4.6 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 4,027 Intern Reviews)

Displaying 1-10 of 4,027 Intern Reviews

An opportunity to Grow
Chicago, IL | November 2014 | Former Intern

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

I found this review helpful (1 others have found this review helpful)

Fast-paced, strategic work that matters
New York, NY | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Diverse experiences and colleagues

Worked on projects that were both impactful and provided stretch

Had a lot of fun

There was a lot of ambiguity to which I had to become accustomed.

PwC has a very specific culture and fit is critical--those who succeeded were those who thrived in the environment.

Advice to Management

As a huge organization, there were occassionally mixed messages from HR, which didn't detract from the work experience, but did create some confusion among interns.

PwC's Demanding Internships Attract the Most Diligent Students
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved that I was able to experience what an associate with PwC actually does from day to day.

Some of the work I did was simple and almost mindless because I obviously was not yet qualified for the more difficult tasks.

Work everyday as if you want to be partner.

Realistic experience, including all the fun perks.
Denver, CO | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

We did a lot of networking events & had a national training in Georgia. The internship ended in Disney World where we did a PwC/Disney colloborated challenge. I got to see what it's like to be an Associate at PwC.

I worked with a small group and I did get to meet a lot of people, but it was challenging being out of the office so much.

They invest so much into the people they want and truly care about providing you with a good experience. PwC strives to create a two-way street. Where a mutually beneficial relationship exists. They always want you to grow as a professional and will help you find the path that fits.

Amazing learning experience
Hartford, CT | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The shadowing experience

Could have been longer.

Really make sure you research the different industries in the office you want.

Diverse, Growth, Accounting!
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training was one of my favorite parts, and the caliber of people I was working with is something that I really enjoyed.

I wish that the internship was longer.

Meet as many people as you know, and if you feel like you can build a relationship with them, stay in touch!

Best internship so far!
Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, training, people, benefits

I liked every aspect of the internship.

It will really help you to boost your career. It is definitely worth going through the whole recruiting process at PwC.

Rewarding hands-on experience
San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

As an intern, I was provided with challenging and meaningful work that contributed to the completion of an audit. I felt that I was a valued member of the engagement team and that my team members were interested in my development as a young professional.

The short duration of the summer internship. Public accounting has a steep learning curve, therefore once you began to feel comfortable with the processes, procedures and system, the internship is over.

The PwC environment is truly dedicated to the learning and development of employees and interns. Public accounting can be a challenging and demanding industry, but PwC is committed to helpling it's employees build a strong foundation and grow as professionals.

Great people, great learning opportunities, unforgettable experience
Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experience in the field of taxation and the people I worked with

There was anything that comes to mind

The accounting industry requires some long hours, but the people are what make PwC a great firm to work for. The culture is laid back and fun. During tax season, we even had a mini-golf tournament held each Friday.

Grow your own way
Philadelphia, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being able to be myself and bring something valuable to the table

The internship was way too short

If you want to go into public accounting, PwC is the place to go

Advice to Management

way more diversity