Amazing

The work environment and the people in my office

The early morning commute

Make sure to enjoy the work place and network with other professionals as these could build long lasting relationships

Date: 2013

Great way to get a feel for the firm's culture and see if you are a good fit with the firm.

The opportunity to work on many different clients and engagements which gave me a variety of different experiences.

There is a decent portion of time where there is not enough work during the summer so you spend time sitting around.

Make sure to ask a lot of questions and be open to new opportunities. You may think you don't know how to do something but chances are you can figure it out if you think about and if you can't figure it out, people will be there to help you.

Advice to Management

Try to find other ways to keep interns busy if there is no work available. I have heard a lot of stories of interns sitting around doing nothing for a healthy portion of the day.

Chesterfield Native Enjoys First Taste of the Professional World

interacting with the other interns, working at clients and beginning to understand audit systems/processes

ocassional periods of time with little work to do

PwC people are fantastic, everyone is very bright and knows how to get work done while still making work an enjoyable place. There will always be someone to help you with any question you may have and assist you in your development as well.

Advice to Management

fewer hours (not for interns, for full time hires)

Date: 2013

Becoming a professional while learning how to mulittask and work as a team

Working with a great engagement team. Doing work an associate would do

Could have had more social events for specific industries, the bigger events made it a little difficult to build stronger relationships with a few people although they did allow for meeting a larger number of people but at a shallower level

Keep a to-do/task list for each day, put the list in priority order - this will be very helpful for multitasking different assignments.

Advice to Management

When deciding on a certain template, instead of sending it up to the manager for changes and then having the manager send it back with changes, and then doing this process about 3 times over, have the prepaper and reviewer set up a meeting to go over the template so a middle ground can be reached sooner. This will save time and help the preparers move along with numerous items they have to apply this template to. It seems like there are too many team meetings interspersed throughout a day. This prevents individuals from preparing or reviewing their assigned work for a long block of time. Instead, they are currently interupted every hour for a meeting which will then slow down their work productivity. Meetings should be in the morning and only in the morning. Most of the day should be spent on actually doing the work being discussed in meetings.

The Most Fulfilling Internship Available

The best aspects of my internship were learning a great deal about the audit process, forming lasting relationships with my engagement team, and immersing in the professional culture of PwC.

There was nothing that I disliked about my internship with PwC.

You will get out of the internship what you put into it. Attend all of the events, form relationships with your engagement team, and understand how the tasks you are assigned contribute to the audit process.

Advice to Management

I have no recommendations. I had a terrific internship experience and I hope to continue my internship as a full-time employee next year.

Building a Network, a Brand, and a Career with PwC

-Great mentoring/coaching opportunities -Staff trusts interns with real work experiences (you aren't just doing busy work) -Regular feedback is built into the internship structure -Amazing extracurricular intern networking opportunities

-Capped at 40 hours of work per week (unable to see/experience real work hours) -2 of the 8 weeks are training/debriefing related, so there are only 6 weeks on the job -Unable to provide preferences about your market sector prior to internship

PwC is a great place to serve as an intern. You will be treated well, with amazing networking opportunities, great work experiences, individualized coaching and mentoring, and perks upon perks. PwC is not a pretentious place to work; everyone is down to earth and willing to talk to you about their own experiences. That humility and realness can only be achieved because everyone there does excellent work. Good work is recognized, and once you do that, the mentality seems to be, "we know we do great work, so let's focus on building relationships, having fun, and enriching your experience."

Advice to Management

As an internship, the experience is fantastic with amzing experience upon amazing experience. However, there are often opportunities for interns to plug in and enrich themselves, but--because of the 40 hour week maximum--those experiences take time away from our work and our teams. I didn't want to sacrifice work opportunities and sometimes felt put in a difficult position as a result.

Work Hard, Play Hard

People, pay, knowledge

Bad coffee in the office

Be prepared to work hard and play harder

Advice to Management

Don't limit the interns hours

Outstanding Experience

It gave me a preview of what I will be doing once I start full time. I learned a great amount through the help of team members explainations and hands on work that further sharpened my skill set.

The thing I liked least about the internship was the downtime when I didn't have a task to do.

All of the people I met were outstanding professionals that were willing to help and were concerned with your learning.

Advice to Management

If they could make Aura, the audit software, more user friendly I believe the audit would be completed more efficiently.

Date: 2013

Successful PwC interns receive a full-time offer and a trip to Disney!

The best aspect of this internship was the resources PwC provided, mainly the investment they put in developing your career. Contingent upon a full time offer, PwC takes the interns along with partners and other staff to Disney for a three day program filled with professional development activites.

The part I liked least was that we were not able to work overtime.

I would definitely recommend PwC because they invest in you and get to know you on a personal level. They also give interns that are successful a full time offer, which is usually most or all of the intern class.

Advice to Management

I think PwC has tackled many issues to make it a better work place, but continuing to promote flexibility would be beneficial to employees.

Date: 2013

Incredible learning experience with great people that gives the intern a real life look into auditing.

The opportunities to network with all levels of employees. The people I worked with seemed to enjoy their jobs and were willing to welcome me to the team.

The length of the internship was a bit short.

Take advantage of all the opportunities provided to you for networking with all levels of employees including partners, directors, associates, and other interns.

SALARY FINDER

• 50
  • 75
  • 100
  • 100+
Yearly Salary Range (US$ Thousands)