Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

My experience with the intership program at Nickelodeon was amazing!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learned about the production pipeline from start to finish.

There was nothing I did not like at my internship.

Nickelodeon is a great company to Intern at. Nickelodeon has a very successful rate of hiring former interns. Lots of growth within the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The internship program at Nickelodeon just gets better with every session.

1.Please describe your current daily duties at your current job.

2. List your three strengths.

3. If you made an mistake in school or work, how did you overcome your mistake.

The Nick Animation internship program is a wonderful life-changing experience

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being granted access to Nickelodeon Animation properties and the great professional artists and personnel who create them. Having an opportunity to experience this American animation institution from the inside even briefly is priceless.

The only "con" is the studio is solely based in Burbank, CA. Relocation to take full advantage of this internship is the only challenge for potential candidates who are any place other than Los Angeles county.

If you are fortunate enough to receive an approval offer as a Nicktern, come motivated and ready to learn. The team here at Nick Animation are amazingly helpful and will treat you like one of their own. Many current staff members are themselves former Nickterns and the climate here absolutely fosters developing your potential to join the ranks provided an opening exists. Just realize - these are in no way artist roles during the internship.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. The Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nicktern program is outstanding. Amy Wu & Mary Madormo run a world-class internship that is truly beneficial to all who are fortunate enough to make it into this program.

What do you hope to gain from the Nicktern experience?

The Nickternship Program Will Have You Feeling Like You're Living In A Cartoon Fantasy!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are so friendly and you're made to feel like you are an essential part of the company (and not just a disposable intern). They provide ample opportunities to network and meet with professionals one-on-one. They also offer group classes taught by professionals on various animation aspects and position that could easily be classes you would pay a lot of money to take any where else!

When I did the internship it was unpaid, and now they pay a small hourly wage so that was kind of a bummer for me, but I didn't really mind at the time and wouldn't stop me from doing the internship again for free either!

The internship is set up in such a way that it's almost more of a training program (as it should be) but teaches interns how the company works and what is demanded of a professional working production team member so that when it comes time to hire an entry-level position - they refer often first to those who've already been through this training.

An eye-opening experience that helped me discover what I wanted to do in life and where I wanted to be.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning the world of animation, production of an animated television show, and meeting with and learning from others in the studio.

I cannot think of a single thing that I dis-liked about my internship.

If this is something you are truly interested in, I encourage you to put as much into it as you can, because the people here will put just as much into helping you succeed.

A Hands-on, Inside Look at What Goes on Behinds the Scenes of Television Animation

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to meet with artists in the industry and learn from and network with them

Some days my production had little to no work to give me

Take advantage of the resources Nickelodeon has to offer and make connections

Advice to Management

Take the time to train interns for the more involved jobs, they can really help out the production team

Tell me how you are a good addition to Nickelodeon

NICKTERNSHIP SHAPES WELL-ROUNDED ANIMATION INDUSTRY YOUNGINS ONCE AGAIN

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing internship coordinators (Amy Wu and Mary Madormo), amazing mentors, amazing environment, fun classes... We honestly were given the opportunity to explore whatever we pleased!

Nothing????

I would say to just be yourself! Everyone is so nice and open, and willing to mentor those who want to learn. Be open and honest on what you want to do and what you want to learn.

A life changing opportunity that will lead to a successful career.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was becoming familiar with the process of TV animation and acquiring a mentorship relationship with many of the artists, who then push you to be the best version of yourself. From my own supervisor to the artist at each production, there's a work ethic and built-in passion that one can't help but be drawn to. This experience made me want to push myself in every way.

The internship was perfect from the ground up. Nothing out there even comes close to this.

Just making sure that there's a balance for interns to be with the production team vs at intern events.

The best experience I could have ever received!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Not only being in such a wonderful studio, but getting the opportunity to work with and learn from professionals. I learned so much about the industry and production more during my internship than in school. And getting the opportunity to meet and talk to others from different departments helped my understanding of the industry and just how much work goes into it all. Ms. Wu and Ms. Madormo have done excellently with the internship program and have been such great mentors all along the way. I can't express how much I loved interning at Nickelodeon! It was the best experience and opportunity I could have ever received. I would highly recommend and encourage any student looking for an internship to apply there.

To be honest, there was nothing I did not like about the internship.

* Professionalism at it's best
* Welcoming and fun environment to work in

What are/is your favorite Nickelodeon shows?
Do you have any questions for us?

BEST INTERNSHIP OF YOUR LIFE

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing people, events, meetings, opportunities, classes, food, etc.

That it had to end.

Take all opportunities offered. So many amazing people to meet, things to learn.

Flashback to your childhood with cartoons, slime and endless amounts of junk food!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting some amazing people! It also never got old walking into the building every morning where my favorite cartoons as a child were made.

I wish it didn't have to end! Also, it would be great if it could go a little longer. It lasted 10 weeks but I was able to stay an additional two.

Network, network, network! You'll have plenty of opportunity to.

Advice to Management

Nothing negative. Just continue to be awesome!

If you had a superpower what would it be and why?