PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

Best Internship in America
Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the real world experience and knowledge I gained. The employees were also very helpful and friendly.

The hours could be a little intimidating, but being with a supportive team helped with that.

Stay focused, have fun, and don't be afraid to ask questions. The associates understand what you're going through and want to help.

Open your Eyes - It is about More than the Job
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunities with full-time employees, as well as other interns from all over the state/country. I also enjoyed the exposure we had to the partners and other high-level employees within the firm. The mentorship program they had set-up was great and allowed me to feel like I had a voice and mattered, even as an intern.

The actual work I was doing and "busy season" - but that has to do with being in public accounting in general. PwC tries very hard to make unpleasant work and times of the year as pleasant and positive as they can be.

Do not be intimidated by the work or the hours you will commit to the work. The people that you are working with actually do care for you, and they are 100% more concerned with doing what is right and helping you do what is right for you than with hitting certain hours per week. The job is high stress, but the firm really tries to reward you for putting in the effort and doing a good job.

Advice to Management

I think most people leave because they feel like they give everything they have to the job, and there is not enough reward for what is given. Therefore, I don't know that I have any real advice about what specifially to do, but I think finding ways to be more efficient (whereas it seems we are always adding more work and more administrative tasks that are a massive time suck) and then actually truly rewarding people for their accomplishments, dedication, hardwork, etc. is something that we could do better. I alwyas think compensation could be better - we can go work somewhere else for way less hours and for much more pay. I also really think that efficiency has to be a focus because unless the regulators change their rules and timelines, there isn't much else that we can improve upon as a firm.

a real internship
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

people are welcoming and patient

need more work to do, and interns should be allowed to ask for work from other team if this team can't assign work anymore at that time.

PwC is people- oriented, people is happy for working with them.

When Hard Work Meets Fun
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet all of the other interns from schools all across the country. Having a close relationship with my client team.

I wish it was longer.

Be flexible and willing to learn.

Grow your own way.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning and development processes were so helpful and having a coach, buddy, and relationship partner really helped me stay focused and motivated. They helped me make the most of 6 short weeks.

Nothing comes to mind.

Be yourself, but be professional. PwC hires very down-to-earth but motivated and intelligent people, and the best thing you can be is friendly yet professional.

Long Hours and Hard Work, But Paid Off
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

My team members and client experience were great.

Long hours, tedious tasks, however these were expected as an intern.

Be a sponge, take in whatever you can and network as much as possible.

My interview was over two years ago so I can't quite remember which questions were asked (I participated in a PwC leadership program as a sophomore)

Advice to Management

The long hours were tough, however are representative to what life as an associate will be.

Advance provided me with the best summer I have had. I learned, I networked, and I gave back. Starting full time can't come soon enough.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC provides superior training, coaching, and support. The resources were there if we needed them. With the structure of the internship program, we as interns were able to interact with many senior individuals with in the firm which provided insight into the different roles that make up the team.

This is a hard question to answer as there were really no cons! I guess a con would be that the internship was indoors during the beautiful summer weather.

Think about what your personal values are. If these align with the values of the company, then it is a match. You want to surround yourself with people who care about similar things as you, so make sure you understand what the firm as a whole holds as their values. For example, I think it is important to give back and that is why I feel so strongly about joining a company like PwC.

What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?

And always have questions for your interviewer!

The PwC Experience: Great People and Challenging Work Create Real Development
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredible people, multiple intern social events, consistent and continual feedback, challenges interns

The recruiting team did a poor job communicating with interns once we were placed on clients, the internship felt short (only 6 weeks with clients)

Be yourself: PwC is all about personalities. They do not expect you to have a cookie cutter personality.

I actually interviewed with the firm only once in the winter of 2013. During the interview, I answered a couple basic questions about myself (strengths, weaknesses, when I've encountered a situation in which I had to report poor behavior of my coworker to a manager) but primarily spent the interview talking with the interviewer.

Advice to Management

The one concern with the accounting industry is the number of people who leave when they are promoted to Senior Associate (usually 2-3 years after being hired) due to the harshness of the hours and the pressures placed on this particular position. I think they need to rethink this position to better attract more people to the industry and retain more employees.

real-life auditing experience
Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting paid and actually getting to work on an audit, not just making copies for people.

only had the opportunity to work on one client during the entire summer

ask lots of questions because there are many different industries and clients you can get involved in and your happiness is vital so choose an industry that interests you

where do you see yourself in 5 years. Describe more about your resume.

Advice to Management

employee retention and actually utilizing the flexibility options

Best internship experience ever
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Client interactions, working for the pwc brand and learning new aspects in technology consulting

The length of the internship

Pwc has a wide variety of clients and whatever your interests are I'm sure there will be scope and opportunities in any field