4.6 of 5 stars (2,562 Ratings)

Intern at PwC's Internship Experience? Submit a Review

Displaying 1-10 of 2,562 Intern Reviews

bureaucratic and dry work

New York City, NY | August 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Hourly pay was high (overtime was good)
Disney world
Points and miles from travel
Office location was very convenient if you were ever there

Most projects at PwC are heavy on implementation and IT operations. The work I was doing was very dull and consisted of traveling to a remote client site in an uninteresting city to implement and modify some software program (that was supposedly revolutionary but has not been temporarily discontinued). I was supposed to be in management consulting but was somehow dually staffed in Tech. Hours were rough.

Training is very poor and the review process seems overly bureaucratic and not a true measure of how much value you add but how popular you are within the 'in groups'

Comments

Interview process is easy ONCE you have the interview. Very straightforward behavioral questions, no real case, and more of a social test to see if you get a long. Generally apply through campus for first round which cuts a good deal of people, and go through the superday with a high success rate unless you really screw up.

Great work but poor management

Ny, NY | July 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Got to do real consulting work and had FaceTime with senior individuals at the client

Was unable to get face time or even phone time with managers

Comments

With the size of this firm you summer is either hit or miss

Spectacular opportunities for those that want to work hard

Dallas, TX | April 2015 | FORMER INTERN

Working with, and learning from, the highest caliber people. The USLT shadow experience where I was able to spend a day with CFO and Vice Chair of the firm. The vast amount of experience gained in such relatively little time.

I would have loved more client interaction although I would not consider this a significant "downer". If you think you can show up as an intern and run the show, this is not the place for that kind of ego.

Comments

Hard work and networking. You will have many that got in because of the school and program that they are affiliated with that do not take initiative. Be proactive a visible in your intentions and future plans.

An opportunity to Grow

Chicago, IL | November 2014 | FORMER INTERN

The best aspects of my internship was that PwC invested in my own growth. PwC sent me to a 3 day leadership conference while still being paid to develop my leadership skills. This summer they also gave me the opportunity to work at a charity of my choice as part of the Intern Loan Program. The program allowed me to follow a passion of working with schools and using my other major. Though I will not have a career in education, the experience allowed me to expand my mindset and perspective on the world.

The worst aspects of my internship had to do with not being able to work more than 40 hours a week. I was participating in an office case competition and I needed to log more than 40 hours in a week and the HR was upset. They wanted me to have some balance, but they did not allow me to fully pursue something I was interested in.

Comments

Be yourself and see if the culture is for you. It is a family style culture in a large company that allows the opportunity to grow and establish your roots in a particular area.

PwC's Demanding Internships Attract the Most Diligent Students

Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved that I was able to experience what an associate with PwC actually does from day to day.

Some of the work I did was simple and almost mindless because I obviously was not yet qualified for the more difficult tasks.

Work everyday as if you want to be partner.

Best internship so far!

Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Flexibility, training, people, benefits

I liked every aspect of the internship.

It will really help you to boost your career. It is definitely worth going through the whole recruiting process at PwC.

Rewarding hands-on experience

San Diego, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

As an intern, I was provided with challenging and meaningful work that contributed to the completion of an audit. I felt that I was a valued member of the engagement team and that my team members were interested in my development as a young professional.

The short duration of the summer internship. Public accounting has a steep learning curve, therefore once you began to feel comfortable with the processes, procedures and system, the internship is over.

The PwC environment is truly dedicated to the learning and development of employees and interns. Public accounting can be a challenging and demanding industry, but PwC is committed to helpling it's employees build a strong foundation and grow as professionals.

Great people, great learning opportunities, unforgettable experience

Pittsburgh, PA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experience in the field of taxation and the people I worked with

There was anything that comes to mind

The accounting industry requires some long hours, but the people are what make PwC a great firm to work for. The culture is laid back and fun. During tax season, we even had a mini-golf tournament held each Friday.

Great firm great culture

Boston, MA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with partners, other colleagues, and my intern class

Length of time could be slightly longer

So many opportunities in many areas of business

PwC's Internship Experience Packs an Invaluable and Incomparable Punch.

Detroit, MI | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everything was awesome. The work that we did was meaningful and beneficial to my development as a professional. I liked how I was treated as a first-year, and not so much as an intern. PwC really invested in me this summer and helped get my career off on the right foot.

I would've liked it to have been a little longer.

Really evaluate the quality of people that work for PwC because these are the people you will be surrounded by every day at work. At PwC, the people really do make all of the difference and is the main reason that working for PwC is such an amazing experience.