Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program

4.7 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 39 Intern Reviews)

Amazing

Got to do real work.

I liked everything.

Through the internship you will see that all the great things you heard about Rothstein Kass is true.

Advice to Management

Better compensation.

Rothstein Kass, The Place To Work
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very helpful and accomodating. All the employees at all levels were willing to help me and make sure that I was successful at what I as doing. The office cultrue is fantastc. I felt like I was making a difference and assisting RK team members with meaning work.

The long hours, but that I a known thing about working a busy season at an accounting office.

Unlike at the Big 4 firms, at RK you are more than just a number. Everyone knows who everyone else is and everyone is willing and able to work together to figure out a problem. Interns are generalyl hired with the intent for a full time offer, which makes everyone work even harder during their internships.

A Phenomenal Experience
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

That we were treated as if we were full-time employees and people genuinely cared about you. Also being the only staff on some engagements made for a fantastic learning experience.

There was nothing internal to the firm that I did not like. I would have to say the hours; however, it is busy season so that comes with the profession.

Do not worry about the technical aspects of the job. RK will teach you that. Come in with a good attitude, willingness to ask questions, and the drive to learn and you will succeed.

Excellent Real Accounting Experience
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Able to work side by side with professionals, and learn so much during the internship. Treated just like any of the staff. Assigned real clients and real work, not menial tasks.

No real cons about the internship, it gave you a real taste of public accounting.

Be ready to put in the long hours, but have some fun and treats along the way.

Advice to Management

The hours can be a bit much towards the end of season.

Same experience as a first year full time employee
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting a good idea of what busy season is like for accountants and also sharing the same duties as a normal first year full time employee.

Towards the end of the internship the amount of down time began to increase.

It is a great experience filled with learning opportunities. You get a solid idea of what your responsibilities would be as a full time associate.

Awesome learning experience. I would do it over again if I were given the opportunity.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were treated just like a first year associate so we were exposed to all the aspects of an audit. This was great as a learning experience.

We went directly in to a week long training program and some of the information was over my head at the time. From what I understand they have made some improvements to this taining program.

Be expected to work long hours and actually get real hands on experience. Even though the hours are long the firm does their best to make it fun by conducting various activities throughout the busy season.

The internship was excellent
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was how flexible/understanding they were.

What I liked least about the internship was the initial training, which was very broad and did not apply to what I would be doing in the office.

You will receive excellent on the job experience and the compensation is good.

Given the opportunity to learn and improve my skills.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was not treated as an "intern" during my internship. Rather, I was treated as a normal staff member and given the same work and responsibilities.

Have training after a week of in office, hands on shadowing.

If you want to work in an accounting firm - Rothstein Kass is the place to be!

An internship where you're not treated like an intern, but as a full time employee.
New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting right into real work. As an intern I was treated just like any other staff, interns have the same responsibilities as most other staff. Hourly pay was also great especially because we worked a lot of overtime during busy season. The people were great as well, always felt like a part of the company and not just an intern. There was no 'intern work' or have the intern do it attitude.

The hours were tough but it was during busy season so that is expcected. Worked 6 days a week for almost my entire 4 months as an intern.

You will be exposed to a lot and learn a tremendous amount in a short time. You're going to be treated like a staff and have pretty close to the same expectations in terms of your work load and quality of work. You will most likely get a job offer. I received a job offer and almost every other person who has interned here has received and accepted a job offer. The culture is also great people try to have fun despite the crazy amount of work you will have to do during busy season. Despite all the work though you are paid by the hour and cand make some pretty good money especially because you will be working overtime every week.

Excellent, comfortable, learning experience leads to job.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture of Rothstein Kass is very friendly and helpful. They take alot of pressure off you and provide all the information you need that will lead to a successful internship and possible full time offer.

Not knowing right away if you are taking too long to complete a task. Sometimes higher level staff will fix your workpapers and not tell you what they did or that they were going to do the work. Also, sometimes there was no work to do.

They have a great work/life balance. You have plenty of opportunity to learn your craft in an environment that is more nuturing than the big 4. Salary is a little lower but you can get OT and up to 7 weeks vacation.

Advice to Management

I am very happy with my workplace.