Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship

VAULT RANKINGS >> #14 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program Internship? Log in to Submit a Review

COME AS INTERNS, LEAVE AS PROFESSIONALS
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Environment, friendly, warm, welcoming.
-Free Breakfast every morning.
-Ping-pong breaks
-Meeting with executives and being given great pointers and tips
-Classes offered every week
-Networking events

Only that it didn't pay, and it only offered academic credit. But the opportunities they offered, and the classes and free breakfast every morning made up for it.

Nickelodeon is a very professional, yet laid back environment, where they allow artists to be creative, working in a creative environment.

Everyone here has a smile on and is always willing to help you out with anything. You're only here for a short time as an intern, use it to your advantage. Constantly meet with people, everyone has an open door policy where you can walk in whenever and talk and be given great career advice.

A very motivating and inspiring experience.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The most positive aspect of the internship was being able to connect and meet with employees of all different backgrounds and get feedback and advice from them. Everyone was there to help you succeed and help seek out your potential in your career.

A con to the internship is that it is unpaid. However, majority of internships are unpaid so it was taken into consideration when applying for the internship. A plus side of it being unpaid allows you to show your dedication to work hard and learn, which is why I'm sure there is such a high hiring rate of former interns.

The best advice I could give to potential interns is to have a positive attitude. Say yes to opportunities and don't hesitate. Always be considerate and be sure to write thank you notes after interviews and meeting with people! It goes a long way. Be the kind of person you would want to work with.

Advice to Management

Stay awesome. I had an incredibly healthy experience during my internship and it was because of the people. They wanted you to learn and they wanted you to have a great experience. Very positive work environment.

Best Internship Ever.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

This internship was an absolutely incredible experience. I went in knowing very little about the industry and what I wanted to do with my life. I came out with a career path and the contacts and advice needed to continue pursuing opportunities in the field. I don't believe there is any other internship out there that could have done the same for me. I'm really greatful for the experience of this internship. ( My favorite part ofthe internship was sitting in on a recording session! Thats where I discovered I want to be a Casting Director one day! :) )

I wish that the opportunity to do consecutive internships or multiple internships was still avaialble. Once I discovered what I want to do it would have been awesome to have had the opportunity to intern within that department.

Honestly, I learned more in the five months with Nickelodeon then I did in a majority of my college classes. The hands on and real life experiences from the internship made it a priceless opporunity. I do not believe I would be where I am today if not for this internship. I was dreading an internship my senior year and now I reccomend them to people because I give all the credit to Nickelodeon for helping me figure out what I want to do. Seriously best internship ever.

Amazing and educational opportunity
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to speak with and learn from all of the accomplished artists, designers, and producers working in the company

N/A it was better than I could ever have hoped for

Make the most of your experience- you get out what you put into this program, and if you make the effort there is no way you will be disappointed

Advice to Management

It would be great if there was a room/board stipend of some sort for people who are coming from out of town

Nickelodeon Animation Studios provides their interns the absolute DREAM experaince, putting us all on the road to success.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

There are far too many things to explain. Nick does not miss a beat when setting their interns up for a successful future. My number one appreciation towards the internship, was the fact that every single person in that studio is welcoming, kind, and ready to be your mentor. Ashley Morley set up many 'dream come true' events for all of us. Whether it was having lunches with Butch Hartman, or Character Design classes taught by the best Art Directors in the studio, Ashley and the HR crew were absolutely phenomenal. This was by far the best experience of my life, and worth moving all the way from New Jersey for. It is a place where you learn more in a day, than you would in an entire year of school. It is a place where you make life long friends and feel like you are part of a family. Once you spend a little time in that studio, there's no turning back; you'll be hooked. Nick Animation studio doesn't just provide you an internship, it provides you a life changing experience that will benefit you for the rest of your entire career.

As hard as I try, I can honestly say I cannot think of one thing I disliked about this internship. I truly feel it was perfect, couldn't be better.

Observe the culture and flow of your production. Nickelodeon is an awesome, welcoming place full of kind, fun, and helpful people. If you aren't that kind of a person you probably won't be getting hired by them anytime soon.

Advice to Management

I don't have a problem with their managment, and I feel they are doing a fine job.

With games and guidance, partying and career-prepping, you'll never want to leave!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

This wasn't an internship. It was a life-changing program that truly helped shape my career path. Each day, team members utilized my skills and were always open to comments, questions, or suggestions. Everyone in the company loves the interns, and we were treated like valuable new assets to Nickelodeon. In addition to a wonderful job, there were constantly other exciting aspects to the internship that really made it more like a program, including: one-on-one meetings with anyone in the company; lectures from legendary Nick figures, like Brown Johnson (former NAS President), Butch Hartman (Creator/EP of "Fairly OddParents, TUFF Puppy, etc.), and Tom Dooley (COO of Viacom); a drawing class with Tuck Tucker, another animation legend; weekly screenings; company parties...I could go on and on!!!

After sitting here for a few moments and giving this question careful, thoughtful consideration, I can only write, "absolutely nothing, except when it ended."

If you want this job, you're going to have to fight for it, because there's a reason the Nick Animation Studios has been named the best internship in the country! You have the potential to be among some of the industry's most talented people, and it's only a bonus that they'll likely be the funniest, helpful, and passionate people you've ever worked with! If you make it into the program, congratulations. Take a moment to appreciate how exciting that is! But then, focus, work your network, and enjoy the best semester ever.

Advice to Management

The reason this program is so great is because of the corporate-wide support to interns, and the dedication of individuals like Ashley Morely, the internship coordinator. I have no advice on how to improve it!

The BEST internship for creative-minded and focused students looking for experience in the entertainment industry
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Networking potential is amazing. I got to have informative meetings with employees in all of the departments such as Vice Presidents of Production, Senior Vice President of Development, and executives in current series. I also was encouraged to meet with other employees such as artists, production assistants, line producers and casting directors.

- The intern activities were a lot of fun and a great way to get to know my fellow Nickterns. We had an intern game night where we played team bonding games all night at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio. Our internship supervisor set up an intern meeting with the then President of Nickelodeon Animation, Brown Johnson, where we got to eat breakfast with her and ask her questions. We also had an intern meeting/lunch with Butch Hartman, the creator of successful Nickelodeon shows like Danny Phantom, The Fairy Oddparents and TUFF Puppy. The interns got to attend Nickelodeon events like their annual summer party at the courtyard of the studio as well as the art gallery that takes place the first Friday of every month. The interns got to take a storyboard class taught by one of the directors for Spongebob Squarepants. It was a month long class where we got to pitch our idea for the ending of an episode and then draw it out and present it to the intern group.

- The culture at Nickelodeon Animation Studio is very welcoming to interns. Everyone I met was so nice to me and they encouraged you to ask them questions. Interns are a part of the Nickelodeon family.

- Since Nickelodeon is part of the Viacom family, we got to attend a seminar on copyright protection given by the COO of Paramount Pictures and also a Viacom intern party on the Paramount lot. Nickelodeon interns can also watch films every Friday on the Paramount lot at one of their theaters.

- Nothing, it was all awesome.

- Almost half of Nickelodeon's employees at the animation studio are former interns. Nickelodeon is known for hiring former interns.

- Employees at Nickelodeon are more than willing to give you advice and they all have diverse backgrounds

- Nickelodeon provides you with hands-on training that can be utilized at other studios/networks

Nickelodeon Animation Studio Internship was inspirational, motivating, and life-changing.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company Culture, Employee/Intern Events, Hands-on assignments, classes, and meetings with artists/employees.

The thing I liked least about the Nickelodeon Animation Studio internship is that it had an end date.

The company culture is very positive. Everyone at the studio seems very happy and welcoming. There is very good morale in the studio, and the company makes a point to appreciate both their employees and their interns.

Bridging the gap between students and professionals
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentors that helped me understand how to approach thing in a more professional manner

Not long enough

professionalism and kindness go a long

Advice to Management

better training

The Nickelodeon Animation Studios internship is a life changing opportunity.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone is invested in you, and wants to help you succeed.

There was nothing I disliked about the internship- I cant wait to come back and work here!

Nickelodeon is the perfect place for anyone passionate about the animation industry. The environment is amazing and everyone wants the same thing- to make great cartoons!