4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 88 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Best Internship Ever.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

This internship was an absolutely incredible experience. I went in knowing very little about the industry and what I wanted to do with my life. I came out with a career path and the contacts and advice needed to continue pursuing opportunities in the field. I don't believe there is any other internship out there that could have done the same for me. I'm really greatful for the experience of this internship. ( My favorite part ofthe internship was sitting in on a recording session! Thats where I discovered I want to be a Casting Director one day! :) )

I wish that the opportunity to do consecutive internships or multiple internships was still avaialble. Once I discovered what I want to do it would have been awesome to have had the opportunity to intern within that department.

Honestly, I learned more in the five months with Nickelodeon then I did in a majority of my college classes. The hands on and real life experiences from the internship made it a priceless opporunity. I do not believe I would be where I am today if not for this internship. I was dreading an internship my senior year and now I reccomend them to people because I give all the credit to Nickelodeon for helping me figure out what I want to do. Seriously best internship ever.

COME AS INTERNS, LEAVE AS PROFESSIONALS
Santa Monica, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Environment, friendly, warm, welcoming.
-Free Breakfast every morning.
-Ping-pong breaks
-Meeting with executives and being given great pointers and tips
-Classes offered every week
-Networking events

Only that it didn't pay, and it only offered academic credit. But the opportunities they offered, and the classes and free breakfast every morning made up for it.

Nickelodeon is a very professional, yet laid back environment, where they allow artists to be creative, working in a creative environment.

Everyone here has a smile on and is always willing to help you out with anything. You're only here for a short time as an intern, use it to your advantage. Constantly meet with people, everyone has an open door policy where you can walk in whenever and talk and be given great career advice.

The BEST internship for creative-minded and focused students looking for experience in the entertainment industry
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Networking potential is amazing. I got to have informative meetings with employees in all of the departments such as Vice Presidents of Production, Senior Vice President of Development, and executives in current series. I also was encouraged to meet with other employees such as artists, production assistants, line producers and casting directors.

- The intern activities were a lot of fun and a great way to get to know my fellow Nickterns. We had an intern game night where we played team bonding games all night at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio. Our internship supervisor set up an intern meeting with the then President of Nickelodeon Animation, Brown Johnson, where we got to eat breakfast with her and ask her questions. We also had an intern meeting/lunch with Butch Hartman, the creator of successful Nickelodeon shows like Danny Phantom, The Fairy Oddparents and TUFF Puppy. The interns got to attend Nickelodeon events like their annual summer party at the courtyard of the studio as well as the art gallery that takes place the first Friday of every month. The interns got to take a storyboard class taught by one of the directors for Spongebob Squarepants. It was a month long class where we got to pitch our idea for the ending of an episode and then draw it out and present it to the intern group.

- The culture at Nickelodeon Animation Studio is very welcoming to interns. Everyone I met was so nice to me and they encouraged you to ask them questions. Interns are a part of the Nickelodeon family.

- Since Nickelodeon is part of the Viacom family, we got to attend a seminar on copyright protection given by the COO of Paramount Pictures and also a Viacom intern party on the Paramount lot. Nickelodeon interns can also watch films every Friday on the Paramount lot at one of their theaters.

- Nothing, it was all awesome.

- Almost half of Nickelodeon's employees at the animation studio are former interns. Nickelodeon is known for hiring former interns.

- Employees at Nickelodeon are more than willing to give you advice and they all have diverse backgrounds

- Nickelodeon provides you with hands-on training that can be utilized at other studios/networks

Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship was inspirational, motivating, and life-changing.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company Culture, Employee/Intern Events, Hands-on assignments, classes, and meetings with artists/employees.

The thing I liked least about the Nickelodeon Animation Studio internship is that it had an end date.

The company culture is very positive. Everyone at the studio seems very happy and welcoming. There is very good morale in the studio, and the company makes a point to appreciate both their employees and their interns.

Internships are what you make of them and Nickelodeon provides every opportunity to succeed if you are passionate.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking and exposure to other areas involved within the studio were amazing. There is a vibe that the company cares for it's employees and people seem very content with the studio and atmosphere. There are plenty of events to encourage camaraderie and professional growth as well.

I wished that in my area I had a more specific run down of the responsibilities done by my superiors set in earlier on so that I could anticipate duties if I were to be hired into that position. Conversely, the opportunity was provided to me after I had asked and shown interest in learning said skills pertinent to the position.

The opportunities for growth and retention after the internship are available. Just don't be afraid to ask questions and always be willing to learn and complete tasks no matter what they are. It's a good idea to explore every avenue and don't feel narrowed down to just focus on one area of expertise.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the company has a great learning atmosphere and plenty of opportunity for those who seek it.

The most fun, welcoming, encouraging, eye opening, and information packed internship I could've ever asked for.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the creative atmosphere, the willingness of everyone to share their knowledge/experience, the classes, the intern events.

There is honestly nothing negative I can say about my experience as a Nicktern. I interned over the summer semester, and was astounded with all of the events and classes that were planned for us to experience in just three months.

Meet with as many people as humanly possible. Everyone is very willing to share experience and advice with interns - it's a huge part of the culture at Nick. Speaking with industry professionals one on one, which is an incredibly rare opportunity in itself, is very important to discovering what you want to pursue and where to pursue it. Aside from that, coming into work everyday validates, in itself, why people love to be here.

Advice to Management

Not one complaint.

An unforgettable experience that was rich in learning and opportunities.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting one on one with the artists, helping with the shows.

no complaints

be nice, outgoing, and show your true interests.

Advice to Management

it is a very nice place to work

Gather round everyone for the most amazing experience of your lives.

The people

The length of the internship.

Talk to everyone and remember their names. Go out of your way as much as possible.

Advice to Management

If you see someone who is an intern then ask them what their name is because they are most likely not thinking anything other than how to stay out of your way.

With games and guidance, partying and career-prepping, you'll never want to leave!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

This wasn't an internship. It was a life-changing program that truly helped shape my career path. Each day, team members utilized my skills and were always open to comments, questions, or suggestions. Everyone in the company loves the interns, and we were treated like valuable new assets to Nickelodeon. In addition to a wonderful job, there were constantly other exciting aspects to the internship that really made it more like a program, including: one-on-one meetings with anyone in the company; lectures from legendary Nick figures, like Brown Johnson (former NAS President), Butch Hartman (Creator/EP of "Fairly OddParents, TUFF Puppy, etc.), and Tom Dooley (COO of Viacom); a drawing class with Tuck Tucker, another animation legend; weekly screenings; company parties...I could go on and on!!!

After sitting here for a few moments and giving this question careful, thoughtful consideration, I can only write, "absolutely nothing, except when it ended."

If you want this job, you're going to have to fight for it, because there's a reason the Nick Animation Studios has been named the best internship in the country! You have the potential to be among some of the industry's most talented people, and it's only a bonus that they'll likely be the funniest, helpful, and passionate people you've ever worked with! If you make it into the program, congratulations. Take a moment to appreciate how exciting that is! But then, focus, work your network, and enjoy the best semester ever.

Advice to Management

The reason this program is so great is because of the corporate-wide support to interns, and the dedication of individuals like Ashley Morely, the internship coordinator. I have no advice on how to improve it!

The best learning experience I've ever had
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.