PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 31-40 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

Professional and collaborative environment.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office culture.

Consistency of project flow.

Great place if you highly value work-life balance.

A perfectly balanced internship experience
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

gained real-life experience working on-site with project teams day to day, but it was very well balanced with events and activities that the interns participated in to connect with each other outside of day-to-day client work, such as community service events, social events, sporting events, and other fun projects. Hourly pay also promoted a work-life balance during the internship and compensated those interns who worked overtime. The internship program ended with a week in Disney World for all those who received full-time offers for the "Intern Development Program (IDP)" to work on developing customer service and team/project-based skills in partnership with the Disney Corporation. That was a phenomenal experience and a true differentiator.

It was challenging to support one of my projects while based in our HQ office because I did not have a government clearance/badge to be on-site with the project team. The team was very accommodating, but that was a challenge for a short time.

Be open to new experiences and meeting new people; that is a huge part of the internship experience and will benefit you greatly.

Describe a time when you faced a challenge on a project team and how you worked to overcome that challenge.

Describe a time when you had to navigate conflicting guidance from multiple leaders in an organization or another environment. How did you respond and meet everyone's needs?

Audit Intern Performing Work of First Year Associate
Grand Rapids, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, the ability to perform real work on the job, the compensation, the organization

The travel and the work I performed

Evaluate the culture of the people. They are very personable and it is important that this fits for you. The work is difficult and it is important that you evaluate whether you are willing to put in enough time and effort to enjoy the job.

PwC - you never know how awesome it is until you intern here
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All my colleagues were extremely friendly and helpful. They genuinely wanted to help me improve and learn. They were always positive and enthusiastic about their work, which was particularly important during busy audit seasons. So during my internship, I was happy every day even if I was working for 16 hours a day.

Seriously, nothing.

PwC is one of the best places to start a career for an accounting student. Be prepared to work hard because the more you put into your internship, the more your will get out from it. Also be prepared to have a great time with your colleagues and fellow interns because it is just enjoyable to spend time with them!

As a student, there are a lot of occasions in which you are coached by others. Is there a time when you are the one who coach other people?

Reflective of a First-Year Experience
Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent culture, fun employees and co-workers

The entire internship was only 8 weeks.

Consider the culture and mission of the company in order to evaluate if it aligns with goals.

Best Internship in America
Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the real world experience and knowledge I gained. The employees were also very helpful and friendly.

The hours could be a little intimidating, but being with a supportive team helped with that.

Stay focused, have fun, and don't be afraid to ask questions. The associates understand what you're going through and want to help.

Open your Eyes - It is about More than the Job
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunities with full-time employees, as well as other interns from all over the state/country. I also enjoyed the exposure we had to the partners and other high-level employees within the firm. The mentorship program they had set-up was great and allowed me to feel like I had a voice and mattered, even as an intern.

The actual work I was doing and "busy season" - but that has to do with being in public accounting in general. PwC tries very hard to make unpleasant work and times of the year as pleasant and positive as they can be.

Do not be intimidated by the work or the hours you will commit to the work. The people that you are working with actually do care for you, and they are 100% more concerned with doing what is right and helping you do what is right for you than with hitting certain hours per week. The job is high stress, but the firm really tries to reward you for putting in the effort and doing a good job.

Advice to Management

I think most people leave because they feel like they give everything they have to the job, and there is not enough reward for what is given. Therefore, I don't know that I have any real advice about what specifially to do, but I think finding ways to be more efficient (whereas it seems we are always adding more work and more administrative tasks that are a massive time suck) and then actually truly rewarding people for their accomplishments, dedication, hardwork, etc. is something that we could do better. I alwyas think compensation could be better - we can go work somewhere else for way less hours and for much more pay. I also really think that efficiency has to be a focus because unless the regulators change their rules and timelines, there isn't much else that we can improve upon as a firm.

One of the greatest learning experiences I could have ever hoped for and more!
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and culture at Pwc as well as the type of work I got to do while put on several engagements.

I wish it could have been longer

Enjoy the experience by making the most out of the short time you are there. Reach out to as many people as you can and be open to any task that comes your way because it can only help you.

Great Alternative to Audit: Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services
Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part was being able to work on a variety of projects. High profile/low profile and a wide variety of types of projects including divestitures, spin-offs, IPOs, and technical accounting.

There wan't anything I did not like about my internship.

I would pursue every opportunity at the firm and do not just resort to tax or audit. There are many other opportunities that may fit your skills and preferences better.

When Hard Work Meets Fun
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet all of the other interns from schools all across the country. Having a close relationship with my client team.

I wish it was longer.

Be flexible and willing to learn.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)