Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Log in to Submit a Review

Insight to the public accounting profession
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having a very knowledgeable senior that was able to teach me a variety of aspects of the audit as a whole.

The internship was too short. I wish it was at least a month longer in order to learn more about the work and opportunities within the company.

Be open to learn and absorb everything that they teach you. Keep the big picture in mind. Often times people are stuck on the individual details of the assignments and forget how your task relates to the audit as a whole.

Advice to Management

Public accounting has very high turnover, due to burn out or better job opportunities etc. There should be a policy in place that allows employees who give ample notice, to take a one or two month sabbatical (with no pay) if they choose in order to recharge. Additionally, this act should not be frowned upon and encouraged after working long stretches. This might minimize turnover and the need to hire and train new employees.

Fast Summer, Lots of Learning
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my Senior Associate. She really became a mentor to me, even though I was assigned a different mentor when I entered the company.

Although I loved the client I was assigned to, only being on one client was limiting in the sense that I didn't fully get to experience different sectors of auditing.

Make sure you take lots of notes during training and go back to them; this will help a lot when getting assigned to tasks -- that way you won't have to waste time asking silly questions that you already know the answer to.

Life changing experience

Mentorship, learning, etc

long hours and stress

understand you're going to be working longer hours when you're fulltime *avg 50hrs+ per week

The best internship experience that I've had.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got along very well with my team, making the work environment enjoyable.

I would have liked to have more exposure into the details of projects, as opposed to just broad overviews.

Everyone is willing to help and answer any of your questions.

A Great Learning and Career Development Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC puts a lot of time and effort into training and career development. During my internship I had multiple mentors and two weeks of training at the beginning with more training to follow through the entire internship. I made friends and professional connections that will benfit me for many years to come even if I didn't accept a full time offer with the firm. The pay is also really good.

The hours can be long but it balances out in the end. There were times that I did 'intern' work such as making copies and filing but that was mostly in the beginning when I still was learning.

Show the firm that you are a hard worker and if you don't have work then reach out for some. Also show the firm that you would be enjoyable person to work with.

PwC's internship was a fantastic learning experience; developed personal and professional skills
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My heavy involvement on the team, compensation, training programs and workshops, company culture, social activities, PwC's Internship Development Program in Disney World, support from mentors, and experience learning how to prepare tax returns

Busy season hours were hectic, which was expected.

Working at a big four firm is busy and fast paced but PwC has a fantastic company culture with great people that help you develop your personal and professional skills. During the busy months of tax season, we worked hard but also had fun activities planned to make things easier. For example, every Friday the company would buy pizzas for lunch and everyone would take a nice long lunch break to socialize and enjoy lunch. The people who work at PwC are great and make working longer hours more enjoyable.

A summer full of unforgettable memories.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, corporate culture, benefits.

The long hours.

Get to know as many people as you can.

Advice to Management

N/A

Great
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Very nice/ helpful colleagues who are happy to teach/train me.

nothing - it was great

people here are happy to teach and explain and train (not the case in other organizations)

A great work experience with a great firm and company culture.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Company culture, training, knowledge gained, and networking opportunities.

I wished it would have been longer, but with the summer schedule it was the time available.

This is a great firm to work at, it has a great culture, you will learn more than you will even imagine and the experience will seem shorter than it really is. Time flies when you are enjoying what you are doing.

If you want a great experience, join PwC
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed all of the different clients I was able to work with. I was also able to work on many different teams and meet many people within the company which made me realize what a great fit I was within the company. There were many events specifically for the interns which allowed us to get to know each other very well and I really appreciated that. I was able to fully understand the culture of the firm as well which was very positive. My access to partners was something that was unexpected and being able to have one on one time with partners was one of my favorite aspects of the internship. The experience solidified my initial thoughts that I wanted to work at PwC full time.

There was not anything I can think of that I did not particularly like about the internship

PwC is a great place to work because the people are extremely welcoming and knowledgeable. You will learn a lot and you will have many responsibilities that help you grow.