4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 1,179 Intern Reviews

Great Place to begin a career
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, work quality, and corporate culture

I think there is room for improvement with HR and manager communication

You will be taught everything you will need to know

Tell me about yourself

Excellent work experience that prepares you for the real world.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team that I worked with, the fun we had traveling, the experience I got during busy season.

There were times that the long hours were very grueling and it did get somewhat tiring to be traveling all the time.

Keep a positive attitude and soak it all in. Sometimes things take a few days to really make sense. Nobody expects you to know everything. Just try your best and ask questions (I tried to save a few questions at a time to ask) and keep your head up. They will be impressed if you keep a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Be willing to learn.

A lot of the questions dealt with my prior experience and resume experience. Other questons included how I would react to long hours and strenous work environment.

Advice to Management

I would say it would have to be work-life balance for travel clients. One night a week we should leave early (or leave early on Friday's).

Launching into my career
Rochester, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Pay, -Hours, -Amount I learned

There was not really anything I didn't like, it was to short though

Start as soon as possible to get one of these internships.

N/A

Advice to Management

N/A

PwC provides relevant, powerful internship experience to college-aged aspiring professionals.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Client experience was fantastic.

Nothing comes to mind.

Take advantage of every opportunity you can find.

Spend every dime of your per diem during training and make as many friends as possible in other markets
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training. I was able to attend a national training in Tampa which allowed me to train with full-timers who had previously participated in internships. This experience was invaluable. When I finally met with other interns in my market, I had a strong sense of how internships worked at PwC. Also, I had made friends in markets all over the country. This has proved to be very beneficial in the start to my career.

Working from 8am-10pm is rough, but honestly it is certainly doable. Also, many accountants know that public accounting has rough hours. This was expected and tolerable. I disliked having to drive over 2+ hours to my client who happened to be in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately, I was able to stay in a hotel. Sadly, many of my co-workers had to drive 1-2hours each day and were not able to stay in hotels during the week. If I were to be given clients all near my house, my quality of life would be much better. I strongly disagree with the sentiment that a client 2hours away is still considered in your home market. If I am driving 2hours one way, put me in a hotel. And please don't put me in a hotel too often because I like my house. I have a nice house and nice things because I want to spend time at home, not in a hotel.

Understand exactly what you are getting into. Understand that during busy season you will work hard, but you are paid well. There are lots of opportunity to advance in the Big 4 and you will have many more opportunities than if you went to a smaller firm. Just understand things are not always taught to you exactly. Lots of your job is finding solutions on your own. Seniors don't always have time to coach you (especially not during busy season). Don't get upset if you have to take some dinner orders or pickup coffee. It is all a learning curve.

Motivating, Exciting and Professional
Stamford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I liked the opportunity to directly engage with the department I was assigned to. I enjoyed the fast pace of the office because it made me more time efficient and productive. Despite working in Stamford, CT I had the opportunity to work in the New York office by attending meetings, intern events and trainings.

I disliked not having as many opportunities to shadow professionals in the different lines of services at PwC

You have to define what you want to get out of the internship and then evaluate how PwC best fits those standards in terms of training, mentorships, shadowing opportunities and future career paths.

What is a weakness of yours?

What was a difficult time you faced and how did you overcome it?

Advice to Management

PwC could adjust the intern salary to match that of EY. Also PwC could make the training include more technical skills. In addition to career development, the interns should also have a clear view of what is the role of each line of service.

A Great Experience.
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Traveling to different places and contributing to real client work right away.

Was put into a semi unfamiliar line of work.

Be open to many possibilities.

Gain great consulting and healthcare experience while enjoying the benefits of traveling and networking.
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

opportunity for varying experiences, the social aspect

the travel aspect left very little "me time"

Be prepared for a roller coaster ride- it is fast paced and ever changing

How should a healthcare entity incorporate another into their business

Advice to Management

Coach a little about what is expected of an intern, how to compose oneself in a meeting, professional skills.

Great pay, real life experiences
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pay, networking, positive company culture.

long hours, lots of travel

Network with as many people as possible.

insustry exposure with moderate client challenges
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

people, work/life balance, pay, learning

less strategy involved