Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2012

The best learning experience I've ever had

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.

Date: 2012

Fantastic Internship Opportunity Leads to Great New Connections and Educational Goals

I loved being able to network with (and get advice and feedback from) the artists who created my favorite shows as a kid. I've always admired their work, and to hear their stories and get their ideas about my own stuff was amazing! I also loved how we weren't treated as interns, we were treated like we were full-time employees

It wasn't paid, so having to take a class for credit at my school cut into the amount of time I could spend doing work at the studio.

Make sure to be thorough with your resume and cover letter, and also see if you can meet anyone who has gone through the program or works there. They can give you advice on it.

Advice to Management

Please reply to emails faster. Not getting a response for a long time (or at all) creates confusion, and it's counter to what we've learned about professionalism.

Date: 2012

Gather round everyone for the most amazing experience of your lives.

The people

The length of the internship.

Talk to everyone and remember their names. Go out of your way as much as possible.

Advice to Management

If you see someone who is an intern then ask them what their name is because they are most likely not thinking anything other than how to stay out of your way.

Date: 2012

Students reluctant to return to school after having amazing summer experiences interning at Nickelodeon

Meeting Nickelodeon artists, being able to learn how to use After Effects and Lightwave, getting to know the process behind how an animation is made at Nickelodeon, meeting other interns who shared the same interests and passions as I did, getting to visit other Viacom companies, such as Paramount and going to free movie screenings there, learning about mentorship and other important aspects of job searching at Nickelodeon, and so much more! I could go on for a while.

That is was only two months! I wish it could have lasted longer, although I had to go back to school in the fall.

Interning at Nickelodeon is an amazing opportunity. Whether you're interested in writing, making art, or a production job, there are many different paths that lead to interning at Nick! It is a great chance to be able to meet people in the animation industry (some of who might have been your childhood heroes!) and find out how they got to Nick and what their day-to-day routine is. Working at Nickelodeon is a tremendous opportunity that you should definitely apply for.

Advice to Management

Perhaps changing the internship to paid would have attracted more applicants, but nonetheless I really enjoyed every aspect of the internship.

Date: 2012

An unforgettable experience that was rich in learning and opportunities.

meeting one on one with the artists, helping with the shows.

no complaints

be nice, outgoing, and show your true interests.

Advice to Management

it is a very nice place to work

Date: 2012

The most important things I learned at Nickelodeon along with career skills were life skills that have been extrememly helpful to me.

The welcoming environment - As interns we were not only recommended to but expected to meet with anyone at the studio who we wanted to learn from. I met a wide variety of people, from PA's to VP's and got valuable advice from each one including repeat meetings with a character designer who looked at my drawings and helped me to improve them.

We had intern workshops on various skills that I often couldn't attend due to my class schedule. The opportunity to have one or two during lunch would've been appreciated but I understand how valuable lunchtime is!

Nickelodeon expects a lot from their employees and interns but gives a lot in return. Everyone here is extremely passionate and you will meet amazing people here.

Date: 2012

An internship program that will change your life.

networking

There in nothing I don't like about this place. This studio is now my dream place to work at.

Nickelodeo Animation Studio believes in work hard and have fun!

Advice to Management

compensation

Nick Animation Studio's Best Kept Secret: The Facilities Department

Meeting great people and learning how the business of animation works on a practical level.

The time flew by too quickly!

Relax. Be professional. Be ready and willing to learn a ton about the business. Ask questions and have a great attitude!

Advice to Management

n/a

Date: 2012

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could. As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!

Date: 2012

Catapulting Experience into Real Industry: Time at Nickelodeon is Time Well Spent

The networking opportunities, the attitude of everyone that works there, the intern classes/seminars, the real world experience/advice from professionals, getting to meet people I idolize in my pursued field, the employment opportunities

I would have liked the summer term to be longer. I also would have liked to be at the establishment full-time.

Nick is a great place to work! The people there are true professionals and welcome you in like family. There's a great sense of community and fun to keep the creativity alive. It's one of the best places to work in the animation industry in my opinion.

Advice to Management

I wanted to be there more than just three days a week. I would have loved a full-time internship instead of part-time. Also, more intern classes would have been great!