4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 88 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Best Internship Ever.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

This internship was an absolutely incredible experience. I went in knowing very little about the industry and what I wanted to do with my life. I came out with a career path and the contacts and advice needed to continue pursuing opportunities in the field. I don't believe there is any other internship out there that could have done the same for me. I'm really greatful for the experience of this internship. ( My favorite part ofthe internship was sitting in on a recording session! Thats where I discovered I want to be a Casting Director one day! :) )

I wish that the opportunity to do consecutive internships or multiple internships was still avaialble. Once I discovered what I want to do it would have been awesome to have had the opportunity to intern within that department.

Honestly, I learned more in the five months with Nickelodeon then I did in a majority of my college classes. The hands on and real life experiences from the internship made it a priceless opporunity. I do not believe I would be where I am today if not for this internship. I was dreading an internship my senior year and now I reccomend them to people because I give all the credit to Nickelodeon for helping me figure out what I want to do. Seriously best internship ever.

This internship was one of the most amazing experiences I've had, where I learned so much and made amazing friends and connections.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship are the connections, opportunities, friendships, amazing employees, working with artists, taking intern classes, and having meetings with various Nickelodeon employees. It was a friendly environment and a great place to work, learn, and grow. I always felt at home.

Needing school credit in order to attain the internship.

If you are interested in cartoons or working in animation, this is a perfect internship. The company allows you to embrace your silliness, individuality, and passion. The internship allows you to grow as an artist and to make valuable connections. It is a fantastic place to work.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if this was a paid internship and/or we did not need to pay for school credit in order to do the internship.

Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship was inspirational, motivating, and life-changing.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company Culture, Employee/Intern Events, Hands-on assignments, classes, and meetings with artists/employees.

The thing I liked least about the Nickelodeon Animation Studio internship is that it had an end date.

The company culture is very positive. Everyone at the studio seems very happy and welcoming. There is very good morale in the studio, and the company makes a point to appreciate both their employees and their interns.

The Nickelodeon Animation Studios internship is a life changing opportunity.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is invested in you, and wants to help you succeed.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship- I cant wait to come back and work here!

Nickelodeon is the perfect place for anyone passionate about the animation industry. The environment is amazing and everyone wants the same thing- to make great cartoons!

Bridging the gap between students and professionals
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentors that helped me understand how to approach thing in a more professional manner

Not long enough

professionalism and kindness go a long

Advice to Management

better training

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could.

As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!

Nick Animation Studio's Best Kept Secret: The Facilities Department
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning how the business of animation works on a practical level.

The time flew by too quickly!

Relax. Be professional. Be ready and willing to learn a ton about the business. Ask questions and have a great attitude!

Advice to Management

n/a

The most important things I learned at Nickelodeon along with career skills were life skills that have been extrememly helpful to me.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The welcoming environment - As interns we were not only recommended to but expected to meet with anyone at the studio who we wanted to learn from. I met a wide variety of people, from PA's to VP's and got valuable advice from each one including repeat meetings with a character designer who looked at my drawings and helped me to improve them.

We had intern workshops on various skills that I often couldn't attend due to my class schedule. The opportunity to have one or two during lunch would've been appreciated but I understand how valuable lunchtime is!

Nickelodeon expects a lot from their employees and interns but gives a lot in return. Everyone here is extremely passionate and you will meet amazing people here.

The BEST internship for creative-minded and focused students looking for experience in the entertainment industry
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Networking potential is amazing. I got to have informative meetings with employees in all of the departments such as Vice Presidents of Production, Senior Vice President of Development, and executives in current series. I also was encouraged to meet with other employees such as artists, production assistants, line producers and casting directors.

- The intern activities were a lot of fun and a great way to get to know my fellow Nickterns. We had an intern game night where we played team bonding games all night at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio. Our internship supervisor set up an intern meeting with the then President of Nickelodeon Animation, Brown Johnson, where we got to eat breakfast with her and ask her questions. We also had an intern meeting/lunch with Butch Hartman, the creator of successful Nickelodeon shows like Danny Phantom, The Fairy Oddparents and TUFF Puppy. The interns got to attend Nickelodeon events like their annual summer party at the courtyard of the studio as well as the art gallery that takes place the first Friday of every month. The interns got to take a storyboard class taught by one of the directors for Spongebob Squarepants. It was a month long class where we got to pitch our idea for the ending of an episode and then draw it out and present it to the intern group.

- The culture at Nickelodeon Animation Studio is very welcoming to interns. Everyone I met was so nice to me and they encouraged you to ask them questions. Interns are a part of the Nickelodeon family.

- Since Nickelodeon is part of the Viacom family, we got to attend a seminar on copyright protection given by the COO of Paramount Pictures and also a Viacom intern party on the Paramount lot. Nickelodeon interns can also watch films every Friday on the Paramount lot at one of their theaters.

- Nothing, it was all awesome.

- Almost half of Nickelodeon's employees at the animation studio are former interns. Nickelodeon is known for hiring former interns.

- Employees at Nickelodeon are more than willing to give you advice and they all have diverse backgrounds

- Nickelodeon provides you with hands-on training that can be utilized at other studios/networks

Catapulting Experience into Real Industry: Time at Nickelodeon is Time Well Spent
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities, the attitude of everyone that works there, the intern classes/seminars, the real world experience/advice from professionals, getting to meet people I idolize in my pursued field, the employment opportunities

I would have liked the summer term to be longer. I also would have liked to be at the establishment full-time.

Nick is a great place to work! The people there are true professionals and welcome you in like family. There's a great sense of community and fun to keep the creativity alive. It's one of the best places to work in the animation industry in my opinion.

Advice to Management

I wanted to be there more than just three days a week. I would have loved a full-time internship instead of part-time. Also, more intern classes would have been great!