Real life experience while expanding your network
Hartford, CT | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part was the ability to work with experts in the field. I expected to work with associates and newer employees but really for to work hands on with directors and partners of the firm.

With the tax deadline, it got a bit stressful but they found ways to help relieve stress like a massage day where they brought in professional massagers for the day

If you want the best experience you can get in public accounting, PwC is the firm for you. It is one of the big four accounting firm and is extremely involved in the internship process and they really want you to enjoy the internship and grow from it

This internship has made me realize that I have not only chosen the right career, but also the right company.
Florham Park, NJ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenging projects, excellent benefits, fun events, great people, great exposure to the Accounting and Auditing field.

Realizing that I no longer get to enjoy summer vacation!

Be prepared to be flexible! Having a to-do list is key to organization, but the more flexible you are regarding your readiness to step up, the more senior staff members and HR staff will notice you.

Advice to Management

I think that HR could make it a bit clearer regarding the policy for taking time off for PwC events or personal needs. I was late coming into my internship and feel I could have benefited from a bit of extra training. Even though I heard a lot about diversity throughout my time at PwC, I would also like the opportunity to participate in more events to do with diversity.

Enriched internship experience
Houston, TX | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I can learn a lot.

the workload is a little heavy.

PwC really cares about individual's development.

Fast-paced challenge that's over before you know it.
Milwaukee, WI | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great training, welcoming staff, and meaningful tasks

Long hours and too short

Be ready for hard work, ask questions, and enjoy the wealth of knowledge around you

Advice to Management

Work to retain employees and limit busy season hours

An Meaningful Opportunity to See a Realistic Picture of Public Accounting
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The ongoing training in my specific area provided me with areas of learning that no one is able to receive in the classroom. The people I worked with were diverse, intelligent and enjoyable to spend time working with.

Since I was in a major city, I rarely was able to spend time with my entire intern class.

The first day of work will be uncomfortable, but stand confident and press out of your comfort zone. This is the only way for you to grow personally and professionally.

A Jump Start into the Real World of Business - Understanding the Firm and the Client
Buffalo, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, my team, the work given to me, the volunteer opportunities, intern events, training, and client exposure. The overall experience was great.

I like everything about my internship.

Make sure in the interview process that you choose PwC because you are interested in the field as well as hardworking. Most importantly, if you feel the right "fit" upon interviewing, you can be successful at this firm.

PwC Summer Advance Internship-- Enriching
New York, NY | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and culture

Wish technology training was more in depth with the tax software

Ask Questions, get to know as many people as possible.

Providing real value to the firm, its clients, and its people while expanding your own personal brand
Washington, DC | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to travel: traveled weekly to client site to get the full feeling of a management consulting lifestyle

Work with client: interacted directly with client, and provided meaningful benefit as an intern

Part of the team: felt that I was a full member of the team and was encouraged to contribute at the same level as full time employees

Did not communicate assignment in advance of the internship, making it somewhat difficult to prepare

Great opportunity to get the full experience of a consultant, engage in meaningful work, and be considered a peer by your team

Advice to Management

Communicating assignments more clearly and before the start of the internship would allow us to make necessary arrangments (i.e., knowing if we will be traveling every week)

Hard work pays off at PwC
Pittsburgh, PA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects were getting to know your intern class, the resources the firm invested in you, the people you met, and the true look at the work you were performing.

Your experience can vary greatly depending on what client you are assigned to and what team you are a part of.

The internship is a great way to judge if audit is the direction you want to take.

I had a great experience filled with meaningful work, supportive and fun people, and an expansive opportunity to learn about the industry.
Boston, MA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship were the opportunities to build relationships both internally with other PwC colleagues, and externally at the client site. Additionally, I greatly enjoyed the opportunity to be involved in a client engagement and assist in producing quality and meaningful deliverables.

The only thing that I disliked about the internship was that it was too short.

Make sure to be outgoing and start building a network as soon as possible. I am so grateful for the many associates that took an interest in me and looked out for me over the course of the program. I also was able to make many friends among interns that I will continue to be close with and who really enhanced my intern experience. I would also recommend reaching out to managers and partners in other lines of service or even other verticals in order to learn as much as possible in the eight short weeks of the program.