4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 88 Intern Reviews)

Amazing and educational opportunity
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to speak with and learn from all of the accomplished artists, designers, and producers working in the company

N/A it was better than I could ever have hoped for

Make the most of your experience- you get out what you put into this program, and if you make the effort there is no way you will be disappointed

Advice to Management

It would be great if there was a room/board stipend of some sort for people who are coming from out of town

Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship was inspirational, motivating, and life-changing.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company Culture, Employee/Intern Events, Hands-on assignments, classes, and meetings with artists/employees.

The thing I liked least about the Nickelodeon Animation Studio internship is that it had an end date.

The company culture is very positive. Everyone at the studio seems very happy and welcoming. There is very good morale in the studio, and the company makes a point to appreciate both their employees and their interns.

Bridging the gap between students and professionals
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentors that helped me understand how to approach thing in a more professional manner

Not long enough

professionalism and kindness go a long

Advice to Management

better training

The Nickelodeon Animation Studios internship is a life changing opportunity.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is invested in you, and wants to help you succeed.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship- I cant wait to come back and work here!

Nickelodeon is the perfect place for anyone passionate about the animation industry. The environment is amazing and everyone wants the same thing- to make great cartoons!

With games and guidance, partying and career-prepping, you'll never want to leave!
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

This wasn't an internship. It was a life-changing program that truly helped shape my career path. Each day, team members utilized my skills and were always open to comments, questions, or suggestions. Everyone in the company loves the interns, and we were treated like valuable new assets to Nickelodeon. In addition to a wonderful job, there were constantly other exciting aspects to the internship that really made it more like a program, including: one-on-one meetings with anyone in the company; lectures from legendary Nick figures, like Brown Johnson (former NAS President), Butch Hartman (Creator/EP of "Fairly OddParents, TUFF Puppy, etc.), and Tom Dooley (COO of Viacom); a drawing class with Tuck Tucker, another animation legend; weekly screenings; company parties...I could go on and on!!!

After sitting here for a few moments and giving this question careful, thoughtful consideration, I can only write, "absolutely nothing, except when it ended."

If you want this job, you're going to have to fight for it, because there's a reason the Nick Animation Studios has been named the best internship in the country! You have the potential to be among some of the industry's most talented people, and it's only a bonus that they'll likely be the funniest, helpful, and passionate people you've ever worked with! If you make it into the program, congratulations. Take a moment to appreciate how exciting that is! But then, focus, work your network, and enjoy the best semester ever.

Advice to Management

The reason this program is so great is because of the corporate-wide support to interns, and the dedication of individuals like Ashley Morely, the internship coordinator. I have no advice on how to improve it!

The most fun, welcoming, encouraging, eye opening, and information packed internship I could've ever asked for.
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the creative atmosphere, the willingness of everyone to share their knowledge/experience, the classes, the intern events.

There is honestly nothing negative I can say about my experience as a Nicktern. I interned over the summer semester, and was astounded with all of the events and classes that were planned for us to experience in just three months.

Meet with as many people as humanly possible. Everyone is very willing to share experience and advice with interns - it's a huge part of the culture at Nick. Speaking with industry professionals one on one, which is an incredibly rare opportunity in itself, is very important to discovering what you want to pursue and where to pursue it. Aside from that, coming into work everyday validates, in itself, why people love to be here.

Advice to Management

Not one complaint.

COME AS INTERNS, LEAVE AS PROFESSIONALS
Santa Monica, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Environment, friendly, warm, welcoming.
-Free Breakfast every morning.
-Ping-pong breaks
-Meeting with executives and being given great pointers and tips
-Classes offered every week
-Networking events

Only that it didn't pay, and it only offered academic credit. But the opportunities they offered, and the classes and free breakfast every morning made up for it.

Nickelodeon is a very professional, yet laid back environment, where they allow artists to be creative, working in a creative environment.

Everyone here has a smile on and is always willing to help you out with anything. You're only here for a short time as an intern, use it to your advantage. Constantly meet with people, everyone has an open door policy where you can walk in whenever and talk and be given great career advice.

Best internship experience
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, meetings, mentoring, and how easy it is to meet the most talented people in the animation enterainment industry. Especially how friendly and helpful every single person is.

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Take advantage of meeting people and get as much mentoring from the people working at the studio to help you in whatever aspect you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The organization already does what it can to make the internship as best as it could for the interns.

The best learning experience I've ever had
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.

Work with the artists responsible for creating some of your most treasured childhood memories
Los Angeles, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The educational classes were fantastic and taught me a lot about the varying aspects of the animation industry. These classes helped create a very strong friendship among all of the interns, as we were encouraged to participate together in these group activities. Nickelodeon encouraged interns to meet with artists and other employees at Nick - this atmosphere was extremely helpful in learning more about individual jobs and networking with industry professionals. Fun activities, such as weekly cartoon screenings, were an extreme plus, and further helped create unity amongst the group of interns.

Nothing. The internship program was the best I've ever experienced.

Take advantage of all the opportunities Nick provides for you. All are excellent learning experiences.