Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2012

Internships are what you make of them and Nickelodeon provides every opportunity to succeed if you are passionate.

The networking and exposure to other areas involved within the studio were amazing. There is a vibe that the company cares for it's employees and people seem very content with the studio and atmosphere. There are plenty of events to encourage camaraderie and professional growth as well.

I wished that in my area I had a more specific run down of the responsibilities done by my superiors set in earlier on so that I could anticipate duties if I were to be hired into that position. Conversely, the opportunity was provided to me after I had asked and shown interest in learning said skills pertinent to the position.

The opportunities for growth and retention after the internship are available. Just don't be afraid to ask questions and always be willing to learn and complete tasks no matter what they are. It's a good idea to explore every avenue and don't feel narrowed down to just focus on one area of expertise.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the company has a great learning atmosphere and plenty of opportunity for those who seek it.

Best Internship Ever.

This internship was an absolutely incredible experience. I went in knowing very little about the industry and what I wanted to do with my life. I came out with a career path and the contacts and advice needed to continue pursuing opportunities in the field. I don't believe there is any other internship out there that could have done the same for me. I'm really greatful for the experience of this internship. ( My favorite part ofthe internship was sitting in on a recording session! Thats where I discovered I want to be a Casting Director one day! :) )

I wish that the opportunity to do consecutive internships or multiple internships was still avaialble. Once I discovered what I want to do it would have been awesome to have had the opportunity to intern within that department.

Honestly, I learned more in the five months with Nickelodeon then I did in a majority of my college classes. The hands on and real life experiences from the internship made it a priceless opporunity. I do not believe I would be where I am today if not for this internship. I was dreading an internship my senior year and now I reccomend them to people because I give all the credit to Nickelodeon for helping me figure out what I want to do. Seriously best internship ever.

Date: 2012

Nickelodeon knows interns are the future of entertainment.

Meeting with top execs

I can't put down a thing about this internship or this studio!

Be a genuinely kind and outgoing person and show that you love Nick.

Date: 2012

Bridging the gap between students and professionals

The mentors that helped me understand how to approach thing in a more professional manner

Not long enough

professionalism and kindness go a long

Advice to Management

better training

Date: 2012

The Nickelodeon Animation Studios internship is a life changing opportunity.

Everyone is invested in you, and wants to help you succeed.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship- I cant wait to come back and work here!

Nickelodeon is the perfect place for anyone passionate about the animation industry. The environment is amazing and everyone wants the same thing- to make great cartoons!

COME AS INTERNS, LEAVE AS PROFESSIONALS

-Environment, friendly, warm, welcoming. -Free Breakfast every morning. -Ping-pong breaks -Meeting with executives and being given great pointers and tips -Classes offered every week -Networking events

Only that it didn't pay, and it only offered academic credit. But the opportunities they offered, and the classes and free breakfast every morning made up for it.

Nickelodeon is a very professional, yet laid back environment, where they allow artists to be creative, working in a creative environment. Everyone here has a smile on and is always willing to help you out with anything. You're only here for a short time as an intern, use it to your advantage. Constantly meet with people, everyone has an open door policy where you can walk in whenever and talk and be given great career advice.

Date: 2012

Fantastic Internship Opportunity Leads to Great New Connections and Educational Goals

I loved being able to network with (and get advice and feedback from) the artists who created my favorite shows as a kid. I've always admired their work, and to hear their stories and get their ideas about my own stuff was amazing! I also loved how we weren't treated as interns, we were treated like we were full-time employees

It wasn't paid, so having to take a class for credit at my school cut into the amount of time I could spend doing work at the studio.

Make sure to be thorough with your resume and cover letter, and also see if you can meet anyone who has gone through the program or works there. They can give you advice on it.

Advice to Management

Please reply to emails faster. Not getting a response for a long time (or at all) creates confusion, and it's counter to what we've learned about professionalism.

Date: 2012

Nickelodeon Animation Studios provides their interns the absolute DREAM experaince, putting us all on the road to success.

There are far too many things to explain. Nick does not miss a beat when setting their interns up for a successful future. My number one appreciation towards the internship, was the fact that every single person in that studio is welcoming, kind, and ready to be your mentor. Ashley Morley set up many 'dream come true' events for all of us. Whether it was having lunches with Butch Hartman, or Character Design classes taught by the best Art Directors in the studio, Ashley and the HR crew were absolutely phenomenal. This was by far the best experience of my life, and worth moving all the way from New Jersey for. It is a place where you learn more in a day, than you would in an entire year of school. It is a place where you make life long friends and feel like you are part of a family. Once you spend a little time in that studio, there's no turning back; you'll be hooked. Nick Animation studio doesn't just provide you an internship, it provides you a life changing experience that will benefit you for the rest of your entire career.

As hard as I try, I can honestly say I cannot think of one thing I disliked about this internship. I truly feel it was perfect, couldn't be better.

Observe the culture and flow of your production. Nickelodeon is an awesome, welcoming place full of kind, fun, and helpful people. If you aren't that kind of a person you probably won't be getting hired by them anytime soon.

Advice to Management

I don't have a problem with their managment, and I feel they are doing a fine job.

Date: 2012

A very motivating and inspiring experience.

The most positive aspect of the internship was being able to connect and meet with employees of all different backgrounds and get feedback and advice from them. Everyone was there to help you succeed and help seek out your potential in your career.

A con to the internship is that it is unpaid. However, majority of internships are unpaid so it was taken into consideration when applying for the internship. A plus side of it being unpaid allows you to show your dedication to work hard and learn, which is why I'm sure there is such a high hiring rate of former interns.

The best advice I could give to potential interns is to have a positive attitude. Say yes to opportunities and don't hesitate. Always be considerate and be sure to write thank you notes after interviews and meeting with people! It goes a long way. Be the kind of person you would want to work with.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome. I had an incredibly healthy experience during my internship and it was because of the people. They wanted you to learn and they wanted you to have a great experience. Very positive work environment.

Date: 2012

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could. As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!