Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Log in to Submit a Review

Eight week preview of the public accounting and consulting world

Career progression, pay, networking

No major cons

Be yourself, working with people you enjoy is important

Incredible opportunity to build you personal brand and start your career
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking, mentoring opportunities, client exposure, full time opportunities, treated as an employee rather than an intern

Not exactly full employee treatment in the industry; it would include traveling much more and a more demanding schedule.

Always be prepared, always network and meet as many people as you can, even if it has nothing to do with your position or where you are looking to go. Be prepared to be pushed outside your comfort zone and build your personal brand.

Just the right fit
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned exactly what I wanted to do after I graduate college and was given the opportunity to join the team after my completetion of school.

They were not up to date with my school schedule. Since I was on the quarter schedule, part of my internship cut into the spring quarter.

There is no downside to taking the internship. Yes the amount of work may be a bit too much at times, but the experience is absolutely worth it. The big four has a lot of room for career development.

Great in depth real world experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people that I worked with and the projects that i worked on

The length. I would have had a better and been more exposed to different areas if it was longer

The people and the work that is required

Practical Experience and a Fun Internship
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands-on experience with client engagements, really appreciated feeling productive and not being relegated to making copies or getting coffee instead of working on assignments

Everyone started at the same time, but did not necessarily end at the same time. Students who began school later were able to work an extra week toward the end, but I might have liked to have the flexibility of starting sooner because I had a month between ending school for the semester and starting the internship.

It's a wonderful place to intern and I truly enjoyed it. It's important to reflect on your own impressions and the feeling you get from the people you meet. You want to like the peope you are working with and feel like you align with the firm's culture and values. The likelihood of a full-time offer is also quite high and that was important to me,

Advice to Management

Some summer interns might really appreciate the opportunity to work overtime.

Learning how the financial services industry works while paying specific attention to structured products and fixed income securities.

Loving where I work.

Demanding work schedule.

You will get out of your internship what you put into it.

Advice to Management

Continue to bring the work!

Professional program focused on developing teamwork, learning, leadership, and lifelong career skills.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The activities that allowed us to network with other employees at the company. The work was very interesting. The program was very well organized and planned.

It was too short.

If you want to have an intern experience where you get more out of it that a potential job, this would be great for you because you develop career skill along with personal skills you will use every day in your life.

Advice to Management

Communication with employees.

Great balance of networking, work experience, and professional development
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was how I felt more like a first year associate doing actual projects instead of just menial intern tasks. Also, there was a variety of social/networking events that made the internship go by so fast and made it enjoyable.

No real dislikes.

Awesome place to intern.

Intern Positions Results in Full Time Job
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, company culture, job offer.

Caused worry about working hours once I begin full time.

Base your decision on whether or not you can see yourself working with these people on a daily basis. If you do not easily get along with the people around you, you will not enjoy working there - even if you get the prestige of the company name you want.

Best experience at a Big 4 Firm
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Feeling welcomed by thte full-time workers, intern events, PwC's Promotion Day, meeting many other interns from other groups and cities

The tax group that I was assigned to was not very busy during the length of my internship, so there were a number of days when I had no work to do.

You must show initiative with respect to both your past jobs and extracurricular activities in order to receive an internship offer. Interviewers can usually tell when you have no passion for a particular project you worked on.