Intern at Nickelodeon Animation Studio Nickternship Program? Submit a Review

Artist spends summer at fantastic internship, childhood dream comes true

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredibly hands-on, fantastic window into the world of animation, and an incredibly welcoming community and talent fostering environment

That it ended!

It's one of the greatest experiences you could ever have, and a huge foot in the door for anyone wanting to work in the animation industry

An experience that allowed me to make my dream of working in animation into a reality.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to talk with Artists/ Creators/ Writers everyday. They have an environment where "iron sharpens iron". They are very accepting of all beliefs, sexual orientations, and backgrounds.

Nothing! I loved it.

If you are able to get your foot in the door here, make sure to take full advantage of the internship here by making as many connections as possible.

Why Nickelodoen?

Please describe a difficult challenge of a job on your resume?

An amazing life changing experience!

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Production pipeline, People, And Experiences!

There was nothing!

1.Be very organize.
2 Attention to detail.
3. Punctuality

Advice to Management

So far our company is doing an amazing job!

1.Tell us about yourself.

2. What do you like to do outside of work?

3. What do you think makes you a good fit for this position?

4. Tell us about a challenge or conflict you’ve faced at work (or in school) and how you dealt with it.

5. Knowing what you know about Nick Animation and the position on Harvey Beaks, what are your biggest concerns? Is there an area you would need more support?

6. If everything works out in your career plan, what will you be doing in five years?

The Best Internship Ever Filled With Unforgettable Memories and Lifetime Experience.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything, and I am being completely honest. I have created a second family with my internship and will do anything I can to be back. I learned so much about the industry - all sides of it because of the classes, lunches and meetings. I owe so much to this internship because I realized what I want to do in life. I was given so many wonderful opportunities and I will cherish them forever.

Nothing at all. Everything was perfect - beyond perfect.

Just be open to all the wonderful opportunities that go your way and don't be shy! Everyone loves the interns and want to help them in anyway they can!

Advice to Management

Just continue being the way you are! Nothing to change!

What do you hope to learn from this internship?

If animation is for you, this internship will change your life!

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The mentorship, friendly and inspiring work environment, hands-on production experience, being able to meet with anybody and everybody, the free food, and the job opportunities

I wish it were longer.

When you are working, try to put yourself in the shoes of your supervisor. Try to anticipate how he or she will respond to your work before you turn it in. You're a better judge of your own work than you think.

Advice to Management

Maybe make it easier to apply. I can't imagine how someone could get a job there if they don't have some kind of connection. Applications seem to get lost without some kind of reference.

How do you handle stress?
What words would your friends use to describe you?
Describe a hard time in your life and how you worked through it.

Best possible place to do your internship, come and learn more than you'd expect

The educational experience
The people working there

I did not have any negative experiences

Should highly consider this organization, its run like a family and that's important

Nickelodeon offers the most rewarding internship, with promise of career growth.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Several aspects made this internship incredible. The community is extremely supportive, no employee treats anyone as a petty intern. Everyone is also extremely encouraging of learning and teaching, which made it feel very mentor oriented. Everyone was available to tell you about their job, making it a good place to learn about other careers. The work place is very well spirited and makes you always want to be there. The most unbelievable part was that classes and courses about different careers in the industry were provided which was an unbelievable learning tool, found at no school.

There was not one thing I disliked about the internship, they leave no room for any complaints. Expectations for an internship were beyond exceeded.

If you are looking for a place to learn, to be active in the industry, and to be motivated, do all you can to get this internship.

Advice to Management

This was the most unbelievable internship and the management could not have done more for a group of interns. Everything was fully provided for each intern to exceed their potential.

Finally an internship where they want you to learn, grow, and they treat you with respect.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The internship was full real-world experience that can definitely be of value to any intern. What I believe to be the best aspect was how open everyone was to meeting with you and giving you advice on how to reach your goals. It was such a friendly and nusrishing work enviroment.

Nothing. Even simple administrative duties proved to be fun because everyone was so friendly.

This is a place where growth, creatity, and positivity are welcomed. Everyone works as a team and they all put in their best to deliver the best.

Advice to Management

The only major issue I would bring up is making moving up within the company quicker and easier.

The best way to learn more about theTV animation industry, and the most fun that you'll ever have at an internship.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone in the studio is incredibly friendly and keen on sharing their experience/wisdom. Everyone is trying to help you on your artistic journey. The atmosphere is always pleasant and welcoming, and it's a joy to come to work.

There's no opportunity to continue with another in-studio internship after you finish--you can only apply for a full-time position.

If you're interested in animation for television, this is the perfect place to be; there's plenty of opportunities to meet people and learn about the industry. However, you definitely still have to be proactive and willing to work hard. All the opportunities are available to you, but if you want to stand out and make the most of them, you need to actively engage yourself and be willing to step out of your comfort zone.

Advice to Management

I would love if there was a more structured way to engage with mentors in specific areas of animation (ie storyboarding, writing, etc) throughout the internship. There's already some fantastic classes available, but they're geared for bigger groups of all levels. It'd be especially neat if you could get paired up with someone individually or in smaller groups that accommodated specific skill levels.

What's one of your flaws?
How would you describe yourself?

An internship unmatched by any other - with more opportunities to learn, meet people, and grow as a professional than imaginable.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting hands-on experience in the animation industry, getting to meet literally anyone within the studio to learn about themselves and their career path, the community of mentorship in which your learning and growth are fostered, the wealth of classes and organized events and activities, and the friendships you create between yourself and the other interns.

The only thing I would change is spreading out the activities - we had very few in the first month and a ton in the second - in some weeks a lot of responsibilities collided with one another, and I wish I had more time to focus on certain tasks than I ended up having.

Be motivated and kind. Nickelodeon will help you foster and grow, but you must be a genuine person with whom they want to share that gift.

Advice to Management

Perhaps more activities in the studio that involve different productions getting to interact and meet each other - ones where there's a lot of mingling outside of your own series crew. Also perhaps a debriefing for the entire studio on branding - what is our brand, how do we want to represent ourselves, and maybe opening up the floor to people's ideas concerning the brand.

What previous experiences do you have that fit this internship? Can you explain such and such job from your resume, what was that like?