4.6 of 5 stars Overall Intern Rating (1977 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 1977 Intern Reviews

Excellent Insight into Public Accounting world

Challenges we were expected to meet, willingness of mentors to teach.

Not long enough

Be a sponge, Try to learn as much as possible

From rural Illinois to the Mile High City: Tales of an unforgettable summer

The best aspect of this internship is the chance to work with brilliant, driven, caring, and helpful individuals on a daily basis. I have learned more than I could have ever hoped just by watching these people on a daily basis.

What I liked least about this internship is that I was the only intern in the office on a daily basis. All others were out on clients.

Do your due dilligience during your career search and you won't be disappointed.

Date: 2013

awesome internship, learned a lot, achieved a lot and most importantly, networked with a lot of interns from other parts of the country.

learning and networking opportunities, exposure to various departments and firm benefits, and real insight of what to expect for a full-time employee,

Not enough work for the first two weeks,

great starting point for your career and enormous opportunities to work for smart, friendly and professional people.

Advice to Management

Work could be better structured for interns even when it's not a busy season, it's awkward when there's nothing to do and nobody needs your help.

Date: 2013

Career allows you to be an auditor, teacher, and student

the team I worked on was a great team to work with

Was not allowed to work overtime when I would have liked to experience what a full day is like for associates

Don't be afraid to ask questions

Date: 2013

Not your regular internship, PwC gives interns real responsibility and real opportunities

Flexibility with work schedule; real responsibilities; very friendly company culture; good mentoring program

I was unlucky and after a client fell through, my demand managers struggled to find me a project to work on at the beginning of the internship. This was very rare however--I was the only intern that experienced such a problem.

Take advantage of every opportunity for networking/career exploration/etc. that PwC gives you

Advice to Management

Have multiple options for interns's potential projects in case certain things fall through.

Date: 2013

The best work experience coupled with the most fun you can have in one summer

The people I worked with always took time to explain things to me and were just generally fun and nice people to be around

I could have had more time on clients but that is just the nature of the work, it comes in waves

I am really proud to be working here and I am really thankful I had the opportunity to be a part of this company and to have made a contribution to the success of my team

Date: 2013

"The opportunities are endless."

Career development; periodic performance feedback; flexibility; plenty responsibility; adding value to each engagement; developing extensive knowledge; getting face time with the client; improving communication and analytical skills;

Long hours and working weekends

When it comes down to choosing which big 4 firm to work for, the most important aspect is how you fit in with the people and culture of the firm. Pay close attention to the relationships you build during the interview process. Every firm has its perks, but the culture at PwC I couldn't find anywhere else. The opportunities are endless.

Advice to Management

Better compensation due to the required level of education and requirements for advancement in the firm.

Simply amazing.

I believe some of the best aspects of the internship were the strong focus on team building and creating strong relationships. I also really enjoyed the people I worked with. Everyone is always more than willing to help out and provide insight that will help you down the road.

If I had to change one thing about the internship I would try to move the line of service breakfasts closer together in the beginning of the internship to give all of the interns more exposure to all areas of the firm and give them a chance to meet and find out a little something about their intern class before getting really caught up in their client work.

Always keep a positive attitude and show that you are willing to learn.

AN EXPERIENCE WITH THE BEST ACCOUNTING FIRM YOU'LL NEVER FORGET

The people at this firm are hardworking, driven, and willing to make time for the interns.

Being assigned on the same client throughout the summer.

An opportunity to work for PwC is not one to give up. I personally was not interested in working for any of the big four companies upon interviewing, but after meeting employees at PwC and learning more about their quality of work, I knew it was a chance I could not give up.

Advice to Management

Get the interns to work on more client engagements so they can get exposed to different industries.

Lifelong Experiences with Endless Opportunities

I was given the opportunity to travel internationally as part of my internship and perform assurance services for clients abroad. The people were also helpful and encouraging, providing for an astounding coaching and mentoring program with PwC. After completing my internship, I felt like a part of the PwC family, and this is the most important aspect of my experience.

The worst part about my internship was the length. I wish that it could have been a longer internship. It was only 8 weeks long, but I still learned immensely throughout my time with PwC.

Candidates ought to be willing to take the initiative. It never hurts to ask questions throughout your internship, and you will be surprised by how much you can learn from interactions with other PwC employees. PwC is an open and welcoming environment, and this is its greatest asset. The firm invests its time in developing its people, and this is the most rewarding aspect of working with PwC.

Advice to Management

Employee retention is always an important aspect that PwC can improve upon. However, when compared to the other "Big 4" accounting firms, PwC is equally on-par with its competition in regards to employee retention. Continuing to grow and foster individuality is important, and PwC has successfully accomplished this goal thus far.