Date: 2013

Very chalenging internship with a lot of new things that I have learned. Overall I enjoed it but didn't expect such a difficult project

Team that I have worked with has beeen very good. All the skills and knowledge what I have learned. Compansation was really good

The project, I really didn't like the project. Working over the weekends and events that I have missed due to the work load

It all depends. You can end up in a very fast pace and difficult project as mine or you can be unstafeed for the half of the summer and just support diferent teams

Advice to Management

I would suggest better selection of projects. If you want for an intern to have a full experience you cannot staff him on the projecct that is so intense.

A great 8 week experience that will show you what you will be doing

They give you real life work They are good teachers Always want to help and create a positive enviorment for you

The internship showed me what I want to do

They are alwayws winning to help and make you a better employee. They care about your development

Audit

Free lunches and dinners, good experience with a client, and firmwide sponsored events.

The long hours and late nights were not my favorite. I also had some bad experiences with power-hungry associates.

If you are willing to give up your life for five years, you will learn a lot and be able to get an awesome job coming out.

Advice to Management

The organization has ridiculously long hours and low pay for those hours.

Date: 2013

great learning but unfair process

I studied a lot and learned about the culture of company. I had the chance to have hands on experiences about the line of service that I am doing. I was taught how to work better.

Supervisor has unexpected expectations which were not specificly communicated to me. Team member did not response positively for my questions. It is hard to live up to their expecations because they would not give you a chance to improve.

Have the luck to meet supervisor who is not too strict and work with people who are helpful and positive.

Advice to Management

Train employees about taking initiative to communicate their expectations to interns. Help interns grow in a positive way and give interns chances to improve.

Memorable

The I was assigned to made me feel like part of them from the beginning and I was never treated like an intern.

The pay compared to other companies

This is as close as it gets to real, hands-on experience

Advice to Management

Do not have masters students grouped with and/or treated as undergrads; the expectations, experience and maturity levels are different for these two demographics.

Date: 2013

Learn what it is like to work as a first-year associate at a Big 4 public accounting firm.

The best aspects were the team environment, the assigned variety of clients, and the feeling of doing actual work that was needed and important to the firm and its clients.

Did not get any say or option as to what clients you were assigned to and did not really get to work with and continue to get to know other interns after the training was over.

PwC has a great internship program. You get exposed to real-life working situations that you would encounter as a full-time employee with the firm. You also are provided with a great support system made up of three coaches at differing employment levels wtihin PwC. This makes it easier to get adjusted and understand and get value out of your experience.

Advice to Management

The internship would be better if there was more opportunities to collaborate with other interns. The week of training was great at creating the initial relationships with people that were your level, but it was hard to maintain or further develop these relationships after training ended since there was only typically one intern per engagement team.

Busy Season: The Truth

Learning what auditing is truly like.

The downtime.

Audit is not for everyone, it is long, grueling work that is often thankless.

Advice to Management

Try and manage your staff more efficiently so that schedules are not vastly different.

Date: 2013

Learning how to think, write, and work like a PwC auditor.

Getting to shadow a partner for a day, Being able to work in a real-life audit situation

Interns are naturally at the bottom of the totem poll, so it is very common to spend entire days peforming tie-outs or other tedious tasks not requiring much brain power.

The experience gained will be very valuable, but new hires are expected to work long hours without being highly compensated for those hours. Doesn't appear to be a very family friendly career path.

Advice to Management

Compensating employees for overtime would improve the moral among associates. Also, many audit teams act unprofessionally by using excessive profanity and complaing about managers.

Date: 2013

Meet great people and learn from people who will take the time out to help you learn

Understanding workplace dynamics and team dinners

Having work to do on the weekend or after work hours to meet deadlines, especially when it's given to you at the end of the work day. It's manageable, but annoying.

The people are enough to make you stay on and still be willing to put in the hours.

Advice to Management

Have events that are more accomodating to people who have to commute places or at least make up for it so I don't feel like I'm missing out. I'm one of those people who like to do everything and it frustrates me when I miss out on things.

Date: 2013

A really fun and insightful experience

I really enjoyed the people that I met.

I didn't really dislike anything

I would say they are a great company to work for

Advice to Management

I think a little more specific training could be useful