Intern at WithumSmith+Brown Internship Program? Submit a Review

Great learning experience, some practical work toward the end.

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning aspect. Professionals were always more than willing to help with anything I needed.

Some down time, work not always meaningful.

Very good company. People always willing to help.

Advice to Management

More training early on in the internship.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are some recent issues in the accounting field?

Great Time, Great Experiance

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to interact with the rest of the staff, and really feeling as if I was gaining experience was great. Speaking to some of my classmates, it is obvious I have gained more knowledge then even those who interned at Big Four firms.

I did not have as much audit experience as I would have liked. Although, since I have been back, I have had much more exposure to audits.

Culture and work-life-balance are very important when choosing where to work full time, or even as an intern. Withum really encourages this, and I think it makes the employees happier.

Advice to Management

Intern training was very informative, but it went very fast, and it was hard to keep up with for some who did not have any prior experience with the systems. I think trying to put it all in one day may have been overwhelming.

1. favorite subject in school
2. how to handle situations when you feel overwhelmed
3. what is your 5 year plan

Employees who appreciate the work you do and help you to do better.

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The employees, work life balance, the experience.

I wish there was more out of the office experience.

Appreciate every day you have there, the internship goes quickly and there is a lot to learn. Also talk to as many employees as possible, they have a lot of good experience.

Advice to Management

I thought that everyone was well thought out and planned for myself and the other intern. Maybe giving a mentor for the interns would help connect the intern with a specific employee.

What kind of activities I am involved in on campus. Leadership experience. Past work experience.

A well rounded accounting internship experience

Princeton, NJ | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were extremely nice and willing to help me with any questions that I had. It was good and bad but they only needed me there 3 days a week so I was able to have some summer to myself. I was also able to make my own schedule and switch shifts if I needed to.

It lacked structure. I would have preferred to have a bigger project to be a part of and had something consistently to work on. Maybe go out on more audits or do more tax returns.

This firm is a perfect size (29th largest) in my POV. You are not doing the accounting for a Mom and Pop shop but you also aren't working crazy hours and overwhelmed constantly. The people at the firm are very fun and easy going yet, hard working and expect a lot from you so be sure to stay on top of things and not let the relaxed culture transcend to your work.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have more structure like I mentioned before, So I would kind of know what is coming and what to expect, especially at the end of my internship. I am not sure my boss even knew it was my last day.

The most comfartbable work environment for interning accountants

flexibility of work schedules

Work only 3 days a week and the pay isn't that great

Get to know a lot of people in the office and continue to ask around for projects and talk to people when you don't have work

Advice to Management

More compensation and hours

What makes you a good fit for the company

Why are your accounting grades higher/lower than other courses

What are some go your positive and negative traits

Teamwork Oriented

Princeton, NJ | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The employees were friendly, helpful, and knowledgable. I liked the training in our office. They wanted us to succeed.

The duration. I wished it was longer.

They compensate well. The benefits are among the best in NJ. Also they have discount programs for insurance and cell phone.

Advice to Management

I wish it was longer hours and longer duration of the summer. I know it is slower in the summer, but it is difficult to find another job after already committing 6 weeks to Withum.

Why did you chose Withum as apposed to the big four?
Why did you chose accounting as a major?

Learning and Training

Morristown, NJ | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people who work at the firm

that i felt like I wasn't able to help as much i would have liked

dont feel like youre bothering people when you continue to ask for help

That's a lot of tax returns

Princeton, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere was the best part. There was an open door policy and all of the employees were very helpful.

There could have been better training given.

Be prepared to do a lot of tax returns and always ask a lot of questions. Its a great experience and you will learn a lot.

Tax Season Internship

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real-world, hands-on experience I received.

Being the only intern.

WS+B is an amazing place to work.

Advice to Management

The only issue I had was with compensation and how interns at different offices made different rates. I suggest one rate for all interns no matter the office location.

It was a great experience. I learned a lot and applied it to me tax class. But WS&B needs a little more work with the training on programs.

Princeton, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work in a public accounting firm before graduaution to see if this is what I really wanted to do. Happy to say it is.

As mentioned, the training aspect. But it was their first time doing it in a group setting.

Do not be afraid to ask questions. Its better to do that and build on learning. Also, take this seriously. Other interns did not take it as serious and still expected a full time offer. Hard work always pays off in the end.