4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

An opportunity to Grow
Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Best summer of my life
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Exposure to client service

The lack or rotation on clients

Have an open mind. The most important part is getting in the door and after a short time you will be able to experience the LOs you desire.

Tell me a time that you had to lead a team during a difficult situation?

Advice to Management

More help with relocation cost and housing

Busy season immersion experience
Austin, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people on the teams, building on knowledge from the classroom in real life

Other interns were stuck on really bad clients and this did not accept their offers

If you get stuck on a terrible client during your internship, it doesn't necessarily mean you will be stuck on it full time

Advice to Management

I was lucky in that I was moved to different clients but other interns were stuck on night mare clients the entire time. No amount of compensation made the experience worth it and it really have them a bad opinion of the firm. It would have been better to rotate those interns off that horrible job for at least a small time during those 8 weeks

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Real-Life Auditing Experience in a Fast-Paced, Exciting Environment!
San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real-life exposure to the auditing practice with realistic responsibilities and expectations for the future

Sometimes felt coddled due to lack of overall experience

If you mesh well with the staff, you will likely do well in the future. A positive work environment is key to your happiness.

The Best Way to Spend your Summer, Period.
Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse array of experiences

The lack of opportunity to work overtime

Find out everything you can about the firm before interviewing and recruiting.

Open Environment Leads to New Learning and Experiences
McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

people. atmosphere, learning opportunities, networking experiences

inability to work on different lines of service

Take the internship seriously, and take every opportunity to network with your peers and staff members

Great Learning Experience
Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was great, you experience a lot of development in a short amount of time and the people at the firm are great.

It got off to a slow start but that's just because it's slower during the summer.

The people at the firm are so welcoming and want to help you learn and the exposure you get to the clients is great. PwC has a phenomenal reach and endless resources so If you're looking to start your career in public accounting they are definitely the employer of choice.

Amazing Opportunities Start With PwC
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best: People, the work was interesting, the firm was in a safe/secure area, compensation, the “buddy” program

Worst: Training

I didn’t think that all of the training we did was necessary.

They try their hardest to be elite and I think they do it. They don’t miss out on any aspect.

Interviewed 2 years ago: do not remember

Advice to Management

I think they need a new way of tracking time and a new email system

Team Based Learning
Jacksonville, FL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility in the workplace. I was able to work from home instead of working late hours at the office.

Sitting all day because I'm used to moving a lot.

PwC really cares about their people. They strive to keep their employees happy because that is what leads to a successful, productive work environment. I was never treated as an intern during my internship but as a full time employee. This really helped me get a feel for what life would be like as a first year associate.

Lots of work but lots of time to play
Cleveland, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

To get to see what full-time employment is like

I wanted my internship to be longer

Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions. Chances are, the associates you are working with asked those same questions when they were interns only a few years ago.