4.6 of 5 stars (8,386 Ratings)

Intern at PwC Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Local non-traditional student wishes his internship was longer

Baltimore, MD | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the people, the events, and the availability of learning opportunities. You were able to learn at your own pace. If you wanted to get a wide breadth of experience, all you had to do was ask, and associates were glad to go over everything with you. They also made sure you understood what you were doing. It also felt like there were *too* many events. It's probably just me, but it felt weird charging time to happy hours and intern events.

While overall the internship was an excellent experience, I don't like that I felt like I was bothering associates for work. I know getting evidence together is not the easiest thing to do, but having some of it ready to go would have been beneficial. The first week of actual work mainly consisted of finding training videos and activities.

Do not come into Risk Assurance thinking it is all about accounting. At least for SAP work, an IT-related degree would probably serve you much better. I wish I had known I was going to be focused a lot of SAP, because I would have at least looked for some information online before starting.

Advice to Management

I don't really notice too many issues with the topics above, but I would say to ensure that associates aren't taking vacations during the first week of intern training. Not having someone there to ask questions makes the new environment and work even more jarring than it normally would be.

Best Experience for Your Career

Atlanta, GA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the ability to work with many people on different clients' projects.

I wish I can do a shadowing rotation in different tax groups to gain better knowledge on different groups.

I wish I had know more technical skills on excel.

Taking controls of your own career.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

getting paid on time

Bad scheduling; too much down time

Make sure to take good use of your time

Advice to Management

Make sure interns are scheduled to do work

Tell me a bad teamwork experience you had

A lot of learnng while jumping through hoops

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Worked directly with client and connected with a lot of senior members on the team.

Worked with an industry expert and had to change directions almost daily.

Ask a lot of questions and be very clear on expectations and what is wanted from you.

Advice to Management

Be clear on what is expected and have a better direction.

Give me an example of being a part of the PwC professional.

Motivating

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Building my network and gaining real life experience working with clients.

Sometimes there is not enough work due to it being slow season.

In order to make the most out of the internship I advise meeting as many people as possible. It is also extremely important to take initiative when it comes to finding work, and then also asking for feedback on how you can improve. Do not hesitate when it comes to asking around for work.

Advice to Management

I think there could be more opportunities to bond with the associates and managers. Whether it be group lunches or coffees.

The main question in the interview was walking through my resume and explaining what role I had in each of the activities and internships I was a part of. Additionally, it was important to know why you want to be a part of that company and what you hope to gain when working there.

The Private Sector CIA

Arlington, VA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The team members were certainly the best part of the internship. Everyone was eager to provide candid advice and answer questions. The culture of the team was very engaging and inclusive.

Based on my experience, I feel that tasking would be an area of improvement. For the first half of the internship, tasking was very ad hoc. I always had to ask multiple people what I could and should be doing. Some days there was nothing to do. For the second half, there was a week where too much had been assigned with deadlines in close proximity.

I wish I had a more concrete idea of what was expected of me.

Advice to Management

It seems that the organization prioritizes clients' satisfaction much more than that of employees. For example, I was in a situation where a client moved up their deadline a couple of weeks ahead, and my team and I had to scramble to meet it.

What is an issue that you've been following in the news? How comfortable do you feel giving candid advice to those in higher positions than yourself?

Your experience is what you wish to make of it.

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, events, and independence.

Very long hours (but overtime). Mindless tasks at times

Just be expected to work hard. Even harder if you are full time

Advice to Management

Regulated hours

A Great Learning Experience

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning what the consulting lifestyle and industry is like

Traveling and delays

The organizational structure

Preview of the auditing career.

Detroit, MI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Pays well. Co-workers are very knowledgeable and friendly.

There were times where there was not much work that needed to be done by the interns so we had a lot of down time.

Be ready to interact with people on your engagement teams daily, and make sure to always speak up and give your seniors updates on your progress and concerns/

PwC Technology Consulting Internship

San Francisco, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, certain elements of office culture, compensation, straightforward interview process

Internship quality is very dependent on project you are staffed on, which is handled by HR and not under your control. Also, although there seems to be a lot of resources and support in terms of formal structure, it is easy to feel lost in the massive sea of information available, and assigned career coaches, etc. do not always make it a priority to find time to talk to you.

Don't be afraid to immediately take the initiative to make sure that you are properly onboarded for your project, ensure that your assigned mentor/coaches know who you are and connect with you, etc. Things often won't happen if you don't make them happen!