4.6 of 5 stars (5,160 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Advance, Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Great opportunity with real-world learning experience

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects included meeting other employees and learning about the beginning of your career at the firm.

The limited flexibility was a big setback of working at the firm. Work-life balance doesn't really exist during busy season for any Big Four public accounting firm.

The most important factor is finding an organization in which you mesh with the people and culture. Since you spend the majority of your time working, its important to be with people you are comfortable around.

Advice to Management

To become a better place, the firm could set designated days in which employees are allowed to leave work at an appropriate time so that they can spend time with their families.

What was a major challenge you had to face?

A Great Experience that will Change your Perspective towards your Career

People, pay, experience

hours, not really anything else

Do your best and make a good impression, it'll go a long way.

Excellent opportunities

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Lot of hours, hard work, but it pays off in the end. Fun people to be around

not too much mentoring.

As far as your future potential, you cannot beat Pwc. They are a top notch organization.

Advice to Management

You can train your higher level employees to better train those under them on the job. There is not too much explanation as there is so this. I would have gotten better satisfaction if I knew why I was doing what I was doing and how it benefited the firm and client.

Got a real taste of how the company works from the inside

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to work on a real project, be challenged, and be treated as a consultant as opposed to an intern.

Lack of opportunities to work on different projects in my areas/industries of interest

PwC Advisory is a great place if you find an industry group (vertical) that you enjoy and whose people you enjoy working with. It's a tough place for someone seeking a generalist experience, to try working on projects in different industries.

Advice to Management

There needs to be better communication between HR (whose goals include providing interns with the opportunity to network with different groups during the internship and develop a better understanding of the company's opportunities) and project partners/directors that actually drive what an intern's day-to-day schedule and expectations are. My partner left little to no room for exploration of other industry groups/areas that I was actually interested in, and neither he nor HR ever asked what areas I wanted to explore within the company.

Realistic experience in the life of a consultant

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Client work, intern events

Office politics

Great company, it will be interesting to see how the PwC merger continues and how this effects office culture and business practices

Advice to Management

Longer internship

Opportunity to learn

Chicago, IL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Professional development

Work/life balance

Ask questions

Advice to Management

Pay employees more or reduce hours

Why PwC?

My learning curve was so steep!

San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned a lot.

Working over weekends.

Be a good communicator.

Developing the right people in and equipping them in the right places

Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work that was given to me, as an intern, really prepared me for what I would be going through as a staff. I also enjoyed networking with interns in other departments.

It was hard to manage the intern events while working during a busy season.

If you're looking for people that are fun to work with, but are very goal driven, then this is the place for you. Work is a priority, but the team members make time to have some sort of relief throughout the day. On top of that, the room to grow is amazing. Working at PwC can open up a lot of doors within and outside the firm.

Advice to Management

PwC is on the lower end of the Big 4 when it comes to compensation, but they make up for it with bonus plans. Hours aren't that great during busy season, but that is to be expected at any Big 4. During a non-busy season, the hours are flexible, depending on the team.

Describe an accounting project that you've worked on.

No challenging work or constructive feedback.

Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with where really great.

I did not develop any new skills through out the internship. I was not challenged at all.

Make sure you are aware how challenging your specific practice area is and know if that's an appropriate level for you.

Advice to Management

Give the Start interns more opportunities to do meaningful work.

Tell me about a time when you've had to handle a conflict on a team.

Helping others solve complex problems and building connection with clients.

Stamford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to learn new skills in an environment that allows you to do so. Being able to experience a real life situation and going to board meetings at the client's site. In addition, I enjoyed PwC's internship events provided throughout the internship which allowed us to network and connect with others.

I didn't like that for some things we were limited in the internship since they were too confidential.

Its okay to make mistakes during the internship since we are there to learn.
Don't be afraid to ask questions to anyone even the partners.
Be enthusiastic and willing to learn and try new things.

Advice to Management

N/A

N/A