4.6 of 5 stars (4,028 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 4,028 Intern Reviews

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

Great Learning Experience

Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay was great, you experience a lot of development in a short amount of time and the people at the firm are great.

It got off to a slow start but that's just because it's slower during the summer.

The people at the firm are so welcoming and want to help you learn and the exposure you get to the clients is great. PwC has a phenomenal reach and endless resources so If you're looking to start your career in public accounting they are definitely the employer of choice.

Amazing Opportunities Start With PwC

Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best: People, the work was interesting, the firm was in a safe/secure area, compensation, the “buddy” program

Worst: Training

I didn’t think that all of the training we did was necessary.

They try their hardest to be elite and I think they do it. They don’t miss out on any aspect.

Interviewed 2 years ago: do not remember

Advice to Management

I think they need a new way of tracking time and a new email system

Great internship - would recommend to my peers

Dallas, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Ability to connect with current employees at all levels and learn about their experiences

I enjoyed everything about the internship - it was a great experience

Look beyond the compensation package - your pay situation will change drastically over the next several years of your career. Pay attention to how the company treats its more seasoned employees - this is where you will be soon. Do they offer good benefits and career growth? If so - that is the company you should choose.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on flexibility measures - the firm has become a leader for ensuring that employees are able to meet their personal and professional goals. Continuing this effort will help our generation find their place long-term.

The PwC internship is a one of a kind program of learning, collaboration, and client service.

McLean, VA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning what client service was all about!

It almost seemed too short!

Take each day of your internship with a fresh set of eyes, you never know what you will learn!

PwC - you never know how awesome it is until you intern here

Chicago, IL | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

All my colleagues were extremely friendly and helpful. They genuinely wanted to help me improve and learn. They were always positive and enthusiastic about their work, which was particularly important during busy audit seasons. So during my internship, I was happy every day even if I was working for 16 hours a day.

Seriously, nothing.

PwC is one of the best places to start a career for an accounting student. Be prepared to work hard because the more you put into your internship, the more your will get out from it. Also be prepared to have a great time with your colleagues and fellow interns because it is just enjoyable to spend time with them!

As a student, there are a lot of occasions in which you are coached by others. Is there a time when you are the one who coach other people?

Reflective of a First-Year Experience

Columbus, OH | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Excellent culture, fun employees and co-workers

The entire internship was only 8 weeks.

Consider the culture and mission of the company in order to evaluate if it aligns with goals.

Great experience - treated like a salaried employee

Louisville, KY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Experience

Networking

Benefits, such as expenses being paid for travel

Quality training

Work can get monotonous on some days, but there is usually a wide variety.

This job will take up just about all your time during the internship. You'll work hard and long hours through the day, but you'll also have lots of fun at night and on the weekends.

You get what you put into it and PwC will help to make it happen

San Jose, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Challenging work, supportive learning environment, amiable and professional staff, clear understanding of expectations and opportunities to meet them.

Work was slow at times but you can find ways to be productive (i.e. use learning resources, shadow employees, take on work from another department).

Know your personal objectives and understand what the firm has to offer. Also, be open to finding new experiences and meeting new people. The firm is big and there are tons of great people in each line of service.

Behavioral interviewing - Why tax?

Advice to Management

n/a - the firm is very transparent about expectations, work load, and promotion policies.