Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

Best place to work and have fun!

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to meet real working industry professionals (being able to set up informational interviews)
Great classes such as a character design class, a writing class, and Production 101 class.
Fun events such as art shows and virtual Fridays (which include food trucks and video games!)

Not long enough!

If you want to work in children's television then this is definitely the place to go. Nick is a wonderful place full of kind people and you definitely get to fully experience what it's like to be on a crew and see how a show is run. If you are an artist then this also a great opportunity for you because you get to be around other artists and get feedback on your art work/ portfolio.

Why do you want to be a Nicktern? Why Nick?
What are your strength and weaknesses?
What nick shows are your favorite?
What are your goals?
What would you do in a stressful situation?
Tell me about yourself? What do you do for fun?

As a nickern, I lived, learned, and fell in love with the world of animation and truly found where I wanted to be.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The list of best aspects of the internship at nick animation is endless. The whole experience encouraged creativity, growth, and determination. Having the opportunity to meet with just about anyone already working at Nick Animation and learn from their experiences was so incredibly valuable for me. Also, the ability to become involved on a production was important for learning how a show works by helping out in ways that moved the show forward.

There was honestly nothing that I did not like about the internship at Nick Animation.

I would advise potential interns to not hesitate to apply and strive to become involved at Nick Animation in any way possible. I cannot stress the value of this opportunity enough.

Why do you want to work at Nickelodeon Animation Studio?
What is it that makes Nickelodeon special to you?
What do you expect to learn from your experience here?

Breaking: secret portal to the animation industry found, leading to an alternate universe where everyone wants to teach you.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

They care about you, genuinely, and train you like you are their only pupil. Seriously, the extent to which they will go to train you and help you find your way is unfathomable. Want to be an executive some day? Have a meeting with one of the vice presidents. Dying to some day create your own show? A sit-down meeting with the creator of Loud House is an email away. The amazing network of intern friends you make, as well, is a treat. These are some of the most talented artists from around the country, and you spend fun nights in town getting to know them and become friends.

I found it difficult to find housing in LA, and some help would have been useful for me, because I didn't have a car and there was a 2 week gap between my acceptance and starting orientation. But that's a very, very small thing. Besides that, I cannot think of a single thing I would change about my experience. Hands-down the best summer I could have ever hoped for. You rock, Amy.

Be genuinely nice. Be willing to learn. Those interns will be your most valuable resource, make friends with as many people as you can. Work hard and remember this goes by incredibly fast. Make a good impression and you can return even faster.

Advice to Management

This is difficult, as I feel I got everything I wanted. Maybe slightly higher pay? That wasn't even a big deal for me. My bosses were the best.

Tell me a time when you struggled with a problem and how you resolved it.

Outstanding opportunity with fantastic, creative minds

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The creative and non-competitive environment

The fact that it ended

Try your hardest because it's a life/career changing environment, enjoying children's entertainment and wanting to make a difference in youth

Advice to Management

Take after Netflix and give parents unlimited maternity leave!

"If you were a salad dressing what kind of salad dressing would you be and why?"

BREAKING: Intern still in shock from best experience of their life. They still can't believe it wasn't a dream!

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

great community, very positive and uplifting atmosphere, strong sense of mentorship, abundant opportunities for interns to learn from actual artists and employees at the studio

that I had to leave so soon!

This is one of the best studios I've ever worked at and if you're thinking about interning here then you should absolutely do it! If i could redo my internship I'd keep doing it over and over again. I learned more in my 10 weeks there than I did at any other place. It's an amazing place and you won't regret being there!

Advice to Management

I honestly have no feedback on how they could be better because it was already at such a high quality. I'd say keep doing what you're doing and don't change a thing!

Why Nickelodeon instead of the other studios like Disney or Cartoon Network? What are you passionate about? What did you like about school? Describe a situation where you had to deal with conflict and how did you overcome it? Do you like working collaboratively?

I did a complete 180 from Mouse Ears and Magic to Square Pants and Green Slime.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere at the studio felt like something I could never find anywhere else. The people were very friendly, approachable, yet professional. This company treats their employees very well. Also, the commute and location is very good- I prefer Burbank than driving out to Downtown Los Angeles or Hollywood.

From my first day there during our Orientation, I have had no complaints whatsoever about the internship.

Be the stereotypical intern! Make mistakes (but not TOO many), ask questions, befriend everyone, be willing to learn, try to make the most about your position (especially about being an Intern. This company will do it's best to help you thrive and be comfortable in it's environment).

What are some forms of Social Media you possess? How familiar are you with (Facebook/Twitter/Tumblr/YouTube/LinkedIn/Etc)? What are your top three social media handles?

Become Friends with Those You Work With, and Work Will Become Play

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The community: enriching, encouraging, incredibly open to offering help even to the interns. Because many of the employees started as interns, there is no disdain for people in different positions at work; there is no "classist" view or strict hierarchal structure. Everyone is friendly and that team-notion carries through to the work environment.
The other interns were chosen well - they became a tight-knit community in and of themselves. Supportive, friendly, and bright.
The mentor supervisor was incredible; supportive, always checking in, always available to chat, and always trying to figure out ways to make the internship better. She made the interns feel at home immediately, whilst not sacrificing a professional level of working.

This is probably a budgetary concern, but I wish the internship was full-time (9 - 5, 5 days a week).

Work hard and put your best foot forward - people will appreciate and remember an enthusiastic intern; however, remember to reflect on your socializing skills. As with many industries, tv animation, in particular, is a team sport. One, (if not THE), determining factor for selecting employees is how well their dynamic fits into the rest of the crew. Not a single person or portion of the crew can act insularly. Be mindful of your people skills, be attentive and watchful, and above all, relax and try to be yourself.

What got you interested in TV Animation
Why do you want to be a production intern
What are some prior skills from previous internships that might contribute to a production internship
Are you aware of what a production intern does?
Any questions for us?

Best internship experience of my life

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Does everything count? Nickelodeon truly has an amazing internship program. First off, the real-world production experience is essential to starting a career in animation. Working on a show with the production team truly taught me how an episode is created from start to finish. Second, built into the internship is networking. As an intern, you can set-up interviews with anyone in the studio which is amazing. I was able to talk to so many types of people who work at the studio and hear their stories, which was very insightful. Lastly, they provide a ton of outside classes and other internship enrichment opportunities which greatly added to my experience.

I honestly have no complaints about my internship experience at Nickelodeon.

Go in guns blazing. If you are lucky enough to land an internship at Nick, make the most of your 10 weeks. Be the most impressive intern you can be, meet as many people as possible, go to as many intern events as possible, learn as much as you can. The ten weeks go by in a blink of an eye and it's a rare opportunity to essentially have full insight into the studio. Take advantage of all the opportunities the internship provides. And if confused, talk to a past intern-there's plenty of them around the studio!

Asked specifically about items on my resume and what I do at school.
Why are you excited about Nickelodeon specifically?
Talk about a stressful moment in your life and how you overcame that.

Nickelodeon: Wake Up Every Morning Excited to Go to Work with People Who Feel the Same!

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship were the networking opportunities. I learned invaluable lessons in a short amount of time by meeting with professionals in the industry. I wouldn't have my current job if I had not had the chance to show my work to who is now my current boss!

The only thing that was negative was the amount of work. There were a few days where I would come in and have almost nothing to do.

Nickelodeon combines a fun environment with a professional atmosphere. It's important to remember that you still have a job to do, and to do well, just because it's a fun place doesn't mean you can slack off! Balance work and play!

Advice to Management

I wouldn't mind more communication between different departments. I hear by word of mouth about studio events and goings on.

"What do you have to offer Nickelodeon creatively?"

Nickelodeon Animation Studio Raises the Bar to a New High with their Outstanding Internship Program

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved being able to set up meetings with anyone in any department to ask them questions and learn their story. It was a great networking experience. The overall vibe and culture of the studio was encouraging, helpful, and warm-hearted which made talking to everyone a positive experience every time.

It was very short! 10 week flew by.

Be grateful and humbled that you are in one of the best internship programs not only in animation, but I would argue, the nation. Take advantage of every class, lecture, and meeting you schedule. Try to soak it all in as best you can.

Get Our Career Newsletter

Interview, resume and job search tips emailed directly to you.