4.6 of 5 stars (8,386 Ratings)

Intern at PwC Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Displaying 41-50 of 8,386 Intern Reviews

My First 50 days as a Consultant at the great PwC firm

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

- My interactions with people, in my team and in the office.
- The organization-wide work culture where one is not treated as a mere intern but as a prospective consultant learning the tropes of Consulting industry.
- All the fun intern events, team lunches and team dinners
- The excitement of working directly with the client and understanding acutely the business problem that we get to solve.

I felt the total duration of the internship could have been more than 8 weeks. It would have been a great pleasure to work for this prestigious firm for some more time as an Intern.

I wish I knew more about the individual experiences of the interns who did their internship before me.

Who Said Tax Work Had to Be Boring?

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I work with and how comfortable they make you feel, the flexibility at work (Dress for your Day, flexible work schedules for full-time employees), the pay was great, the training programs (out of state), I actually enjoyed going to work!

The training programs were a lot of fun, but some of the more day-to-day "obvious" things got missed (such as how to correctly report client time when recording how many hours you worked)

I did a lot of research beforehand and went to as many events as I could with the firm, so there wasn't anything that really surprised me besides exactly how flexible they are. I knew they promoted their "flexible work life," but I didn't expect it to hold true as much as it really does!

Advice to Management

There were delays from clients that were out of our hands, but the delay caused there to not be enough work for the interns for longer than normal. Maybe have some more optional training activities, for instance, or other "filler" work that is available if there is nothing to help on after asking around!

What experience/classes have I had in tax? What is a weakness of mine, and a strength of mine, in the workplace? Give an example when [a scenario happened] and how you addressed it. (The interviews were very conversation-based, so there weren't a lot of "formal" questions).

Make Insane Money Over The Summer At A Fun Office

Chicago, IL | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people are fantastic and everyone will bend over backward to try and help you.

Sometimes there isn't enough work because the summer isn't the busiest season.

Do it. If you are an accounting major and want to go into public accounting make sure you pick PwC

actuarial consulting internship for mergers and acquisitions

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

ability to work on many different types of projects and get a good understanding of the entire team's business; out of town trainings; Disney World trip at end of internship

not too much exposure to client work

know all the different teams your team works with and understand the deals process

Advice to Management

unbalanced workload among team members seems to be an issue and employee retention is a slight concern

all behavioral questions

Great people, great culture, and great fun.

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learned something new everyday.

The commute was too long.

Always ask if anyone needs help because it they really appreciate it. Also meet as many people as possible and build your network.

Best internship for accounting students

-Learn technical skills
-Meet new people
-Develop networking skills

I only have one client to work with, I would like to have multiple clients so I get to know the industry more.

-Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Working with some of the most caring, intelligent, hard working, and driven individuals in the world.

Milwaukee, WI | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to build long-term relationships with the team you worked with

The length. Our internship felt extremely short

Learn more about the different business units within the line of service.

A once in a lifetime experience that reshaped my perspective and future

New York, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

My best aspects of the internship was being exposed to all levels of the firm and having an opportunity to understand the responsibility of each person's contribution, and how it relates to the vision and mission of the firm. I also enjoyed being able to incorporate a video shoot of family feud in the overall experience, as well as engaging in a voluntary engagement and assisting a teacher with her kindergarten students at Grace Church.

What I like least about my internship experience was having to wait until 9pm for my room in Atlanta, and the massive flight delays back on the Delta flight from Atlanta to NY on June 12 & 15 respectively. Otherwise, I would relive this whole experience mentally over and over.

PWC is reshaping the future of the big four and creating a memorable experience for all of it's employees, if you have the opportunity to start as an intern, please make every effort to make it happen, because it is way more helpful than starting as an associate after you are through with college. I wish I had known that this opportunity was available earlier, I would have made an extra effort to have more meaningful conversations with every PwC employee that I know prior to my internship.

Advice to Management

The only advice I would give to management would be to include an area where employees can have access to first aid items. This occurred to me as an experienced associated needed a bandaid and had none. After inquiring she was told no one knew where she could access any, and that one day I did not have my small first aid which I usually have with me.

If PwC had a nurses station or first aid access area, maybe PwC could maximize their utilization of employees in the sense that some employees could have access to first aid medication that could have prevented further absenteeism.

Examples of interview questions includes:

Tell me about yourself.

Tell me about a time where you had a difficult situation where you had to.... how did you handle the situation, and what was the outcome?

What are your goals?

What line of service would you be interested in, and why?

Tell me about an experience that is not included on your resume?

Amazing people to work with real hands-on accounting experience.

Toledo, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work with professionals in the accounting world.

Sometimes there was not enough work for me to do and I felt like I wasn't able to help with anything.

Know that it is a fast-paces job that requires focus.

Great Learning Experience

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunities of getting some hand-on learning experience

It is not too much work since the team is not very busy in summer, and the internship only lasts 8 weeks.

I'd like to know what team/group I would work with before I started the internship so that I could do some preparation in advance.

What would you do if you find a coworker are breaking the confidentiality of information?