Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program

Intern at Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

An internship where you're not treated like an intern, but as a full time employee.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting right into real work. As an intern I was treated just like any other staff, interns have the same responsibilities as most other staff. Hourly pay was also great especially because we worked a lot of overtime during busy season. The people were great as well, always felt like a part of the company and not just an intern. There was no 'intern work' or have the intern do it attitude.

The hours were tough but it was during busy season so that is expcected. Worked 6 days a week for almost my entire 4 months as an intern.

You will be exposed to a lot and learn a tremendous amount in a short time. You're going to be treated like a staff and have pretty close to the same expectations in terms of your work load and quality of work. You will most likely get a job offer. I received a job offer and almost every other person who has interned here has received and accepted a job offer. The culture is also great people try to have fun despite the crazy amount of work you will have to do during busy season. Despite all the work though you are paid by the hour and cand make some pretty good money especially because you will be working overtime every week.

Work hard play hard and never be afraid to learn something new
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The oppportunity to go above and beyond my job title as long as I am capable.

Waking up early.

Wait for the right fit because once you land the job, you actual have to work there.

Advice to Management

In the rare case that someone is truly prepared to surpass their peers, allow them the opportunity to do so.

Awesome learning experience. I would do it over again if I were given the opportunity.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were treated just like a first year associate so we were exposed to all the aspects of an audit. This was great as a learning experience.

We went directly in to a week long training program and some of the information was over my head at the time. From what I understand they have made some improvements to this taining program.

Be expected to work long hours and actually get real hands on experience. Even though the hours are long the firm does their best to make it fun by conducting various activities throughout the busy season.

Same experience as a first year full time employee
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting a good idea of what busy season is like for accountants and also sharing the same duties as a normal first year full time employee.

Towards the end of the internship the amount of down time began to increase.

It is a great experience filled with learning opportunities. You get a solid idea of what your responsibilities would be as a full time associate.

The best internship I've ever experienced.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, company culture, learned alot of information, and enjoying the work I completed

Uploading documents into files.

A very friendly work environment/family atmosphere

An ACTUAL experience with ACTUAL work
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working closely with seniors and managers. They helped you out and treated you as an Associate 1 instead of an intern.

There was nothing I disliked about the internshp

There is room to grow in this company and everyone here is willing to help in any way possible.

A Phenomenal Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

That we were treated as if we were full-time employees and people genuinely cared about you. Also being the only staff on some engagements made for a fantastic learning experience.

There was nothing internal to the firm that I did not like. I would have to say the hours; however, it is busy season so that comes with the profession.

Do not worry about the technical aspects of the job. RK will teach you that. Come in with a good attitude, willingness to ask questions, and the drive to learn and you will succeed.

Real work expirience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

RK people, open door policy

I liked everything

Dont be afraid to ask questions and be open to new ideas

Given the opportunity to learn and improve my skills.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was not treated as an "intern" during my internship. Rather, I was treated as a normal staff member and given the same work and responsibilities.

Have training after a week of in office, hands on shadowing.

If you want to work in an accounting firm - Rothstein Kass is the place to be!

Though the hours were long and the assignments were tough at times, the firm culture made all the difference.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The general helpfulness of the office staff. From people the year above me all the way to partners, it seemed everyone was willing to help out and answer questions.

There was nothing specifically I did not enjoy about the internship.

Make sure to schedule an office visit/interview in the office. I feel that people gain the most out of actually visiting an office and seeing the layout and meeting the people they might otherwise not be able to meet. This would give them the best experience into the inner workings of an office and would greatly help in their final decision.