The Lengthy Journey

I learned a lot.

a lot of late nights. Too many hours!!

be prepared to work hard, but you will benefit a lot from it.

Date: 2013

A summer filled with growth and opportunity; push the limits and discover your place in the firm.

The people I had the opportunity to work with.

Dealing with food coma after lunch

Don't get overwhelmed! Start each day with a fresh mind and be ready to learn something new. If today was the same as yesterday then today was a waste. Grasp every opportunity and personalize the internship to your growth because it will benefit both you and the firm in the long run.

Date: 2013

Fulfilling, educational, real life experience

compensation, experience, lessons learned

a lot to learn about from the beginning

Great firm to start with and great summer intership experience

Work Hard, Play Hard

People, pay, knowledge

Bad coffee in the office

Be prepared to work hard and play harder

Advice to Management

Don't limit the interns hours

Expanding your comfort zone

Exposure to the profession

Would have liked more contact with full time employees.

Always ask question and take advantage of the time you have during your internship.

A Taste of Real Life Opportunity with PwC

I have had unbelievable opportunities, such as working one on one with a partner on a special project. I also have had the ability to network with so many people as well as partake in community service events and other firm-wide events. I also have been able to shadow several people, whom all hold different positions, and I have experienced four different clients, giving me a good feel for different work environments. I have also been able to interact with the client. Also, the people at PwC are so great and all are willing to help and coach you along the way.

Some days were pretty long due to a Q2 review on a complicated client who was in the midst of changing an accrual estimate.

This organization is full of great people who really help you. The coaching program is very strong and it gives many opportunities that help you develop and grow. While this organization works very hard, there are also many rewards of working hard too.

A Preview of Your Future

Getting to work on actual projects with my coworkers.

I did not have any cons.

Always be available to those you work with, so that you are able to experience different types of work.

Advice to Management

Try to get interns to work on as many types of projects as possible.

Date: 2013

The company went above and beyond my expectations. I was trusted with the responsibilities of a first-year employee.

Inclusive company culture. Employees' willingness to explain and teach interns. The constant work-load, hardly any of which was "busy work". Access to and relationships with company directors and partners.

The only part of my internship that I failed to prepare myself for was the fairly long hours of work throughout the early-spring busy season.

Be prepared to put in a fairly signification amount of hours if hired during a busy season. Do not be afraid to ask questions, but also know when to ask and whether or not it is something you can figure out on your own. Make connections/friendships within your "team". If you find yourself out of work, ask others around you if they could use help (you're help will be greatly appreciated). Participate in group activities and outings.

Advice to Management

PwC's training program was very well organized and executed. They planned dinners and social gatherings exclusively for interns to network and share their experiences. I felt that I was fairly compensated for my work and was warned about the long hours ahead of time.

Date: 2013

More valuable than a semester of class.

Learning opportunities, getting to know fellow team members, seeing college studies put to use in real life situations.

I enjoyed the entire process.

Invest time with your fellow teammates and make sure the firm's culture is for you.

Advice to Management

Everything that I was a part of was superior.

Date: 2013

Great People, Great Opportunties, Great Experience - Absolutely no compliants.

The best aspects of the internship was working in a client facing enviornment and working with fantastic people that enjoyed coming to work every single day.

There is not much I did not like about the internship, I dislike how short it is compared other other internship programs.

PwC is a place to be yourself and be accepted as a unique indvidual. The internship comes with challenges but it will ready you for the professional world.

Advice to Management

I believe the amount of training was perfect and compenstation was great. If anything, I would extend the program to last for 10 weeks rather than 8 weeks.