PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Overall Intern Rating (4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 31-40 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

Great firm great culture
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with partners, other colleagues, and my intern class

Length of time could be slightly longer

So many opportunities in many areas of business

Achieveing personal growth while helping clients see real change.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunitiy to choose the industry I wanted to work in, my team, feedback process, courses available for personal training/development, informal networking opportunities/social events, hours/pay.

Formal networking opportunities were minimal.

Since I was always at the client, I rarely interacted with other interns.

Within industry, project assignment was random with little regard to intern skills/preferences.

During your internship you will be required to be a people person. Whether and extrovert or introvert, ability to work in teams is critical with both your PwC team and the client. Real-time feedback is also encouraged so be ready to get some tough love throughout; it will lead to personal growth. Additionally, employers love interns who have analytical/deliverable-creation skills so very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills can really make your internship fantastic. Lastly, come here if you want to be in a specific industry (Finance, Healthcare), not a specific competency (operations, strategy, etc.) because that is the way that the company is set up. Also know that it is very difficult to switch from one industry to another once you start full time.

After receiving the case, one of the things I was asked was to provide a timeline with implementation steps to my recommendations.

Advice to Management

Since within an industry, interns are placed on random projects, interns should receive more formal opportunities to get to know other aspects of that industry. For example, in Finance if you are placed on an insurance company, but were always interested in consulting an asset management firm, you should be able to formally network with that group.

Advance provided me with the best summer I have had. I learned, I networked, and I gave back. Starting full time can't come soon enough.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC provides superior training, coaching, and support. The resources were there if we needed them. With the structure of the internship program, we as interns were able to interact with many senior individuals with in the firm which provided insight into the different roles that make up the team.

This is a hard question to answer as there were really no cons! I guess a con would be that the internship was indoors during the beautiful summer weather.

Think about what your personal values are. If these align with the values of the company, then it is a match. You want to surround yourself with people who care about similar things as you, so make sure you understand what the firm as a whole holds as their values. For example, I think it is important to give back and that is why I feel so strongly about joining a company like PwC.

What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?

And always have questions for your interviewer!

The PwC Experience: Great People and Challenging Work Create Real Development
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredible people, multiple intern social events, consistent and continual feedback, challenges interns

The recruiting team did a poor job communicating with interns once we were placed on clients, the internship felt short (only 6 weeks with clients)

Be yourself: PwC is all about personalities. They do not expect you to have a cookie cutter personality.

I actually interviewed with the firm only once in the winter of 2013. During the interview, I answered a couple basic questions about myself (strengths, weaknesses, when I've encountered a situation in which I had to report poor behavior of my coworker to a manager) but primarily spent the interview talking with the interviewer.

Advice to Management

The one concern with the accounting industry is the number of people who leave when they are promoted to Senior Associate (usually 2-3 years after being hired) due to the harshness of the hours and the pressures placed on this particular position. I think they need to rethink this position to better attract more people to the industry and retain more employees.

Client facing internship acting like a first year associate from day 1!
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

real client facing job assignments, networking with other high performers, job prospects for growth

that it ended and I had to go back to school!

Think about where you could see yourself launching a career

Advice to Management

Nothing, keep the internship program as is; its great!

Grow your own way
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to be myself and bring something valuable to the table

The internship was way too short

If you want to go into public accounting, PwC is the place to go

Advice to Management

way more diversity

PwC's Internship Experience Packs an Invaluable and Incomparable Punch.
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything was awesome. The work that we did was meaningful and beneficial to my development as a professional. I liked how I was treated as a first-year, and not so much as an intern. PwC really invested in me this summer and helped get my career off on the right foot.

I would've liked it to have been a little longer.

Really evaluate the quality of people that work for PwC because these are the people you will be surrounded by every day at work. At PwC, the people really do make all of the difference and is the main reason that working for PwC is such an amazing experience.

Best internship so far!

Flexibility, training, people, benefits

I liked every aspect of the internship.

It will really help you to boost your career. It is definitely worth going through the whole recruiting process at PwC.

Rewarding hands-on experience
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

As an intern, I was provided with challenging and meaningful work that contributed to the completion of an audit. I felt that I was a valued member of the engagement team and that my team members were interested in my development as a young professional.

The short duration of the summer internship. Public accounting has a steep learning curve, therefore once you began to feel comfortable with the processes, procedures and system, the internship is over.

The PwC environment is truly dedicated to the learning and development of employees and interns. Public accounting can be a challenging and demanding industry, but PwC is committed to helpling it's employees build a strong foundation and grow as professionals.

Great people, great learning opportunities, unforgettable experience
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experience in the field of taxation and the people I worked with

There was anything that comes to mind

The accounting industry requires some long hours, but the people are what make PwC a great firm to work for. The culture is laid back and fun. During tax season, we even had a mini-golf tournament held each Friday.