Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Good times, even better people

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience, the other interns, and the current employees

I was not busy all of the time.

Look for work as much as possible, be open to getting your name out there.

Advice to Management

Change up the training to be less technical and focus more on the software that is used to complete tax returns

What do you like about Moss Adams?

Amazing opportunity to test your skills and abilbities in the public accounting realm.

Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The abundance of opportunities to network with so many knowledgeable individuals and put your education to the test with various tasks pertaining to tax or audit.

Accounting, in general, brings a competitive atmosphere, so I feel like I'm always in a competitive mode around fellow interns.

Moss Adams is a great place to firm to work for, not only for the experiences but for the potential future you can have with the firm. I plan on staying long term when I get my full time offer.

Advice to Management

Because of such a big internship class in Portland, there is not enough work to go around for everyone. Possibly plan better for either more work or less interns.

What do you want out of an internship with Moss Adams?

What type of campus activities have you been involved with during school?

A great, realistic view of what it would look like to be hiredon as a staff accountant.

Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting people, fun training, lots of learning.

not always super busy, can be tough to find work.

Be yourself.

What are you interests?

What do you do outside of school?

Hobbies?

Minus the downtime, it was MAwesome!

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Moss Adams is a great company and I hope to be a part of the company in the near future. The employees are friendly, fun, and very helpful, especially to interns. Some of the best aspects were the Intern Road Shows, the SIP Kickoff, and definitely the other interns that start with you, as they are really cool people with great personalities. My career advisor and buddy are always there to assist me when I need them and are always willing to take me out to lunch so they can get to know me. I also want to highlight the amazing events Moss Adams hosts throughout the summer. It's a great way to meet staff members and other employees. Another excellent perk is the great break room. The food and drinks they offer are awesome and the best part is they are free! Moss Adams is a great company to intern/work for and I am very grateful for the opportunity. Last, but not least, is the clients that we work with. They are mid market companies that have a similar culture to Moss and I think that makes it a pleasant experience. While on a client, I learned a lot and my co-workers were always willing to help and answer the 100s of questions I had.

The one bad thing that I would mention about the company was the lack of work for the interns. We would often see ourselves getting bored because we didn't have any work to do. Other than that, everything that Moss Adams offered was great!

As a recent college graduate, I wanted to find a company where I could make a difference and be noticed and I think I made a great choice when I decided to intern at MA. As you may know, MA is not a member of the Big 4 and this does not mean that you wont succeed or that this company isn't great. I chose MA because of this. After going through the summer leadership, I learned that it not being a member of the Big 4 made it that much more appealing. MA being a mid-market firm, there are a lot of opportunities to move up the ladder and that's definitely what I was looking for as a young professional. I wanted a firm where I just wasn't another number. Another major deciding factor was that MA cares so much about its culture as a firm and the employees it hires. They want you to succeed as an individual and they want to provide you with the resources you need to improve and move up in the working world and they do this by helping their employees the best they can. MA is very flexible in terms of transfers to other offices and transfers within departments in the same office. They make it so seamless and this is because they care a lot about their employee's experience.

DISNEYLAND!

Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Going to Disneyland for the firm-wide intern program would definitely be the best aspect of the internship. Getting to know other interns and staff around the firm was nice.

Probably the fact that since the Portland office has so many interns and it's the summer, there weren't enough work to go around. So a lot of the times interns will need to go and ask around for work and

Get out of your comfort zone and meet others especially during the firm-wide intern training because those connections can mean a lot in the future.

Amazing break rooms

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

learning how to audit

onboarding was hectic

good for public accounting firms

Learn the firm's culture, with a side of work

Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed getting to know the people of the firm, not having to focus on work alone. It was also nice getting a variety of jobs, between tax and audit, to see which direction I'd like to go for my future career.

At the same time, I felt as if it was difficult finding work when I wanted to. Getting paid to sit around and chat with employees quickly got old, and I felt obligated to find work to keep me busy and stay chargeable.

For potential interns, I'd advise to be open to try anything. If you're set on doing tax or audit, make sure to try out the other side. It'll help you to get more work and meet more people.

I didn't interview for this position. I only had a casual lunch with a partner, where we talked about non-relevant topics.

Join a firm where you actually matter!

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Feeling you are a part of something greater. Being treated as an important, valued individual. Lots of opportunity for fun. Great mentoring. Friendly people.

Light work load. Redundancy of information in the trainings at SIP and in-office (Everett) training.

Assess the culture of different firms and find where you fit. If you like the culture at Moss Adams, it will be a great place to work. The firm is full of smart, fun, hard-working people who want to see you succeed.

Advice to Management

Find more work for interns to do. Provide more technical training so interns don't feel completely lost on an engagement. Cover the purpose and procedure of specific work papers, talk about planning and show planning work papers.

I don't recall.

Great Experience with Moss Adams

Everett, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The experience of getting to see what work would like once you go full time. They also put emphasis on getting to know your fellow interns and coworkers, which I enjoyed.

Summer is a slow time for public accounting firms so there wasn't always billable work to be found, but they tried their best to find you work even if it was an admin project

Network with as many people as possible and ask a lot of questions. You aren't supposed to know everything when you start as an intern so they are more concerned if you don't ask any questions than if you ask too many.

Valuable for securing a full time position, but not enough work to do during the summer

Seattle, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

-Everyone is extremely friendly and willing to meet with you, even partners of the firm

-You are given real work to do and are treated like a first year staff member

-The first week of your internship, you go to California for training with all of the other Moss Adams interns and also spend a day in Disneyland

-You bond a lot with your intern class both in the office and the other interns in the Puget Sound

There was a lot more downtime then I expected. Of the 35 possible days I could have been working on a client, I was only doing billable work for 8 days. Many of the other days I didn't feel very fulfilled in my work.

This is a great firm with great people. The work you'll receive will be interesting and fulfilling and everyone will be very willing to help you. If you are on the audit side, just understand that there isn't a whole lot of work to do during the summer. Look at it as an investment in your career, even though you might feel a bit bored at times. Once you receive a fulltime offer, you will become a lot busier with work and not have nearly as much downtime.

Advice to Management

Provide audit interns with more work to do.