You get what you put into it.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to work with other interns who were on my same level.

Working with associates who did not mind answering a million questions.

Not being able to travel with team.

Although it is a flexible work environment, make sure you do your work because people will notice.

Advice to Management

Do more for getting diverse individuals in touch with others from same background. Make sure peer mentors, and coaches are actually available and have the time to look after the interns.

More than just an internship but valuable insight into the real world
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspects include: great people, ample resources, activities outside the internship such as volunteer work and events to better develope relationships within the fim, and the training was off the charts.

What I liked least about the internship was not about the company but more about myself. I learned how to handle myself when I get overwhelmed and too not spin your wheels stuck on something for too long.

The Big 4 is not for everyone. People work hard and love to be challenged. PWC is a great resume builder and will prepare you for other aspects outside of public accounting.

Advice to Management

I believe PWC has done an excellent internship and made it perfect. I cannot think of anything to make it better.

It's like real life! Except just for the Summer
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship are the many opportunities for coaching from professionals at each level in their career as well as the hands-on client work experience.

I liked everything.

Leverage all of the resources afforded to yoou (both people and other resources) and let the feedback you receive from projects guide your actions moving forward.

Great
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

People are very nice and helpful

Learning new systems

Be proactive

PwC Advance Internships not only introduce you to the firm and its culture, but prepare you to become a part of the team
Chicago, IL | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship are the limitless opportunites for networking and shadowing. It has been amazing to meet so many associates and partners and learn about how they began their career. I also loved the training we received because it was in no way boring and prepared me to have a successful summer internship. In addition, I appreciated how well they took care of us interns and actually showed interest in us working here in the future.

The only flaw with the internship is sometimes it was hard to find work for interns to do, especially because it was a summer internship. At a professional services firm, they tend to be busiest in the winter months, but in the summer things slow down quite a bit and people start to take vacations and other things. I believe it's important for them to encourage supervisors to try even harder to find projects for interns so that they feel they're adding value to their teams and to the firm.

My advice to potential interns is to be confident and to not be nervous! Everyone at PwC has been so kind; when I was interviewing they made me feel so comfortable that I almost forgot I was interviewing. That is what I like about PwC. It is easy to communicate with the professionals here and people actually listen to what you have to say. In addition, they take very good care of our interests as interns and try their best to get each and every one of us the experience we're looking for. As long as you are willing to step up and stand out of your comfort zone, you will be a great fit with the firm!

Advice to Management

Again I would like to say the only issue a lot of interns had was feeling like they didn't receive enough work. I believe this internship would be even better than it is if supervisors truly worked hard at finding assignments for their interns, and also checking in with them at least a couple of times a week. I know since most of them are managers it can be busy, but you also have to remember that the firm is investing in the interns so it's important to try and give us the best experience possible.

Excellent
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people within the organization make the experience great. They welcome you and are open to helping you in any way possible.

What I liked least about the internship is that it was only 7 weeks.

PwC is unlike any other employer you will ever have. They really care about their people and though the hours may be longer during different times of the year, you will be much more satisfied than if you worked somewhere else.

Don't pass up the oppurtunity, it is a great place to gain exposure to a variety of oppurtunities.
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was exposed to multiple clients and multiple service offerings. I saw what it takes to be excel and everyone I met was extremely helpful.

The training in the first week was very long and ended up being irrelevant to my LOS. It is good to take a few days to get the interns comfortable on the job and with the other interns but I would;ve preferred to use that week to jump directly on client engagements.

Don't take for granted the exposure this firm can give you. It has more service offerings than you realize - there is a ton of oppurtunity.

A Life Changing Experience
Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with my team, extracurricular activities including volunteering at a school, and partner lunches were nice as well. The audit team included the interns in everything and gave us a true opportunity to see everything.

I think I would have liked to have been on a few more jobs to see what other audit teams are like.

Be professional!!! There was a member on our team who showed up in wrinkled clothes, 2 hours late, and left for meals and extremely inappropriate times.

Exceeded Expectations
Philadelphia, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Client experiences and coaching

The amount of down time I had due to the lack of work they had for me to do at times.

The Advance internship was a great experience and gives you a realistic idea of what working for PwC full time would be like.

PwC's internship is onboarding for a full time position.
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Actual and meaningful client service work.

It took a little while to actually start working. It was also a little bit short.

If you fit with the culture, you will fit with the company.

Advice to Management

Help future interns have a better understanding of the lines of service before they choose the line of service they would like to do.