Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Log in to Submit a Review

A great opportunity to learn and grow
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I met and the ability to see what it is like in day-to-day operatins.

Training was not very interesting.

Look for people you would be willing to spend a lot of time with.

An amazing in-depth look into the world of public accounting
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved being able to perform community service by teaching children financial literacy as I traveled to Belize with the firm.

I can not think of any con's.

Take every opportunity you get to try to find real world client work.

The best internship an accounting major could hope to get
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of the internship was the culture that PwC promoted. As an intern, one could tell how much PwC cared about your future. Anytime I did not understand anything or needed guidance, somebody was always there to help. From the high ranking partners, down to the newly hired associates, everyone was there to assist me and guide me in becoming a better accountant. As an intern, I could see how much PwC cared about their employees. Everyone worked hard, while mainting a reasonable work-life balance. PwC has a great reputation in the accounting world, and their internship program definitely reflected this.

There was nothing that I disliked about the internship

PwC is a great place to start ones career as an accountant or CPA. They promote a culture of success, while truly caring about their employees

Advice to Management

N/A

Insight to the public accounting profession
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having a very knowledgeable senior that was able to teach me a variety of aspects of the audit as a whole.

The internship was too short. I wish it was at least a month longer in order to learn more about the work and opportunities within the company.

Be open to learn and absorb everything that they teach you. Keep the big picture in mind. Often times people are stuck on the individual details of the assignments and forget how your task relates to the audit as a whole.

Advice to Management

Public accounting has very high turnover, due to burn out or better job opportunities etc. There should be a policy in place that allows employees who give ample notice, to take a one or two month sabbatical (with no pay) if they choose in order to recharge. Additionally, this act should not be frowned upon and encouraged after working long stretches. This might minimize turnover and the need to hire and train new employees.

Explore your interests, develop your talents, and grow professionally
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were the ability to participate in actual engagements, and interact with various PwC personnel and clients. It also gave me direct exposure to my preferred line of service. Finally, the training was detailed and very useful.

I wish I had more time on some of the clients.

I recommend candidates participating in some of the many campus events coordinated by PwC and learning about them in person and online.

Advice to Management

The organization can continue to promote work-life flexibility.

Jjjjjjjjjjjnnjmbh

Jjjjjjmjknghk

Jjjjjnjkngjk,

Jjjjjjm bhkkkmm

Fast Paced and Exciting

network opportunities, training, experience

very short

If you want a wide range of experience and wonderful training choose PWC!

Learn as much as you can on business operations on your way through career development.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Career development help, felt that I was a full-time worker, not just an intern.

Having to choose internship location so early in the interview process

Don't stress out about interviews and getting a job, just be yourself and do your best in everything you do.

A Great Learning and Career Development Experience
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC puts a lot of time and effort into training and career development. During my internship I had multiple mentors and two weeks of training at the beginning with more training to follow through the entire internship. I made friends and professional connections that will benfit me for many years to come even if I didn't accept a full time offer with the firm. The pay is also really good.

The hours can be long but it balances out in the end. There were times that I did 'intern' work such as making copies and filing but that was mostly in the beginning when I still was learning.

Show the firm that you are a hard worker and if you don't have work then reach out for some. Also show the firm that you would be enjoyable person to work with.

PwC's internship was a fantastic learning experience; developed personal and professional skills
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

My heavy involvement on the team, compensation, training programs and workshops, company culture, social activities, PwC's Internship Development Program in Disney World, support from mentors, and experience learning how to prepare tax returns

Busy season hours were hectic, which was expected.

Working at a big four firm is busy and fast paced but PwC has a fantastic company culture with great people that help you develop your personal and professional skills. During the busy months of tax season, we worked hard but also had fun activities planned to make things easier. For example, every Friday the company would buy pizzas for lunch and everyone would take a nice long lunch break to socialize and enjoy lunch. The people who work at PwC are great and make working longer hours more enjoyable.