Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

COME AS INTERNS, LEAVE AS PROFESSIONALS

Santa Monica, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Environment, friendly, warm, welcoming.
-Free Breakfast every morning.
-Ping-pong breaks
-Meeting with executives and being given great pointers and tips
-Classes offered every week
-Networking events

Only that it didn't pay, and it only offered academic credit. But the opportunities they offered, and the classes and free breakfast every morning made up for it.

Nickelodeon is a very professional, yet laid back environment, where they allow artists to be creative, working in a creative environment.

Everyone here has a smile on and is always willing to help you out with anything. You're only here for a short time as an intern, use it to your advantage. Constantly meet with people, everyone has an open door policy where you can walk in whenever and talk and be given great career advice.

Gather round everyone for the most amazing experience of your lives.

The people

The length of the internship.

Talk to everyone and remember their names. Go out of your way as much as possible.

Advice to Management

If you see someone who is an intern then ask them what their name is because they are most likely not thinking anything other than how to stay out of your way.

Amazing experience with and amazing studio!

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to network with, the mentors that took time out of their schedules to help me and talk to me, an opportunity to see the makings of an animated show first hand.

They had to restrict the amount of time you can work in the week. Would have liked to worked there more often

Keep an open mind and be able to work collaboratively.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing an amazing job

The most fun, welcoming, encouraging, eye opening, and information packed internship I could've ever asked for.

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the creative atmosphere, the willingness of everyone to share their knowledge/experience, the classes, the intern events.

There is honestly nothing negative I can say about my experience as a Nicktern. I interned over the summer semester, and was astounded with all of the events and classes that were planned for us to experience in just three months.

Meet with as many people as humanly possible. Everyone is very willing to share experience and advice with interns - it's a huge part of the culture at Nick. Speaking with industry professionals one on one, which is an incredibly rare opportunity in itself, is very important to discovering what you want to pursue and where to pursue it. Aside from that, coming into work everyday validates, in itself, why people love to be here.

Advice to Management

Not one complaint.

An unforgettable experience that was rich in learning and opportunities.

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting one on one with the artists, helping with the shows.

no complaints

be nice, outgoing, and show your true interests.

Advice to Management

it is a very nice place to work

Bridging the gap between students and professionals

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentors that helped me understand how to approach thing in a more professional manner

Not long enough

professionalism and kindness go a long

Advice to Management

better training

The Nickelodeon Animation Studios internship is a life changing opportunity.

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is invested in you, and wants to help you succeed.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship- I cant wait to come back and work here!

Nickelodeon is the perfect place for anyone passionate about the animation industry. The environment is amazing and everyone wants the same thing- to make great cartoons!

A very motivating and inspiring experience.

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The most positive aspect of the internship was being able to connect and meet with employees of all different backgrounds and get feedback and advice from them. Everyone was there to help you succeed and help seek out your potential in your career.

A con to the internship is that it is unpaid. However, majority of internships are unpaid so it was taken into consideration when applying for the internship. A plus side of it being unpaid allows you to show your dedication to work hard and learn, which is why I'm sure there is such a high hiring rate of former interns.

The best advice I could give to potential interns is to have a positive attitude. Say yes to opportunities and don't hesitate. Always be considerate and be sure to write thank you notes after interviews and meeting with people! It goes a long way. Be the kind of person you would want to work with.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome. I had an incredibly healthy experience during my internship and it was because of the people. They wanted you to learn and they wanted you to have a great experience. Very positive work environment.

Best internship experience

Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, meetings, mentoring, and how easy it is to meet the most talented people in the animation enterainment industry. Especially how friendly and helpful every single person is.

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Take advantage of meeting people and get as much mentoring from the people working at the studio to help you in whatever aspect you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The organization already does what it can to make the internship as best as it could for the interns.

Internships are what you make of them and Nickelodeon provides every opportunity to succeed if you are passionate.

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking and exposure to other areas involved within the studio were amazing. There is a vibe that the company cares for it's employees and people seem very content with the studio and atmosphere. There are plenty of events to encourage camaraderie and professional growth as well.

I wished that in my area I had a more specific run down of the responsibilities done by my superiors set in earlier on so that I could anticipate duties if I were to be hired into that position. Conversely, the opportunity was provided to me after I had asked and shown interest in learning said skills pertinent to the position.

The opportunities for growth and retention after the internship are available. Just don't be afraid to ask questions and always be willing to learn and complete tasks no matter what they are. It's a good idea to explore every avenue and don't feel narrowed down to just focus on one area of expertise.

Advice to Management

Nothing, the company has a great learning atmosphere and plenty of opportunity for those who seek it.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)