4.6 of 5 stars (5,160 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Advance, Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 3,561 Intern Reviews

Top notch

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hearing from other employees. Feeling as if you are already an employee and apart of the company.

Having to go back to school!

soak up every bit of information you can

Astounding opportunity to delve into the details of what it means to be an auditor with renowned accounting firm PwC

Rochester, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the best aspects of the internship was the opportunity to meet and network with people. This starts with the people you intern with. We had a training event where we had a chance to meet people in our market that were interning in the same field as us. This really solidified friendships for the long haul and made it easier to talk to someone who you knew was on the same page as you day in and day out.

There was not anything I liked the least. I guess you could say that things surprised me, as I did not know what to expect never having interned in audit before. One thing that surprised me was the long hours but I certainly understand the need to ensure all work is completed and at a high quality level. I feel that the long hours could be seen as a negative but from a different perspective they also represent the hard work that employees dedicated to putting in week after week ensuring PwC lives up to their reputation.

Any candidate that is evaluating PwC as a potential employer should decipher what they want to get out of their career. I know for me for instance that I want the opportunity to travel whether it be in the United States or abroad. I know that I want to challenge myself and set goals that will propel me up the corporate ladder. I know that the firm will provide the tools for success if I am willing to dedicate myself to using them. I know that I enjoy how much the firm values their employees and networking opportunities. All of these things are things that I looked for in an employer and I found that my wants and needs were met and even exceeded by PwC.

Best Internship in the Accounting Industry.

Florham Park, NJ | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having real life experience and working as if I am a first year associate allowed me to be challenged and grew me career wise.

At times the work was challenging but my peers were all very helpful whenever I had a question.

The coaching that PwC provides is amazing and the work culture is very encouraging for personal growth.

Advice to Management

Compensation could be a little more for full time students.

What are your strengths?
What are your weaknesses?

A Summer of Knowledge and Growth

Boston, MA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, office location, and the work being completed.

When there were days that were a bit slow.

This internship is a great opportunity to learn and grow as an accountant and employee.

Advice to Management

Nothing!

Why would you want to work at PwC?

PwC's Advance: 10 Reasons to Change Your Major to Accounting

San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of hands-on work and trust that my team members gave me was really awesome. The only way to swim is to get thrown in the deep end and you figure it out. The whole time, there are people at the side of the pool (PwC coworkers) teaching you the ways to swim and eventually you've got it.

Sometimes the amount of work that I had prevented me from enjoying the different extracurricular activities that the internship offered.

The hours are long but the career path is there. Between networking and client interaction, there are always opportunities to do more. PwC is essentially either a spring cable to something new and better or it can be the most comfortable home, depending on your career choices and desires.

Advice to Management

Work-life balance can always improve.

Tell me about yourself. The interviewers strung questions out based on my initial response.

Most rewarding internship experience I could have hoped for

San Diego, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The different audit teams I got to work with.

The summer is not busy so there was not a lot of work

The firm will always be open to your career dreams

Advice to Management

The firm is very flexible with employees schedules. There are so many opportunities for trainings and career development

Career Opportunity of a Lifetime

Harrisburg, PA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

How involved I was in the work as an intern.

Recording time (mobile T&E). The process was very detailed.

Everyone interested in pursuing a career in public accounting should definitely consider employment with PwC. The firm provides great training, flexibility, and opportunities to grow and improve in the profession.

PwC is exactly where I want to begin my career

Stamford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Type of work performed, trainings and the people you meet

Commuting can get old

Embrace the opportunity

PwC: Work Hard, Have Fun, Make Memories.

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of intern events they had for us was a big positive. These events allowed us to network and connect across the different groups in the office and have a lot of fun (whether it was going to sporting events, Houston Rodeo, Happy hours, Volunteering days, ect...)

Some of the benefits I would have liked to see were:
1. Provide parking
2. Greater help in finding a place to live/just providing a place to live.
However, these issues were minor to both me and my fellow interns and in no way made the internship anything less than stellar.

This is the best internship I had. Period. Everyone at my office was so welcoming and ready to help/teach if I was unsure of what I was supposed to do. Add in all the events they had for us (average of 1 a week) and the great people you will end up meeting and a free trip to Disney World, who wouldn't love this internship?

Advice to Management

Everything was great, the policies and procedures were straightforward and transparent. Maybe create a little more of a structured system for giving interns projects, there were times I had little do to, even after asking around the office for work.

Tell us a time that you had to demonstrate leadership?

Eye opening

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to work for a Large Professional Accounting company. The environment is great.

Because I was a START Intern, I was limited in some projects

They're very friendly and helpful. You are not expected to know anything

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)