4.6 of 5 stars (2,561 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Spend every dime of your per diem during training and make as many friends as possible in other markets

Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training. I was able to attend a national training in Tampa which allowed me to train with full-timers who had previously participated in internships. This experience was invaluable. When I finally met with other interns in my market, I had a strong sense of how internships worked at PwC. Also, I had made friends in markets all over the country. This has proved to be very beneficial in the start to my career.

Working from 8am-10pm is rough, but honestly it is certainly doable. Also, many accountants know that public accounting has rough hours. This was expected and tolerable. I disliked having to drive over 2+ hours to my client who happened to be in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, I was able to stay in a hotel. Sadly, many of my co-workers had to drive 1-2hours each day and were not able to stay in hotels during the week. If I were to be given clients all near my house, my quality of life would be much better. I strongly disagree with the sentiment that a client 2hours away is still considered in your home market. If I am driving 2hours one way, put me in a hotel. And please don't put me in a hotel too often because I like my house. I have a nice house and nice things because I want to spend time at home, not in a hotel.

Understand exactly what you are getting into. Understand that during busy season you will work hard, but you are paid well. There are lots of opportunity to advance in the Big 4 and you will have many more opportunities than if you went to a smaller firm. Just understand things are not always taught to you exactly. Lots of your job is finding solutions on your own. Seniors don't always have time to coach you (especially not during busy season). Don't get upset if you have to take some dinner orders or pickup coffee. It is all a learning curve.

Lots of networking opportunities but work assignments are lame

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lots of training, lots of networking opportunities. Plus the firm flew all interns who got an offer to Disney World after the internship.

Work assignments were not meaningful, did not use any of our skills. There was no real effort on their part to assign meaningful projects to interns.

Management consultants are paid much more than technology consultants

PwC Internship: The excellent learning experience and career starter

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The relationships that were built and co-workers willingness to help were two aspects that made me really enjoy my internship. Also, I enjoyed how I was treated as a full-time employee with the importance of work that I was assigned.

Even though they were expected, the long hours were sometimes difficult to handle.

I would say be ready to work hard and be an integral part to the engagement team. If you do so, there is a great chance that you will end up with an offer to work for the firm full-time.

Tell me about yourself.

Many of my interviews with PwC were conversation-based as we talked about my resume and what could be expected during an internship.

Advice to Management

Try and limit the amount of hours interns can work because I believe there is the potential to burn them out before starting full-time.

Professional Growth in the Best Work-Life Culture.

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The structure of mentorship and feedback.

Intern events.

Community service opportunities.

Face time with clients.

Pre-assigned project for the summer.

Not a wide enough scope of the nature of the job.

Be open to giving and receiving feedback.

It's a big company so networking is super important.

Have fun.

A day in the life.

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to do the actual work that the staff would be performing.

When you're treated like an intern and sent home earlier than everyone else.

Make the most of the experience. Ask questions, be engaged, stay off social media and don't feel entitled or that you're guaranteed to get the job because you got the internship.

PwC provides relevant, powerful internship experience to college-aged aspiring professionals.

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Client experience was fantastic.

Nothing comes to mind.

Take advantage of every opportunity you can find.

insustry exposure with moderate client challenges

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

people, work/life balance, pay, learning

less strategy involved

be proactive

The Best Career Jump-Start

Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Nice co-workers, meaningful work, networking opportunities, and caring people

Since I worked in busy season, the hours were very demanding.

There are so many possibilities awaiting at PwC. Take advantage of every second!

Gaining Exposure, Developing Skills and Building Connections

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC puts a lot of effort into designing their onboarding and enrichment activities. These definitely helped in getting us interns into the right mindset for the summer as well as introducing us to key elements of PwC culture.

The mentoring program was also a big part of my internship experience. Interns are given a Peer Mentor, a Coach and a Relationship Partner. Each of these individuals played a unique role in helping me to navigate my summer experience. They all seemed genuinely interested in my development and success.

Finally there are so many great resources available to Interns (and all PwC professionals). Though I had difficultly in navigating the various resources, the ones that I did use were very helpful.

The hours on my particular engagement were not as flexible as I would have liked. Given the location of the client site I was often on site for much longer than necessary.

I would have also liked a little more guidance on how to take advantage of the many resources accessible to firm professionals. Ultimately I was able to get such advice from members of my engagement team but it would have been nice to have more formal overviews led by the Internship academy.

PwC has a number of great development and enrichment programs that aim to ensure your success at PwC and beyond.

From my personal experience, I can also say that PwC Interns are given substantial work on their engagements and truly contribute to delivering value to the client. Rather than observing from the sidelines, you are treated as a valuable team member and expected to deliver value and insights along with everyone else.

PwC internships is challenging and allows for hands on experience.

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people, client interaction, hands on

Different hours daily

Reach out to the campus recruiters early and gain that connection because they will be helpful later on. Even if you are a freshman, it is great to get to know the recruiters before the interview process begins.