4.6 of 5 stars (8,386 Ratings)

Intern at PwC Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Displaying 11-20 of 8,386 Intern Reviews

Tremendous learning experience with invaluable support from everyone in PwC

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands down, the people. Extremely talented and very supportive. Despite their busy schedules, they manage to find time to guide you on your internship.
Amazing professional opportunities in the future if consulting interests you.

The compensation is slightly below that of the competitors

Through the networking I did, I knew pretty much everything I needed to know about the firm before I started my internship. I guess that's the advice I would give - network with the practitioners and ask your questions without hesitation. For instance, I had managed to staff myself on a project a month before I joined the firm for the internship, simply because I reached out to the recruiting team and requested a specific project.

Advice to Management

Probably increase the compensation levels to match industry standards. The firm has the best reputation among the top 4 consulting firms and that should reflect in its pay structure as well

Advance your life in all aspects imaginable.

Rochester, NY | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The high hourly rate.

Sometimes there isn't enough work because its not busy season.

For the most part, everyone values inclusion and diversity.

Phenomenal Experience at PwC

Boston, MA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best part of the internship has to be the integration into a team and the interaction with teammates at several different levels of their respective careers. At PwC you really get the chance to see what it's like at different points of your career and work with many different people.

The thing I liked least about the internship is that occasionally there wasn't a whole lot to do. Unfortunately the summer isn't really the company's busy season, and at times that can be frustrating as an intern.

Understand that during the recruiting process when they talk about the work-life balance and flexibility they really mean it. When I was being recruited I obviously liked hearing about flexibility but actually seeing it in person has been a unique experience.

Uncharted Waters: The Life of a Consultant

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Career Development (Received lots of feedback and coaching throughout by everybody, specifically the coach who I was assigned)
-Learning(Got to really learn the back office and shared service business processes of my client, understood how the midstream business works)
-Responsibility(Was really treated like an associate)
-Encouraged to step outside of my comfort zone (Intern Summer Experience presentation, asking lots of questions)

-Due to the stage of the project, our main job was to capture the business requirements. I wish I could have dived into the data analytics more than I did. I also which I could have helped in the strategy decisions of my client as well.

Go into the project with an open mind towards consulting. Be prepared to be put on any project and go into it positively. You'll never know how much you can learn on a given project. Be a sponge and learn how corporate America really works.

Advice to Management

-I worked a lot of hours, but I think that is just the consulting industry.
-I believe I could have been caught up to speed better when I first came aboard my project.

1. Case study question/interview?
2. Why consulting? Why PwC?
3. What differentiates you from everybody else?
4. Some technical accounting/finance questions. What is WACC (what does it mean and what is the formula)?

Great

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Culture, people, real client experience

Short time.

Tons of great experience

PwC is a place where opportunity meets a great work environment to be in. The culture overall is wonderful.

Philadelphia, PA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to network with along with the activities they had planned for us.

When working with supervisors, some would have vacations planned the week we were to work with them.

The internship is more about how you would work in a team environment rather than how well you can do the work.

Advice to Management

More communication to supervisors so that we have ample time to work closer with them.

Name your strengths and weaknesses.
Think of a time where you displayed leadership.
How well do you work in a team.

Great learning experience at PwC

Cleveland, OH | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet all the employees and learning about the culture

Performing duties such as scanning

You will learn a lot and don't be afraid to ask questions

Advice to Management

n/a

How do you see yourself fitting in?
Where would you get your tax news from?

One of the most rewarding experiences I've experienced.

Claremont, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The quality of people that around me....I also got to travel to California..

When I was at the client site there weren't any people my age which can get lonely.

I wish I knew that it is necessary to network even after entering the firm but I learned quickly.

Advice to Management

Continuous communication after accepting internship offer

Best Summer Ever