Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

Best internship experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Free food, meetings, mentoring, and how easy it is to meet the most talented people in the animation enterainment industry. Especially how friendly and helpful every single person is.

There is nothing I don't like about it.

Take advantage of meeting people and get as much mentoring from the people working at the studio to help you in whatever aspect you can.

Advice to Management

Nothing. The organization already does what it can to make the internship as best as it could for the interns.

The most fun, welcoming, encouraging, eye opening, and information packed internship I could've ever asked for.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the culture, the creative atmosphere, the willingness of everyone to share their knowledge/experience, the classes, the intern events.

There is honestly nothing negative I can say about my experience as a Nicktern. I interned over the summer semester, and was astounded with all of the events and classes that were planned for us to experience in just three months.

Meet with as many people as humanly possible. Everyone is very willing to share experience and advice with interns - it's a huge part of the culture at Nick. Speaking with industry professionals one on one, which is an incredibly rare opportunity in itself, is very important to discovering what you want to pursue and where to pursue it. Aside from that, coming into work everyday validates, in itself, why people love to be here.

Advice to Management

Not one complaint.

Experience that was closer to making my childhood dream a reality. Great learning experience that I will never forget.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Chance to work on a real animation production
-Exclusive class/workshops for interns
-Great company culture

My semester felt like a transitional phase for the company, so a lot of former employees left. We were unable to meet them.

Research the company. Basic communication skills are very important. Have a desire to learn as much as you can while being personable. People enjoy a person they like having around.

One of the best experiences i've ever had. Met great people in the industry and made life long friends with my intern group.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunity to speak to whoever you want in the company and really understand what networking is. I really felt a sense of family within the company and people really invested in me. I was trained on how to be a PA and was really shown the ins and outs of the business.

I don't have one bad thing to say about the program. You really get a lot out of the internship.

Always have a great attitude and work hard. Your hard work does get noticed and opportunity for advancement is there. You get what you put into the internship.

Advice to Management

I received so much more than i anticipated so the program met and exceeded my expectations.

Rewarding, Instructive, and full of excitment with unlimited possiblities.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people from different departments and learning the structure of the studio.

Maybe if the company could help with getting interns apartments if traveling from other parts of the country.

The atmosphere of Nickelodeon is incredible because everyone is so welcoming and friendly. It's a great place to learn different jobs within the pipeline at Nick while meeting great people along the way.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if Nick had art workshops for employees to take part in like sculpting, figure drawing, etc.

Fantastic Internship Opportunity Leads to Great New Connections and Educational Goals
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved being able to network with (and get advice and feedback from) the artists who created my favorite shows as a kid. I've always admired their work, and to hear their stories and get their ideas about my own stuff was amazing! I also loved how we weren't treated as interns, we were treated like we were full-time employees

It wasn't paid, so having to take a class for credit at my school cut into the amount of time I could spend doing work at the studio.

Make sure to be thorough with your resume and cover letter, and also see if you can meet anyone who has gone through the program or works there. They can give you advice on it.

Advice to Management

Please reply to emails faster. Not getting a response for a long time (or at all) creates confusion, and it's counter to what we've learned about professionalism.

A very motivating and inspiring experience.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The most positive aspect of the internship was being able to connect and meet with employees of all different backgrounds and get feedback and advice from them. Everyone was there to help you succeed and help seek out your potential in your career.

A con to the internship is that it is unpaid. However, majority of internships are unpaid so it was taken into consideration when applying for the internship. A plus side of it being unpaid allows you to show your dedication to work hard and learn, which is why I'm sure there is such a high hiring rate of former interns.

The best advice I could give to potential interns is to have a positive attitude. Say yes to opportunities and don't hesitate. Always be considerate and be sure to write thank you notes after interviews and meeting with people! It goes a long way. Be the kind of person you would want to work with.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome. I had an incredibly healthy experience during my internship and it was because of the people. They wanted you to learn and they wanted you to have a great experience. Very positive work environment.

Catapulting Experience into Real Industry: Time at Nickelodeon is Time Well Spent
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities, the attitude of everyone that works there, the intern classes/seminars, the real world experience/advice from professionals, getting to meet people I idolize in my pursued field, the employment opportunities

I would have liked the summer term to be longer. I also would have liked to be at the establishment full-time.

Nick is a great place to work! The people there are true professionals and welcome you in like family. There's a great sense of community and fun to keep the creativity alive. It's one of the best places to work in the animation industry in my opinion.

Advice to Management

I wanted to be there more than just three days a week. I would have loved a full-time internship instead of part-time. Also, more intern classes would have been great!

An internship program that will change your life.

networking

There in nothing I don't like about this place. This studio is now my dream place to work at.

Nickelodeo Animation Studio believes in work hard and have fun!

Advice to Management

compensation

The best learning experience I've ever had
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about production on the show I was assigned, meeting people in the studio, fun activities and classes with the other interns

it was too short, and I wish I could intern more days

At Nickelodeon Animation Studio, I was able to get an inside look of producing cartoons for children's television. I was able to meet many people at the studio who were all friendly and willing to help me out. It was the best summer I've ever had, and one filled of learning and fun activities at the studio.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if it were paid internship, but just being able to be at the studio I didn't mind really.