PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Overall Intern Rating (4,026 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 41-50 of 4,026 Intern Reviews

The least "intern" like internship (aka no coffee runs and copies)
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt that I truly understand what the work level of a first year associate looked like rather than just doing coffee runs and making copies. I learned ALOT of valuable information during my 8 weeks with PwC.

Extremely long hours during the second quarter close.

Be positive, open to constructive criticism, and accept every task with a smile.

Describe your greatest strength/weakness, tell me about yourself, challenging group situation.

Advice to Management

"flex hours" were not as flexible as they let on so a way to really make employees feel that they can benefit from flex fridays etc.

Challenging, Motivating, Exciting, and Humbling
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning from all the different tasks and enhancing my skills, while networking.

Nothing really, maybe parking.

Don't be scared to ask questions and make mistakes.

A true family experience!
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to shadow professionals.

The company did not plan payment correctly

Find professionals you can relate to

Advice to Management

They need to be less sticky about not working overtime.

When Hard Work Meets Fun
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet all of the other interns from schools all across the country. Having a close relationship with my client team.

I wish it was longer.

Be flexible and willing to learn.

The unforgettable learning experience after college
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People you are working with

Not really anything

Feel free to reach out to anyone in the organization, everyone is willing to help.

Great people, great learning opportunities, unforgettable experience
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experience in the field of taxation and the people I worked with

There was anything that comes to mind

The accounting industry requires some long hours, but the people are what make PwC a great firm to work for. The culture is laid back and fun. During tax season, we even had a mini-golf tournament held each Friday.

Best internship so far!
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, training, people, benefits

I liked every aspect of the internship.

It will really help you to boost your career. It is definitely worth going through the whole recruiting process at PwC.

Rewarding hands-on experience
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

As an intern, I was provided with challenging and meaningful work that contributed to the completion of an audit. I felt that I was a valued member of the engagement team and that my team members were interested in my development as a young professional.

The short duration of the summer internship. Public accounting has a steep learning curve, therefore once you began to feel comfortable with the processes, procedures and system, the internship is over.

The PwC environment is truly dedicated to the learning and development of employees and interns. Public accounting can be a challenging and demanding industry, but PwC is committed to helpling it's employees build a strong foundation and grow as professionals.

An introduction to the business world with training wheels where I was able to learn, grow and challenge myself with the support of my team
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated like a full time staff member and the people truly cared about me. I received a lot of positive coaching, so it was easy to learn and apply the coaching because th environment was so positive.

The subject matter isn't much of what I learned in books, so it was an adjustment at first. Since the internship was only about 8 weeks, I often felt like I wasn't adding much value to the team even though they told me I was.

Communication is the most important thing. Everyone that is interviewed and brought on for an internship is smart. Show you are flexible and proactive through your interactions. Body language is important - we know when you aren't happy or are resistant to change.

Cannot remember exactly - 3 different interviewers had different themes. One was the more standard describing situtations where I acted as a leader, and situations that challenged me, including how I responded. The others were very interesting and related to how I see the current business climate, why I think PwC is still in business, and why I sought out an IT-related internship based on my prior auditing internship with another firm.

Advice to Management

Take more credit for the "other" non monetary benefits PwC provides. While most interns don't care about maternity/paternity leave, sick leave for family as well as yourself (unlimited), PwC didn't take credit for what I found to be the best comprehensive benefits in the industry.

Excellent