Intern at Nickelodeon NICKternship Program? Submit a Review

You Won't Believe What the Best Internship in Animation Is

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to meet my heroes! Butch Hartman, Steve Hillenberg and so many other champions of animation were not only a walk away, but very friendly and willing to share their time. Over that summer, I also met with industry Nick professionals with 5+ shows under their belt, who gave me critical feedback on my design and story work.

It was too short, and I wish I had better transportation to and from the studio that summer as I didn't have a car. But that's more of an LA issue.

Cherish every moment by taking advantage of the space: meetings with artists, going above and beyond for one's department, and staying in touch afterwards will continue to build your relationship with the studio and reap rewards later on.

Advice to Management

I don't have too much, honestly - just keep valuing young talent, and stay open to ideas at the high degree to which you've been fulfilling that

What is your greatest weakness?
What do you know about happening at the studio lately?

The Best 10 Week Job Interview for One of the most Inspiring and Exciting Companies in the World

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Classes and informational. The open and honest company culture.

Absolutely nothing.

That ANYONE is willing to sit down with you to tell your story, from a PA to a Senior Vice President.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't change a thing.

If you were a NickToon, which NickToon would you be?
What type of salad dressing would you be?
Talk about a conflict you've encountered and how you dealt with it.

The most INCREDIBLE experience of my life

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My internship allowed me to explore so many different parts of the animation industry and allowed me to create connections with professionals working in the industry.

I disliked how I could only work 4 days a week because I would have loved to work 5 days a week! I loved every second at Nickelodeon!

I would say be as proactive as you can in reaching out to set up interviews with Nickelodeon employees. The special thing about Nickelodeon is the culture. Everyone is so encouraging and helpful that it is so easy to feel inspired. Take the time to reach out and hear everyone's story.

Advice to Management

I loved the work place! Nickelodeon is one of the best jobs I have ever had.

What would be your ideal boss and coworker?

From wide-eyed dreamer to full-time employee in 10 short weeks.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Nickelodeon prioritizes its interns and considers them vital members of their production teams. Every day I went into the studio, I felt like I was a part of something, and that my work was directly contributing to the success of our project. I was never given busy work. I was never pushed aside. I'm proud of the work I did at Nick, and I'm even more proud to know that I was chosen to continue that work as a full-time employee.

It would be quite a stretch for me to try and find anything worth nitpicking. Amy and her team really went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and appreciated. My only complaint would be that the usual 10-week semester length is woefully short, but considering I was selected to stay on for an additional 15 weeks after my initial 10, I can barely complain about that either. Finding a place to stay in Los Angeles on short notice is incredibly difficult, but I can hardly blame that on Nick.

At the time of writing, My internship concluded less than 4 months ago. I have already found work in my chosen field, and so have almost all of my fellow internship alumni. The few that have not found work are either finishing up at school or are still actively taking interviews. I have complete faith that all of us will find work in the near future. If the point of an internship is to transform one into an ideal candidate for a position in their chosen field, then Nickelodeon has succeeded with flying colors.

Advice to Management

I believe it would be in Nickelodeons best interest to continue promoting the extension policy. I owe so much to my second quarter at Nickelodeon, and being able to help out my team and learn from them for much longer than the usual 10 week period allowed me to become far more confident as an employment candidate than I believe I would have been otherwise.

"Can you recall a time when you were able to solve a problem in a group setting?"

"Which Nickelodeon character would you say describes your personality most accurately?"

"Can you share an example of your organizational skills and how you utilize these skills in your everyday life?"

Nickelodeon turned my dreams of working in the animation industry into a reality.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amazing and incredible company atmosphere, people and opportunities.

I only wish it was longer than 10 weeks.

Be open minded and open to every opportunity that will come your way.

What interests you most about Nickelodeon?
What are some of your favorite Nickelodeon shows?
What are your greatest strengths?
Do you work well with a team?

Wonderful learning experience with lots of incredible people

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to actually contribute to all the team meetings about scripts or pitches was the best part.

I loved being able to build relationships with my team in development, and figure out more about what I want to do within the entertainment industry.

make sure your relationship with your supervisors is strong!

The greatest experience I ever had in America.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment. Everyone is very supportive and nice - you can get out of a lot of things from this internship.

There is no option to choose departments you'd like to be in. No artistic position in the general internship.

Knowing more of their products, like animations they've made, making, will make.

The Nickternship Saved My Life!

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Amazing intership coordinator, befriending fellow interns, helping full-time employees who really cared about your personal growth

Nothing, honestly!

Make sure you can dedicate a good chunk of your semester to the internship. It is best to plunge in whole-heartedly and be fully invested while you're here.

Nickelodeon internship provides opportunities for students in the animation industry.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that work around you are alway friendly and willing to talk with you about their day to day, which is incredibly inspiring as a young artist looking to make it into the industry. They also provide art tests for interns that allow them to practice at an industry skill level.

They do not provide housing for interns outside the area, so the commute from orange county was rough.

PLEASE be yourself and don't try so hard to impress everyone! As long as you're a hard competent worker and easy to get along with then you'll have no problem making contacts here.

Advice to Management

If management could reach out to their team and help introduce the intern into the working environment it really reduces the stress and nervousness the intern is already feeling.

Why do you want to work at Nickelodeon?
How do you think you will fit in here?
What does animation mean to you?

Summer of Dreams for Small Town Kid

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The open door policy at Nickelodeon allows you to set up an appointment to meet with anyone in the studio and ask them about their story or advice.

I can't knock it. I absolutely have loved my time here.

If you want to get hired don't apply here til you are in the final semester of your senior year.

Advice to Management

Offer more job interview scenarios

What Nickelodeon character do you most relate to?