Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

One of the Best Experiences in My Life!

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working closely with artists and show creators.

There were no cons.

Stay Positive, be proactive. Enjoy it!

An excellent internship where you could rub elbows with inspiring and helpful veterans in the industry.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people of Nickelodeon are the best part of the internship. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. They want you to grow and learn from the experience, not just someone to work for them. The parties was pretty great too!

When I did the internship there was a lot of changes in the program because of personnel changes. When I was interning there was not as many classes than there is now. Besides that we still had a very busy 10 weeks.

Be yourself, be humble, excited and eager to learn. Know that even though you are in a different department that you want to be there are ways to still make a connection with people who you want to be.

Advice to Management

I wish there was more programs to foster growth in the artists; like figure drawing classes, painting class, etc.

- how did you handle difficult situations?
- what kind of projects did you work on, which ones are your favorite?

Nickterns learn the essentials of thriving in the animation industry through daily contribution, intern classes, and community.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the chances to meet with artists and have portfolio reviews of my storyboard portfolio. I also enjoyed hearing the experiences of other artists who started off in production and transitioned into art. We also had the chance to meet other interns in our class.

There weren't really any cons, I just wish I did not have a 90 mile commute a day during my internship.

Make sure you sound enthusiastic about Nickelodeon specifically and that you are aware of CURRENT shows and not just past 90s shows that you grew up on. Also make sure to have a general understanding of the animation television industry specifically. Show an interest in production even if you want to be an artist because all of these internships are production based.

Advice to Management

I think clearer and more transparent communication between executives and artists will help to bridge the gap in understanding as the company moves through a period of change. Being upfront and honest without trying to sugarcoat issues with political buzzwords will help to strengthen existing bonds of trust between all members of the Nickelodeon community.

What is it about Nickelodeon that attracted you to this internship?

What is your career end goal?

What are past experiences that were difficult for you in the workplace, and how did you overcome them?

What traits do you think are most important for teamwork?

Nickternship Addiction: Once You are Part of the Nick Studios Family, You Never Want to Leave

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

family oriented culture, FUN, execs easy to talk to, learned valuable career skills like Photoshop & FileMaker Pro 12, intern workshops to bond with intern class and learn new skills

As somebody who isn't an artist, I wish there were a bit more classes focused on what non-artist jobs are like.

Absolutely apply here if you are interested in animation or the entertainment industry overall! You are treated like family right when you walk in the door. As an intern you get to work on relevant, important assignments and you are encouraged and supported every day. You get really close to your intern class, and the employees that you work with. I never wanted to leave...and when I had to go back to school, I knew I wanted to end up back at Nick Studios!

Advice to Management

It would be nice if the hourly rate was a tad bit better, although I know it is consistent with the industry standard.

Pretty standard questions about your relevant experience to the position

Join the Nickelodeon family to make connections, learn about all aspects of the entertainment industry, and have fun while doing it.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Our program involved many meetings with executives and other people at Nickelodeon. We were encouraged to reach out to people at Nickelodeon to set up individual meetings to learn about their careers. Additionally, we were invited to intern classes where we got to learn about many different aspects of the entertainment industry. Our internship coordinator was very involved with our program and put herself at our disposal almost 24/7. She set up all of our meetings, classes, and events that brought all of us interns together and taught us a great deal about the internship. Also, FREE FOOD. There is free breakfast everyday and random treats and snacks would appear in the kitchen throughout the day. Additionally, working for Viacom offers many benefits including access to movie screenings and other events.

The only thing I didn't like about my internship was having to leave at the end. Also, having more access to Nickelodeon merchandise would have been nice.

Don't be afraid to say hi to people in the office! Everyone is very friendly and happy to help you learn about their careers and the work that they do. Also, take advantage of every intern opportunity that comes your way. There are plenty of events, meetings, and classes to fill your time and they are so worth it.

Advice to Management

Having more students from the mid-west and other places around the country would be nice. There were a great deal of students from California schools. Additionally, providing interns with suggestions on places to stay (and where to rent a car) and during the internship would be beneficial.

My interview was based on the specific position/department that I was applying for, it would not be relevant for most interviewees.

Top Ten Internship in the US

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Mentorship, access to all levels of personnel, preparation for the industry.

Although now interns are paid, when I was an intern it was only for college credit.

Nickelodeon is a fun, creative, and exciting company that encourages people to exude such traits. Each day is fun but also educational and rewarding.

Childhood Dream Turned Reality. Reality Did Not Disappoint.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

INCREDIBLE support for the interns throughout my time at Nickelodeon. I had the flexibility to meet with artists not only on the show I was working on, but across every single show Nick produces. Additionally, having the opportunity to take practice design and story tests for shows (and get REAL feedback from REAL artists on the show) really helped prepare me for what would be expected of me if I got the chance to actually test for an artistic position on a show later on.,

Cliche, but the length. I wish I had more time to explore all that Nickelodeon had to offer.

APPLY. I'd applied two times without any response before I actually got an interview. No matter what area of entertainment you're going into, Nickelodeon has so much going on under the surface that isn't just making cartoons. If you're an animation student, you'd be hard pressed to find another studio that gives so much advice and guidance for your career. Bar none one of the best experiences I've ever had.

The ability to grow and gain experience through strong mentorship, hard work, and a wonderful culture

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The office environment and the people were the best aspect of the internship. Not only do you get to learn in your individual department, but you are also surrounded by some of the most talented and successful people who eagerly want to share their expertise with you. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and wants to support you and watch you grow. You are able to gain such great exposure to the field and make long lasting relationships with everyone there.

I wish that the internship time period was longer. Three months go by so fast and I would have loved to spent more time working there.

Nickelodeon is a strong brand and you must be prepared to go in there and do your best. Your peers are such talented individuals and you can learn so much from them. If you truly want the best internship experience, Nickelodeon is the place to be. The people are hard working, friendly, inspirational, and they also know how to have fun.

One of the greatest internship for students!

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and the student friendly atmosphere.

Leaving and being unable to network more.

Always bring a jacket because it gets cold; enjoy the bagels every morning; and meet as many employers as possible to create your Network; explore different positions and have fun!

Joy, Community, Laughter, Thankful

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting with whomever was willing, People caring about my career path, Family in and outside the studio, Being able to be a part of something that so many people will enjoy and appreciate

Having to leave (to return for my senior year of college)

If you want to work in Animation, apply to the Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship Program. You will be given an amazing opportunity to meet with all different people across the pre and post production pipelines. You will discover the secrets to what employers in entertainment are looking for in an ideal candidate. You'll gain many mentors and friends. Be excited and be enthusiastic.

Advice to Management

N/A