Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program

Excellent, comfortable, learning experience leads to job.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of Rothstein Kass is very friendly and helpful. They take alot of pressure off you and provide all the information you need that will lead to a successful internship and possible full time offer.

Not knowing right away if you are taking too long to complete a task. Sometimes higher level staff will fix your workpapers and not tell you what they did or that they were going to do the work. Also, sometimes there was no work to do.

They have a great work/life balance. You have plenty of opportunity to learn your craft in an environment that is more nuturing than the big 4. Salary is a little lower but you can get OT and up to 7 weeks vacation.

Advice to Management

I am very happy with my workplace.

An internship where you're not treated like an intern, but as a full time employee.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting right into real work. As an intern I was treated just like any other staff, interns have the same responsibilities as most other staff. Hourly pay was also great especially because we worked a lot of overtime during busy season. The people were great as well, always felt like a part of the company and not just an intern. There was no 'intern work' or have the intern do it attitude.

The hours were tough but it was during busy season so that is expcected. Worked 6 days a week for almost my entire 4 months as an intern.

You will be exposed to a lot and learn a tremendous amount in a short time. You're going to be treated like a staff and have pretty close to the same expectations in terms of your work load and quality of work. You will most likely get a job offer. I received a job offer and almost every other person who has interned here has received and accepted a job offer. The culture is also great people try to have fun despite the crazy amount of work you will have to do during busy season. Despite all the work though you are paid by the hour and cand make some pretty good money especially because you will be working overtime every week.

Though the hours were long and the assignments were tough at times, the firm culture made all the difference.
Dallas, TX | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The general helpfulness of the office staff. From people the year above me all the way to partners, it seemed everyone was willing to help out and answer questions.

There was nothing specifically I did not enjoy about the internship.

Make sure to schedule an office visit/interview in the office. I feel that people gain the most out of actually visiting an office and seeing the layout and meeting the people they might otherwise not be able to meet. This would give them the best experience into the inner workings of an office and would greatly help in their final decision.

Amazing
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Got to do real work.

I liked everything.

Through the internship you will see that all the great things you heard about Rothstein Kass is true.

Advice to Management

Better compensation.

Rothstein Kass, The Place To Work
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very helpful and accomodating. All the employees at all levels were willing to help me and make sure that I was successful at what I as doing. The office cultrue is fantastc. I felt like I was making a difference and assisting RK team members with meaning work.

The long hours, but that I a known thing about working a busy season at an accounting office.

Unlike at the Big 4 firms, at RK you are more than just a number. Everyone knows who everyone else is and everyone is willing and able to work together to figure out a problem. Interns are generalyl hired with the intent for a full time offer, which makes everyone work even harder during their internships.

The best internship I've ever experienced.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, company culture, learned alot of information, and enjoying the work I completed

Uploading documents into files.

A very friendly work environment/family atmosphere

BEST INTERNSHIP EVER HAVE

One on one training
Intensive Excel training
Manager / Senior were very easy to communicate with
Friendly environment (both in house and afterwork social life)

Training seemed inconsistant within and outside of department. Information needs to better spread across the company, many commend errors could be easily prevented.

Don't hesitate to ask many questions
Take good notes
Spent only 10-15 min on one problem. If you stuck longer than that, don't afraid to ask Senior / Manager for help, most likely they can resolve the issue. People like to see that you gave an effort to attempt solving the problem before raise the question. Remember, don't waste too much time; this reduces the efficiency of yourself and your team's specially during tax season.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer the position to candidate who intended to enter the Accounting and/or Tax pratice later in his/her career. The position helps candidates gain basic knowledge how hedge fund accounting works.

An ACTUAL experience with ACTUAL work
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working closely with seniors and managers. They helped you out and treated you as an Associate 1 instead of an intern.

There was nothing I disliked about the internshp

There is room to grow in this company and everyone here is willing to help in any way possible.

Excellent Opportunities at Rothstein Kass via our Internship Program
Parsippany, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

They treated me like a full time employee. Our responsibilities were those of a full time staff members which was excellent.

The hours. But that goes with the industry (accounting) during a busy 'season'. It had nothing to do with the company really - just the flow of business.

This is a great company. They really try and make life as easy as possible when you first start and join the company. Completely recommended for anyone entering into the accounting world and interested in Finance (FS audit department).

Advice to Management

I like it here as is!

This is the place to be!!!!!
Ridgewood, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was an amazing learning experience. Everyone in the firm is so nice and helpful.

i have nothing negitive to say about the program

RK is a great firm to work for. They actually care about their employees and want them to succeed.