4.6 of 5 stars (2,560 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

A Great Experience.

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Traveling to different places and contributing to real client work right away.

Was put into a semi unfamiliar line of work.

Be open to many possibilities.

Learn what to expect as a first year associate at a Big Four Public Accounting Firm, while building long lasting relationships.

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting interns from around the country.

Learning how to use skills I learned in school.

Learning about possible opportunities for growth and career paths.

Coaching from people who care.

free time in the office

Learn that is not always about the work but the people that are doing the work.

Why did you choose public accounting? What are you looking for in a career? What skills do you possess that would make you a good addition to PwC?

Advice to Management

Send less emails and with the emails that are sent out, have items numbered for interns to follow. Make it easier so that things are not missed. Have ambassadors picked before weeks into the internship. Training would be better if the room had windows.

Receive a full-time offer!

Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

good pay, some overtime

work was not exciting

work as an intern will not compare to that when you start full-time

PwC provides relevant, powerful internship experience to college-aged aspiring professionals.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Client experience was fantastic.

Nothing comes to mind.

Take advantage of every opportunity you can find.

Great learning expereince

Baltimore, MD | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Had opportunity to grow, learn, network, and develop my global acumen

I do not believe that I was effectively informed of day-to-day responsibilities of Risk Assurance Intern

amazing career opprotunites, great people

Spend every dime of your per diem during training and make as many friends as possible in other markets

Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training. I was able to attend a national training in Tampa which allowed me to train with full-timers who had previously participated in internships. This experience was invaluable. When I finally met with other interns in my market, I had a strong sense of how internships worked at PwC. Also, I had made friends in markets all over the country. This has proved to be very beneficial in the start to my career.

Working from 8am-10pm is rough, but honestly it is certainly doable. Also, many accountants know that public accounting has rough hours. This was expected and tolerable. I disliked having to drive over 2+ hours to my client who happened to be in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, I was able to stay in a hotel. Sadly, many of my co-workers had to drive 1-2hours each day and were not able to stay in hotels during the week. If I were to be given clients all near my house, my quality of life would be much better. I strongly disagree with the sentiment that a client 2hours away is still considered in your home market. If I am driving 2hours one way, put me in a hotel. And please don't put me in a hotel too often because I like my house. I have a nice house and nice things because I want to spend time at home, not in a hotel.

Understand exactly what you are getting into. Understand that during busy season you will work hard, but you are paid well. There are lots of opportunity to advance in the Big 4 and you will have many more opportunities than if you went to a smaller firm. Just understand things are not always taught to you exactly. Lots of your job is finding solutions on your own. Seniors don't always have time to coach you (especially not during busy season). Don't get upset if you have to take some dinner orders or pickup coffee. It is all a learning curve.

An Adventure in 8 Weeks

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed all the networking that this internship provided me. I am great friends with all the other interns and the people on my client team. I also learned a lot more in those 8 weeks than I have in any class.

I wish I knew more why I was completing each task that I was completing. I feel like I was just assigned a simple task to complete but I didn't know why I was doing this.

I would tell a potential intern to be open minded about the whole experience and to continually ask questions to learn something new everyday. I would also tell them to continually network with everyone they meet.

Advice to Management

I think that PwC was an excellent place to work. However, I think it would have been nice to know how many hours I was going to work per week, or if I would be needed to stay later. Then, I can plan things around that.

Internship that Requires an Open Mind

Florham Park, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the benefits, and the opportunities.

The environment is very demanding.

Have an open mind, be willing to travel to different locations, and bring a red pencil.

"If there is one thing you could change about your college/university, what would it be?"

Advice to Management

I was a little surprised by compensation in regards to interns making more money than associates at times due to overtime.

Challenging and Rewarding

San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

training and relationships

not enough work

meet as many people as you can and ask lots of questions

It is was you make it: Your personal work and networking efforts will dictate the success of the internship.

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everybody working for the company is willing to take time out and explain anything you need further clarification on.

The commute into the city.

This is not a firm where you can work by yourself and be self centered. The culture encourages cooperation and teamwork to complete engagement projects.

How do you efficiently manage your responsibilities?

Advice to Management

Many people leave the firm after they gain some experience. Any thing to help boost employee retention would be helpful.