Moss Adams Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

Great experience with great people. It helped understand what public accounting is.
Irvine, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

We were welcomed like full-time staff, and not like interns just passing.

It was too short.

If it is hte right firm size for you, it is a great place to work. Recommanded!!

The most information I've learned in the shortest period of time
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, the opportunities, the continual learning, the networking, the pay, the communication, the interaction between different staff levels

the confusion about which hours should be charged, the lack of work in the beginning, the length (would have preferred 10+ weeks over 8)

Moss Adams is very accomodating to your office preference and personal schedule. Forum W allows you to have an alternative work schedule for when you are planning to start a family or have other obligations. It creates a work/life balance that is essential for any career. Some of the partners even shared with us their daily stress relievers such as working out, hiking, and listening to music. The firm allows YOU to decide when you think a promotion is in store and you are essentially competing againt yourself, rather than your fellow employees for a position.

Advice to Management

I feel that the training in Anaheim could have been more useful- I would have preferred to spend more time on the tax returns and programs rather than the outside activities. I understand that it is important to network, but I feel that the training aspect of it was lacking a bit.

Public Accounting Assumes Your Intelligent and Throws You In the Deep End
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

actually working on returns and reviews/audits. the interns weren't given lesser tasks, we were treated as if we were first year staff.

towards the end, some of the work load slowed down.

get to know the staff and stay in contact

Great Learning Experience about World of Accounting World and Moss Adams
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities, the ability to learn about the world of accounting

There isn't anything that I really didn't like

Work really hard in recruiting to find a firm that fits you because getting an internship is the best way to learn about a firm.

A great learning experience in a fun and enjoyable environment
Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Great culture, realy work experience.

Did not get to see an audit from beginning to end.

Moss Adams is a great place to work. It is a very inviting culture. There are also amazing professionals here who do great work.

From Disneyland to Portland, A Portland intern has an amazing experience while learning a lot about Moss Adams and accounting
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best of aspect of the internship was working in conference rooms and the amount of tax work I received.

The inability to go out on a regular audit.

Make sure to evaulate the working enivorment of the company and that you see yourself fitting in it.

Moss Adams: Experience and Learn about Public Accounting within an Amazing Working Enviroment
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with staff, team building with interns, being able to travel for audits, being able to work on taxes, helping me to decided which way to go (tax or audit).

In the audit roation, there were times with nothing to do and little work. I know it is hard to send us out on audits if they are full but it took away from the full experience.

Be friendly with the recruiters and show that you can blend in with the company culture. This is the key to be happy with any company you work for so make sure that you like the people in the company you are working for.

My Moss Adams internship was a great way to discover what public accounting is in practice and see if I would enjoy it as a career.
Tacoma, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was working on actual audits at client locations. It provided the most hands on experience and activities while providing opportunities to ask experienced managers and staff questions.

The thing I liked least about the internship was the lack of work available from day to day. I enjoyed the work when there was work to do, but I often am left for hours without any projects to work on. Even after asking managers and staff for work, there often is nothing for me to do. This was frustrating because I want to learn but feel like my learning is stunted by lack of available work.

Moss Adams is great. The training experience for interns was a blast and provided access to so many people around the firm. If public accounting is your calling, Moss Adams is an excellent choice. They truly do provide big firm resources with mid-market specialization. Work-life balance is stressed at Moss Adams, and it is easy to see that everyone buys into that ideal.

Advice to Management

I think initial training for working with the firm computer system would be very helpful. Someone should sit down and walk through how to perform the tasks that will be required for the job. Also, for interns/new hires I think work should be set aside for the first few weeks so they constantly have something to work on to learn the system. Having to ask for work every day and rarely getting a response is very frustrating when trying to gain an understanding of what the job entails.

Hands-On Experience
Spokane, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experience at client sites, Being included as a member of the office (office parties, level of responsibility, etc)

The length. I feel that the internship would be better designed if it ran the length of the summer.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes and ask questions. Both are expected.

Advice to Management

It would have been helpful if a more structured system had been set-up for being assigned work. On the audit floor it was not unusual for most employees to be at client sites, leaving the interns with very little to do. We had lots of work when we were in the field but often very little when we were in the office. It might have been possible to fill this time with projects or training activities.

Learning what auditing really is
Seattle, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the best parts were getting to know the people at moss adams and figuring out what auditing is.

I was not a huge fan of the intern project.

Make the most of every day and week. The internship flys by and there is only so much time to meet people.

Advice to Management

The only thing that would have been nice is to be out at the client more, but i understand it is hard in summer.