Intern at Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program? Submit a Review

Excellent Real Accounting Experience

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Able to work side by side with professionals, and learn so much during the internship. Treated just like any of the staff. Assigned real clients and real work, not menial tasks.

No real cons about the internship, it gave you a real taste of public accounting.

Be ready to put in the long hours, but have some fun and treats along the way.

Advice to Management

The hours can be a bit much towards the end of season.

Hands on experience and Learning opportunity

Parsippany, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands on experience

Not Applicable

I just want to say if you get opportunity than please bank it you wont regrets.

Excellent, comfortable, learning experience leads to job.

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of Rothstein Kass is very friendly and helpful. They take alot of pressure off you and provide all the information you need that will lead to a successful internship and possible full time offer.

Not knowing right away if you are taking too long to complete a task. Sometimes higher level staff will fix your workpapers and not tell you what they did or that they were going to do the work. Also, sometimes there was no work to do.

They have a great work/life balance. You have plenty of opportunity to learn your craft in an environment that is more nuturing than the big 4. Salary is a little lower but you can get OT and up to 7 weeks vacation.

Advice to Management

I am very happy with my workplace.

Work hard play hard and never be afraid to learn something new

Beverly Hills, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The oppportunity to go above and beyond my job title as long as I am capable.

Waking up early.

Wait for the right fit because once you land the job, you actual have to work there.

Advice to Management

In the rare case that someone is truly prepared to surpass their peers, allow them the opportunity to do so.

Same experience as a first year full time employee

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting a good idea of what busy season is like for accountants and also sharing the same duties as a normal first year full time employee.

Towards the end of the internship the amount of down time began to increase.

It is a great experience filled with learning opportunities. You get a solid idea of what your responsibilities would be as a full time associate.

Though the hours were long and the assignments were tough at times, the firm culture made all the difference.

Dallas, TX | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The general helpfulness of the office staff. From people the year above me all the way to partners, it seemed everyone was willing to help out and answer questions.

There was nothing specifically I did not enjoy about the internship.

Make sure to schedule an office visit/interview in the office. I feel that people gain the most out of actually visiting an office and seeing the layout and meeting the people they might otherwise not be able to meet. This would give them the best experience into the inner workings of an office and would greatly help in their final decision.

An ACTUAL experience with ACTUAL work

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working closely with seniors and managers. They helped you out and treated you as an Associate 1 instead of an intern.

There was nothing I disliked about the internshp

There is room to grow in this company and everyone here is willing to help in any way possible.

Amazing

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Got to do real work.

I liked everything.

Through the internship you will see that all the great things you heard about Rothstein Kass is true.

Advice to Management

Better compensation.

Excellent Opportunities at Rothstein Kass via our Internship Program

Parsippany, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

They treated me like a full time employee. Our responsibilities were those of a full time staff members which was excellent.

The hours. But that goes with the industry (accounting) during a busy 'season'. It had nothing to do with the company really - just the flow of business.

This is a great company. They really try and make life as easy as possible when you first start and join the company. Completely recommended for anyone entering into the accounting world and interested in Finance (FS audit department).

Advice to Management

I like it here as is!

Want to be a staff? Learn like a Staff.

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The fact that as interns we did exactly what a staff member would. There was no watering down in the internship.

I didn't dislike anything.

If you want to enjoy your career, this is the best firm to go.

Advice to Management

Compensation could always be better anywhere. besides that there is nothing to even mention.