4.6 of 5 stars (5,160 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Advance, Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 11-20 of 5,160 Intern Reviews

Eye opening

Houston, TX | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to work for a Large Professional Accounting company. The environment is great.

Because I was a START Intern, I was limited in some projects

They're very friendly and helpful. You are not expected to know anything

An incredible experience that encourages successful career progression

Stamford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Shadowing experiences and intern activities

I was working on something different everyday. It would be nice if we were assigned to a specific project and know what to expect everyday.

Be flexible with your schedule and be a team player. Network as much as possible and attend all intern events.

Advice to Management

I would say to improve the training program.

Tell me about yourself?
Why did you choose Accounting?
Why UConn?
Tell me a time when you had a conflict with your team.

Great people, great company and overall great experience

New Orleans, LA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Really phenomenal work environment with people who genuinely want to help you learn and reach tour career aspirations.

Nothing it was great

Make sure you like the people in your office. You spend to much time with them to not.

Great Opportunity to Constantly Be Learning

Atlanta, GA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great team, work schedule, every day was a difference task

Given the two weeks of Start and Launch, it's a really short amount of time you actually spend working on a project

There's a great group of people who actually care about your development and success.

An Advantageous Opportunity

Tampa, FL | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and work experience.

Using GoSystems.

Be yourself and take initiative to jump start your career, no one will hold your hand.

Great experience, pay, and training - AND a full time offer?!

San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were networking and getting to know more about the firm. I met a lot of people that I hope to see again when I start again with the firm as a full time associate. It was also a great opportunity to learn more in detail about the work that the firm does, such as the opportunity to go out to client sites and understand the client interactions more.

What I liked least about the internship was that it could have been more structured. I understand that it is difficult to manage hundreds of interns in a huge accounting firm, but it would have been nice if there was more structure to the internship that allowed us more guaranteed opportunities. Nevertheless, I also think the flexibility of the internship was a great way for everyone to get a different experience, as well as a way for individuals to make themselves stand out because it was not as structured as it could have been.

I recommend candidates to make the most out of their career as they can. I think what we get from our experiences in and out of the workpace are really up to us. That was certainly the case with my summer internship. Even though I really enjoyed working at PwC, I think it's crucial for candidates to critically evaluate potential employers and companies to make sure that they find the right fit for themselves so they can thrive in their workplace.

Advice to Management

Even though this doesn't apply to me as an intern, and I know it's a difficult issue to control in public accounting, I think the organization can take steps to help employees better manage their hours and their productivity. PwC has a lot of initiatives that encourage employees to be flexible and productive, but I am personally not looking forward to working 80 hour work weeks during busy season. Nevertheless, I have heard that for a lot of people, they enjoy working with their coworkers and it really might not be as bad as it seems when you are among friends. The time commitment might just be the nature of the beast. I hope management can help employees more with managing their time and supporting them during those stressful times.

Why did you choose accounting?

Strengths quest

Saint Louis, MO | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands on opportunity, treat you as full time

Long days

Consider the amount of opportunities to live in and work on any client or place you want

Conquering the professional workplace: PwC jump-starts Student Careers

Louisville, KY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The personal connections made, and the relationships gained.

The long work hours were tough at times. But they were understandable. In the world of Auditing a lot of work is needed to be done in a short amount of time. So long hours are necessary during busy season.

Be ready to work hard, but know that you will reap many rewards for your long hours and good work.

Advice to Management

I believe that the organization can continue to improve work/life balance. There is a fine line, but as the technology continues to get better, consider more remote work opportunities.

Learned a lot

New York, NY | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

exposure to many different areas of finance and accounting

some clients are better than others

great company to give you exposure to financial services

My internship experience was great and I believe I have found the place where I want to be.

Stamford, CT | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

It was a good mix of fun and learning

Sometimes a lot of hours

Don't be afraid to speak up and ask questions

Advice to Management

Some people take longer to learn than others. If say to be patient with those kids.

Favorite class besides accounting?
What do you like to do outside of school?