Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

Amazing experience with and amazing studio!

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to network with, the mentors that took time out of their schedules to help me and talk to me, an opportunity to see the makings of an animated show first hand.

They had to restrict the amount of time you can work in the week. Would have liked to worked there more often

Keep an open mind and be able to work collaboratively.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing an amazing job

Fantastic Internship Opportunity Leads to Great New Connections and Educational Goals

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved being able to network with (and get advice and feedback from) the artists who created my favorite shows as a kid. I've always admired their work, and to hear their stories and get their ideas about my own stuff was amazing! I also loved how we weren't treated as interns, we were treated like we were full-time employees

It wasn't paid, so having to take a class for credit at my school cut into the amount of time I could spend doing work at the studio.

Make sure to be thorough with your resume and cover letter, and also see if you can meet anyone who has gone through the program or works there. They can give you advice on it.

Advice to Management

Please reply to emails faster. Not getting a response for a long time (or at all) creates confusion, and it's counter to what we've learned about professionalism.

An internship program that will change your life.

networking

There in nothing I don't like about this place. This studio is now my dream place to work at.

Nickelodeo Animation Studio believes in work hard and have fun!

Advice to Management

compensation

The best learning experience I've ever had

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.

Nick Animation Studio's Best Kept Secret: The Facilities Department

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning how the business of animation works on a practical level.

The time flew by too quickly!

Relax. Be professional. Be ready and willing to learn a ton about the business. Ask questions and have a great attitude!

Advice to Management

n/a

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could.

As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!

The most fun, welcoming, encouraging, eye opening, and information packed internship I could've ever asked for.

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the creative atmosphere, the willingness of everyone to share their knowledge/experience, the classes, the intern events.

There is honestly nothing negative I can say about my experience as a Nicktern. I interned over the summer semester, and was astounded with all of the events and classes that were planned for us to experience in just three months.

Meet with as many people as humanly possible. Everyone is very willing to share experience and advice with interns - it's a huge part of the culture at Nick. Speaking with industry professionals one on one, which is an incredibly rare opportunity in itself, is very important to discovering what you want to pursue and where to pursue it. Aside from that, coming into work everyday validates, in itself, why people love to be here.

Advice to Management

Not one complaint.

Nickelodeon knows interns are the future of entertainment.

Meeting with top execs

I can't put down a thing about this internship or this studio!

Be a genuinely kind and outgoing person and show that you love Nick.

The Nickelodeon Animation Studios internship is a life changing opportunity.

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is invested in you, and wants to help you succeed.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship- I cant wait to come back and work here!

Nickelodeon is the perfect place for anyone passionate about the animation industry. The environment is amazing and everyone wants the same thing- to make great cartoons!

Bridging the gap between students and professionals

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentors that helped me understand how to approach thing in a more professional manner

Not long enough

professionalism and kindness go a long

Advice to Management

better training