PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 41-50 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

Best Internship in America
Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the real world experience and knowledge I gained. The employees were also very helpful and friendly.

The hours could be a little intimidating, but being with a supportive team helped with that.

Stay focused, have fun, and don't be afraid to ask questions. The associates understand what you're going through and want to help.

Open your Eyes - It is about More than the Job
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunities with full-time employees, as well as other interns from all over the state/country. I also enjoyed the exposure we had to the partners and other high-level employees within the firm. The mentorship program they had set-up was great and allowed me to feel like I had a voice and mattered, even as an intern.

The actual work I was doing and "busy season" - but that has to do with being in public accounting in general. PwC tries very hard to make unpleasant work and times of the year as pleasant and positive as they can be.

Do not be intimidated by the work or the hours you will commit to the work. The people that you are working with actually do care for you, and they are 100% more concerned with doing what is right and helping you do what is right for you than with hitting certain hours per week. The job is high stress, but the firm really tries to reward you for putting in the effort and doing a good job.

Advice to Management

I think most people leave because they feel like they give everything they have to the job, and there is not enough reward for what is given. Therefore, I don't know that I have any real advice about what specifially to do, but I think finding ways to be more efficient (whereas it seems we are always adding more work and more administrative tasks that are a massive time suck) and then actually truly rewarding people for their accomplishments, dedication, hardwork, etc. is something that we could do better. I alwyas think compensation could be better - we can go work somewhere else for way less hours and for much more pay. I also really think that efficiency has to be a focus because unless the regulators change their rules and timelines, there isn't much else that we can improve upon as a firm.

Unlimited Opportunities.
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the different opportunities that were presented throughout the internship.

One thing I wish I could change would be start date for the internship, I wish it was a longer program.

I would advise potential interns to do their research about the firm and their markets before choosing the office.

Best accounting company for internships
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with were really nice and cared about you

The crazy hours we worked. But it is expected in any accounting company

Everyone was very help and never to busy to answer questions

Coworkers took time to explain things

Got real world examples

Growing professionally and personally through immense coaching and development opportunities and real-time client experience.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Coaching and development

The experience was incredible and very representative of what my responsibilities will be upon starting full time.

Take full advantage of every opportunity in order to maximize your experience. Associates are always willing to help you grow, so capitalize on this to make the most of your time.

Jump into the water with sharks and see if you love it or not
Fort Lauderdale, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated as a worthy and important piece to the project and not necessarily as an "intern" would normally feel.

The hours were definitely straining but it comes with the territory of auditing.

Interning with a Big Four firm provides a real experience of what to expect. I highly recommend for those considering joining the audit field. In addition, intern during winter (busy season) so you can get a better feel for how things run as opposed to Summer when it's much slower.

Advice to Management

Overall had a great experience, no complaints!

Great Internship For Those With Little Business Experience and Looking For Great Work Culture and Firm
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the compensation, and the training

Was not given choice for what group to work for

Come prepared to do any work that is given to you, don't complain, do a good job, and you should receive a full-time offer.

Best Coaching and Fun Experience
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Coaching experience; A lot of diversity inside the company; Teamwork oriented;

Less education on Client interactions.

Asked for future career development and long-term learning environment.

The best opportunity for my career
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

opportunities to learn, working with people at various levels within the firm, real world experience

As an intern, sometimes I felt like I was hindering my team more than helping because I had to stop and ask questions.

Interning at PwC gave me real world experience and I was able to learn what it is like to work in public accounting, especially during busy season.

Excellent experience for learning, growth and development
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was put in a career like setting and felt that I received real on the job experience.

There was nothing I didn't like about the internship

It is a very friendly and welcoming workplace, everyone is willing to help if you ask. There are a lot of career like experiences during the internship and there is potential for a full time offer.