PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 1,179 Intern Reviews

Challenging and Rewarding
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

training and relationships

not enough work

meet as many people as you can and ask lots of questions

It was a very fulfilled internship experience that I have gained various perspectives about what we do in a daily basis
Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great exposures to technique skills and different types of engagements; People in the office are extremely friendly and helpful; Great office culture

I wish my internship would be longer so that I would have the opportunity to work with data visualization

Be open minded with your colleagues and your coach. You can discuss with them about almost everything. Don't be afraid to ask questions because we are there for each other.

An Adventure in 8 Weeks
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed all the networking that this internship provided me. I am great friends with all the other interns and the people on my client team. I also learned a lot more in those 8 weeks than I have in any class.

I wish I knew more why I was completing each task that I was completing. I feel like I was just assigned a simple task to complete but I didn't know why I was doing this.

I would tell a potential intern to be open minded about the whole experience and to continually ask questions to learn something new everyday. I would also tell them to continually network with everyone they meet.

Advice to Management

I think that PwC was an excellent place to work. However, I think it would have been nice to know how many hours I was going to work per week, or if I would be needed to stay later. Then, I can plan things around that.

Internship that Requires an Open Mind
Florham Park, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the benefits, and the opportunities.

The environment is very demanding.

Have an open mind, be willing to travel to different locations, and bring a red pencil.

"If there is one thing you could change about your college/university, what would it be?"

Advice to Management

I was a little surprised by compensation in regards to interns making more money than associates at times due to overtime.

The Best Career Jump-Start
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Nice co-workers, meaningful work, networking opportunities, and caring people

Since I worked in busy season, the hours were very demanding.

There are so many possibilities awaiting at PwC. Take advantage of every second!

insustry exposure with moderate client challenges
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

people, work/life balance, pay, learning

less strategy involved

be proactive

Awesome. Made a lot of money
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The money and the people

The hours were a little crazy at times

Be prepared to work and learn

PwC internships is challenging and allows for hands on experience.
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people, client interaction, hands on

Different hours daily

Reach out to the campus recruiters early and gain that connection because they will be helpful later on. Even if you are a freshman, it is great to get to know the recruiters before the interview process begins.

Gaining Exposure, Developing Skills and Building Connections
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC puts a lot of effort into designing their onboarding and enrichment activities. These definitely helped in getting us interns into the right mindset for the summer as well as introducing us to key elements of PwC culture.

The mentoring program was also a big part of my internship experience. Interns are given a Peer Mentor, a Coach and a Relationship Partner. Each of these individuals played a unique role in helping me to navigate my summer experience. They all seemed genuinely interested in my development and success.

Finally there are so many great resources available to Interns (and all PwC professionals). Though I had difficultly in navigating the various resources, the ones that I did use were very helpful.

The hours on my particular engagement were not as flexible as I would have liked. Given the location of the client site I was often on site for much longer than necessary.

I would have also liked a little more guidance on how to take advantage of the many resources accessible to firm professionals. Ultimately I was able to get such advice from members of my engagement team but it would have been nice to have more formal overviews led by the Internship academy.

PwC has a number of great development and enrichment programs that aim to ensure your success at PwC and beyond.

From my personal experience, I can also say that PwC Interns are given substantial work on their engagements and truly contribute to delivering value to the client. Rather than observing from the sidelines, you are treated as a valuable team member and expected to deliver value and insights along with everyone else.

PwC Internship: The excellent learning experience and career starter
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The relationships that were built and co-workers willingness to help were two aspects that made me really enjoy my internship. Also, I enjoyed how I was treated as a full-time employee with the importance of work that I was assigned.

Even though they were expected, the long hours were sometimes difficult to handle.

I would say be ready to work hard and be an integral part to the engagement team. If you do so, there is a great chance that you will end up with an offer to work for the firm full-time.

Tell me about yourself.

Many of my interviews with PwC were conversation-based as we talked about my resume and what could be expected during an internship.

Advice to Management

Try and limit the amount of hours interns can work because I believe there is the potential to burn them out before starting full-time.