Intern at Rothstein Kass Spring Semester Internship Program? Submit a Review

The internship was excellent

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was how flexible/understanding they were.

What I liked least about the internship was the initial training, which was very broad and did not apply to what I would be doing in the office.

You will receive excellent on the job experience and the compensation is good.

Same experience as a first year full time employee

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting a good idea of what busy season is like for accountants and also sharing the same duties as a normal first year full time employee.

Towards the end of the internship the amount of down time began to increase.

It is a great experience filled with learning opportunities. You get a solid idea of what your responsibilities would be as a full time associate.

Rothstein Kass Interns Receive Realistic Work Relationships and Expierence.

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like a true staff accountant and was not just stuffing envelopes and scanning papers. I felt like a professional in my field upon leaving the internship.

There were times where seniors did not teach us what we needed to do as well as I would have liked.

Really get to know the person who you are interviewing with. The HR representatives truly represent the nature of the firm and can provide you with insight on how the culture is.

Advice to Management

Compensation is a bit lower than the Big 4 interns.

Rothstein Kass, The Place To Work

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone was very helpful and accomodating. All the employees at all levels were willing to help me and make sure that I was successful at what I as doing. The office cultrue is fantastc. I felt like I was making a difference and assisting RK team members with meaning work.

The long hours, but that I a known thing about working a busy season at an accounting office.

Unlike at the Big 4 firms, at RK you are more than just a number. Everyone knows who everyone else is and everyone is willing and able to work together to figure out a problem. Interns are generalyl hired with the intent for a full time offer, which makes everyone work even harder during their internships.

BEST INTERNSHIP EVER HAVE

One on one training
Intensive Excel training
Manager / Senior were very easy to communicate with
Friendly environment (both in house and afterwork social life)

Training seemed inconsistant within and outside of department. Information needs to better spread across the company, many commend errors could be easily prevented.

Don't hesitate to ask many questions
Take good notes
Spent only 10-15 min on one problem. If you stuck longer than that, don't afraid to ask Senior / Manager for help, most likely they can resolve the issue. People like to see that you gave an effort to attempt solving the problem before raise the question. Remember, don't waste too much time; this reduces the efficiency of yourself and your team's specially during tax season.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer the position to candidate who intended to enter the Accounting and/or Tax pratice later in his/her career. The position helps candidates gain basic knowledge how hedge fund accounting works.

Amazing

Got to do real work.

I liked everything.

Through the internship you will see that all the great things you heard about Rothstein Kass is true.

Advice to Management

Better compensation.

A Phenomenal Experience

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

That we were treated as if we were full-time employees and people genuinely cared about you. Also being the only staff on some engagements made for a fantastic learning experience.

There was nothing internal to the firm that I did not like. I would have to say the hours; however, it is busy season so that comes with the profession.

Do not worry about the technical aspects of the job. RK will teach you that. Come in with a good attitude, willingness to ask questions, and the drive to learn and you will succeed.

Great Firm, Great Pay, GREAT CULTURE

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People were great and I learned tons about Auditing/ Auditing Hedge Funds.

Great firm to work for and the internship just shows you this over a 3 month period.

Advice to Management

Only thing I was not wild about was the start date. After a week of training we started full time around the second week of January which by then things were very busy. Starting the middle of December will allow for new hires to become introduced to the firm and trained BEFORE Busy Season.

Excellent Real Accounting Experience

Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Able to work side by side with professionals, and learn so much during the internship. Treated just like any of the staff. Assigned real clients and real work, not menial tasks.

No real cons about the internship, it gave you a real taste of public accounting.

Be ready to put in the long hours, but have some fun and treats along the way.

Advice to Management

The hours can be a bit much towards the end of season.

Given the opportunity to learn and improve my skills.

New York, NY | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was not treated as an "intern" during my internship. Rather, I was treated as a normal staff member and given the same work and responsibilities.

Have training after a week of in office, hands on shadowing.

If you want to work in an accounting firm - Rothstein Kass is the place to be!