Moss Adams Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

A Truly Memorable Experience
Irvine, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work experience was a great learning experience. We were assigned meaningful work that tested our knowledge and taught us new skills. We received great feedback and support from all levels of the company. The internship was a great way to bond with our fellow interns and the entire company. We were treated as if we were already full-time staff members.

The training was less hands-on and more conceptual, and that have affected some of us who learn by doing when we were first assigned jobs.

Be yourself and stay positive. The firm is full of great people who are ready and willing to help during the recruiting process. Don't be afraid to ask questions about anything.

Building Relationships and Growing through Moss Adams
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

To be honest, the best is probably how well fed we are. But, we also get a lot of opportunities to work on different things with different clients. There has never been a time where I was overloaded with work, which shows the work-life balance the employees have. Getting to meet new people and work with different teams have all been valuable to me.

There will be times when I have a few hours of downtime, but it's not the company's fault. There are just some projects that may be harder to do or to explain to an intern, but it's nice to learn from even the half-hour assignments we get.

It's really about how you fit into the company culture. Everyone in the company have similar knowledge and backgrounds, but at the end, it's all based on the people. You have to be comfortable with how the company works, their style, and most of all, the people. If you can't see yourself working with the people you meet, how do you expect to work as a team?

Lifetime Learning
Everett, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the learning experience as well as the opportunity to network.

What I least like about the internship was the inability to get enough experience because of the diverse nature of the projects.

Being open minded and eager to learn and try new things.

A great way to get a feel for the culture at Moss Adams while also participating and completing actual hands-on assignments.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Moss Adams. The organization that was put into it. For example, I really enjoyed being in a conference room with some of the other interns because it gave us the opportunity to help each other out and get to know everyone. We were also very busy in the tax rotation which I liked.

I did the tax rotation first and we had a lot of work. When we got moved to the audit rotation for 3 weeks, some people didn't even get to go out on an audit, but interns from the other rotation were still going out on audits. I felt as if the audits were front-loaded, so we did not get as many opportunities in audit.

The culture at Moss Adams is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I was nervous to ask questions at first, but I realized quickly that people are so willing to help.

Moss Adams values their interns.
Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated the same as full time staff. This allowed me to get practical experience. The regional intern training program was fun and educational. There were also casual events outside of work which were great for getting to know everyone.

I had to temporarily relocate.

Interact with as many accounting firms as possible. This way you can understand what it is that makes each unique, and whether or not you will be comfortable working there.

Moss Adams
Seattle, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on the intern team charity project, learning how the software works and more about taxes, the people at Moss Adams (especially Buddies and Career Advisors)

Waiting for work to come in

The most important thing is to be social and a good communicator. Ask questions, chat with others when timely, smile and say "hi" to those you see.

A Great Learning Opportunity
Santa Rosa, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people that I worked with were really great and made it a place I hope to come back to work as staff. They were all so helpful and kind. I also loved that I was given real tax work that was challenging and made me think things through. I felt like I got a great representation of what the field of work demands.

I had a bit of issue with assignments that required a lot of travel, however I worked with management to resolve the issue. They did a great job making sure I was taken care of.

I took a summer course at my local university at the same time. I would not recommend this as I think its best to focus on the adjustments that you need to make during the first few weeks of your internship. I would also suggest that if there is something going wrong during your internship, speak up! Management cannot be aware of a problem unless you say something. Moss is a great company to work for and the management is more than willing to help you with any issues that arise.

Everything I could every imagine

learning process

Wish it was longer

Make sure to have leadership experience ahead of time and to have good communication skills- verballs and written

Moss Adams, a great place to grow
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning so much about the industry and baout Moss Adams as a company. Really, the culture and the people are what makes me like the firm so much.

I honestly cannot think of anything I didn't like.

Getting an internship here is the best way to experience Moss Adams. It really is the only way to fully experience the company, and the industry, before actually working full time. Moss Adams is particularly great because there is a rotation program available to new-hires where you can try both audit and tax and see what works best for you.

Advice to Management

I cannot think of anything.

Moss Adams offers many paths to success through their tax and audit divisions, as well as a healthy work/life balance.
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Moss Adams does a very good job with hands-on learning experience. We internact with the clients on engagements and feel like we are apart of real life activities, rather than just stereotypical interns who do busy work and follow managers around. I really enjoy the work/life balance they implement to their employees, to show them that life is not all about work, but also learning to balance office time with family time.

More audit work when not on an engagement, times can get slow in the office when we are not out at the client's site.

Moss Adams is a great place to start a career in public accounting- with managers and seniors who help direct you down the right path, Moss Adams can jump start your ability to be successful in the given niche you decide to work in (audit, tax, consulting, etc) Moss Adams is filled with many hard-working individuals who are also enjoyable to be around. If you are someone who places importance on a work/life balance, as well as someone who is good at communicating, Moss Adams is a great fit for you.

Advice to Management

I believe Moss Adams is a pretty great place to work, and offers great pay, compensation, and training. I don't know what I would change, because I am an intern and have only been here a month and a half. I really enjoy working here and hope to continue full time in the future.