Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Log in to Submit a Review

PwC cares about your professional development.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Travel, continuous feedback, work-life balance, and great people.

During the first week I was unsure of what my day-to-day tasks would be. I then learned of these tasks the following week.

PwC cares about your development as a professional. If you are unhappy in your Line of Service, they will place in you a line of service that you feel would better suit your professional needs. The corporate culture is wonderful and the people are great.

A summer full of unforgettable memories.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, corporate culture, benefits.

The long hours.

Get to know as many people as you can.

Advice to Management

N/A

My internship provided unparalleled access and exposure to some of the industry's finest executives and most prestigious companies.

-access to executives
-hands-on approach to learning
-experience working in a fast-pace environment

start-up logistics

I believe that the coaching and development aspect of our organization is world-class.

I would say that my internship experience was amazing. It opened my eyes to the real world. Academia can only prepare individuals so much.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with a team that really cared about me. We had an objective, but during my time on the client the team committed itself to helping me develop. They gave me pointers, and critiqued my mistakes. I also had a great deal of hands-on experience interacting with clients.

Some of the clients were not prepared for the engagement, so there were times when I was looking for work. My looking for work seemed like it may have been a distraction for the members of the team that had work. But I eventually found work, and the team completed the job on time.

Ask questions, be open-minded and accept help. You will learn so much during the internship, don't go into it thinking you know everything.

Advice to Management

I think an additional day of training would be beneficial.

PwC: Experience the Profession
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the opportunity to meet and work with people at all levels within the firm. I was able to gain exposure to everyone from first year associates through partners. I was also great to have experience doing actual work rather than simple tasks like copying or getting coffee. I was able to learn right away what kind of work I would be doing on a day to day basis if I accepted a full time position.

The only downfall to my internship was that there were so many interns it was sometimes difficult to distinguish yourself, but that made me work that much harder to showcase my talents and skills.

Sometimes it can be hard to distinguish between the Big 4 Accounting firms. I would say that if you are having trouble deciding which accounting firm to choose to intern with, think about all of the people you met throughout the recruiting process and choose the firm with the people you felt like you clicked the most with. Each firm has a very distinct corporate culture, and it's important to choose the one that's right for you.

Great learning opportunity that offers the opportunity to
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting the bright, high quality individuals who I had the opportunity to work with in a team setting.

I thoroughly enjoyed my intership. It gave me a taste of what it would be like to work in public accounting.

Candidates should evalute their cultural fit within the organization.

Greatest Decision!
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know co-workers and clients. Providing a useful service.

It wasn't longer.

Choose a company that fits your personality and who you are.

Full of Adventure and Excitement
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting many new people who were very gifted.

The short duration.

Make sure to place emphasis on the people that you are going to be working with. It is very important to get along with one-another and the people can make all the difference.

Advice to Management

Work to keep gifted individuals within the firm.

A look into the future: Getting a good knowledge of what I would be doing in the future and the people I would be working with.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was that I felt like I was contributing to my teams. I was getting an idea of what the job entailed and the expectations I would have as well as I was able to get to know the people I was working with. In addition PwC did a great job showing us their culture through a community service day, allowing us to shadow a Partner of the firm for a day as well as many other opportunities that showed us what PwC was about.

Although I know be cause of the timing of a "summer" internship client need is not as heavy, but I wish we could have had a few more weeks of client work.

The training provided at a firm such as PwC is incredible and something that you will not find at many places. They are very invested in your future and your growth. The people are not only looking out for the greater good of the company, but are honestly looking out for your best interest. One of my favorite thing is the high quality of your peers which pushes you to continue to grow.

Growing one's own career past an academic environment by developing professional communication skills and applying them
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Buddy network, culture, and pay

HR sometimes seemed annoyed with the interns

Make sure to ask any questions and get a feel for what is expected of you prior to beginning the internship.