Frueh Breaks into World of Accounting

The best part was actually doing the work of a first year associate. I was trusted with reponsibilities and treated as a first year which is different than other places I've interened where I'm treated as someone only there for a few weeks. People at PwC got to know me and invested time getting to know me which I appreciated. The pay was competitive too.

Its the nature of the profession is such that you're always portable - this was nice when it gave you a change of scenery but its not like you always have your own desk and you lose a bit of the "office comrodery" that way. The Risk Assurance team made up for it in other social events, but I would have liked to been exposed to more people WHILE I was at work (and not just social events).

Its all about who you "click" with. When you go to networking events, don't just meet the recruiters/associates, meet the other people applying. At all the Big 4 events, I could gage the room and get a feel for what it would be like with the same group in an office setting. Those mixer/networking events that are firm specific are key - look at how the associates talk to each other or whether they stay in the same group or not. That will give you a good indicator of how it will feel at their social events.

Advice to Management

I would really like to see groups within the office form for different activities, similar to the sports teams. Its always hard to start but it would be cool to kind of "join a club" within the firm. Clubs could be groups of people who like to see Browadway plays, or do wine tastings, or take a trip to the beach some Saturday. This would be a great way to have people in different lines of service meet.

Never Stop Learning

Everyone is willing to help the interns in improving and learning.

Nothing really. I like this great experience.

A great internship if you are thinking about a career in accounting industry

Date: 2013

Stretch your mind, Spin your wheels, and Learn infinitely more than you can imagine.

The intern events were incredible- we went to an Astros game and saw the play Wicked. The partners and other employees were great in reaching out to us. I felt very welcomed! I absolutely always had someone to answer my questions. I never felt like I was on my own.

The hours required

Get ready to work A LOT, but it will be rewarding. Don't take it too seriously, or you will stress yourself out beyond belief. We are not saving lives here, we are preparing tax returns, and if you have to leave at 7pm, then leave! You don't have to stay until midnight everynight. Pwc is extremly flexible as long as you speak up and communicate.

Advice to Management

I think things are fine the way they are!

The most about public accounting that you will ever learn.... in 8 weeks

The best aspect of the internship is the opprtunities that the firm gives you to connect with peers and leaders within the firm.

I wish the internship could have been longer.

This is an excellent company to intern for. I never felt afraid to ask questions and felt as though I could ask anyone for help. Because most of the current associates also participated in the internship, they know what you are going through, and want to make sure you have the best experience possible. You get insight into what it is truly like to be a public accountant; PwC doesnt fluff it up.

Advice to Management

Training for the program is very long and sometimes boring. I would recommend them extending training to one and a half weeks so that they days are not quite as long.

PwC Advance: Earning your future one step at a time

One of the best aspects of the internship was the extremely diverse set of assignments that I had the opportunity to tackle. The diversity made it a much more enriching learning opportunity. Furthermore, the team I worked on made the internship quite an enjoyable experience.

The worst parts of the internship were the slow days when I felt that I was neither learning or doing anything productive for the firm.

The most important thing is to keep an open minded and optimistic attitude about everything in order to maximize the internship experience.

Advice to Management

The organization can have a more lax environment at times in order to avoid a higher level of stress when unnecessary.

Date: 2013

A fast paced learning experience.

Meaningful work, working in teams, travel, and pay.

Lack of exposure to different lines of service.

Be open to learning new things. Often times you are given a task that you have no idea of how to complete it. Be able to adapt and learn on the job.

Advice to Management

Employee retention.

An Excellent Opportunity

The best aspects of the internship were the flexability and coaching throughout. I was able to make my own schedule as long as all of my work got done. I also got excellent coaching and feedback on everything I did.

I really did enjoy everything about my internship and would not change anything.

the best information I can share would be to not be afraid to ask questions. Everyone is here to help you.

Advice to Management

I think it is a great place to work and would not change anything!

Date: 2013

Gaining career and lifetime experience through client interaction and valuable colleague relationsihps.

Networking and creating valuable relationships with other PwC employees, increasing my technical knowledge through my client engagement, and getting a real feel for the life of consulting.

There were a few periods of down time, but they were very rare and I was usually busy with client deliverables.

I would tell them that they will be very welcomed and cared about at PwC. Everyone receives a peer buddy and career coach, who check in on you every step of the way. Both of them and HR really care about you reaching your goals and making the most out of your experience.

Date: 2013

Realistic view of how PwC can help Advance your career.

The best aspect of the internship was the people. Everyone in the company is very friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Everyone within PwC wants to help you grow into a better professional and individual without changing who you are. I received great coaching and mentorship throughout my entire internship by people who wanted to help me.

There really wasn't anything I disliked about my internship.

The best advice I can give to potential interns would be to take opportunities. PwC provides many opportunities for its interns if they demonstrate that they are interested in them. Don't wait for opportunities to be given to you, or people to tell you to apply for things, take the initiative and just do it.

Advice to Management

PwC has really taken an effort to make the work-life balance great. They provide with vacation time, competitive compensation, expense reimbursement, and realistic hours. PwC is also focusing on flexibility, diversity, and an increased use and knowledge of benefits provided.

Simply amazing.

I believe some of the best aspects of the internship were the strong focus on team building and creating strong relationships. I also really enjoyed the people I worked with. Everyone is always more than willing to help out and provide insight that will help you down the road.

If I had to change one thing about the internship I would try to move the line of service breakfasts closer together in the beginning of the internship to give all of the interns more exposure to all areas of the firm and give them a chance to meet and find out a little something about their intern class before getting really caught up in their client work.

Always keep a positive attitude and show that you are willing to learn.