PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 11-20 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

Amazing real world public accounting experience with a firm that is sure to encourage personal and career growth.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The way I was able to learn from experienced professionals was the best part. There was no hierarchy and everyone treated me as an equal. I was able to learn very fast because of this and I felt I made a real contribution.

My least favorite part of the internship was that is was only 8 weeks long!

As an intern just make sure to be professional, work hard, and ask questions.

Name a time when you worked in a group and how one person was not up to par. What did you do?

What is one word you would use to describe yourself?

Advice to Management

Management could take more time to explain tasks needed and what the big picture goal is for each task.

The PwC Experience: Great People and Challenging Work Create Real Development
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Incredible people, multiple intern social events, consistent and continual feedback, challenges interns

The recruiting team did a poor job communicating with interns once we were placed on clients, the internship felt short (only 6 weeks with clients)

Be yourself: PwC is all about personalities. They do not expect you to have a cookie cutter personality.

I actually interviewed with the firm only once in the winter of 2013. During the interview, I answered a couple basic questions about myself (strengths, weaknesses, when I've encountered a situation in which I had to report poor behavior of my coworker to a manager) but primarily spent the interview talking with the interviewer.

Advice to Management

The one concern with the accounting industry is the number of people who leave when they are promoted to Senior Associate (usually 2-3 years after being hired) due to the harshness of the hours and the pressures placed on this particular position. I think they need to rethink this position to better attract more people to the industry and retain more employees.

Fun public accounting learning experience
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

networking, learning opportunities, Launch at Disney after completion of the internship

No national training

Talk to as many employees as you can to judge if PwC will be a good fit for you

Meaningful and rewarding work experience!
Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hours, pay, location, other employees.

Nothing, it was a great experience.

Be prepared to put in long hours, but you will be fairly compensated and treated well.

The beginning of a great career at a excellent Firm.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and on the job training

None noted.

Work hard, play hard!

My Amazing Summer
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Work-life balance

Long hours

Be yourself! Most people at the firm want you to have a good personality.

My interviewers didn't ask me very many questions. It was more of a conversation than an interview.

PwC gave me the opportunity to complete hight-level tasks in a team environment while making connections with their people.
Cincinnati, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The PwC employees were very helpful in making sure I had an understanding of the work I was performing. I could always ask questions comfortably and the employees would work with me one-on-one to fully complete each task. The employees gave very helpful feedback. I was able to gain a great understanding of the work I was performing. Employees were always open to making new connections. The PwC Launch program at Disney World helped me network with other interns that received offers, as well as partners from all over the nation.

Right before the audit began and after it was completed, I didn't have too many tasks to complete.

Going into an internship with PwC keep an open mind, get to know as many employees as you can, and be willing to ask questions and for performance feedback. Take advantage of the many opportunities that PwC will open up for you.

Advice to Management

N/A

Accounting Outside the Classroom
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given responsibility over a group of interns on the engagement which I worked on after they recognized my abilities. I felt like I was treated like a full time employee and got a very good feel of what it was like to work at Price. I didn't just want them to wine and dine me (although they still did). I thought there was a good balance of real work, testing my competency, and rewarding me for my hard work.

I didn't dislike any part of my internship.

Price is the largest of the Big 4 in Boston and is the leader in Assurance for a number of industries. I would recommend PwC over the other Big 4 firms if you want to get an idea of what working for the Big 4 is like.

Give me an example of a time you used networking to solve a problem.

Talk about your previous work experience.

Why do you want to work for PwC?

Why do you want to be an auditor?

Do you have any questions for me (this is an important question that isn't just for your benefit!)?

Talk about your school experience?

Advice to Management

PwC is moving forward appropriately.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Quick learning curve, invaluable experience
Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability for growth within the firm, the option for training, firm leadership

Long hours some days, but not really anything

Always be willing to take on new challenges, be ready for the unexpected, there are many times when you will not have much work to do and that is okay, but just be open to new experiences.

Tell me about a time you succeeded, and a time when you failed.

What is the most important thing on your resume to you?

Was given various brain teasers

Tell me about why you would be a good fit for the firm? What can you bring to the firm?

Advice to Management

Bigger office space, interns were not allowed to have desks because of the lack of desks available for associates

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Fast Paced Quality Experience that Will Prepare you for your future.
Toledo, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with great teams and feeling like you were completing meaningful tasks.

We were required to submit several administrative forms about the internship almost back to back. So the information did not change very much from each one and it seemed very redundant.

Engage yourself and take on tasks you may not normally do. That way you will get the most out of your experience.

Describe a time where you experienced a tough decision and how did you overcome/work through that decision.

Advice to Management

The Starting Salaries seem to be a little lower than some of the competitors starting salaries.