PwC's Internship Experience

VAULT RANKINGS >> #4 Best Consulting Internships  /  #5 Best Accounting Internships  /  #16 Best Overall Internships

4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

An opportunity to Grow
Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

real-life auditing experience
Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting paid and actually getting to work on an audit, not just making copies for people.

only had the opportunity to work on one client during the entire summer

ask lots of questions because there are many different industries and clients you can get involved in and your happiness is vital so choose an industry that interests you

where do you see yourself in 5 years. Describe more about your resume.

Advice to Management

employee retention and actually utilizing the flexibility options

Professional and collaborative environment.
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office culture.

Consistency of project flow.

Great place if you highly value work-life balance.

PwC culture reflects the fact that employees take their work seriously but not themselves.
Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

So many events and people who were sincerely invested in my success!

Too short! And not enough work.

Take advantage of every opportunity! PwC does an amazing job offering interns opportunities in and out of their assigned line of service. The summer is so short, try not to miss out on any of them!

A great learning experience!
Baltimore, MD | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Building relationships and applying knowledge from school to the job.

It was short.

Ask a lot of questions!

Describe a situation when you were in a team and what role you played.

Advice to Management

Continually improving work life balance.

The least "intern" like internship (aka no coffee runs and copies)
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt that I truly understand what the work level of a first year associate looked like rather than just doing coffee runs and making copies. I learned ALOT of valuable information during my 8 weeks with PwC.

Extremely long hours during the second quarter close.

Be positive, open to constructive criticism, and accept every task with a smile.

Describe your greatest strength/weakness, tell me about yourself, challenging group situation.

Advice to Management

"flex hours" were not as flexible as they let on so a way to really make employees feel that they can benefit from flex fridays etc.

Grow your own way
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to be myself and bring something valuable to the table

The internship was way too short

If you want to go into public accounting, PwC is the place to go

Advice to Management

way more diversity

When Hard Work Meets Fun
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet all of the other interns from schools all across the country. Having a close relationship with my client team.

I wish it was longer.

Be flexible and willing to learn.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Advance provided me with the best summer I have had. I learned, I networked, and I gave back. Starting full time can't come soon enough.
Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC provides superior training, coaching, and support. The resources were there if we needed them. With the structure of the internship program, we as interns were able to interact with many senior individuals with in the firm which provided insight into the different roles that make up the team.

This is a hard question to answer as there were really no cons! I guess a con would be that the internship was indoors during the beautiful summer weather.

Think about what your personal values are. If these align with the values of the company, then it is a match. You want to surround yourself with people who care about similar things as you, so make sure you understand what the firm as a whole holds as their values. For example, I think it is important to give back and that is why I feel so strongly about joining a company like PwC.

What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?

And always have questions for your interviewer!

A Memorable Learning Experience that will Assure You that You Chose the Right Major
Indianapolis, IN | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People

Ability to learn so much in a little over 2 months

Pay

The hours can become a lot but that is what allowed me to learn so much

This prestigious firm treats its employees so well to ensure that their job experience is nothing short of remarkable.

Describe a time you led a group through a problem in order to reach a solution.

What is your worst characteristic?

What made you want to do public accounting?

Advice to Management

Sometimes I felt like their were a few too many e-learns which are videos that help in regards to training. Sometimes it seemed overwhelming in addition to all the hours I worked. However, even though it was a lot, they truly did help and they were very interesting. It may be helpful if the e-learns were shortened a tad bit.