PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Overall Intern Rating (4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 2,779 Intern Reviews

An opportunity to Grow
Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

PwC's Internship Experience Packs an Invaluable and Incomparable Punch.
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything was awesome. The work that we did was meaningful and beneficial to my development as a professional. I liked how I was treated as a first-year, and not so much as an intern. PwC really invested in me this summer and helped get my career off on the right foot.

I would've liked it to have been a little longer.

Really evaluate the quality of people that work for PwC because these are the people you will be surrounded by every day at work. At PwC, the people really do make all of the difference and is the main reason that working for PwC is such an amazing experience.

Client facing internship acting like a first year associate from day 1!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

real client facing job assignments, networking with other high performers, job prospects for growth

that it ended and I had to go back to school!

Think about where you could see yourself launching a career

Advice to Management

Nothing, keep the internship program as is; its great!

Best internship so far!
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, training, people, benefits

I liked every aspect of the internship.

It will really help you to boost your career. It is definitely worth going through the whole recruiting process at PwC.

Rewarding hands-on experience
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

As an intern, I was provided with challenging and meaningful work that contributed to the completion of an audit. I felt that I was a valued member of the engagement team and that my team members were interested in my development as a young professional.

The short duration of the summer internship. Public accounting has a steep learning curve, therefore once you began to feel comfortable with the processes, procedures and system, the internship is over.

The PwC environment is truly dedicated to the learning and development of employees and interns. Public accounting can be a challenging and demanding industry, but PwC is committed to helpling it's employees build a strong foundation and grow as professionals.

PwC's Demanding Internships Attract the Most Diligent Students
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved that I was able to experience what an associate with PwC actually does from day to day.

Some of the work I did was simple and almost mindless because I obviously was not yet qualified for the more difficult tasks.

Work everyday as if you want to be partner.

Great people, great learning opportunities, unforgettable experience
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experience in the field of taxation and the people I worked with

There was anything that comes to mind

The accounting industry requires some long hours, but the people are what make PwC a great firm to work for. The culture is laid back and fun. During tax season, we even had a mini-golf tournament held each Friday.

Best summer of my life
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to client service

The lack or rotation on clients

Have an open mind. The most important part is getting in the door and after a short time you will be able to experience the LOs you desire.

Tell me a time that you had to lead a team during a difficult situation?

Advice to Management

More help with relocation cost and housing

Real-Life Auditing Experience in a Fast-Paced, Exciting Environment!
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real-life exposure to the auditing practice with realistic responsibilities and expectations for the future

Sometimes felt coddled due to lack of overall experience

If you mesh well with the staff, you will likely do well in the future. A positive work environment is key to your happiness.

PwC offers internship with genuine work experience and high full time offer rate!
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were all very friendly and the training and launch trips were a lot of fun

There really was nothing I didn't like

PwC offers a comfortable work enviornment where everyone is doing significant work for the firm, including the interns.