Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Nick Animation Studio's Best Kept Secret: The Facilities Department

Meeting great people and learning how the business of animation works on a practical level.

The time flew by too quickly!

Relax. Be professional. Be ready and willing to learn a ton about the business. Ask questions and have a great attitude!

Advice to Management

n/a

Date: 2012

Students reluctant to return to school after having amazing summer experiences interning at Nickelodeon

Meeting Nickelodeon artists, being able to learn how to use After Effects and Lightwave, getting to know the process behind how an animation is made at Nickelodeon, meeting other interns who shared the same interests and passions as I did, getting to visit other Viacom companies, such as Paramount and going to free movie screenings there, learning about mentorship and other important aspects of job searching at Nickelodeon, and so much more! I could go on for a while.

That is was only two months! I wish it could have lasted longer, although I had to go back to school in the fall.

Interning at Nickelodeon is an amazing opportunity. Whether you're interested in writing, making art, or a production job, there are many different paths that lead to interning at Nick! It is a great chance to be able to meet people in the animation industry (some of who might have been your childhood heroes!) and find out how they got to Nick and what their day-to-day routine is. Working at Nickelodeon is a tremendous opportunity that you should definitely apply for.

Advice to Management

Perhaps changing the internship to paid would have attracted more applicants, but nonetheless I really enjoyed every aspect of the internship.

Date: 2012

Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship was inspirational, motivating, and life-changing.

Company Culture, Employee/Intern Events, Hands-on assignments, classes, and meetings with artists/employees.

The thing I liked least about the Nickelodeon Animation Studio internship is that it had an end date.

The company culture is very positive. Everyone at the studio seems very happy and welcoming. There is very good morale in the studio, and the company makes a point to appreciate both their employees and their interns.

Date: 2012

The best learning experience I've ever had

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.

Date: 2012

Work with the artists responsible for creating some of your most treasured childhood memories

The educational classes were fantastic and taught me a lot about the varying aspects of the animation industry. These classes helped create a very strong friendship among all of the interns, as we were encouraged to participate together in these group activities. Nickelodeon encouraged interns to meet with artists and other employees at Nick - this atmosphere was extremely helpful in learning more about individual jobs and networking with industry professionals. Fun activities, such as weekly cartoon screenings, were an extreme plus, and further helped create unity amongst the group of interns.

Nothing. The internship program was the best I've ever experienced.

Take advantage of all the opportunities Nick provides for you. All are excellent learning experiences.

Date: 2012

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could. As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!

Date: 2012

An internship that allows you live your dream

Interns are encouraged to talk to anyone at the studio and everyone is willing to share advice and offer help. The studio has a very friendly and energetic environment which makes coming to work becomes a pleasure every day.

The internship is non-paid and academic credit only. This is not a big problem during regular semesters. But during summer, students have to pay the school for every internship credit they earn. I paid our school $1000 for the one summer internship credit. But this is not the studio's fault. It happens for every academic credit-only summer internship in the nation.

Find your passion/focus and dive into it. Trust your instinct. If you want to work for Nickelodeon, watch all Nickelodeon shows. You need to love what you are working on then you can do a good job on it.

Date: 2012

The most important things I learned at Nickelodeon along with career skills were life skills that have been extrememly helpful to me.

The welcoming environment - As interns we were not only recommended to but expected to meet with anyone at the studio who we wanted to learn from. I met a wide variety of people, from PA's to VP's and got valuable advice from each one including repeat meetings with a character designer who looked at my drawings and helped me to improve them.

We had intern workshops on various skills that I often couldn't attend due to my class schedule. The opportunity to have one or two during lunch would've been appreciated but I understand how valuable lunchtime is!

Nickelodeon expects a lot from their employees and interns but gives a lot in return. Everyone here is extremely passionate and you will meet amazing people here.

Date: 2012

An internship program that will change your life.

networking

There in nothing I don't like about this place. This studio is now my dream place to work at.

Nickelodeo Animation Studio believes in work hard and have fun!

Advice to Management

compensation

Best Internship Ever.

This internship was an absolutely incredible experience. I went in knowing very little about the industry and what I wanted to do with my life. I came out with a career path and the contacts and advice needed to continue pursuing opportunities in the field. I don't believe there is any other internship out there that could have done the same for me. I'm really greatful for the experience of this internship. ( My favorite part ofthe internship was sitting in on a recording session! Thats where I discovered I want to be a Casting Director one day! :) )

I wish that the opportunity to do consecutive internships or multiple internships was still avaialble. Once I discovered what I want to do it would have been awesome to have had the opportunity to intern within that department.

Honestly, I learned more in the five months with Nickelodeon then I did in a majority of my college classes. The hands on and real life experiences from the internship made it a priceless opporunity. I do not believe I would be where I am today if not for this internship. I was dreading an internship my senior year and now I reccomend them to people because I give all the credit to Nickelodeon for helping me figure out what I want to do. Seriously best internship ever.