Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

A life-changing opportunity.

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, learning, and the great environment at Nickelodeon.

It isn't paid.

It is a fantastic place to intern.

Advice to Management

I think that there could be some type of compensation.

The most fun, welcoming, encouraging, eye opening, and information packed internship I could've ever asked for.

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the creative atmosphere, the willingness of everyone to share their knowledge/experience, the classes, the intern events.

There is honestly nothing negative I can say about my experience as a Nicktern. I interned over the summer semester, and was astounded with all of the events and classes that were planned for us to experience in just three months.

Meet with as many people as humanly possible. Everyone is very willing to share experience and advice with interns - it's a huge part of the culture at Nick. Speaking with industry professionals one on one, which is an incredibly rare opportunity in itself, is very important to discovering what you want to pursue and where to pursue it. Aside from that, coming into work everyday validates, in itself, why people love to be here.

Advice to Management

Not one complaint.

An internship program that will change your life.

networking

There in nothing I don't like about this place. This studio is now my dream place to work at.

Nickelodeo Animation Studio believes in work hard and have fun!

Advice to Management

compensation

The best learning experience I've ever had

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.

Nick Animation Studio's Best Kept Secret: The Facilities Department

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning how the business of animation works on a practical level.

The time flew by too quickly!

Relax. Be professional. Be ready and willing to learn a ton about the business. Ask questions and have a great attitude!

Advice to Management

n/a

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could.

As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!

Nickelodeon Animation Studios provides their interns the absolute DREAM experaince, putting us all on the road to success.

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are far too many things to explain. Nick does not miss a beat when setting their interns up for a successful future. My number one appreciation towards the internship, was the fact that every single person in that studio is welcoming, kind, and ready to be your mentor. Ashley Morley set up many 'dream come true' events for all of us. Whether it was having lunches with Butch Hartman, or Character Design classes taught by the best Art Directors in the studio, Ashley and the HR crew were absolutely phenomenal. This was by far the best experience of my life, and worth moving all the way from New Jersey for. It is a place where you learn more in a day, than you would in an entire year of school. It is a place where you make life long friends and feel like you are part of a family. Once you spend a little time in that studio, there's no turning back; you'll be hooked. Nick Animation studio doesn't just provide you an internship, it provides you a life changing experience that will benefit you for the rest of your entire career.

As hard as I try, I can honestly say I cannot think of one thing I disliked about this internship. I truly feel it was perfect, couldn't be better.

Observe the culture and flow of your production. Nickelodeon is an awesome, welcoming place full of kind, fun, and helpful people. If you aren't that kind of a person you probably won't be getting hired by them anytime soon.

Advice to Management

I don't have a problem with their managment, and I feel they are doing a fine job.

Nickelodeon knows interns are the future of entertainment.

Meeting with top execs

I can't put down a thing about this internship or this studio!

Be a genuinely kind and outgoing person and show that you love Nick.

NICKTERNSHIP BEST OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN ABOUT THE INDUSTRY AND GROW!!

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn about all aspects of how the studio work; not being pigeonholed; everyone is open to helping interns

Only con was the drive and traffic

Be friendly and open! This is a wonderful opportunity to network and maybe you'll discover something you never though you'd be interested in!

Best internship experience

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, meetings, mentoring, and how easy it is to meet the most talented people in the animation enterainment industry. Especially how friendly and helpful every single person is.

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Take advantage of meeting people and get as much mentoring from the people working at the studio to help you in whatever aspect you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The organization already does what it can to make the internship as best as it could for the interns.