Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Learning something new every day

Seattle, WA | 2014 | VERIFIED INTERN

Volunteering, Disneyland, getting to know other interns and staff

No other staff at my level to help answer questions

I can't think of anything

What do you do in your spare time?

Advice to Management

It seems communication between departments could be better. I felt like I was told the same thing by multiple people or that I had to tell multiple people the same thing.

Building Relationships and Growing through Moss Adams

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

To be honest, the best is probably how well fed we are. But, we also get a lot of opportunities to work on different things with different clients. There has never been a time where I was overloaded with work, which shows the work-life balance the employees have. Getting to meet new people and work with different teams have all been valuable to me.

There will be times when I have a few hours of downtime, but it's not the company's fault. There are just some projects that may be harder to do or to explain to an intern, but it's nice to learn from even the half-hour assignments we get.

It's really about how you fit into the company culture. Everyone in the company have similar knowledge and backgrounds, but at the end, it's all based on the people. You have to be comfortable with how the company works, their style, and most of all, the people. If you can't see yourself working with the people you meet, how do you expect to work as a team?

Summer full of learning

Other (US) | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people I worked with and the way they took time to teach me

nothing i can think of

it's a smaller firm so everyone knows everyones, but not too small

Lifetime Learning

Everett, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship was the learning experience as well as the opportunity to network.

What I least like about the internship was the inability to get enough experience because of the diverse nature of the projects.

Being open minded and eager to learn and try new things.

A great way to get a feel for the culture at Moss Adams while also participating and completing actual hands-on assignments.

Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The culture at Moss Adams. The organization that was put into it. For example, I really enjoyed being in a conference room with some of the other interns because it gave us the opportunity to help each other out and get to know everyone. We were also very busy in the tax rotation which I liked.

I did the tax rotation first and we had a lot of work. When we got moved to the audit rotation for 3 weeks, some people didn't even get to go out on an audit, but interns from the other rotation were still going out on audits. I felt as if the audits were front-loaded, so we did not get as many opportunities in audit.

The culture at Moss Adams is amazing. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I was nervous to ask questions at first, but I realized quickly that people are so willing to help.

Moss Adams

Seattle, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working on the intern team charity project, learning how the software works and more about taxes, the people at Moss Adams (especially Buddies and Career Advisors)

Waiting for work to come in

The most important thing is to be social and a good communicator. Ask questions, chat with others when timely, smile and say "hi" to those you see.

Moss Adams values their interns.

Phoenix, AZ | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was treated the same as full time staff. This allowed me to get practical experience. The regional intern training program was fun and educational. There were also casual events outside of work which were great for getting to know everyone.

I had to temporarily relocate.

Interact with as many accounting firms as possible. This way you can understand what it is that makes each unique, and whether or not you will be comfortable working there.

Moss Adams Internship was an Amazing Experience for All Involved

Costa Mesa, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed the hands on experience meeting with clients and actually doing the work.

Lack of networking events.

Moss Adams really cares about its people and tries to make everyone enjoy working there.

A Truly Memorable Experience

Irvine, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The work experience was a great learning experience. We were assigned meaningful work that tested our knowledge and taught us new skills. We received great feedback and support from all levels of the company. The internship was a great way to bond with our fellow interns and the entire company. We were treated as if we were already full-time staff members.

The training was less hands-on and more conceptual, and that have affected some of us who learn by doing when we were first assigned jobs.

Be yourself and stay positive. The firm is full of great people who are ready and willing to help during the recruiting process. Don't be afraid to ask questions about anything.

Moss Adams, a great place to grow

Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning so much about the industry and baout Moss Adams as a company. Really, the culture and the people are what makes me like the firm so much.

I honestly cannot think of anything I didn't like.

Getting an internship here is the best way to experience Moss Adams. It really is the only way to fully experience the company, and the industry, before actually working full time. Moss Adams is particularly great because there is a rotation program available to new-hires where you can try both audit and tax and see what works best for you.

Advice to Management

I cannot think of anything.