Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Experience that was closer to making my childhood dream a reality. Great learning experience that I will never forget.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Chance to work on a real animation production
-Exclusive class/workshops for interns
-Great company culture

My semester felt like a transitional phase for the company, so a lot of former employees left. We were unable to meet them.

Research the company. Basic communication skills are very important. Have a desire to learn as much as you can while being personable. People enjoy a person they like having around.

Rewarding, Instructive, and full of excitment with unlimited possiblities.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people from different departments and learning the structure of the studio.

Maybe if the company could help with getting interns apartments if traveling from other parts of the country.

The atmosphere of Nickelodeon is incredible because everyone is so welcoming and friendly. It's a great place to learn different jobs within the pipeline at Nick while meeting great people along the way.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if Nick had art workshops for employees to take part in like sculpting, figure drawing, etc.

One of the best experiences i've ever had. Met great people in the industry and made life long friends with my intern group.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to speak to whoever you want in the company and really understand what networking is. I really felt a sense of family within the company and people really invested in me. I was trained on how to be a PA and was really shown the ins and outs of the business.

I don't have one bad thing to say about the program. You really get a lot out of the internship.

Always have a great attitude and work hard. Your hard work does get noticed and opportunity for advancement is there. You get what you put into the internship.

Advice to Management

I received so much more than i anticipated so the program met and exceeded my expectations.

Students reluctant to return to school after having amazing summer experiences interning at Nickelodeon
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting Nickelodeon artists, being able to learn how to use After Effects and Lightwave, getting to know the process behind how an animation is made at Nickelodeon, meeting other interns who shared the same interests and passions as I did, getting to visit other Viacom companies, such as Paramount and going to free movie screenings there, learning about mentorship and other important aspects of job searching at Nickelodeon, and so much more! I could go on for a while.

That is was only two months! I wish it could have lasted longer, although I had to go back to school in the fall.

Interning at Nickelodeon is an amazing opportunity. Whether you're interested in writing, making art, or a production job, there are many different paths that lead to interning at Nick! It is a great chance to be able to meet people in the animation industry (some of who might have been your childhood heroes!) and find out how they got to Nick and what their day-to-day routine is. Working at Nickelodeon is a tremendous opportunity that you should definitely apply for.

Advice to Management

Perhaps changing the internship to paid would have attracted more applicants, but nonetheless I really enjoyed every aspect of the internship.

Fantastic Internship Opportunity Leads to Great New Connections and Educational Goals
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved being able to network with (and get advice and feedback from) the artists who created my favorite shows as a kid. I've always admired their work, and to hear their stories and get their ideas about my own stuff was amazing! I also loved how we weren't treated as interns, we were treated like we were full-time employees

It wasn't paid, so having to take a class for credit at my school cut into the amount of time I could spend doing work at the studio.

Make sure to be thorough with your resume and cover letter, and also see if you can meet anyone who has gone through the program or works there. They can give you advice on it.

Advice to Management

Please reply to emails faster. Not getting a response for a long time (or at all) creates confusion, and it's counter to what we've learned about professionalism.

Better Learning Experience than a Classroom!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were always willing to sit down and talk to you as an indvidual, not as though you were a peon that was under them (Even the VP). Everyone I interacted with was willing to answewr any question I had or direct me to someone that could.

As an artist I also formed a mentorship bond with many of the artists at Nickelodeon.

That is had to end.

I was really disapointed and saddened when I had to turn in my badge, I wanted to stay forever. Even if I had to live under someone's desk ... okay maybe that was too creepy, but its how I felt.

Advice to Management

I would have loved to have more classes! I would have skipped the college classes to go to Nickelodeon ones!

The most fun, welcoming, encouraging, eye opening, and information packed internship I could've ever asked for.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the creative atmosphere, the willingness of everyone to share their knowledge/experience, the classes, the intern events.

There is honestly nothing negative I can say about my experience as a Nicktern. I interned over the summer semester, and was astounded with all of the events and classes that were planned for us to experience in just three months.

Meet with as many people as humanly possible. Everyone is very willing to share experience and advice with interns - it's a huge part of the culture at Nick. Speaking with industry professionals one on one, which is an incredibly rare opportunity in itself, is very important to discovering what you want to pursue and where to pursue it. Aside from that, coming into work everyday validates, in itself, why people love to be here.

Advice to Management

Not one complaint.

Nick Animation Studio's Best Kept Secret: The Facilities Department
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting great people and learning how the business of animation works on a practical level.

The time flew by too quickly!

Relax. Be professional. Be ready and willing to learn a ton about the business. Ask questions and have a great attitude!

Advice to Management

n/a

Best internship experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, meetings, mentoring, and how easy it is to meet the most talented people in the animation enterainment industry. Especially how friendly and helpful every single person is.

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Take advantage of meeting people and get as much mentoring from the people working at the studio to help you in whatever aspect you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The organization already does what it can to make the internship as best as it could for the interns.

A life-changing opportunity.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, learning, and the great environment at Nickelodeon.

It isn't paid.

It is a fantastic place to intern.

Advice to Management

I think that there could be some type of compensation.