PwC Advance-An Opportunity to Experience Quality in a Real Corporate Environment
Cleveland, OH | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The exposure to professionals in the working world, both from PwC and from the clients alike, was exceptional. They make an effort to ensure that we are being coached along the way and any career questions we need answered are answered. Also, they treat us like an actual employee, which ensured that we began to learn the technical accounting skills necessary to a full-time accounting position. I also had the opportunity to take part in Project Belize, PwC's major corporate responsibility event.

There was nothing that i disliked about the internship.

PwC does not shy away from the fact that their employees work long hours and dedicate great effort to their jobs. However, they treat the emplpyees with the quality that they produce in their work, and they ensure the working environment is one so enjoyable that it alleviates some of the stress inevitable to this field of work.

Advice to Management

Compensation could be higher for the amount of time worked.

M&A Adivsory: Great People, Exciting Work
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The diversity of projects that one can be assigned to, the ability to travel, the terrific team dynamic, and the work life balance

Massive events with MBA and undergraduate interns

Don't look at the firm as a whole but the group within the firm that interests you. Each group and its members are unique and fit is crucial, so make sure you speak to the people who will be around you before making a final decision.

Expansive Learning of Maximizing an Enterprise's Efficiencies
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The quality of my team -- they are intelligent, considerate and open to my beginner questions

I was not prepared for the work-life balance, as I anticipated a 40 hour workweek. Therefore, it was troubling to travel every week working long hours and being away from my family.

Ensure that you are interested in working long hours and having little energy to engage in activities outside of work. If you can bring the energy to work, though, you will be rewarded with cohesion with very intelligent people and you will learn more than you have in any other internship.

Advice to Management

While it is difficult to onboard an intern during an ongoing project, please take the time --even if it's an hour outside of work hours -- to thoroughly explain the project to the intern and set their expectations for work hours as well as how they should be reporting their hours, etc.

Lots of work and lots of fun.
Orlando, FL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated like a real employee and given many real audit tasks to complete. Because of this, I learned a lot about the audit process and how we provide our services for our clients.

A lot of what you need to know you learn through the experience on the job. It is hard to teach what you will be doing in class because clients vary greatly. Some tasks can be a bit tedious, but keep the big picture in mind: You're providing a valuable service to your client and those who invest in the client.

Have a positive attitude and always be willing to help out the full-time staff.

Exposure to financial techniqes while building incredible career relationships
Atlanta, GA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The exposure to different industries, the overall learning environment, and the various coaching/mentor relationships that were developed.

I wish my group was more social. I also felt the internship could have been more structured.

They need to know that PwC is a learning environment and that no question you ask will ever be brushed off but instead encouraged and elaborated on. You work with a bunch of smart people who genuinly want you to succeed.

Advice to Management

The internship needs to be slightly more structured as far as training. I understand that you want us to get real engagement experience as needed but I felt a more structured fist week or two of training would have been more beneficial.

Unknowing Intern Gets Unexpected Placement, Says He Likes It but Needs to Know More
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexible work schedule. Individual project. Fellow interns were close. Great office. Great city.

No team interaction. No traveling. Hard to network.

Put yourself out there as much as possible. Shadow multiple people both inside and outside your line of service so you can get a full picture because your project/assignment is just one of the hundreds of things potentially going on in the firm and you need that full picture of what PwC does in order to make an educated decision about if this is for you or not.

Advice to Management

Set up more scenarios for interns to connect with people in their office and other interns in their city.

An advanced start to a professional career.
McLean, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were all of the networking events that allowed the interns to interact with each other and their superiors.

I didn't like the down time that comes with a summer internship. There isn't always a lot of work to do and there are times when you won't have audit work to do.

Working in a big four environment is no joke. There is a competitve aspect to the culture and everyone expects a lot from each other. You will be expected to be professional and contribute effectively to your team. When considering employment with this company, make sure you can handle the pressure.

Connections and exposure lead to full time offer
San Jose, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people! Being able to shadow people for real life exposure to different LOS.

A lot of busy work and we don't get paid overtime.

Don't be shy or you won't be memorable and won't build as many connections with people. Introduce yourself with as many people as you can and do your work efficiently and shoot for your best so your supervisor notices your hard work.

Advice to Management

More internal events for the office even if small to get to know more people and you can have a break from your work. Maybe once a month treat for everyone or everyother week.

A friendly environment with opportunities for growth and learning
McLean, VA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Comprehensive training, likeable people, the pay, intern events, meaningful work

Work could get kind of repetative and boring at times. Sometimes it can be difficult to see the big picture.

Meet as many people as you can at the firm, and find out as much as you can about the firm's culture before making your decision.

Accounting internship with no math
Dallas, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay and you can work as many hours and overtime as you like

There is no structure regarding assignments for the interns and each intern has a different experience than others; I did not work at all with other interns

Know that if you want to do math, this specific internship with line of service will have no math (Risk Assurance / Internal Audit)

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)