4.6 of 5 stars (6,770 Ratings)

4 Stars (2042)
Intern at PwC's Advance, Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 41-50 of 6,770 Intern Reviews

A Day in the Life of a PwC Associate.

San Jose, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Development experiences, real-time feedback, consistent opportunities, and fast growth.

There was at times a knowledge gap between interns and associates or managers. As interns, it was our first times seeing most of the work we were assigned. Sometimes, it was difficult for managers and associates to effectively explain the tasks we would be performing.

Be prepared for a fast-paced environment and be open to ambiguity in the assigned tasks.

Learn FAST

Philadelphia, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt like I was a real associate on the job.

Wish I was on a bigger job

It's moving to a more laid back workplace but in a professional services environment professionalism goes a long way.

Advice to Management

Employee retention could be better. I saw some jobs where an employee was brought on for 3 days. You can't catch someone up on the work in 3 days and teach them a job you've been working on for 3 months.

Behavioral questions. When was a time you were in a leadership role? How did you respond to adversity?

Sharing work space with friends creates a stress free environment and makes the learning experience more fun.

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC's culture.

It felt a little bit short.

PwC cares about you as an individual.

Advancing your career with PwC

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

people, culture, leadership, environment, connections

More autonomy in tax work than I thought there would be

PwC provides amazing support resources for interns and new hires, utilize these during your internship.

Advice to Management

none

Why Tax?
Why Seattle?
What are your goals as a professional?

I got to see what PwC is really like from the inside, and I loved what I saw.

Los Angeles, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the other people, being able to work with so many clients (I was on 5 different engagements over the 8-week internship), actually doing the work I'll be doing as a full-time associate, the flexibility, the options and opportunities, the pay, the support, the full-time offer celebration at Disney World in Orlando

The very steep learning curve (difficult and challenging, but not impossible)

PwC is the best professional services firm in the world; its many accolades can attest to that fact. But for me, PwC is the best company for my career development, interpersonal relations, support, and growth - as a professional and as a person.

Assurance Financial Services

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

New work everyday and great people

No cons noticed

Work hard and ask questions

PwC's Advance Internship Prepares You for a Successful Accounting Career

Raleigh, NC | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

benefits - covering certain expenses, mileage, meals/events
career development - learned so much and was set up with employees to guide career development
variety of clients, jobs, and experiences - I was exposed to many different accounting tasks that will give me an advantage going forward
Location in Raleigh - North Hills area
The amenities and set-up of the office

Commuting, but only because I lived in Chapel Hill
Commuting to client locations like Rocky Mount and Burlington, but it's part of the job sometimes

I would recommend looking into PwC and network with multiple employees to get a feel for the company culture. Everyone is excited to be a part of the firm and will communicate the perks of working at PwC. From a business standpoint, PwC is among the best accounting firms based on market share and reputation, which goes a long way with clients and public opinion.

Advice to Management

Maybe have a manager in place for day-to-day activities, particularly for when interns are not scheduled on a client. Maybe not a direct, strict supervisor, but someone to guide you for the times you don't have a clear task for the day.

Tell me about yourself and how you became interested in accounting
Tell me something about you that's not on your resume
What experiences do you have that relate to accounting?

A peak into the work of a tax accountant

Denver, CO | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the opportunity to meet tax employees and hear about their experiences.

There was not quite enough work for the entire duration of the internship.

great experience that shows you the work you would be doing as a starting employee.

Advice to Management

Placed each intern on a client or a few clients so we had a group of people to go to for work.

I had the opportunity to learn and be around ambitious individuals with the drive to succeed.

Chicago, IL | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

People and culture

The long work hours that need to be put in if something goes wrong with the client

Make sure to learn and absorb as much as possible. Also, take the opportunity to network and build long lasting relationships.

Advice to Management

I believe people need to make sure everyone in their team is enjoying what they are doing in order to retain good employees.

Tell me about yourself, What are your future goals, Why did you choose accounting

Introduction and Coaching

Pittsburgh, PA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The real time feedback and career coaching I received

The lack of audit work that is available for interns in the summer months

Don't be worried about the amount of work you are/are not given