Work hard, Play Hard

The many private clients I interacted with. The PwC people that I worked with. The Hourly pay

The feeling of being an intern made me feel incompetent.

Make sure to express your willingness to learn and your passion to succeed by working dilligently.

Paid Summer Camp

Happy Hours

unclear instruction about timesheets

Treat the internship as a networking opportunity. Your ability to connect on a personal level with your co-workers will have a far greater impact on your full time employment prospects than the quality of your work.

Advice to Management

Pay senior assocates more.

Date: 2013

Learning more than you could possibly imagine.

Opportunities.

I don't believe that there were enough intern type events as compared to many other internships.

Go into it with an open mind and realize you don't know near as much as you think you do.

Experience of Learning and Path to Success

mentoring, learning, exposure, events, experience

my commute

Ask questions and seek out help

Date: 2013

PWC invest time and money into its Interns

The experience gained along with the oppertunity to create a good job start to my career

There was a little confusion in regards to the expectations of the interns during the internship

Hands down the best internship offered among the Big 4 firms

Date: 2013

Bring your best and receive the best.

The best aspects of the internship were the professionals that manage your team. They were always aware of my strengths and used me to a great potential, not afraid to throw an intern into responsible and challenging tasks.

Though I did need to work long hours, the hours did get harder and harder as the internship went along, however I do believe its part of the experience.

My organization is a place where you work and you are rewarded. If you aren't serious or hardworking, look somewhere else.

Date: 2013

Pwc a great place to work, connect, and grow.

The Pay and Connectivity events. Spent tons of money investing in us as interns to make sure we had fun and met other employees.

The commute, you dont know where you are going to work until the first few weeks so you cant properly pick your housing.

Make sure you are social and are willing to network as hard as you work

Advice to Management

I wish they allowed us to work overtime. You are limited to 40 hours a week.

Exploring Public Accounting from the Lens of an Intern

I really enjoyed the work I received from my team. They were sure to tell me that they valued my work and were very approachable.

Spending lots of time in an office chair, but it is understandable for the position. However, I moved around and spoke with people more than I expected.

Network with as many individuals as possible and ask many questions, when appropriate.

Advice to Management

Advice for busy season

Date: 2013

Exposure to financial techniqes while building incredible career relationships

The exposure to different industries, the overall learning environment, and the various coaching/mentor relationships that were developed.

I wish my group was more social. I also felt the internship could have been more structured.

They need to know that PwC is a learning environment and that no question you ask will ever be brushed off but instead encouraged and elaborated on. You work with a bunch of smart people who genuinly want you to succeed.

Advice to Management

The internship needs to be slightly more structured as far as training. I understand that you want us to get real engagement experience as needed but I felt a more structured fist week or two of training would have been more beneficial.

Date: 2013

Unknowing Intern Gets Unexpected Placement, Says He Likes It but Needs to Know More

Flexible work schedule. Individual project. Fellow interns were close. Great office. Great city.

No team interaction. No traveling. Hard to network.

Put yourself out there as much as possible. Shadow multiple people both inside and outside your line of service so you can get a full picture because your project/assignment is just one of the hundreds of things potentially going on in the firm and you need that full picture of what PwC does in order to make an educated decision about if this is for you or not.

Advice to Management

Set up more scenarios for interns to connect with people in their office and other interns in their city.