Intern at Nickelodeon NICKternship Program? Submit a Review

Ready to have the Slime of Your Life? Become a NICKtern!

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to work side by side and learn from industry professionals through tasks and intern classes, learning about executives' paths to their careers and hearing life advice, developing relationships with fellow interns, and obviously, getting slimed!

I wish I had more time to attend all of the incredible events they had planned for us!

Nickelodeon is Kids First, Creator Driven, and mentorship focused. Be ready to be developed professionally through hands on work. Your team wants you to succeed, so put your all into this internship- and as Amy says, it's a ten week job interview!

Amazing experience that has opened many doors and connected me with fantastic people

Experience

There was nothing I found negative

I have nothing negative to say

BEST INTERNSHIP EVER

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The staff really cares about mentorship and wants you to grow.

There were no cons!

I wish I had known how amazing this place is to work! I would have applied sooner!

You get in what you put out. Infinite opportunities.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and the freedom to reach out to anyone, from PA to VP, to get coffee.

The pressure/stress to do everything it has to offer in only 10 weeks. Basically, it's too short.

Your supers want a friend just as much as an employee. Be comfortable around them. Be cool, don't just be business. Also, don't do the internship while doing a second job.

Advice to Management

Everyone needs to be more candid. There's a lot of riddles.

What is your biggest flaw? (I was asked that, but I liked it!)

Prepare yourself for the real world with an abundance of creative resources and free bagels.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the mix of hands on work in the industry and weekly classes/meeting with creators and industry professionals in order to better our knowledge of the industry and give us necessary skills to enter the working world.

My least favorite part of the internship was that it ends.

Before coming to Nick I wish I had known how truly dedicated everyone at Nick Animation Studios was to creating a healthy and progressive work environment. You truly don't get to fully understand how amazing Nickelodeon is until you start to work there. Also, I would say get ready for free food because there is a lot of it.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would suggest is that interns be paid a little more than they currently do. I know it is actually uncommon for internships to provide compensation, but I think for the quality of work that interns put in and due to the cost of living going up I think a slight pay raise would greatly benefit the interns.

How would you describe Nickelodeon in one word? How would you describe yourself in one word? What is one Nickelodeon character that you associate with?

A studio that fully understands the valuable investment of teaching interns

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Nickelodeon understands the value in teaching those "lower" on the totem pole. The higher-ups were so incredibly willing to donate their time, knowledge, and experience to interns (despite their crazy schedules), which made each day a true joy to come in to work. This is not an internship where you are a nameless coffee-runner - instead, you are there to soak up valuable industry lessons and put your best foot forward as a potential full-time candidate. My experience as a Nicktern will always have a special place in my heart.

Although I understand the limits of an semester-based internship, 10 weeks felt like a rather short time span to really ingrain oneself in the studio's culture.

Take advantage of the intern lunches! The internship coordinator, Amy Wu, works so hard to make these lunches frequently available to all of the interns and they are truly amazing. I learned so much just in these 1 hr time blocks!

Advice to Management

The internship extension policies were a bit unclear (i.e. who can be extended by Viacom's policies, why are some extensions longer than others, etc.?).

Please tell us about a time that you made a big mistake and how you went about correcting it? What is your favorite Nick show? Tell us about your time in (organization) at college?

Nickelodeon's intership program is life-changing.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to start the program with a mentality laid out that everyone in the company is accessible. That was the best aspect. You did not feel afraid or intimidated in wanting to make an informational meeting with someone. It was such a welcoming environment and all students were appreciated.

The 10 weeks is not enough, but it makes you cherish the program that much more! Luckily I was able to get extended.

This is pretty much one of the best internships you could get in the entertainment/tv/animation field. This studio is extremely special in which you have a mix of the animation industry plus live action (now we have done a merge in the office). Take advantage of being in a well diverse studio where you have the opportunity to sit down and talk with a professional. I wish I would have known how valuable informational meetings were before I started!

Advice to Management

Our internship program is wonderful and we get assigned to paint a mural each semester at a public school. It was just a bit confusing about if those hours working on the mural were compensated or not. That is my only advice; to make it clear if we were compensated or not.

Why do you want to work for Nickelodeon?
Can you describe a time that you made a mistake and what did you do to fix it?

You truly learn what you need to know to get a job out of college and thrive in the animation industry.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The classes on various Animation professions they provided. The talks they organized with executives and higher-up creatives. The very hands-on experience you get in your internship. The deep connections you make with other interns.

There was nothing I disliked about my internship.

Just be open to everyone who wants to help you in your journey.

What makes you stand our from other candidates? Why do you want to work for Nick? What inspires you as a person?

The best internship a grown up kid could dream of

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The classes and lectures offered (3-4 a week during lunch, with free food!), the intern bonding games and events... including slime!, the mentorship and networking opportunities, the hands on work within your department, getting to explore every department in the studio

I liked everything

This is the best job I've ever had and my favorite company I've ever worked for. I spoiled myself for the future with this internship because nothing will ever be as fun!

Name a Nickelodeon character who you are similar to.

Student learns more than she did in 10 weeks than 4 years in art school from actually being in a giant working studio.

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, learning, amazing food, and having everyone be so nice.

Nothing honestly, I know that sounds lame but it's true.

It's better to do it when you are close to graduating college because there is more of a chance that you will get a job.

Advice to Management

Nothing, super diverse group with awesome people!

How would you handle a dispute in the office, what nick show is your favorite, what nick character are you like and why, etc.