PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Overall Intern Rating (4,026 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 31-40 of 4,026 Intern Reviews

Great
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and hands on learning

it was a bit short

it was a great internship, with great people, learned a great deal

The PwC Summer Experience - The Internship Experience of a Lifetime
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to explore all industry groups and the opportunity to network with people from different areas of focus and backgrounds.

At some clients, the level of work was not very challenging or interesting.

The firm is more than just a 'public acocunting firm'; our leaders/team members genuinely believe in investing in relationships and offer several opportunities beyond your day-to-day responsibilites to make an impact on those around you and those within the community and to grow professionally and personally. The experience is what YOU make of it - take advantage of the opportunitites that are presented to you.

One of the greatest learning experiences I could have ever hoped for and more!
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and culture at Pwc as well as the type of work I got to do while put on several engagements.

I wish it could have been longer

Enjoy the experience by making the most out of the short time you are there. Reach out to as many people as you can and be open to any task that comes your way because it can only help you.

Great Alternative to Audit: Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part was being able to work on a variety of projects. High profile/low profile and a wide variety of types of projects including divestitures, spin-offs, IPOs, and technical accounting.

There wan't anything I did not like about my internship.

I would pursue every opportunity at the firm and do not just resort to tax or audit. There are many other opportunities that may fit your skills and preferences better.

Open Environment Leads to New Learning and Experiences
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

people. atmosphere, learning opportunities, networking experiences

inability to work on different lines of service

Take the internship seriously, and take every opportunity to network with your peers and staff members

Best Internship in America
Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the real world experience and knowledge I gained. The employees were also very helpful and friendly.

The hours could be a little intimidating, but being with a supportive team helped with that.

Stay focused, have fun, and don't be afraid to ask questions. The associates understand what you're going through and want to help.

Open your Eyes - It is about More than the Job
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunities with full-time employees, as well as other interns from all over the state/country. I also enjoyed the exposure we had to the partners and other high-level employees within the firm. The mentorship program they had set-up was great and allowed me to feel like I had a voice and mattered, even as an intern.

The actual work I was doing and "busy season" - but that has to do with being in public accounting in general. PwC tries very hard to make unpleasant work and times of the year as pleasant and positive as they can be.

Do not be intimidated by the work or the hours you will commit to the work. The people that you are working with actually do care for you, and they are 100% more concerned with doing what is right and helping you do what is right for you than with hitting certain hours per week. The job is high stress, but the firm really tries to reward you for putting in the effort and doing a good job.

Advice to Management

I think most people leave because they feel like they give everything they have to the job, and there is not enough reward for what is given. Therefore, I don't know that I have any real advice about what specifially to do, but I think finding ways to be more efficient (whereas it seems we are always adding more work and more administrative tasks that are a massive time suck) and then actually truly rewarding people for their accomplishments, dedication, hardwork, etc. is something that we could do better. I alwyas think compensation could be better - we can go work somewhere else for way less hours and for much more pay. I also really think that efficiency has to be a focus because unless the regulators change their rules and timelines, there isn't much else that we can improve upon as a firm.

Great Learning Experience
Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was great, you experience a lot of development in a short amount of time and the people at the firm are great.

It got off to a slow start but that's just because it's slower during the summer.

The people at the firm are so welcoming and want to help you learn and the exposure you get to the clients is great. PwC has a phenomenal reach and endless resources so If you're looking to start your career in public accounting they are definitely the employer of choice.

Amazing Opportunities Start With PwC
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best: People, the work was interesting, the firm was in a safe/secure area, compensation, the “buddy” program

Worst: Training

I didn’t think that all of the training we did was necessary.

They try their hardest to be elite and I think they do it. They don’t miss out on any aspect.

Interviewed 2 years ago: do not remember

Advice to Management

I think they need a new way of tracking time and a new email system

Team Based Learning
Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility in the workplace. I was able to work from home instead of working late hours at the office.

Sitting all day because I'm used to moving a lot.

PwC really cares about their people. They strive to keep their employees happy because that is what leads to a successful, productive work environment. I was never treated as an intern during my internship but as a full time employee. This really helped me get a feel for what life would be like as a first year associate.