Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

San Diego, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

great learning culture

a little slow at times

best decision I made

This internship was a balance of fun, hard work, and tons of learning.

Eugene, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect overall was immediately being treated as part of the team and not just an intern. This fed into everyone being very kind and helpful and made interaction very smooth and welcoming.

Because summer is slow for public accounting it could be hard to find things to do. It would maybe be nice to have some sort of "intern project" that we could work on when there weren't projects from higher ups coming in.

Don't be nervous or intimated, because essentially they want you to be there. Have confidence in yourself but also have the humility to ask questions and be curious.

Advice to Management

Having only worked here actually in the office for about 5 weeks it's hard to find many negatives. Overall I think Moss Adams treats their employees very well and I can't think of many ways to make it better.

I can't remember many of the questions I was asked. I believe I was asked about a struggle I went through and what I learned from that and how I took feedback and applied it. I can't remember exact questions though.

A Wonderful Adventure at Moss Adams

Albuquerque, NM | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I have had chances to meet and talk to many different people who work at Moss Adams. I feel that Moss Adams has provided a great platform for diversity and creativity. The management is very good at pushing its employees to succeed and the team will support its teammates whenever is needed. I also see a lot of opportunities coming up in the near future.

Summer may not be the best time to see lots of business transactions in public accounting. However, the management and the team have tried their best to make the internship interesting and challenging.

Please keep your mind open! You need to prepare some questions to ask!

A Summer To Never Forget

Los Angeles, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people.

Unassigned at times.

Talk to as many people as you can, enjoy it while it lasts and have fun!

Advice to Management

N/A.

Tell me about yourself. Tell me about a time you lead a team. Why Moss Adams? What do you do for fun?

Excellent work-life balance while challenging projects encourage growth and development

Portland, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the support from the staff and my in-charges. The other interns were very personable and I enjoyed everyone I hung out with.

I wish I'd gotten to do more tax work during my rotation.

You have to put yourself out there to be seen and get work. Get used to introducing yourself and don't be afraid to interrupt from time to time.

Advice to Management

I wish I could have worked on more tax returns. I felt like my in-charge didn't have a lot of work for me to do, so I had to pull from other places.

What do you like to do in your spare time? Why did you choose to take (insert extracurricular class)?

Get There Out Here

Portland, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The week of training down at Disneyland stands out by far to be the best aspect, but a very close second is the people I work with.

The thing I like the least about the internship is that there isn't much consistency across the board for the type of work all of the interns do. In general, we all do similar work, but for example not everyone gets to go on an actual audit.

My advice to potential interns would be that it is okay if you don't always have work to do. Since the internship is in the summer, there it's a slower time in the office in general so there isn't always work to go around for the interns to do.

The best summer of my life

Portland, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated like a first year staff, learning more about the firm and the culture of the firm, getting to know the people.

Since it's summer, not always having enough work to go around. However they do the best they can.

How great the people are, really take the chance to get to know them.

Advice to Management

Try to be sure the in charges you put with the intern are not on pto or out on an audit they cant take us to.

Conversational.

Mossome

San Diego, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Disney Land, Padres game, Del Mar races, Client interactions.

I have not found any cons other than the commute.

Be ready to work, and work hard. Most of the work was completely new to me, and was extremely confusing for the first few weeks.

What was one of your favorite major classes and why will it help you in this job? What was your favorite non-major class and why will it help you in this job?

Getting paid to eat free food and talk to nice people? Count me in!

Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the support I had throughout. We were assigned a career advisor as well as a buddy to facilitate the internship and ask any small or big questions we had about the job, day-to-day, or career. I felt comfortable and that is extremely important. The workspace is open/reserved seating, so I sat somewhere new every single day and saw new faces everyday!

There was not a lot of work during my internship. I had to frequently reach out to staff or other interns to find things to do because there was not a ton of work to go around in the summer (offseason).

I highly recommend this internship to any potential employer. I wish I knew how many different departments/industries they have. They have a lot of consulting positions I was not aware of that definitely interest me.

Advice to Management

No complaints!

Tell me about yourself.
Why accounting?
Why Moss Adams?
What makes you stand out?

The entire process was very easy going. The interviews were casual conversations

True Financial Advisor Development

Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning from other advisors and how they help their clients manage their wealth
Learning how to use key software to build clients' financial plans
Constant communication throughout the entire team made it really easy to ask questions and get answers

It took a while to start doing real work.

You spend a lot of time doing grunt work, but there are plenty of times you do more interesting types of work. You will be in constant communication with members of a local team so it is important that you aren't afraid to ask questions or take ownership when you make a mistake.

Advice to Management

Nothing yet, but I would've liked to get decent figures for what my offer salary may look like.