Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

Friends, Fun, & a lot of Free Food! The Best Internship Around!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

My favorite aspect is how much the company as a whole valued us as interns. More than half of the employees working at the studio were former interns so they really took the time to get to know us and to teach us. It's great how many intern events we had during our time in addition to our internship there were workshops, classes, and TONS of networking events. They really made us feel special and part of the team.

There was so much going on outside of the internship that I found it hard to juggle it with another internship & classes. But I loved everything about it!

They really want people who will become a part of the nick family so always go in with a positive attitude and an open mind!

Why Nickelodeon?
What do you hope to get out of this internship?

Nickelodeon: An opportunity to not only learn from, but befriend, some of the most talented and creative people in the industry

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Organized internship program where interns are truly integrated into the company
- Getting to do interesting tasks and actually feeling valued on the team- I never got anyone a cup of coffee!
- Special classes for interns to learn about a variety of different departments and skill-sets
- Intern camaraderie
- Informational Interviews
- Sessions devoted to helping improve resumes and portfolios for future job placement
- Striving to actually hire their interns for full-time positions
- Head of internship's willingness to answer questions and take personal meetings with interns
- Exciting work environment with so many activities and events going on
- Devotion to giving back to the community with the intern community service project
- Diversity of not only the intern program, but studio as a whole
- Game nights!! Such fun, and made some of the interns some of my closest friends.
- Getting Slimed

- Started a bit too late in the semester. I would have loved to have started earlier in January.

- Take advantage of informational interviews as soon as you start. The more people you meet and learn from, the better you understand the company and maybe determine what kind of role you truly want to have in this industry. You also meet great people with interesting stories!

Advice to Management

- Maybe slightly higher pay? But honestly, with the amount of programs geared towards interns and exciting events throughout the semester, it was not a big deal. However, I could see how for students who struggle financially how a slightly higher pay could help them out.

- Why Nickelodeon
- What are your career goals
- What sort of classes have you taken
- Do you like to read
- How did you like your past internships

Dream Come True Internship

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Wonderful team that want to help you succeed and learn.

Absolutely nothing not to like.

A great place to discover who you are, what you want and what you will be.

Hands on experience with amazing networking opportunities in a friendly and welcoming environment

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship program offers weekly in-studio classes to help interns explore different areas of the company. There are also many volunteer opportunities and networking events within the studio.

There was nothing I did not like about the internship.

Nickelodeon offers people the opportunity to grow with the company. Everyone is happy to help each other and it creates an extremely welcoming environment.

"Why did you choose your school?"
"What is more important, deadlines or details?"

It was an amazing experience.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Room for growth and advancement.

There was not one thing I did not like.

There was great informational classes and meetings for the interns to get feedback.

I always dreamed of working at Nickelodeon - now I'm here!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Nickelodeon does a fantastic job of creating a real "work family" vibe at all levels of the organization, and the internship program here feels like a "welcoming in." The studio really encouraged me as an intern to meet with as many people as possible - artists, producers, show creators - and make as many connections as I could. It didn't feel like anyone, not even Senior Vice Presidents, was too important to take time to meet with interns. The opportunity to do practice art tests for current series gave me more of an understanding of what I would be exposed to in future job applications, as well, and got me face to face with art directors for critical feedback on my work. Additionally, as a production intern, I was given an inside look at what goes into making cartoons, and learned valuable lessons that I'm using day-to-day in my current role as a Production Assistant.

The length of the internship is too short! I'm glad I made it back to Nickelodeon as a full-time employee, but I know some people in more isolated departments may have a harder time inherently meeting new people outside of their circle.

APPLY. If you're an animation student, this is absolutely hands-down one of the best places to start your career.

Most helpful and fun internship ever!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The friendly, passionate environment of the studio, the people working there, the work I was doing, and the classes and events offered through the internship program.

I wish the internship lasted longer!

Don't be afraid to reach out to people during the internship- they want to help! Also, the 10 weeks pass by quickly so make sure to make the most out of them!

Happy, Helpful, Hardworking: Intern Learns That It Really Is The People That Make a Company Great

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people! The people at Nickelodeon are so unbelievably nice and are really to help you in any way that they can. Being able to meet with people from around the studio and ask them about what they do and how they got their start really not only allowed me to get some really great advice but also helped me narrow down my future career goals. Having the opportunity to meet with the Nickelodeon recruiter one-on-one was probably the most helpful part of this internship. He went over my resume and cover letter with me and told me ways to improve it, as well as gave me tips on ways to get my first job out of college. Overall, one of the best things about Nickelodeon is how everyone seems to want you to succeed. And they're willing to go above and beyond to make sure that you do that.

At times it was stressful to balance being a full-time student with a 20 hour work week.

Be passionate, be persistent, and be kind.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
Why do you want to work at Nickelodeon?

Being a NICKtern opens doors to not only job opportunities but creative insight and inspiration.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship was getting to meet so many people in the industry and how it inspires you and pushes you to be more involved and open to network; something I never thought I was capable of doing previously. There is no place I've ever been to that has been as inspiring as the studio and the employees of Nickelodeon and the amazing work that's produced. The Internship definitely has so much to offer and I felt like it offers much more than most internships do. Those who are in charge of the internship has since changed but they continue to keep up the energy and encouragement that I had experienced.

the thing I liked least about the internship has since been addressed. During my time of interning we had to be enrolled in classes and with this internship having so many applicants it took many tries to get into the program. By then I had just graduated and had to enroll in extra classes just to qualify. I found it completely worth it but I know for many graduates who are just barely starting to get onto their feet it can be a struggle. Now, the internship no longer requires you to be enrolled in classes and is even now a paid internship which I find completely amazing and is a huge plus!

Please don't be quiet and complacent. Please offer to help your team/supervisor any chance you get. Show your interests in the company regularly and always take advantage of all the classes, meet ups, and events the studio offers. It's completely worth it and pushes you to break out of your shell.

The Nickelodeon Internship program changed my life!

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture and mentorship aspects, also the responsibility Nick gives their interns.

My commute to Los Angeles.

Don't give up - keep applying! Join a club or something at school to make your resume stand out in a pile of 1,000.

"If you were a salad dressing, what would you be?"