4.6 of 5 stars (2,560 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,751 Intern Reviews

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Orlando, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was getting to meet and work with such amazing people.

The worst part of the internship was it coming to an end.

PwC is a great place to begin your career. It's hard work, but it is well worth it. Great learning experience!

Why would someone mistakenly debit treasury stock, and what would you do to fix it? Tell me about yourself. Asked about previous work experiences I had listed on my resume. Also, asked various questions on how I would solve problems at work.

Professional and collaborative environment.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office culture.

Consistency of project flow.

Great place if you highly value work-life balance.

My PwC Internship Experience

Kansas City, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I performed the same work as full-time associates, so I gained real insight into the requirements of the job. I received detailed mentoring and feedback from a variety of individuals across all experience levels. The firm culture was a perfect fit for me, and the compensation was higher than the other offers I received in that market.

The internship ended a bit earlier than I would have liked. It was a predetermined length of time, though, and I understand the reasons behind that method of handling internships.

Try to spend as much time as you can with the professionals at the firm and office you are considering. You want to do your best to determine whether the firm's culture is a good fit for you.

A Memorable Learning Experience that will Assure You that You Chose the Right Major

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People

Ability to learn so much in a little over 2 months

Pay

The hours can become a lot but that is what allowed me to learn so much

This prestigious firm treats its employees so well to ensure that their job experience is nothing short of remarkable.

Describe a time you led a group through a problem in order to reach a solution.

What is your worst characteristic?

What made you want to do public accounting?

Advice to Management

Sometimes I felt like their were a few too many e-learns which are videos that help in regards to training. Sometimes it seemed overwhelming in addition to all the hours I worked. However, even though it was a lot, they truly did help and they were very interesting. It may be helpful if the e-learns were shortened a tad bit.

Grow your own way in PwC.

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC provided us tons of great chances to meet people to build our own relationships.

Sometimes we have more free time.

Here, you will learn something new every day; you will meet some new people every day. You will grow your own way.

Tell me about your weakness.

Meaningful and rewarding work experience!

Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours, pay, location, other employees.

Nothing, it was a great experience.

Be prepared to put in long hours, but you will be fairly compensated and treated well.

A perfectly balanced internship experience

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

gained real-life experience working on-site with project teams day to day, but it was very well balanced with events and activities that the interns participated in to connect with each other outside of day-to-day client work, such as community service events, social events, sporting events, and other fun projects. Hourly pay also promoted a work-life balance during the internship and compensated those interns who worked overtime. The internship program ended with a week in Disney World for all those who received full-time offers for the "Intern Development Program (IDP)" to work on developing customer service and team/project-based skills in partnership with the Disney Corporation. That was a phenomenal experience and a true differentiator.

It was challenging to support one of my projects while based in our HQ office because I did not have a government clearance/badge to be on-site with the project team. The team was very accommodating, but that was a challenge for a short time.

Be open to new experiences and meeting new people; that is a huge part of the internship experience and will benefit you greatly.

Describe a time when you faced a challenge on a project team and how you worked to overcome that challenge.

Describe a time when you had to navigate conflicting guidance from multiple leaders in an organization or another environment. How did you respond and meet everyone's needs?

Audit Intern Performing Work of First Year Associate

Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the ability to perform real work on the job, the compensation, the organization

The travel and the work I performed

Evaluate the culture of the people. They are very personable and it is important that this fits for you. The work is difficult and it is important that you evaluate whether you are willing to put in enough time and effort to enjoy the job.