4.6 of 5 stars (2,560 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 2,560 Intern Reviews

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

Once in a lifetime opportunity

Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, opportunities, growth, teamwork, exposure, and development

Length of internship. Too short

Be open to new and diverse opportunities, be consistent, and keep a positive attitude

PwC has the best people and culture. It also creates an unforgettable internship experience.

Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, work I did was enjoyable, received work at just the right pace, travel opportunities, pay, hours, and downtown office.

The feedback system was not based on "real-time" feedback.

PwC will give you an unforgettable experience. They will treat you with respect and help you develop to feel like a true professional. Some highlights of the internship aside from the people are: great coaching, good pay, good hours as an intern, work that is not just "busy work" and travel opportunities to really cool cities.

Advice to Management

As I mentioned before, the feedback system was not extremely efficient. I only had three "formal" feedback reviews throughout the 8 weeks.

Busy season external audit with Pwc

Minneapolis, MN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Invaluable Experience, great people

Hours (but to be expected)

One of the best places to begin a career in accounting.

Why do you want to work here and in this field.

How would you respond in this situation.

(mostly behavioral questions)

A glance on life as a PWC Auditor

Tampa, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interns are treated like first year employees and perform very valuable work towards the completion of the audit.

Working on Saturdays. Although we were compensated for the overtime which made it not so bad.

Network with as many co-workers as possible and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Developing as a Public Accountant

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Plenty of opportunity, best system of technical education in the field, vast (tangibles and intangibles) resources to accomplish any tasks

Pressure not to work past the 40 hours (at which point OT starts)

Work as much as you can and create a good impression of yourself on your seniors and their peers.

PwC Tax Intern Works on Real Clients

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I did work on real clients that allowed for me to view several different nuances of the tax perspective of a business. Actually getting to prepare tax returns for a couple types of business and individuals helped to broaden my knowledge and strengthen my skills in the field of tax accounting.

I didn't like the training conference we had; I felt it was too high level and more based on the technology we used. Even after the training I learned the skills better and learned more on the job than at the training.

You will be working on real life situations/clients and gain a great experience through the people you work with. Be willing to learn and ask questions, because its easier to work with everyone when you are willing to gain more knowledge.

What word best describes you? What kind of person are you?

Advice to Management

The Columbus office had a problem with employee retention, but I feel that they have taken care of it even before I left, by hiring a couple new employees to the staff.

Best Accounting Internship in the World

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of hands on experience you receive.

The commute.

There is no greater accounting firm. PwC looks out for every single employee.

A valuable opportunity to learn and grow

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Working with a team

- Learning new software/computer skills

- Having opportunities to communicate with the client

- Having the ability to juggle many different tasks

- Having the opportunity to learn about the audit

There were a few weeks of downtime where I wasn't assigned much work.

To future interns, you need to ask as many questions as you can in order to get a good understanding of what you are doing and how it fits into the audit. You need to understand not only WHAT you are doing, but WHY you are doing it. You will feel more valuable to the team and learn a lot more about the audit if you do this. Also, be patient if work is slow in the beginning.

What line of service are you interested in?

Please elaborate on ____________ experience and how it has helped you become prepared for working.

Explain your largest leadership experience.

Advice to Management

Try to get as many interns scheduled on jobs as soon as possible. Downtime is hard as an intern. Also, as mentors and managers, there should be adequate training on how to explain various firm or audit related topics to the interns. Communication is key when hiring an intern.