PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Overall Intern Rating (4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 41-50 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

PwC's Demanding Internships Attract the Most Diligent Students
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved that I was able to experience what an associate with PwC actually does from day to day.

Some of the work I did was simple and almost mindless because I obviously was not yet qualified for the more difficult tasks.

Work everyday as if you want to be partner.

Great internship - would recommend to my peers
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to connect with current employees at all levels and learn about their experiences

I enjoyed everything about the internship - it was a great experience

Look beyond the compensation package - your pay situation will change drastically over the next several years of your career. Pay attention to how the company treats its more seasoned employees - this is where you will be soon. Do they offer good benefits and career growth? If so - that is the company you should choose.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on flexibility measures - the firm has become a leader for ensuring that employees are able to meet their personal and professional goals. Continuing this effort will help our generation find their place long-term.

The PwC internship is a one of a kind program of learning, collaboration, and client service.
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning what client service was all about!

It almost seemed too short!

Take each day of your internship with a fresh set of eyes, you never know what you will learn!

The Most Fun and Fulfilling Internship Experience
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The great people I had the opportunity to meet and work with.

Didn't get much experience with interacting with clients.

Interact and get to know everyone you come across with. For anyone could come to be detrimental in your career and everyone is worthy to get to know.

How would you describe yourself?

What do you feel you can contribute to this organization?

Advice to Management

Make it possible for interns to have the opportunity to work with all the different types of services provided by a specific tax department.

Exponential Learning at PwC
Other (US) | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working directly with managers, learning about all different types of audit clients, overtime pay, meeting new people

Sometimes at client cites the auditors do not get the most comfortable or convenient work spaces.

Be open to new experiences and you will surprise yourself with what you are able to accomplish.

The interview with PwC was very relaxed and more focused on getting to know me as a person than questioning me. They wanted to know if I was the type of person that would fit well in the office and get along well with others. They knew I could learn by my grades, and teachability is one of the most important aspects in this role.

Advice to Management

I think PwC is making large strides at employee retention by helping guide and coach new associates through difficult times such as busy seasons or complicated clients.

Great work experience to prepare for an amazing career
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real work experience, great mentors and coaches, very welcoming teams

The on-the-job training could be improved slightly, as some tasks are difficult to accomplish without having prior experience.

The firm has a strong reputation and brand that is stressed of its employees, adding meaning and value to the work that you are doing.

Growing professionally and personally through immense coaching and development opportunities and real-time client experience.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Coaching and development

The experience was incredible and very representative of what my responsibilities will be upon starting full time.

Take full advantage of every opportunity in order to maximize your experience. Associates are always willing to help you grow, so capitalize on this to make the most of your time.

Build Your Career
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment of the firm and the chemistry of the engagement teams that i worked on

I did not get as much overtime as I had hoped

Not a better firm with which to start your career in terms of future opportunities and work environment

Learned a lot
Rochester, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people and interacting with professionals. Learned from the co-workers a lot.

Internship was slightly short seeming after training and everything.

Ask questions and be open to people and learn from them while proving your abilities to them.

Hard to decline the full-time offer
Oklahoma City, OK | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Flexible work hours (for some engagements)

- Work environment: I always worked with other associates and seniors, and was able to ask questions any time and receive immediately response.

- Amount of exposure to various industries: I was on three different engagements in three different industries.

- Realistic: I interned during the busiest three months of the year, and was able to experience the busy season to decide if the work hours/load is acceptable

Loved everything about my internship! I did have to work about 80 hours one week, but that is nature of the profession.

During the interview process, be yourself.

During the internship, always ask questions, if you have any, and read/listen to instructions and follow them.