Intern at Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program? Submit a Review

Exciting internship for a wonderful and growing company.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting and working with new professionals. Being treated like a staff and constantly learning things every day. Everyone was open to answering questions.

Not enough feedback throughout internship.

Rothstein Kass is a great step in the right direction if you are looking for meaningful accounting experience. You will learn plenty at the firm and enjoy your experience here.

Advice to Management

More competitive compensation is a must. Employees need to be recognized more for their hard work and dedication.

Expect to work hard, learn a lot, and meet great people.

New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

treated as a full time staff, overtime, opportunity to work with many different employees and different levels of management, learning as much as possible about being an auditor, and the work we perform, gaining familiarity with the financial services industry to see if it was something I wanted to do full time. RK really made an effort to make busy season as fun and bearable as possible while maintaining a high level of service.

The long hours were obviously not idea, but the internship provided me to get a feel of what exactly will be expected of me should I accept a full-time offer. Busy season is hard no matter what firm you are at.

Although the compensation is not as high as compared to other organizations, the work-life balance is the trade-off. While you will work very hard, almost everyone at the firm is understanding of your life outside the firm and does what they can to make sure you are happy both in the office and outside the office.

Advice to Management

I do believe employees should be compensated higher and more competitively in comparison to other firms. This might deter the seemingly high employee turnover rate.