4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

and Get 1 FREE DAY

Displaying 31-40 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

Achieveing personal growth while helping clients see real change.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Opportunitiy to choose the industry I wanted to work in, my team, feedback process, courses available for personal training/development, informal networking opportunities/social events, hours/pay.

Formal networking opportunities were minimal.

Since I was always at the client, I rarely interacted with other interns.

Within industry, project assignment was random with little regard to intern skills/preferences.

During your internship you will be required to be a people person. Whether and extrovert or introvert, ability to work in teams is critical with both your PwC team and the client. Real-time feedback is also encouraged so be ready to get some tough love throughout; it will lead to personal growth. Additionally, employers love interns who have analytical/deliverable-creation skills so very strong Excel and PowerPoint skills can really make your internship fantastic. Lastly, come here if you want to be in a specific industry (Finance, Healthcare), not a specific competency (operations, strategy, etc.) because that is the way that the company is set up. Also know that it is very difficult to switch from one industry to another once you start full time.

After receiving the case, one of the things I was asked was to provide a timeline with implementation steps to my recommendations.

Advice to Management

Since within an industry, interns are placed on random projects, interns should receive more formal opportunities to get to know other aspects of that industry. For example, in Finance if you are placed on an insurance company, but were always interested in consulting an asset management firm, you should be able to formally network with that group.

Intern Life: Learning, Making Connections, Making Money
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to learn about the everyday life of an auditor and gaining an understanding of their audit process. Networking events: being able to sit down with partners, managers, and seniors multiple times throughout the internship.

I would have liked a longer internship.

Make as many connections as possible and have fun during your internship. At the same time always ask questions and have a good attitude.

Tell me a little about yourself.

Name a time when you failed and how you overcame it.

Tell me about your time studying abroad.

Can you describe some of the responsibilities/roles that you had on campus?

Tell me about some of your responsibilities at your last job.

Advice to Management

Hosting more events so that interns can get to know their fellow interns better. Once at the client site, it was hard to meet other interns.

Best Accounting Internship Available
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got real life experience and saw exactly what I will be doing when I start full time.

The commute.

PwC takes pride in how well they treat all of their employees, both personally and financially.

PwC's Internship Experience: Where You Can Build Valuable Relationships & Kick-off Your Business Career With Real-Time Improvements
Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands-on Experience, Supportive/Collaborative Environment, Real-Time Improvements

I would've liked to gain a bit more experience in a different department within the firm.

The work can be challenging but the firm's values are shown throughout its employees and working for PwC is very rewarding.

Why did you choose accounting? Why tax?

What makes you different than other potential candidates?

Do you see yourself living here? (location of internship)

Tell me a little bit about yourself.

Advice to Management

I believe it's important to build growth with diverse employees who can bring different ideas to the firm.

Amazing Opportunity Turned into Bright Future
Birmingham, AL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the opportunity to work on different clients, and the work/life balance were the best aspects of the internship.

I honestly cannot think of any cons to my internship at this time.

Being a hard worker and an individual who has a lasting thirst for knowledge are the two greatest traits an intern can have.

The best learning experience so far.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to learn more about the pwc culture and build my personal brand and network.

I liked everything about my internship.

This is a great opportunity to get exposed to pwc.

Why pwc? Why niu? Be prepared to answer questions about yourself, career goals, a challenge that you had and how you work through it.

Advice to Management

None.

One of the greatest learning experiences I could have ever hoped for and more!
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and culture at Pwc as well as the type of work I got to do while put on several engagements.

I wish it could have been longer

Enjoy the experience by making the most out of the short time you are there. Reach out to as many people as you can and be open to any task that comes your way because it can only help you.

Great Alternative to Audit: Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part was being able to work on a variety of projects. High profile/low profile and a wide variety of types of projects including divestitures, spin-offs, IPOs, and technical accounting.

There wan't anything I did not like about my internship.

I would pursue every opportunity at the firm and do not just resort to tax or audit. There are many other opportunities that may fit your skills and preferences better.

Great experience - treated like a salaried employee
Louisville, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience

Networking

Benefits, such as expenses being paid for travel

Quality training

Work can get monotonous on some days, but there is usually a wide variety.

This job will take up just about all your time during the internship. You'll work hard and long hours through the day, but you'll also have lots of fun at night and on the weekends.

You get what you put into it and PwC will help to make it happen
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenging work, supportive learning environment, amiable and professional staff, clear understanding of expectations and opportunities to meet them.

Work was slow at times but you can find ways to be productive (i.e. use learning resources, shadow employees, take on work from another department).

Know your personal objectives and understand what the firm has to offer. Also, be open to finding new experiences and meeting new people. The firm is big and there are tons of great people in each line of service.

Behavioral interviewing - Why tax?

Advice to Management

n/a - the firm is very transparent about expectations, work load, and promotion policies.