Moss Adams Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #6 Best Accounting Internships  /  #17 Best Overall Internships

4.5 of 5 stars Average Intern Rating (of 104 Intern Reviews)

Challenging, yet fun!
Tacoma, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with.

Coding time was a bit confusing.

Get as much experience as you can with a variety of different tasks.

Family
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, food, drink

Not enough direction

Just do it

I have accepted a full time offer!
Spokane, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with. I learned a ton and everyone wanted me to succeed.

I did not get to travel outside of town, but it was never specified that this would happen so I cant be that disappointed.

You need to be outgoing and a happy person. They higher people who love to work hard but also have fun.

Whats you biggest strength/weakness?

What are you favorite classes?

One word to describe yourself?

Advice to Management

I would have appreciated some kind of parking assistance. A longer internship would have been nice, but I had school starting again.

A fantastic summer
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were treated really well and the audit experience was great. I feel like we were exposed to a wide variety of audit work which helped me get a good grasp on what this career is really like.

Down time. I had an extra week of being in the office. It was good to be proactive and have to find some work. But as an intern you are anxious to see what it is like in the field. I wished I could have gone out first and then had that time to be in the office later.

There is a lot of focus on the big 4 firms where I go to school and in order for MA to get a foot in the door with all the students, they should actively recruit based on the fact that MA is more flexible with time and accommodating to a family lifestyle. Also, they take interns who are not in their last year of school which is desirable among masters students at BYU.

It was about a year ago so I don't remember a lot of the questions. Many were behavioral based. I liked that we talked a lot about personal interests and experiences that typically give an interviewer a better idea of who the person really is.

Advice to Management

Just continue focusing on making employees personal lives something important in the eyes of management. I loved how much people cared when there was something important going on outside of work and how they were accommodating to that. Keep that up.

Real World Experience
Spokane, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Having the opportunity to see real work in the field of accounting.

Not having my career adviser be as active as I would have liked.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Additionally, keep and open mind and be willing to fail. As long as you aren't making the same mistake over and over again, the professionals that I worked with were more than willing to help.

Learned a lot and made good connections
Los Angeles, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learned a lot about tax, everyone was super friendly and willing to teach

Internal systems such as scheduling, always had to be on top of our work, at times felt like there was too much expected from us

Be enthusiastic and willing to learn, smile a lot, be easy going, go there to learn, and learn from your mistakes

-Why did you choose accounting?

-Can you see yourself in public accounting 5 years from now?

-Why audit/tax?

-What do you know about Moss?

Advice to Management

Make training longer

Make systems like schedulign better

The best internship expeirnce.

hands-on experience

None that I can think of. It was great!

Confidence will get you everything.

What did you learn from your last job that is applicable to this position?

Advice to Management

They were doing a great job in supporting interns. Nothing I can complain about.

Mossome
San Francisco, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

great people in the office

no rotation

stay true to yourself and the people

Learning with low risk.
Everett, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The trips, the pay, the people, and all the coffee and lunches.

Summer can be a bit slow. At time asking for work can be a challenge, and you have to push yourself to find work.

Be yourself, because if you are not, then you will not find out if Moss Adams is a fit for you and your career. They want to know you, and want to work with a human. Small learning mistakes are okay, as long do not repeat them again.

Why this firm?

Why this location?

Why tax/ audit?

Advice to Management

More reviews of work. Not just at the end, but mid-way through the internship, that way interns can improve, and know what to work on during their last 4 weeks.

Experienced Daily Life of Accountants
Santa Rosa, CA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were getting to know people around the office. Although ALOT of people in the office are very quiet and to themselves once I reached out to them they were very friendly. Another great aspect of the internship was meeting the people who I did internships with. We grew very close.

My least favorite part about the internship was realizing how gossipy some of the staff were. At times It was very unfriendly and rude.

I would say be very observative and honest. You want to make sure the firm is a good fit for you and to do so you have to state your wants and needs as do they. If you are going to work full-time there you need to make sure you feel comfortable to do these things.

1. Ask them about themselves - what are their hobbies, what do they enjoy doing outside of work?

Most potential hires don't know what they are looking for in a firm because they have never worked in a firm before. Get to know them as a person because ultimately its about if they will fit in to the office

2. Ask them to name a time in their ife when they were extremely proud of themselves. In a class I was in this question was asked to everyone and each person got up and said what they were proud of. This will tell a lot about what they value and what some of their future goals might be.

Advice to Management

Try to raise concern about the way cubes are organized. The cubes themselves are very high and you can't see anyone. Putting staff together/mixing audit and tax might be beneficial to the overal "team' aspect of the firm.