WithumSmith+Brown Winter Internship

Tax Season Internship
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real-world, hands-on experience I received.

Being the only intern.

WS+B is an amazing place to work.

Advice to Management

The only issue I had was with compensation and how interns at different offices made different rates. I suggest one rate for all interns no matter the office location.

It was a great experience. I learned a lot and applied it to me tax class. But WS&B needs a little more work with the training on programs.
Princeton, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work in a public accounting firm before graduaution to see if this is what I really wanted to do. Happy to say it is.

As mentioned, the training aspect. But it was their first time doing it in a group setting.

Do not be afraid to ask questions. Its better to do that and build on learning. Also, take this seriously. Other interns did not take it as serious and still expected a full time offer. Hard work always pays off in the end.

A rewarding learning experience
Morristown, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The field work and being able to interact with employees out on audit assignments

Lack of organization with assignments. There were some days when I wouldnt have anything to do during times of the day.

Stay organized, take notes on everything you learn and make the most of your time there! It is a great experience and opportunity for full time employment.

1040 tax prep
Trenton, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning how to prepare 1040 returns and really understand tax rules and documents

Since it was a tax season internship I had to work on saturdays. In accounting that is a normal scenario!

I would suggest this firm, the people are easy going and understand your experience level. When working through your internship you go from knowing nothing about taxes, to actually understanding what you are doing.