4.6 of 5 stars (2,560 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 2,560 Intern Reviews

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

Amazing

Stamford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people

Nothing, it was all positive

Great company to work for

Great start to a career in finance

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

overtime pay, working with young people

Enjoyed the ability to get hands on experience and lots of coaching/mentoring

The more you put in the more you get out.

Seeing varies taxation professionals' life through an intern's eyes

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects, I think , are the coaching and shadowing experiences. Each intern was assigned a peer buddy, coach, and relationship partner. my peer buddy was an associate and he helped me get familiar with the office and the administration tasks. My coach, who was a manager, provided me advice that were helpful to achieve my goals during the internship. I met with my relationship partner once to discuss career opportunities. Although he was travelling very often, we were able to communicate through emails. There were also many informal mentors. One of my seniors explained to me the different functions of several other groups, when I was granted extra interview opportunities with some specialist groups. One disadvantage I had during the internship was that all my engagements were compliance function so I was lacking the client-facing experiences. However, my coach, relationship partner, and engagement team manager allowed me to shadow them during their client meetings. Those were important meetings that helped me not only gained the client-facing experiences but also understood the roles of each PwC staff.

Although the firm often had networking events for interns, I found it difficult to retain relationships, especially people that were not in my group.

When accounting and taxation students look for an internship or full-time job, they usually compare the big four. It is hard to say one is better than the other, but I recommend these students to consider the following areas: coaching opportunities (i.e. how much time your official coach will devote to you? how easy can you connect to other informational mentors?), training (i.e. besides formal training, are there on-site teaching? does the firm require senior or experienced associates to help/training the new joiners?), diversity (i.e. how diverse, in terms of cultural, gender, education backgrounds, your group and the firm are?), culture of the firm/ group (i.e. does your group or the firm encourages questions and contributions from the new joiners? what are your interviewers' reactions to your questions during the interviews?), and career advancement (i.e. what credential(s) are required to get promoted? is your group supportive when you request a rotation to another group?)

- (I had auditing experiences) Why do you choose tax over auditing?

- Give me an example of you leading a team

- Why do you think you are better than the other?

- Are you planning to move to another city/ country?

Advice to Management

Please share more of your experiences to the new joiners

A comprehensive experience as a first year associate at a Big Four Accounting Firm

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture, the environment, the people, the work, the opportunity to learn and grow as a young professional

8 weeks was too short

If you have the opportunity to be involved with this company, take it. You will learn a lot and have fun along the way.

Advice to Management

Have training be more specified to the team you are joining.

A Quality Learning Experience

Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I learned a lot about accounting as a career field, and I also really felt integrated with the teams that I was a part of during my time at PwC. I was always given work that had a level of importance in the grand scheme of the audit process.

I didn't like that we had 2 weeks of training followed by a week off and then 5 weeks of work. The 5 weeks comprised of 3 on one client and 2 on another. I didn't feel like 2 weeks on my second client was enough to really settle in and get to learn as much as I did on the first client, so I would have preferred to have forgone the week off in favor of 2 engagements of 3 weeks each.

None particularly. A great characteristic of the firm is how transparent they are about everything.

Work Hard, Play Hard, Big Bucks

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with.

The hours during "busy season" (Jan-March)

Be prepared to work and be prepared to be treated as a professional from the get-go

The best decision of my career

Nashville, TN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The great atmosphere

Doing the same assignment for different companies instead of more assignments with one company

Keep and open mind and ask questions when they arise

Spend the summer learning about accounting basics and PwC's culture and (most likely) get a job

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were very helpful- PwC set us up with a coaching team, and I felt as if all the members of my team truly cared about how I was doing. The pay was great, and the chances of getting a full-time offer were very high. I also was able to spend a week of my internship in Brussels, Belgium, which was an incredible opportunity.

Sometimes there wasn't enough work to keep me busy; however, summer is a slow season for tax professionals, so this was expected.

PwC employees are role models- I saw in them what I hope to see in myself in the future. They are hard-working, intelligent, driven professionals. Surrounding yourself with PwC employees will ensure that you have a bright future ahead.

There were some behavioral questions, but the majority of the interviews felt more like conversations than interviews.