Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Fantastic Internship Opportunity Leads to Great New Connections and Educational Goals
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved being able to network with (and get advice and feedback from) the artists who created my favorite shows as a kid. I've always admired their work, and to hear their stories and get their ideas about my own stuff was amazing! I also loved how we weren't treated as interns, we were treated like we were full-time employees

It wasn't paid, so having to take a class for credit at my school cut into the amount of time I could spend doing work at the studio.

Make sure to be thorough with your resume and cover letter, and also see if you can meet anyone who has gone through the program or works there. They can give you advice on it.

Advice to Management

Please reply to emails faster. Not getting a response for a long time (or at all) creates confusion, and it's counter to what we've learned about professionalism.

The best learning experience I've ever had
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.

A life-changing opportunity.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, learning, and the great environment at Nickelodeon.

It isn't paid.

It is a fantastic place to intern.

Advice to Management

I think that there could be some type of compensation.

NICKTERNSHIP BEST OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN ABOUT THE INDUSTRY AND GROW!!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to learn about all aspects of how the studio work; not being pigeonholed; everyone is open to helping interns

Only con was the drive and traffic

Be friendly and open! This is a wonderful opportunity to network and maybe you'll discover something you never though you'd be interested in!

Great experience within an even greater community
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were able to meet with industry professionals and leaders of the studio frequently. Hands on experience on a show. Great crew members who were very accepting and welcoming of interns.

I would have preferred the internship to be paid instead of for academic credit. Otherwise nothing.

It is a small but very welcoming studio. There are opportunities to get hired after the internship but not too many so be prepared to look at other studios after the internship. There are excellent opportunities to network and become close with your intern group.

Advice to Management

Because I was only at the studio for approximately 24 hours a week I am not sure what changes can be made. Perhaps more studio wide events? As someone who was hoping to get a job as a PA after my internship I would have liked to have more positions available for interns to try for employment. Also the studio said they would send out emails notifying previous interns of job postings prior to releasing the postings to the public and I have only received one email like this in the nearly 8 months since the internship. Maybe no positions have opened in that time but I do not think so. So more attention to this would be nice.

A Nickternship is an invaluable experience that gives you countless opportunities and helps prepare you for the professional world.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There were so many amazing things, but one that stands out in particular is the people. Everyone was so kind and supportive of the interns, and were always willing to meet and speak with us. The environment at the studio allowed us to make lasting connections with employees, who did their best to mentor us. The interns themselves were also fantastic, and we often went out together.

There wasn't really anything about the internship that I disliked. The only thing that I can think of is that, as someone coming from out of the area, it was somewhat difficult to find housing for the twelve week period.

I think that you should be prepared to work and behave in a professional manner, as the studio is a professional workplace and interns are treated as employees. Come in with a passion to meet and learn from the studio employees, as well as your fellow interns.

Nick Pays Interns With Hands-On, Professional, Exciting Experience of a Lifetime!

meeting people

finding my own housing

Be Nice, Do work for your production, Meet the Amazing People at Nick, and Make Friends!

Advice to Management

More work hours would be very helpful in simulating a real-world work week.

A great opportunity to meet with people who are involved in several facets of the industry, but you must make an effort.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ability to have meetings with the current employees.

A lot of interns/competition

Meet with as many people as you can while here.

Nickelodeon is more than a studio for kids, it is a studio for adults who know how to make work fun no matter the situation.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Classes in different aspects of production (ie: storyboarding, post-produciton, CG, writing a resume, etc)
Meetings with top executives including president, the vice presidents, and show creators
Being able to attend a recording session

The internship was amazing but I would have loved to have been paid at the same time.

Nickelodeon has an amazing corporate culture. I never realized how important that was until I worked there. The atmosphere is extremely creative and always fun. The people that work there don't only become your colleagues, they become your friends. If I were offered a position in a strict and depressing environment now, I would turn it down because corporate culture really effects how you thrive at a company.

Advice to Management

I think compensation for interns would definitely help. I was very impressed with the promotion polices and hours of the company. Diversity was never an issue, creativity comes from every where. The great thing about the internship program is that the company trains you to become a full-time employee. All that you do in the internship is to prepare you for the possibility of an actual position at the studio.

Great experience to get into animation industry
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interns can setup meeting with other employees inside the studio, even with the big people in the management.

The interns takes a little responsibility inside the department. Maybe it''s just inside my department.

The working environment is so comfortable. Every people is so kind to others.