Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

The most nurturing experience at the begging of a beautiful career path

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship in itself became such an amazing experience that I will enumerate every aspect of it right here:
The nurturing environment in which every one at the studio treated their interns.
The sense of camaraderie and respect that the group of interns were able to develop throughout the program.
The numerous classes and learning opportunities given to the interns from every person in staff at the studio.
The sense of familiarity that we were able to experience as being "part" of the studio crew.
The amazing internship program manager who was constantly encouraging us and supporting us in every instance of the program.
The amazing friends we got to make.
The great availability of everyone at the studio to show us their craft and teach us about their pwn stories.
The great food.
The amazing parties.
The most fun creativity.
The pride of being part of such and amazing group of people under one amazing brand.
The cartoons!!
The toys!!!
Drawing all the time

Its such an amazing program and such a stupendous place to work, that it gets tiny in comparison to all the people that dream to work here someday!

This program in particular is very inclusive and diverse. Is understandable that when people are coming out of college and finding themselves searching for that perfect job, often times they are not certain of what that job really is. I find this internship to have a very interesting approach in creating an environment to experience the many departments of the studio. Is important for an internship program to not only take advantage of the extra help, but to be the stepping stone between the college education and the experience of a first job in the industry, guiding the future talent to targeted self improvement towards the intended dream career. And the Nick internship program really understand this and puts it to the test with each and every ones of its dearly called Nickterns.

Advice to Management

I sincerely have nothing to say about Nickelodeon on this matter, they do an excellent job in every aspect of their management.

What I look for in a boss
What are my weaknesses and strengths
What are my future short and long term goals

At the Nick Internship, interns are encouraged to experience and learn about everything that goes on at Nickelodeon.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Friendly environment, networking opportunities, relationships with fellow interns

Personally, I'm an introverted personality. Nick encourages a very extroverted personality type.

Great environment for animation lovers and people wanting to start in the entertainment industry.

Advice to Management

Racial diversity.

What are your favorite Nick Shows?, What do you look for in a boss?, What are your weaknesses? Strengths?

BEST INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE IN NOT JUST THE ANIMATION INDUSTRY, BUT THE WORLD

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to work with people that were beyond helpful, encouraging, and incredibly kind.

It ended way too soon

Show your personality when applying. The Nickternship is a special program that hires people not only with great technical skills, but quality soft skills as well.

A creative and magical place to work, where everyone is open to help and you actually learn about any aspect of the entertainment industy!

Other (US) | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was friendly, hands-on, exciting, informational, and fun!

It was too short of an internship.

You have to be friendly and fun-loving. You must really understand that balance between work and play. You must be able to talk to people and be someone that is reliable. You have to be open to everything!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! This is the greatest intern I have ever had!

What is something about yourself you would like to improve on? What makes you stand out from other candidates? Where do you see yourself after this internship? What would you like to gain out of this internship? What words would others use to describe you?

Best Internship in the World!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Opportunities to talk to every department, classes to teach people how to storyboard, write, draw and develop their ideas.

- Nothing! I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Be open. Be diligent. Be brave to go out of your comfort zone. This is the greatest internship experience and you should do all you can to soak everything up.

Advice to Management

I can't really think of anything. Amy Wu has the perfect internship program. Oh wait I thought of something. Classes should be outside of hours, only because there is so much work to do!

Which Nickelodeon character do you identify with and why?

Nickelodeon Internship allows students to learn directly from professionals, and allows exploration of other departments as well.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship not only provided classes to learn about other departments than the one you were assigned too, but you were also pushed to make as many connections as possible. I was constantly being introduced to producers, line producers and other employees that were very experienced, willing to share their experiences and lessons with interns. There were many events to encourage quality of life and a communal work culture that was completely inclusive.

There were really no cons about the internship at all.

I advise everyone to meet as many people as possible. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help, there is nothing to lose. If you are undecided about which department, take whatever offer and learn about that department as much as you can. There are so many classes available to learn about other areas of interest, you won't lose out.

Advice to Management

Nothing, keep the classes up!

Truly a life-changing internship.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real world experience was so immensely helpful. Getting to see and help out with how a real TV animated show was eye-opening and beneficial part of my learning experience during school. Second, the open access to the studio and everyone who works at Nickeldeon. As an intern, I was able to set up many one-on-one interviews to learn as much about different jobs and expand my network of people. Lastly, the internship program provided many classes taught by industry pros which were easily some of the best classes I have ever had the opportunity to take. I grew immensely as a professional during my internship at Nickelodeon.

Nothing! I was fully satisfied with my internship experience at Nickeldeon.

Be eager and don't be shy. Everyone at Nickelodeon is extremely nice, so during interviews be sure to be confident and fun! If you are in the intership, remember that 10-weeks goes by really fast, so hit the ground running and take advantage of every opportunity given to you.

Advice to Management

Nothing - the Nickelodeon internship is truly superb!

Questions are based off your resume and experiences you've had that might fit well with working in production on a TV show.

If you find yourself bored at your desk, what would you do?

Be challenged. Learn from the best talent in the business. Make lifelong friends.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were several equally great factors. The people were amazing, at Nick even the busiest, most well-respected artists are willing to take time away and give a class to interns, or schedule meetings for us to learn from them one-on-one. Everyone is extremely nurturing and supportive, and very down to earth. The level of responsibility I was given, while challenging, was one of the best educational experiences I had during college - maybe the best. And I made some of my best friends here in LA through the Nicktern program- we still talk to this day.

I disliked how narrow a window of time I had to find an apartment after getting the internship, only 2 weeks which is difficult in the LA real estate market. But that's really about it.

The Nick internship program under Amy Wu is the strongest it's been in years - I've heard that from multiple past classes as well. She's worked incredibly hard to make sure we get the most out of our time at the studio.

Advice to Management

I think the compensation could be a little higher. Besides that, I'm very happy with this place.

Why do you want to work at Nickelodeon?

A lot of the skills required for production can be learned on the job, specific knowledge of software for instance, but one thing they expect you to have coming in is a strong personality that can work under deadlines, and ultimately a passion for animation that will set you up for success in the future.

Want to learn from the best in the industry? Apply to the Nickelodeon Animation Internship Program!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

There was an incredible opportunity to learn about the animation industry as well as getting to meet people who have had a profound impact on the company. The supervisors genuinely care about your success as a professional, and will work as hard as they can to help you if needed.

I know this isn't the answer you are looking for, but leaving everyday was actually the worst part of the internship. I genuinely loved my time there, and I know I should be writing something that Nick needs to improve on, but for my personal experience I can not think of one thing that needed to be improved for me to have a better time in that internship program.

Be ready to learn from everyone around you- everyone is a resource, no one is competition, genuinely be kind and be a friend, and meet with people and get to know their stories and experiences- it will make all the difference.

What is your favorite Nick character and why? What Nick character are you most like? Can you tell me a time when you didn't succeed and how you overcame that failure? Tell me a little bit about yourself. What classes are you taking right now and what did you like about them?

This experience was fun, informative, and life-changing!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting the opportunity to meet with industry professionals regardless of their department and talk with them about practically anything, working in a friendly, warm environment every single day, and every aspect of the job was fun too.

I felt there was no cons to this internship! I am completely happy with every aspect of it!

Be friendly and nice to everyone, don't be afraid to start reaching out to people even during the first week, and say 'yes' as much as possible!

One question I distinctly remember being asked was "Can you give an example of how you handled conflict in the past?", as well as "What are some of your favorite Nickelodeon shows?".