4.6 of 5 stars (2,561 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 31-40 of 2,561 Intern Reviews

Fast-paced, strategic work that matters

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse experiences and colleagues

Worked on projects that were both impactful and provided stretch

Had a lot of fun

There was a lot of ambiguity to which I had to become accustomed.

PwC has a very specific culture and fit is critical--those who succeeded were those who thrived in the environment.

Advice to Management

As a huge organization, there were occassionally mixed messages from HR, which didn't detract from the work experience, but did create some confusion among interns.

Best Internship in America

Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the real world experience and knowledge I gained. The employees were also very helpful and friendly.

The hours could be a little intimidating, but being with a supportive team helped with that.

Stay focused, have fun, and don't be afraid to ask questions. The associates understand what you're going through and want to help.

Open your Eyes - It is about More than the Job

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking opportunities with full-time employees, as well as other interns from all over the state/country. I also enjoyed the exposure we had to the partners and other high-level employees within the firm. The mentorship program they had set-up was great and allowed me to feel like I had a voice and mattered, even as an intern.

The actual work I was doing and "busy season" - but that has to do with being in public accounting in general. PwC tries very hard to make unpleasant work and times of the year as pleasant and positive as they can be.

Do not be intimidated by the work or the hours you will commit to the work. The people that you are working with actually do care for you, and they are 100% more concerned with doing what is right and helping you do what is right for you than with hitting certain hours per week. The job is high stress, but the firm really tries to reward you for putting in the effort and doing a good job.

Advice to Management

I think most people leave because they feel like they give everything they have to the job, and there is not enough reward for what is given. Therefore, I don't know that I have any real advice about what specifially to do, but I think finding ways to be more efficient (whereas it seems we are always adding more work and more administrative tasks that are a massive time suck) and then actually truly rewarding people for their accomplishments, dedication, hardwork, etc. is something that we could do better. I alwyas think compensation could be better - we can go work somewhere else for way less hours and for much more pay. I also really think that efficiency has to be a focus because unless the regulators change their rules and timelines, there isn't much else that we can improve upon as a firm.

One of the greatest learning experiences I could have ever hoped for and more!

San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and culture at Pwc as well as the type of work I got to do while put on several engagements.

I wish it could have been longer

Enjoy the experience by making the most out of the short time you are there. Reach out to as many people as you can and be open to any task that comes your way because it can only help you.

Great Alternative to Audit: Capital Markets and Accounting Advisory Services

Atlanta, GA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part was being able to work on a variety of projects. High profile/low profile and a wide variety of types of projects including divestitures, spin-offs, IPOs, and technical accounting.

There wan't anything I did not like about my internship.

I would pursue every opportunity at the firm and do not just resort to tax or audit. There are many other opportunities that may fit your skills and preferences better.

Interns experienced rapid growth and development while given opportunities to meet their future.

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I appreciated opportunities to complete community service within the Philadelphia school districts. Having the ability to delegate work hours to teach financial literacy upheld PwC's standards of corporate responsibility.

My overall expectations were met with this internship however the internships goes by extremely fast, sometimes I would alter the duration of it.

My best advice to potential interns is to be true to yourself, values, and morals because the environment is nurtured in a way to accept your differences which allows the atmosphere to become more diverse.

Build Your Career

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The environment of the firm and the chemistry of the engagement teams that i worked on

I did not get as much overtime as I had hoped

Not a better firm with which to start your career in terms of future opportunities and work environment

Growing professionally and personally through immense coaching and development opportunities and real-time client experience.

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Coaching and development

The experience was incredible and very representative of what my responsibilities will be upon starting full time.

Take full advantage of every opportunity in order to maximize your experience. Associates are always willing to help you grow, so capitalize on this to make the most of your time.

Accounting career "launched" with PwC's Advance internship

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC's senior associates and fellow associates treated my like a first year employee. I did not feel like an intern rather a values employee.

I only got experience in assurance services. It may be beneficial to allow interns to participate for a few weeks in taxation and assurance services.

PwC expects their interns to contribute and assist in day to day tasks.

If you could be a car, what car would you be and why?

Advice to Management

Hours during tax and year end audit season are long.

Great Experiences? Come to PwC

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world work, eager teachers

Busy season hours

Ask lots of questions and be eager to learn!