Intern at Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program? Submit a Review

Hands on experience and Learning opportunity

Parsippany, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands on experience

Not Applicable

I just want to say if you get opportunity than please bank it you wont regrets.

Work hard play hard and never be afraid to learn something new

Beverly Hills, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The oppportunity to go above and beyond my job title as long as I am capable.

Waking up early.

Wait for the right fit because once you land the job, you actual have to work there.

Advice to Management

In the rare case that someone is truly prepared to surpass their peers, allow them the opportunity to do so.

An ACTUAL experience with ACTUAL work

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working closely with seniors and managers. They helped you out and treated you as an Associate 1 instead of an intern.

There was nothing I disliked about the internshp

There is room to grow in this company and everyone here is willing to help in any way possible.

BEST INTERNSHIP EVER HAVE

One on one training
Intensive Excel training
Manager / Senior were very easy to communicate with
Friendly environment (both in house and afterwork social life)

Training seemed inconsistant within and outside of department. Information needs to better spread across the company, many commend errors could be easily prevented.

Don't hesitate to ask many questions
Take good notes
Spent only 10-15 min on one problem. If you stuck longer than that, don't afraid to ask Senior / Manager for help, most likely they can resolve the issue. People like to see that you gave an effort to attempt solving the problem before raise the question. Remember, don't waste too much time; this reduces the efficiency of yourself and your team's specially during tax season.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer the position to candidate who intended to enter the Accounting and/or Tax pratice later in his/her career. The position helps candidates gain basic knowledge how hedge fund accounting works.

Given the opportunity to learn and improve my skills.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was not treated as an "intern" during my internship. Rather, I was treated as a normal staff member and given the same work and responsibilities.

Have training after a week of in office, hands on shadowing.

If you want to work in an accounting firm - Rothstein Kass is the place to be!

An internship where you're not treated like an intern, but as a full time employee.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting right into real work. As an intern I was treated just like any other staff, interns have the same responsibilities as most other staff. Hourly pay was also great especially because we worked a lot of overtime during busy season. The people were great as well, always felt like a part of the company and not just an intern. There was no 'intern work' or have the intern do it attitude.

The hours were tough but it was during busy season so that is expcected. Worked 6 days a week for almost my entire 4 months as an intern.

You will be exposed to a lot and learn a tremendous amount in a short time. You're going to be treated like a staff and have pretty close to the same expectations in terms of your work load and quality of work. You will most likely get a job offer. I received a job offer and almost every other person who has interned here has received and accepted a job offer. The culture is also great people try to have fun despite the crazy amount of work you will have to do during busy season. Despite all the work though you are paid by the hour and cand make some pretty good money especially because you will be working overtime every week.

Excellent, comfortable, learning experience leads to job.

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of Rothstein Kass is very friendly and helpful. They take alot of pressure off you and provide all the information you need that will lead to a successful internship and possible full time offer.

Not knowing right away if you are taking too long to complete a task. Sometimes higher level staff will fix your workpapers and not tell you what they did or that they were going to do the work. Also, sometimes there was no work to do.

They have a great work/life balance. You have plenty of opportunity to learn your craft in an environment that is more nuturing than the big 4. Salary is a little lower but you can get OT and up to 7 weeks vacation.

Advice to Management

I am very happy with my workplace.

Though the hours were long and the assignments were tough at times, the firm culture made all the difference.

Dallas, TX | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The general helpfulness of the office staff. From people the year above me all the way to partners, it seemed everyone was willing to help out and answer questions.

There was nothing specifically I did not enjoy about the internship.

Make sure to schedule an office visit/interview in the office. I feel that people gain the most out of actually visiting an office and seeing the layout and meeting the people they might otherwise not be able to meet. This would give them the best experience into the inner workings of an office and would greatly help in their final decision.

Excellent Opportunities at Rothstein Kass via our Internship Program

Parsippany, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

They treated me like a full time employee. Our responsibilities were those of a full time staff members which was excellent.

The hours. But that goes with the industry (accounting) during a busy 'season'. It had nothing to do with the company really - just the flow of business.

This is a great company. They really try and make life as easy as possible when you first start and join the company. Completely recommended for anyone entering into the accounting world and interested in Finance (FS audit department).

Advice to Management

I like it here as is!

A true picture of what it's like to be a financial services auditor

Dallas, TX | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given the responsibility of a full-time staff. I felt empowered and well-equipped. I learned how to complete an audit of a hedge fund from beginning to end. I experienced the people-focused culture. I enjoyed my colleagues and superiors.

At the end of the internship, there was a lack of feedback from specific managers I worked with during engagements.

Be eager to learn and have a great attitude everyday.

Advice to Management

Compensation could improve.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)