Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Best Internship Ever.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

This internship was an absolutely incredible experience. I went in knowing very little about the industry and what I wanted to do with my life. I came out with a career path and the contacts and advice needed to continue pursuing opportunities in the field. I don't believe there is any other internship out there that could have done the same for me. I'm really greatful for the experience of this internship. ( My favorite part ofthe internship was sitting in on a recording session! Thats where I discovered I want to be a Casting Director one day! :) )

I wish that the opportunity to do consecutive internships or multiple internships was still avaialble. Once I discovered what I want to do it would have been awesome to have had the opportunity to intern within that department.

Honestly, I learned more in the five months with Nickelodeon then I did in a majority of my college classes. The hands on and real life experiences from the internship made it a priceless opporunity. I do not believe I would be where I am today if not for this internship. I was dreading an internship my senior year and now I reccomend them to people because I give all the credit to Nickelodeon for helping me figure out what I want to do. Seriously best internship ever.

Nickelodeon knows interns are the future of entertainment.

Meeting with top execs

I can't put down a thing about this internship or this studio!

Be a genuinely kind and outgoing person and show that you love Nick.

A very motivating and inspiring experience.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The most positive aspect of the internship was being able to connect and meet with employees of all different backgrounds and get feedback and advice from them. Everyone was there to help you succeed and help seek out your potential in your career.

A con to the internship is that it is unpaid. However, majority of internships are unpaid so it was taken into consideration when applying for the internship. A plus side of it being unpaid allows you to show your dedication to work hard and learn, which is why I'm sure there is such a high hiring rate of former interns.

The best advice I could give to potential interns is to have a positive attitude. Say yes to opportunities and don't hesitate. Always be considerate and be sure to write thank you notes after interviews and meeting with people! It goes a long way. Be the kind of person you would want to work with.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome. I had an incredibly healthy experience during my internship and it was because of the people. They wanted you to learn and they wanted you to have a great experience. Very positive work environment.

COME AS INTERNS, LEAVE AS PROFESSIONALS
Santa Monica, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Environment, friendly, warm, welcoming.
-Free Breakfast every morning.
-Ping-pong breaks
-Meeting with executives and being given great pointers and tips
-Classes offered every week
-Networking events

Only that it didn't pay, and it only offered academic credit. But the opportunities they offered, and the classes and free breakfast every morning made up for it.

Nickelodeon is a very professional, yet laid back environment, where they allow artists to be creative, working in a creative environment.

Everyone here has a smile on and is always willing to help you out with anything. You're only here for a short time as an intern, use it to your advantage. Constantly meet with people, everyone has an open door policy where you can walk in whenever and talk and be given great career advice.

Amazing experience with and amazing studio!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to network with, the mentors that took time out of their schedules to help me and talk to me, an opportunity to see the makings of an animated show first hand.

They had to restrict the amount of time you can work in the week. Would have liked to worked there more often

Keep an open mind and be able to work collaboratively.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing an amazing job

Fantastic Internship Opportunity Leads to Great New Connections and Educational Goals
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved being able to network with (and get advice and feedback from) the artists who created my favorite shows as a kid. I've always admired their work, and to hear their stories and get their ideas about my own stuff was amazing! I also loved how we weren't treated as interns, we were treated like we were full-time employees

It wasn't paid, so having to take a class for credit at my school cut into the amount of time I could spend doing work at the studio.

Make sure to be thorough with your resume and cover letter, and also see if you can meet anyone who has gone through the program or works there. They can give you advice on it.

Advice to Management

Please reply to emails faster. Not getting a response for a long time (or at all) creates confusion, and it's counter to what we've learned about professionalism.

Best internship experience
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, meetings, mentoring, and how easy it is to meet the most talented people in the animation enterainment industry. Especially how friendly and helpful every single person is.

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Take advantage of meeting people and get as much mentoring from the people working at the studio to help you in whatever aspect you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The organization already does what it can to make the internship as best as it could for the interns.

The most fun, welcoming, encouraging, eye opening, and information packed internship I could've ever asked for.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the creative atmosphere, the willingness of everyone to share their knowledge/experience, the classes, the intern events.

There is honestly nothing negative I can say about my experience as a Nicktern. I interned over the summer semester, and was astounded with all of the events and classes that were planned for us to experience in just three months.

Meet with as many people as humanly possible. Everyone is very willing to share experience and advice with interns - it's a huge part of the culture at Nick. Speaking with industry professionals one on one, which is an incredibly rare opportunity in itself, is very important to discovering what you want to pursue and where to pursue it. Aside from that, coming into work everyday validates, in itself, why people love to be here.

Advice to Management

Not one complaint.

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could.

As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!

The Nickelodeon Animation Studios internship is a life changing opportunity.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is invested in you, and wants to help you succeed.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship- I cant wait to come back and work here!

Nickelodeon is the perfect place for anyone passionate about the animation industry. The environment is amazing and everyone wants the same thing- to make great cartoons!

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)