4.6 of 5 stars (6,770 Ratings)

4 Stars (2042)
Intern at PwC's Advance, Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 2,042 Intern Reviews

A Chance to Grow

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting all the people here

The lack of work at times

Be open minded and try to meet lots of people

Joining the Real World: Starting a Career at PwC

Minneapolis, MN | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the people I met at PwC.

I wish the internship would have been able to give me a better look at every sector of Audit so I could make a decision I was confident in about where I want to start my career at PwC. (F&S, PCS, or P&S)

Even as an intern, be ready to be treated like any other staff member and be ready to take accountability for the work you do.

Advice to Management

PwC could try to inquire more about why people decide to leave the firm and try to cut down on employee turnover and what makes people unhappy with work.

Most of my interview questions were leadership based and the interviews were formal. I don't like this interview style because I feel like anyone can plan out an answer to a "what are your best skills" question. I prefer to have an interview be more laid back trying to get to know the personality of a candidate instead. For me personality and whether or not you could work with someone on a day to day basis are far more important than "a time you had to lead a team".

You won't learn more at any other internship.

Columbus, OH | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great people to work with.

Winter hours were very challenging.

Winter internship is challenging but provides best experience.

Corporate Tax Internship for the Largest Tech Companies in the Silicon Valley

San Jose, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

shadow experiences, internship bonding, coaching feedback, social events

The internship started slowly with little client work.

PwC is everything one could want in a large public accounting firm. With that comes long hours and intensive work, but the internship is based on an eight hour workday with doable tasks (somewhat a tease for the full-time offer that is likely to follow).

Advice to Management

I would suggest a longer internship so that employees are more inclined to put interns on projects and interns are able to learn more.

The interview process was not formal and all questions were based on the interviewer hoping to find out more about my schooling, and interest/hobbies. My interviewers encouraged me to ask more questions than they asked me to make sure the firm was the right fit for what I was looking for.

Building relationships and getting exposure

McLean, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working directly with people on engagement teams, very good pay, extensive training

A bit slow because of summer

Work hard, play hard atmosphere. You will work hard and long throughout the week, but the people are very fun to get to know and you develop relationships very quickly.

Great Experience to work with other professionals.

San Jose, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I think the biggest gain in this summer is I learned how to behave and communicate professionally in the workplace.

Sometimes did not pay too much attention to details. But little details always matters so I need to improve it.

I think great part of internship experience is to work on clients' project. And PwC we have lots of changes to work with client.

Doing real work on an internship

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given real work that had an impact

Traveling to clients

PwC is encouraging of questions, so ask as many as you have to learn more and grow

Valuable exposure despite long hours

Dallas, TX | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and business process exposure

Very long hours

Be ready to work the insane hours

Many learning, networking and fun opportunities.

Boston, MA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting other interns from all over the country at a national tax intern training in Scottsdale, AZ. Any opportunity to shadow full-time staff. Learning more about tax through helping prepare tax workpapers and returns. Intern networking events, the intern Olympics and community service.

Occasionally interns have a lot of downtime. Even though the full-time staff are extremely busy, it's hard to share some of the work with interns as it is highly technical and would require a lot of time and explanation.

PwC has a fantastic internship program! They give you opportunities that most internships provide. You'll get to meet other students from all over the country with similar interests. This is an invaluable networking experience, even if you decide not to work at PwC full-time. PwC takes care of their people and want you to succeed. Don't worry about not having enough technical experience as an intern, everyone will help you learn when you start. Just have a positive attitude and be open to new experiences!

Tell me about a time you had a group conflict and how you dealt with it.
Tell me about a time when you were given a challenging project at work/school and how did you deal with it.
How would your best friend describe you.

Greatest Learning Experience About My Field of Study

Stamford, CT | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of my internship was that I learned a lot from my team members. I feel like my team members were very patient with me and were invested in my learning experience.

The parts of the internship that I liked the least is the unpredictable hours at times especially during the week of training. There were some things that were communicated to us last minute.

I would say to make sure that you can remain dedicated to this internship. It takes up a lot of your time during the summer but it is also a very good learning experiment. The more you put into the experience the more you will get out of it.

Advice to Management

I think something that management can do to become a better place to work would be to try to plan with team members how much hours they will be working that day and work with them to make a plan to spread out their work. It would help if people had a greater idea of how much they could possibly be working and a backup plan in case things don't go as expected. I also think that having a diversity training required including both in person and online would be very beneficial to improving the culture of the company.

Tell us about a time that you had to work in a team and what role did you play in the team.
Tell us about a time that you faced a challenge while working in a team and what did you do to overcome it.