PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 1,179 Intern Reviews

It is was you make it: Your personal work and networking efforts will dictate the success of the internship.
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everybody working for the company is willing to take time out and explain anything you need further clarification on.

The commute into the city.

This is not a firm where you can work by yourself and be self centered. The culture encourages cooperation and teamwork to complete engagement projects.

How do you efficiently manage your responsibilities?

Advice to Management

Many people leave the firm after they gain some experience. Any thing to help boost employee retention would be helpful.

Great learning expereince
Baltimore, MD | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Had opportunity to grow, learn, network, and develop my global acumen

I do not believe that I was effectively informed of day-to-day responsibilities of Risk Assurance Intern

amazing career opprotunites, great people

Working with the best people in accounting for the best company in accounting
Tampa, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being invited to all of the full time staff events and after work events allowed us to really become close with the associates and managers

Since it was only 8 weeks, we didn't get a chance to see a very wide range of clients

Don't be afraid to ask to be put on a new client or change departments. No one will know what you want to do unless you speak out.

-Tell me about yourself

-Can you write code in SQL

-What do you know about the position?

-Why did you choose your major?

Advice to Management

N/A

Start your career today
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The atmosphere from the employees, and all the events they had to make interns closer

Not given enough work

Ask questions

great place to land
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

working closely with the partners

it was not long enough

be sure to introduce yourself to, and speak with, everyone

Advice to Management

be available and reach out to interns

Experience
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were gaining client experience and working as if we were an associate of the company

There was a lot of down time where I had no work to do

Its a great place to work as long as you work hard and build relationships

An experience that challenged me, but with the support of the people I was able to succeed.
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated as a first year staff and completing valuable work for the team.

The communication system could be frustrating.

Decide if the people will be the best people for you to work with and who will challenge you but ultimately help you succeed.

Never leave a man behind because we are all in this together
Florham Park, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The perks were definitely a big plus as well as the compensation. I also enjoyed the intern events in order to get to know other students from around the firm as well as the launch event that included students from all over the nation. I met so many helpful employees at PwC and they contributed immensely to my decision to accept my offer. They will be my life long connections and I am eternally grateful for that.

The only thing that would need improvement is for the audit interns to be able to meet all of the Florham park interns. It was hard to find someone who was an intern when you were stuck in the office and I felt like I didn't know anyone and ate lunch by myself.

Make your own brand in order to stand out and ask a lot of questions. It is always better to be engaged and excited than to just be a follower. Step out of your comfort zone and you will get a lot more out of the experience.

I really enjoyed my interview. Compared to other firms, PwC made the interview more personal and about being a well-rounded person. For example, sports, community service, work experience, school, vacations, etc. It helps the interviewee to be more comfortable and confident. That is what made PwC stand out for me and what I loved most about the firm. It wasn;t just about your work, education, and skills you could bring to the team, it was about you as a person.

Advice to Management

Both of my engagements were pretty good with compensation and hours. Of course, I was the summer intern so I did not get any overtime, so I could not complain about the hours. As long as you have a good team, it makes the work more enjoyable than just a job.

Launch your career and expand your professional network by working alongside bright, like-minded professionals
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent mentoring/training for career development, engaging work atmosphere, good compensation and many fun, social events

The work atmosphere can be hit and miss depending on how you fit in with your engagement team.

The focus of your work should be to gain an understanding of how it applies to the overall audit process. PwC expects quality work, but the primary focus should be to learn and gain insight about the firm and the assurance practice. PwC really emphasizes being in charge of developing your own professional brand and asking for questions/feedback.

Advice to Management

Compensation as an intern is more than fair based on our level of experience and quality of work. The salary for full-time first years, however, seems to be on the low-end taking into account the hours associates work.

Real people, Real work, Real experience
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, people, location, opportunity, learning opportunity....

The commute into NYC from new jersey. It tacked 3 hrs onto my day and made doing things after work more difficult

Go through the interview process and network with some employees, you will get a general idea of how nice their culture is.

Not to technical, but I was recruited on my sophomore year. So they asked more behavioral, like " tell me about a time when you had to work with a group and the challenges and how you handled that."

Advice to Management

Only thing I can think of is a little more technical training during the 3 day training at the beginning.