4.6 of 5 stars (2,561 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 1,751 Intern Reviews

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

Work with a firm that truly invests in its employees through personal development and coaching.

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Responsibility

Transparency (not much)

Come in with an open mind and seek feedback.

-Tell me how you have expanded your network in college.

-Case interview was based on process improvement and identifying constraints/bottlenecks

-Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker

Advice to Management

Better-convey to interns what to expect from a full time arrangement (they avoid telling you about how much overtime is actually involved or what to expect for pay)

Great internship - would recommend to my peers

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to connect with current employees at all levels and learn about their experiences

I enjoyed everything about the internship - it was a great experience

Look beyond the compensation package - your pay situation will change drastically over the next several years of your career. Pay attention to how the company treats its more seasoned employees - this is where you will be soon. Do they offer good benefits and career growth? If so - that is the company you should choose.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on flexibility measures - the firm has become a leader for ensuring that employees are able to meet their personal and professional goals. Continuing this effort will help our generation find their place long-term.

The PwC internship is a one of a kind program of learning, collaboration, and client service.

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning what client service was all about!

It almost seemed too short!

Take each day of your internship with a fresh set of eyes, you never know what you will learn!

PwC Newsflash: Don't act like an intern and they won't treat you like one

Des Moines, IA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, trip to Disneyworld at the end, overnight training in different city.

Not much client interaction

It doesn't get much better. bro.

Great firm great culture

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with partners, other colleagues, and my intern class

Length of time could be slightly longer

So many opportunities in many areas of business

Achieveing personal growth while helping clients see real change.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunitiy to choose the industry I wanted to work in, my team, feedback process, courses available for personal training/development, informal networking opportunities/social events, hours/pay.

Formal networking opportunities were minimal.

Since I was always at the client, I rarely interacted with other interns.

Within industry, project assignment was random with little regard to intern skills/preferences.

During your internship you will be required to be a people person. Whether and extrovert or introvert, ability to work in teams is critical with both your PwC team and the client. Real-time feedback is also encouraged so be ready to get some tough love throughout; it will lead to personal growth. Additionally, employers love interns who have analytical/deliverable-creation skills so very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills can really make your internship fantastic. Lastly, come here if you want to be in a specific industry (Finance, Healthcare), not a specific competency (operations, strategy, etc.) because that is the way that the company is set up. Also know that it is very difficult to switch from one industry to another once you start full time.

After receiving the case, one of the things I was asked was to provide a timeline with implementation steps to my recommendations.

Advice to Management

Since within an industry, interns are placed on random projects, interns should receive more formal opportunities to get to know other aspects of that industry. For example, in Finance if you are placed on an insurance company, but were always interested in consulting an asset management firm, you should be able to formally network with that group.

A great learning experience!

Baltimore, MD | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Building relationships and applying knowledge from school to the job.

It was short.

Ask a lot of questions!

Describe a situation when you were in a team and what role you played.

Advice to Management

Continually improving work life balance.

Meaningful and rewarding work experience!

Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours, pay, location, other employees.

Nothing, it was a great experience.

Be prepared to put in long hours, but you will be fairly compensated and treated well.