Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Nickeloden internship exceeded my expectations and would do it all over again in a heart beat!

Having one-on-one meetings with executives and with other employees in other departments.

Unavailability of job openings.

Strong work ethic

Advice to Management

None that I can think of.

Fantastic

Networking

Nothing - I loved it all

Everyone at the studio is always willing to sit down with you and help you learn.

Advice to Management

Paying interns would be great

Nickternally grateful

The real life experience and training, the Nicktern comradely and professionalism, and getting to meet and work with some of the most skilled artists and storytellers in the industry. Oh and the food!

That I was in the last unpaid intern class.

Nickelodeon is a network of creative fun-loving individuals bent on leading the way in kids television.

Advice to Management

Entry level compensation could be more competitive, as well as offering health opportunities like fitness classes.

Date: 2013

The best in depth experience at an animation studio you'll get!

Meeting with employees at the studio and the friendly and open environment.

The very small work space given to me and my internship partner.

Go in feeling confident. don't expect anyone to hand things to you, you need to break out of your shell, keep a professional attitude, and get to know as many employees as you can. Make real connections and friendships there.

Date: 2013

Nickelodeon Animation Studios: "Will Not Only Teach You, But Give You a Once in a Lifetime Experience."

The fact that we could interview a lot of people and that we were assigned work and not asked to just get coffee.

Everything was perfect.

Enjoy your time there. Do not feel pressure by other interns if they are doing more.

Advice to Management

Nothing.

Date: 2013

This internship is the job anyone could ever dream of having.

Meeting the people who are successful in the industry and them giving you advice and helping you succeed as much as they did. Everyone was super friendly and always willing to help.

There is nothing I did not like about the internship.

Always be grateful, friendly, polite, do your job, and take advantage of your time as an intern.

Advice to Management

I think more training in communication is really important in the industry. Whether it's in person, email, or phone calls, having manners or being polite is really significant.

Date: 2013

An Experience that you will never forget.

The work we had, the classes and the culture of the company. Everyone was so welcoming and nice. The ability to have meetings with people was nice as well.

I didn't like the lack of group events besides classes we had as interns. I would've liked more casual events. Also I would have liked the internship to be longer even though I did get to extend mine for 2-3 extra weeks.

Be flexiable. The company is very relaxed and they want to work with people they like. It's not super coporate which I loved.

Date: 2013

Everything an artist needs to start a successful career in animation.

All the intern events, networking opportunities were great. The overall mood of the office was very welcoming and friendly. The people in the office were always willing to help in any way as well as meet with me just to get to know each other. Getting to see the process of a CG show was a really cool part of the internship.

Sometimes I didn't always have work to do while I was in the studio. At least one day a week would be a slow day. But even on those days, I enjoyed being at work.

Work hard, don't be sloppy (check your work), be friendly and always willing to do whatever work someone might need help with. Meet people and be yourself!

Advice to Management

I'm very happy with the way Nickelodeon does things.

Date: 2013

Expect a nurturing and caring environment.

Being given the liberty to meet with people and learn about the industry. The attention interns get. The classess they offer. The culture of the studio.

I had to use up a lot of my extra funds to commutte to work, it would have been nice to get paid.

This is a place where quirkiness and hard work is deeply admired.

Advice to Management

The hiring process should be a little more thorough.

Date: 2013

Being part of the Nickelodeon Internship Program is productive, educational, and FUN!

Meeting with so many awesome industry professionals and gaining valuable work experience.

There wasn't anything I didn't like about the internship program. I would have liked more opportunities to network and get know my fellow interns and intership coordinators.

Network and make those connections early and often during this internship.

Advice to Management

I feel like getting to know the interns on a personal level will increase the ability to potentially place them in full time positions down the road as well as help teach and establish networking opportunities.