Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program

Date: 2012

Trusted with actual work, not to just keep us busy.

We were treated as full-time staff members and given work that contributed to the overall audit.

Minimal training before being "thrown into" the work

The corporate culture allowed me to learn much quicker. Everyone was willing to help and teach.

Date: 2012

Opportunity to learn and have fun.

I had a great senior who taught a lot of things about my work. I feel like I received valuable feedbacks. The company also made "busy season" enjoyable with some of the programs they had in place at the office. The people who interned with me were also great! I really enjoyed working with them.

There's not much I can complain about. I wish that my work is not dependent on my seniors at times, but really, I can't complain. I also hope that more of my seniors would give me feedbacks. Or rather, constructive criticisms.

Just talk to the employees and the workers. And if you see lots of smiles, that's a good place to work at. If you do work here, don't be afraid to ask questions. The organization encourage it.

Advice to Management

I think the organization should try to have people mingle with one another. I see lots of groups here, and it looks kind of hard for new people to get into.

Date: 2012

This is the place to be!!!!!

It was an amazing learning experience. Everyone in the firm is so nice and helpful.

i have nothing negitive to say about the program

RK is a great firm to work for. They actually care about their employees and want them to succeed.

Date: 2012

A true picture of what it's like to be a financial services auditor

I was given the responsibility of a full-time staff. I felt empowered and well-equipped. I learned how to complete an audit of a hedge fund from beginning to end. I experienced the people-focused culture. I enjoyed my colleagues and superiors.

At the end of the internship, there was a lack of feedback from specific managers I worked with during engagements.

Be eager to learn and have a great attitude everyday.

Advice to Management

Compensation could improve.

Date: 2012

Want to be a staff? Learn like a Staff.

The fact that as interns we did exactly what a staff member would. There was no watering down in the internship.

I didn't dislike anything.

If you want to enjoy your career, this is the best firm to go.

Advice to Management

Compensation could always be better anywhere. besides that there is nothing to even mention.

Date: 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed going to work and learning different aspects of audit

Learning how to audit hedge funds and being given the same responsibilities as Associate 1

Internship ended before my of my fund's financial statements were completed - didn't get to see concluding steps

RK did excellent job of getting interns as involved as they would be if/when hired as full time employee - same tasks, duties, expectations which prepares you for when you begin your career full time with firm

Great Job with great people

You get to learn a lot and work with a lot of great people. With time and half overtime.

that it ended to early. I was told that the interniship would last until the end of april but it was ended suudenly in the middle of march,

This is a great place to work, they care very much about their emplyees personal life and you give you plenty of time off out of season. Taking the internship is a great way to get your foot in the door and to get a full time position.

Date: 2012

Great experience at an even greater firm

The best aspects of the internship were learning about the RK firm and the ways in which they approach their clients. RK is truly a great place to work and they (we) go above and beyond to service our clients.

I didn't enjoy working 10-14 hour days but understand that it is the nature of the business.

Don't settle and assume your role as an intern. Go above and beyond and ask seniors and managers for more work to keep learning.

Advice to Management

I believe management does a great job with the internship.

Medium-Sized Firm, Which Gives Enormous Exposure

One of the best aspects of the internship was having seniors that are very willing to help you out regardless of the questions you may have. Rothstein Kass has an open door policy and the Seniors do a great job of explaining everything that needs to be completed (as far as workpapers go) as well as explaining why the workpaper is viable for the audit. Another great aspect of the internship is the real world experience that you gain in the auditing field. By interning during the spring you gain an inside look of what it is like to work during "busy season", which is unlike any other internship that I personally had ever done before. By working in the spring Finally, being able to see the audit completed from start to finish was one of the best aspects of Interning at this firm. I know that at many of the larger firms that some audits an Intern might only see one portion of the audit completed or they may only get to work on one large engagement. Working at this firm I was able to see a variety of different clients and I was able to see these audits from the planning stages all the way to the QC which is an excellent experience in its own.

I wish that the firm provided more training videos on performing the workpapers beforehand so that if there are any advanced questions that may be fund specific, they could be asked earlier as opposed to 10--20 minutes after initially going over the workpaper.

I think that a candidate might choose Rothstein Kass as a potential employer due to the fact that it will provide them with a lifelong experience and increased skill set in their arsenal as they begin their accounting career. This is done by having the ability to ask questions, executing workpapers, and sitting in on important meetings so that the candidate can grow as an auditor.