Seeing as how prestigious the internship was, I wouldn't have mind gotten paid at least minimum wage. That's my only suggestion! Everything else was fantastic.