4.6 of 5 stars (4,028 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 4,028 Intern Reviews

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | Former Intern

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

A great learning experience!

Baltimore, MD | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Building relationships and applying knowledge from school to the job.

It was short.

Ask a lot of questions!

Describe a situation when you were in a team and what role you played.

Advice to Management

Continually improving work life balance.

The least "intern" like internship (aka no coffee runs and copies)

New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I felt that I truly understand what the work level of a first year associate looked like rather than just doing coffee runs and making copies. I learned ALOT of valuable information during my 8 weeks with PwC.

Extremely long hours during the second quarter close.

Be positive, open to constructive criticism, and accept every task with a smile.

Describe your greatest strength/weakness, tell me about yourself, challenging group situation.

Advice to Management

"flex hours" were not as flexible as they let on so a way to really make employees feel that they can benefit from flex fridays etc.

When Hard Work Meets Fun

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to meet all of the other interns from schools all across the country. Having a close relationship with my client team.

I wish it was longer.

Be flexible and willing to learn.

Interns experienced rapid growth and development while given opportunities to meet their future.

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I appreciated opportunities to complete community service within the Philadelphia school districts. Having the ability to delegate work hours to teach financial literacy upheld PwC's standards of corporate responsibility.

My overall expectations were met with this internship however the internships goes by extremely fast, sometimes I would alter the duration of it.

My best advice to potential interns is to be true to yourself, values, and morals because the environment is nurtured in a way to accept your differences which allows the atmosphere to become more diverse.

Great Experiences? Come to PwC

Houston, TX | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Real world work, eager teachers

Busy season hours

Ask lots of questions and be eager to learn!

PwC treats interns as new associates, expiditing the learning process and creating a valuable experience

San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Performed real associate level work - not intern **** work

weren't allowed to work overtime

you can't go wrong with an internship at pwc

Advice to Management

promote more often or have "mini" promotions - for example, associate 1, associate 2, senior 1, senior 2 - so you're not working for years without a promotion

Accounting career "launched" with PwC's Advance internship

Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

PwC's senior associates and fellow associates treated my like a first year employee. I did not feel like an intern rather a values employee.

I only got experience in assurance services. It may be beneficial to allow interns to participate for a few weeks in taxation and assurance services.

PwC expects their interns to contribute and assist in day to day tasks.

If you could be a car, what car would you be and why?

Advice to Management

Hours during tax and year end audit season are long.

Learn about your future professional while growing, learning, and developing knowledge and experience.

Florham Park, NJ | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The pay

The chances to network

The ability to learn

New tasks everyday

FEEDBACK

Hitting traffic during my commute and the length of the internship, I wished it was a few weeks longer.

I believe a person's work ethic says everything about them, the way they treat a simple project or a large one, If they go into each task with a good attitude and eagerness to learn, they will be a wonderful candidate.

I remember during my superday my first interviewer asked me these questions. It wasn't the generic questions you hear at an interview. They caught my off guard but it gave me no choice to respond wit genuine answers.

- Describe a winning attitude, what makes you a winner?

- How are you different from the next person that I will interview?

- Do you honestly care about the accounting profession, what about it will make you come into work everyday and make you work you butt off?

Advice to Management

Our office did not have any simulations or out of the office events. It wasn't a big deal but I wished we had more chance to meet other interns.