4.6 of 5 stars (1,134 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

Great Experience, Great People, Great Company

Saint Louis, MO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture, training, diversity of work, and future employment opportunities.

I have nothing negative to say about the experience.

This is an excellent firm with a great attitude and exceptional people. You will be very happy you chose PwC!

A Boost in Technical Skills

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were networking, and growing my technical skill set.

I did not learn too much about the other divisions at PwC (Tax and Advisory) and the crossover among the three divisions.

The people you meet at this company are amazing! Everyone is so nice and they will help you so much along your journey at PwC. They make it a very comfortable environment so you can feel at ease asking questions when you don't understand something.

Tell me an example of when you worked in a group setting that was not ideal.

Advice to Management

None

PwC, great company to work for!

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of my internship was the people I worked with. They were always so supportive. I could go to them with any question at all and they were glad to help me out. This support from my co-workers made my internship experience less stressful than it could have been.

During February and March we were working very long hours. I had multiple weeks during that time where I was working 75+ hours. I would have to say the long hours were the worst part of my internship experience.

Be sure to really get to know a lot of people at each recruiting event. Enjoying the people you work with will make your internship experience infinitely better.

Most amazing experience

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I went to belize!

Not a lot of work

Say yes to every opportunity.

PwC takes college students and molds them into qualified associates in 10 weeks.

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Two of the firm's major areas of focus is on diversity and building relationships. I loved the hands on experience of my day to day job because I was working with a team comprised of different genders and multiple ethnicities. I learned not only about accounting, but also about different cultures and their everyday lives. The recruiting team also planned a variety of intern events to get is well acquainted with one another since we would soon start working full time together. So, my favorite aspects were working with my team and the intern social events.

I didn't like that there was no guidance on housing. I know that's outside of the scope of the internship, but it was very difficult to move to a new state and find a 3 month lease in a safe area of town when I knew nothing about Dallas.

If you want to work in an uplifting, challenging, and welcoming environment with some of the smartest people in the country, then PwC is for you.

Unlimited Opportunities.

San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the different opportunities that were presented throughout the internship.

One thing I wish I could change would be start date for the internship, I wish it was a longer program.

I would advise potential interns to do their research about the firm and their markets before choosing the office.

PwC gave me the opportunity to complete hight-level tasks in a team environment while making connections with their people.

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The PwC employees were very helpful in making sure I had an understanding of the work I was performing. I could always ask questions comfortably and the employees would work with me one-on-one to fully complete each task. The employees gave very helpful feedback. I was able to gain a great understanding of the work I was performing. Employees were always open to making new connections. The PwC Launch program at Disney World helped me network with other interns that received offers, as well as partners from all over the nation.

Right before the audit began and after it was completed, I didn't have too many tasks to complete.

Going into an internship with PwC keep an open mind, get to know as many employees as you can, and be willing to ask questions and for performance feedback. Take advantage of the many opportunities that PwC will open up for you.

Advice to Management

N/A

A perfectly balanced internship experience

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

gained real-life experience working on-site with project teams day to day, but it was very well balanced with events and activities that the interns participated in to connect with each other outside of day-to-day client work, such as community service events, social events, sporting events, and other fun projects. Hourly pay also promoted a work-life balance during the internship and compensated those interns who worked overtime. The internship program ended with a week in Disney World for all those who received full-time offers for the "Intern Development Program (IDP)" to work on developing customer service and team/project-based skills in partnership with the Disney Corporation. That was a phenomenal experience and a true differentiator.

It was challenging to support one of my projects while based in our HQ office because I did not have a government clearance/badge to be on-site with the project team. The team was very accommodating, but that was a challenge for a short time.

Be open to new experiences and meeting new people; that is a huge part of the internship experience and will benefit you greatly.

Describe a time when you faced a challenge on a project team and how you worked to overcome that challenge.

Describe a time when you had to navigate conflicting guidance from multiple leaders in an organization or another environment. How did you respond and meet everyone's needs?