4.6 of 5 stars (6,770 Ratings)

4 Stars (2042)
Intern at PwC's Advance, Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Busy work

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay and networking opportunities

The work was not meaningful

Go to bed early

Advice to Management

Reduce work hours and provide healthier snacks

LitwC

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The dear dear friends

Hours are long

Kids who can hang

Hands on learning

Philadelphia, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team atmosphere that promoted my growth.

Unfavorable work life balance.

The firm cares about your development be prepared to learn while also working hard.

Advice to Management

I would argue a greater emphasis on diversity.

Behavioral based questions such as: explain a time in which you dealt with a conflict.

Advance Internship, Begin Your Future

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking Opportunities, having relationship coaches and partners available to talk with

The real time critiques did not work for me. I had trouble requesting snapshots because my hours never loaded in to the system. By the time I got one, the internship was almost over so I had no time to apply those comments.

PwC is a large firm but still tries to make you feel like you are not just a number. Career coaches and relationship partners were a contributing factor to this. They were always available to ask questions and chat.

Advice to Management

I've heard a lot about people quitting within the first few years. The firm should focus on work/life balance because there isn't much of one here. Either that, or raise salaries because there has to be some incentive to retain employees.

Tell me about yourself. Have you ever worked on a team? Have you ever worked on team where someone didn't contribute to the level expected? Tell me about a time when you had someone critique your work. How do you respond to the critique? How did you decide to go into Accounting? What other firms are you interviewing at? Do you have any questions for me?

Great internship to meet a large network of individuals.

Des Moines, IA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet people from various offices.

The quality of work.

Continue to be active about seeking out stuff to do.

Advice to Management

Have interns do more real work versus admin work to see what type of work they would be doing if they started full-time.

Great experience

McLean, VA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real time feedback

Too short

Great company

Great People, Terrible Work and Travel: A Unsustainable Lifestyle with a Few Bright Spots

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team I was on was great. I never had trouble with anyone. Everyone wanted to help and was excited to work with me. I was surprised by how much trust they put in me and did my best to not let them down. I also enjoyed the perks (free food Monday - Thursday, free admission to local museums, fun happy hours) of the job and thought the opportunity to travel was valuable.

The travel was terrible. Even though I was just flying from Chicago to Detroit every week, the irregular routine that consulting imposed on my life wasn't something I could take. I never had time to work out, was forced to eat bad food in a rush, and didn't enjoy working in healthcare. Health care was a boring industry, and I have no passion for it. There is no innovation in health care revenue cycle, and this aspect of the work drove me crazy.

If you are an engineering student on the fence about engineering or consulting, definitely try this internship. It will give you a true taste of the consulting lifestyle and help you figure out just how much you like engineering. For me, I missed solving actual complex problems rather than the silly ones that plague health care revenue. Also, be cautious if you are someone who enjoys having a routine and appreciates a work/life balance. In consulting, there is no true "end of the work day"; sure you leave the client office, but there is still the expectation that you be available to work from the hotel.

Advice to Management

I would cap the amount of work employees can do in a day. While the company may expect people to just stop when they need a break, there are some managers and directors who won't stop working and put pressure on associates to work just as much as them, i.e. 10+ hrs per day. That is ridiculous!

Tell about a time when you solved a problem by analyzing data.

Software Implementation Inter

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The intern events, being able to interact with clients, and meeting other smart and social people.

PwC places you in an industry and position that you are supposed to have your career in without any input from you.

Start to look into areas of the firm you would be interested in pursuing a career in on day one.

Advice to Management

Let the interns have some input to where they go. Most of the other interns I talked to said it was a good internship, but it was not their first choice for full time employment, so I think some things need to be fixed.

Great

New York, NY | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people

Can't think of anything

You have to be willing to put in 100 percent

Advice to Management

Amazing

Strengths and weaknesses

#Adulting

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with other professionals and learning about the industry

Sometimes difficult to maintain a work life balance

The firm emphasizes self-learning and learning by doing but there is constant support along the way