Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 88 Intern Reviews)

COME AS INTERNS, LEAVE AS PROFESSIONALS
Santa Monica, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Environment, friendly, warm, welcoming.
-Free Breakfast every morning.
-Ping-pong breaks
-Meeting with executives and being given great pointers and tips
-Classes offered every week
-Networking events

Only that it didn't pay, and it only offered academic credit. But the opportunities they offered, and the classes and free breakfast every morning made up for it.

Nickelodeon is a very professional, yet laid back environment, where they allow artists to be creative, working in a creative environment.

Everyone here has a smile on and is always willing to help you out with anything. You're only here for a short time as an intern, use it to your advantage. Constantly meet with people, everyone has an open door policy where you can walk in whenever and talk and be given great career advice.

Gather round everyone for the most amazing experience of your lives.

The people

The length of the internship.

Talk to everyone and remember their names. Go out of your way as much as possible.

Advice to Management

If you see someone who is an intern then ask them what their name is because they are most likely not thinking anything other than how to stay out of your way.

A very motivating and inspiring experience.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The most positive aspect of the internship was being able to connect and meet with employees of all different backgrounds and get feedback and advice from them. Everyone was there to help you succeed and help seek out your potential in your career.

A con to the internship is that it is unpaid. However, majority of internships are unpaid so it was taken into consideration when applying for the internship. A plus side of it being unpaid allows you to show your dedication to work hard and learn, which is why I'm sure there is such a high hiring rate of former interns.

The best advice I could give to potential interns is to have a positive attitude. Say yes to opportunities and don't hesitate. Always be considerate and be sure to write thank you notes after interviews and meeting with people! It goes a long way. Be the kind of person you would want to work with.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome. I had an incredibly healthy experience during my internship and it was because of the people. They wanted you to learn and they wanted you to have a great experience. Very positive work environment.

Internships are what you make of them and Nickelodeon provides every opportunity to succeed if you are passionate.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking and exposure to other areas involved within the studio were amazing. There is a vibe that the company cares for it's employees and people seem very content with the studio and atmosphere. There are plenty of events to encourage camaraderie and professional growth as well.

I wished that in my area I had a more specific run down of the responsibilities done by my superiors set in earlier on so that I could anticipate duties if I were to be hired into that position. Conversely, the opportunity was provided to me after I had asked and shown interest in learning said skills pertinent to the position.

The opportunities for growth and retention after the internship are available. Just don't be afraid to ask questions and always be willing to learn and complete tasks no matter what they are. It's a good idea to explore every avenue and don't feel narrowed down to just focus on one area of expertise.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the company has a great learning atmosphere and plenty of opportunity for those who seek it.

An unforgettable experience that was rich in learning and opportunities.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting one on one with the artists, helping with the shows.

no complaints

be nice, outgoing, and show your true interests.

Advice to Management

it is a very nice place to work

Amazing experience with and amazing studio!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to network with, the mentors that took time out of their schedules to help me and talk to me, an opportunity to see the makings of an animated show first hand.

They had to restrict the amount of time you can work in the week. Would have liked to worked there more often

Keep an open mind and be able to work collaboratively.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing an amazing job

Amazing and educational opportunity
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to speak with and learn from all of the accomplished artists, designers, and producers working in the company

N/A it was better than I could ever have hoped for

Make the most of your experience- you get out what you put into this program, and if you make the effort there is no way you will be disappointed

Advice to Management

It would be great if there was a room/board stipend of some sort for people who are coming from out of town

With games and guidance, partying and career-prepping, you'll never want to leave!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

This wasn't an internship. It was a life-changing program that truly helped shape my career path. Each day, team members utilized my skills and were always open to comments, questions, or suggestions. Everyone in the company loves the interns, and we were treated like valuable new assets to Nickelodeon. In addition to a wonderful job, there were constantly other exciting aspects to the internship that really made it more like a program, including: one-on-one meetings with anyone in the company; lectures from legendary Nick figures, like Brown Johnson (former NAS President), Butch Hartman (Creator/EP of "Fairly OddParents, TUFF Puppy, etc.), and Tom Dooley (COO of Viacom); a drawing class with Tuck Tucker, another animation legend; weekly screenings; company parties...I could go on and on!!!

After sitting here for a few moments and giving this question careful, thoughtful consideration, I can only write, "absolutely nothing, except when it ended."

If you want this job, you're going to have to fight for it, because there's a reason the Nick Animation Studios has been named the best internship in the country! You have the potential to be among some of the industry's most talented people, and it's only a bonus that they'll likely be the funniest, helpful, and passionate people you've ever worked with! If you make it into the program, congratulations. Take a moment to appreciate how exciting that is! But then, focus, work your network, and enjoy the best semester ever.

Advice to Management

The reason this program is so great is because of the corporate-wide support to interns, and the dedication of individuals like Ashley Morely, the internship coordinator. I have no advice on how to improve it!

Nickelodeon Animation Studios provides their interns the absolute DREAM experaince, putting us all on the road to success.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are far too many things to explain. Nick does not miss a beat when setting their interns up for a successful future. My number one appreciation towards the internship, was the fact that every single person in that studio is welcoming, kind, and ready to be your mentor. Ashley Morley set up many 'dream come true' events for all of us. Whether it was having lunches with Butch Hartman, or Character Design classes taught by the best Art Directors in the studio, Ashley and the HR crew were absolutely phenomenal. This was by far the best experience of my life, and worth moving all the way from New Jersey for. It is a place where you learn more in a day, than you would in an entire year of school. It is a place where you make life long friends and feel like you are part of a family. Once you spend a little time in that studio, there's no turning back; you'll be hooked. Nick Animation studio doesn't just provide you an internship, it provides you a life changing experience that will benefit you for the rest of your entire career.

As hard as I try, I can honestly say I cannot think of one thing I disliked about this internship. I truly feel it was perfect, couldn't be better.

Observe the culture and flow of your production. Nickelodeon is an awesome, welcoming place full of kind, fun, and helpful people. If you aren't that kind of a person you probably won't be getting hired by them anytime soon.

Advice to Management

I don't have a problem with their managment, and I feel they are doing a fine job.

Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship was inspirational, motivating, and life-changing.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company Culture, Employee/Intern Events, Hands-on assignments, classes, and meetings with artists/employees.

The thing I liked least about the Nickelodeon Animation Studio internship is that it had an end date.

The company culture is very positive. Everyone at the studio seems very happy and welcoming. There is very good morale in the studio, and the company makes a point to appreciate both their employees and their interns.