Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program

Awesome learning experience. I would do it over again if I were given the opportunity.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were treated just like a first year associate so we were exposed to all the aspects of an audit. This was great as a learning experience.

We went directly in to a week long training program and some of the information was over my head at the time. From what I understand they have made some improvements to this taining program.

Be expected to work long hours and actually get real hands on experience. Even though the hours are long the firm does their best to make it fun by conducting various activities throughout the busy season.

Great Firm, Great Pay, GREAT CULTURE
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were great and I learned tons about Auditing/ Auditing Hedge Funds.

Great firm to work for and the internship just shows you this over a 3 month period.

Advice to Management

Only thing I was not wild about was the start date. After a week of training we started full time around the second week of January which by then things were very busy. Starting the middle of December will allow for new hires to become introduced to the firm and trained BEFORE Busy Season.

Given the opportunity to learn and improve my skills.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was not treated as an "intern" during my internship. Rather, I was treated as a normal staff member and given the same work and responsibilities.

Have training after a week of in office, hands on shadowing.

If you want to work in an accounting firm - Rothstein Kass is the place to be!

Rothstein Kass, The Place To Work
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very helpful and accomodating. All the employees at all levels were willing to help me and make sure that I was successful at what I as doing. The office cultrue is fantastc. I felt like I was making a difference and assisting RK team members with meaning work.

The long hours, but that I a known thing about working a busy season at an accounting office.

Unlike at the Big 4 firms, at RK you are more than just a number. Everyone knows who everyone else is and everyone is willing and able to work together to figure out a problem. Interns are generalyl hired with the intent for a full time offer, which makes everyone work even harder during their internships.

Same experience as a first year full time employee
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting a good idea of what busy season is like for accountants and also sharing the same duties as a normal first year full time employee.

Towards the end of the internship the amount of down time began to increase.

It is a great experience filled with learning opportunities. You get a solid idea of what your responsibilities would be as a full time associate.

A Phenomenal Experience
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

That we were treated as if we were full-time employees and people genuinely cared about you. Also being the only staff on some engagements made for a fantastic learning experience.

There was nothing internal to the firm that I did not like. I would have to say the hours; however, it is busy season so that comes with the profession.

Do not worry about the technical aspects of the job. RK will teach you that. Come in with a good attitude, willingness to ask questions, and the drive to learn and you will succeed.

Rothstein Kass Interns Receive Realistic Work Relationships and Expierence.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like a true staff accountant and was not just stuffing envelopes and scanning papers. I felt like a professional in my field upon leaving the internship.

There were times where seniors did not teach us what we needed to do as well as I would have liked.

Really get to know the person who you are interviewing with. The HR representatives truly represent the nature of the firm and can provide you with insight on how the culture is.

Advice to Management

Compensation is a bit lower than the Big 4 interns.

The internship was excellent
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was how flexible/understanding they were.

What I liked least about the internship was the initial training, which was very broad and did not apply to what I would be doing in the office.

You will receive excellent on the job experience and the compensation is good.

Excellent Opportunities at Rothstein Kass via our Internship Program
Parsippany, NJ | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

They treated me like a full time employee. Our responsibilities were those of a full time staff members which was excellent.

The hours. But that goes with the industry (accounting) during a busy 'season'. It had nothing to do with the company really - just the flow of business.

This is a great company. They really try and make life as easy as possible when you first start and join the company. Completely recommended for anyone entering into the accounting world and interested in Finance (FS audit department).

Advice to Management

I like it here as is!

Though the hours were long and the assignments were tough at times, the firm culture made all the difference.
Dallas, TX | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The general helpfulness of the office staff. From people the year above me all the way to partners, it seemed everyone was willing to help out and answer questions.

There was nothing specifically I did not enjoy about the internship.

Make sure to schedule an office visit/interview in the office. I feel that people gain the most out of actually visiting an office and seeing the layout and meeting the people they might otherwise not be able to meet. This would give them the best experience into the inner workings of an office and would greatly help in their final decision.