PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Overall Intern Rating (4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

An opportunity to Grow
Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Full engagement, high responsibility, high reward
Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The hands on career development offered

I didn't get a chance to travel

Be prepared to learn about something, whether a skill set or industry, that you don't know something about. Remember that no one expects you to be an expert, but they do expect you to learn quickly.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

The least "intern" like internship (aka no coffee runs and copies)
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt that I truly understand what the work level of a first year associate looked like rather than just doing coffee runs and making copies. I learned ALOT of valuable information during my 8 weeks with PwC.

Extremely long hours during the second quarter close.

Be positive, open to constructive criticism, and accept every task with a smile.

Describe your greatest strength/weakness, tell me about yourself, challenging group situation.

Advice to Management

"flex hours" were not as flexible as they let on so a way to really make employees feel that they can benefit from flex fridays etc.

When Hard Work Meets Fun
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet all of the other interns from schools all across the country. Having a close relationship with my client team.

I wish it was longer.

Be flexible and willing to learn.

Accounting Outside the Classroom
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was given responsibility over a group of interns on the engagement which I worked on after they recognized my abilities. I felt like I was treated like a full time employee and got a very good feel of what it was like to work at Price. I didn't just want them to wine and dine me (although they still did). I thought there was a good balance of real work, testing my competency, and rewarding me for my hard work.

I didn't dislike any part of my internship.

Price is the largest of the Big 4 in Boston and is the leader in Assurance for a number of industries. I would recommend PwC over the other Big 4 firms if you want to get an idea of what working for the Big 4 is like.

Give me an example of a time you used networking to solve a problem.

Talk about your previous work experience.

Why do you want to work for PwC?

Why do you want to be an auditor?

Do you have any questions for me (this is an important question that isn't just for your benefit!)?

Talk about your school experience?

Advice to Management

PwC is moving forward appropriately.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Review until you get to Dallas.
Ft. Worth, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Once you are involved with a client, you are really able to see and understand the process of how to prepare returns.

I honestly wish it was a little bit longer of an internship. I feel like the time flew by.

Make sure to schedule meetings with career coaches early so that they may assist you to get involved with as many opportunities as possible.

Advice to Management

During the internship, I wish that the interns could have all been situated closer to one another in the office.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

PwC, Where Everyone is Supportive and the Tax Returns Matter.
Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The whole office is so supportive of one another. They are very helpful when it comes to the actual work, but they are also genuinely interested in your life--how you like the city, what you're up to, etc.

I regret not being able to shadow a Manager or Partner more. I was able to go out to lunch and be introduced to executives at other companies, but I would have enjoyed seeing what a Manager does on a typical day.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes! I think it impressed the other employees how many questions I asked. They like to see you eager to learn. So if you make a mistake, don't fret; learn from it!

What are some things you are looking for in an internship?

Why did you select Nashville as your city of preference?

Advice to Management

I can't complain about anything in the office. I do however wish we had bigger desks as interns.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

The beginning of a great career at a excellent Firm.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking and on the job training

None noted.

Work hard, play hard!

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Quick learning curve, invaluable experience
Washington, DC | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability for growth within the firm, the option for training, firm leadership

Long hours some days, but not really anything

Always be willing to take on new challenges, be ready for the unexpected, there are many times when you will not have much work to do and that is okay, but just be open to new experiences.

Tell me about a time you succeeded, and a time when you failed.

What is the most important thing on your resume to you?

Was given various brain teasers

Tell me about why you would be a good fit for the firm? What can you bring to the firm?

Advice to Management

Bigger office space, interns were not allowed to have desks because of the lack of desks available for associates

Growing your future
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training , coaching , level of work assigned.

Feedback given

Be ready to get assigned real work

Describe a motto you live by

Advice to Management

Compensation could be improved