Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program

Date: 2013

Exciting internship for a wonderful and growing company.

Meeting and working with new professionals. Being treated like a staff and constantly learning things every day. Everyone was open to answering questions.

Not enough feedback throughout internship.

Rothstein Kass is a great step in the right direction if you are looking for meaningful accounting experience. You will learn plenty at the firm and enjoy your experience here.

Advice to Management

More competitive compensation is a must. Employees need to be recognized more for their hard work and dedication.

Date: 2013

Expect to work hard, learn a lot, and meet great people.

treated as a full time staff, overtime, opportunity to work with many different employees and different levels of management, learning as much as possible about being an auditor, and the work we perform, gaining familiarity with the financial services industry to see if it was something I wanted to do full time. RK really made an effort to make busy season as fun and bearable as possible while maintaining a high level of service.

The long hours were obviously not idea, but the internship provided me to get a feel of what exactly will be expected of me should I accept a full-time offer. Busy season is hard no matter what firm you are at.

Although the compensation is not as high as compared to other organizations, the work-life balance is the trade-off. While you will work very hard, almost everyone at the firm is understanding of your life outside the firm and does what they can to make sure you are happy both in the office and outside the office.

Advice to Management

I do believe employees should be compensated higher and more competitively in comparison to other firms. This might deter the seemingly high employee turnover rate.

Date: 2012

Opportunity to learn and have fun.

I had a great senior who taught a lot of things about my work. I feel like I received valuable feedbacks. The company also made "busy season" enjoyable with some of the programs they had in place at the office. The people who interned with me were also great! I really enjoyed working with them.

There's not much I can complain about. I wish that my work is not dependent on my seniors at times, but really, I can't complain. I also hope that more of my seniors would give me feedbacks. Or rather, constructive criticisms.

Just talk to the employees and the workers. And if you see lots of smiles, that's a good place to work at. If you do work here, don't be afraid to ask questions. The organization encourage it.

Advice to Management

I think the organization should try to have people mingle with one another. I see lots of groups here, and it looks kind of hard for new people to get into.

Date: 2012

Great social environment that provided many avenues of knowledge.

The culture at the firm was beyond amazing. It was great to see everyone so helpful and willing to take time out of their busy schedule to help you understand something that was troubling you. I enjoyed the marathon, it helped relive stress.

The training was not very helpful. They need more hands on training, everything goes over your head in the beginning.

It is a wonderful place to learn about audit or tax. The learning curve here is phenomenal & everyone is willing to help. The firm shows they care about their employees by trying to relieve some stress during the season & deploying summer hours so you're able to leave early on Friday's.

Advice to Management

I believe there needs to be better management of time schedule. We need to be able to push clients to deliver information in a timely manner, as this is a professional industry. We need time to get returns done(not last minute). The earlier the information comes in, the easier it is to work on it and not work 90-100 hours twoards the last weeks of deadline season.

Great Job with great people

You get to learn a lot and work with a lot of great people. With time and half overtime.

that it ended to early. I was told that the interniship would last until the end of april but it was ended suudenly in the middle of march,

This is a great place to work, they care very much about their emplyees personal life and you give you plenty of time off out of season. Taking the internship is a great way to get your foot in the door and to get a full time position.

Date: 2012

Great experience at an even greater firm

The best aspects of the internship were learning about the RK firm and the ways in which they approach their clients. RK is truly a great place to work and they (we) go above and beyond to service our clients.

I didn't enjoy working 10-14 hour days but understand that it is the nature of the business.

Don't settle and assume your role as an intern. Go above and beyond and ask seniors and managers for more work to keep learning.

Advice to Management

I believe management does a great job with the internship.

Medium-Sized Firm, Which Gives Enormous Exposure

One of the best aspects of the internship was having seniors that are very willing to help you out regardless of the questions you may have. Rothstein Kass has an open door policy and the Seniors do a great job of explaining everything that needs to be completed (as far as workpapers go) as well as explaining why the workpaper is viable for the audit. Another great aspect of the internship is the real world experience that you gain in the auditing field. By interning during the spring you gain an inside look of what it is like to work during "busy season", which is unlike any other internship that I personally had ever done before. By working in the spring Finally, being able to see the audit completed from start to finish was one of the best aspects of Interning at this firm. I know that at many of the larger firms that some audits an Intern might only see one portion of the audit completed or they may only get to work on one large engagement. Working at this firm I was able to see a variety of different clients and I was able to see these audits from the planning stages all the way to the QC which is an excellent experience in its own.

I wish that the firm provided more training videos on performing the workpapers beforehand so that if there are any advanced questions that may be fund specific, they could be asked earlier as opposed to 10--20 minutes after initially going over the workpaper.

I think that a candidate might choose Rothstein Kass as a potential employer due to the fact that it will provide them with a lifelong experience and increased skill set in their arsenal as they begin their accounting career. This is done by having the ability to ask questions, executing workpapers, and sitting in on important meetings so that the candidate can grow as an auditor.