Moss Adams LLP Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2012

Most valuable, challenging and fun internship you will ever experience !

Training trip to Anaheim ,CA. Company culture us amazing and unmatched. Challenging workload but balanced and interesting.

Wish it was longer.

Fantastic , best experience of my career so far.

Advice to Management

Everything is above average, they really care about their workers.

Summer Intern Discovers Public Accounting to be More About People than Numbers

Some of the best times I had during the internship were with my fellow interns in our shared conference room. It was really helpful to have that shared space where we could become comfortable with one another and rely on each other for assistance if needed. Another great part of the internship revolves around my experience with the employees at Moss Adams. No matter who I worked with, whether it was upper management or staff, I found myself amazed at their willingness to nurture and teach the interns. I learned so much from them, not only about how to succeed in accounting but also in how to best utilize my time at the firm. They enriched my experience beyond words.

Parking was $10 a day and our monthly stipend only paid $90. Rough on the wallet.

Do not apply for public accounting if you think you can just sit behind a desk all day and never talk to people. Whether it is the client or your fellow employees, interpersonal communication is of the utmost importance. I watched people struggle internally every day because they were expected to actually leave their workspace and interact with others. Do not let a perceived lack of academic knowledge prevent you from applying for Moss Adams. They have an excellent training program which is fortified by an experienced staff who is committed to seeing you learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I know more conference rooms are planned to be built, which is a great idea.

Engaging and Fun Internship for those Serious about Accounting

People, location, variety, culture

Not always a lot of workd

Do an internship before signing on somewhere

An Amazing Experience

-Getting to work closely with partners. -Being exposed to several different clients. -All of the employees were always willing to help or to explain something.

-Not always having work to do.

-Don't be afraid to ask questions when you don't understand something. -Don't be afraid to walk around and ask people if they have any work for you to do.

Advice to Management

-It would be helpful to have "sample" audits for interns to practice with when they don't have any other work to do.

Date: 2012

The best possible way I could have spent my summer.

The people at the firm made it very enjoyable. I was able to ask questions openly and be myself around all of the other staff, seniors, managers, and even partners. Everyone was really easy to get along with.

On one occasion I was given a particularly tedious task which is never fun but that's the nature of the job.

Moss Adams is an amazing firm and they go out of their way to be as accommodating as possible.

Date: 2012

The best way to spend a summer!

I loved the social interactions I had with the other interns as well as staff members

I was most disappointed when it ended.

Don't focus on what an internship has to offer in the moment. Really think about what opportunities it offers for a full time position.

Advice to Management

Compensation is at a fair rate but could be a bit higher

Date: 2012

Moss Adams: My preferred employer with the best experience possible and the greatest company culture

The best aspects of the internship were having the ability to work on a variety of projects that a staff accountant would be working, my co-workers were great to work with and extremely helpful, the flexibility with my schedule, and the training process was designed to effectively allow me to do well on my projects without overloading me with information.

What I liked least was some of the projects were overwhelming at first, but remember that everyone has been in your shoes and will be willing to help you.

Do not be afraid to ask questions. You are trying to find an organization that you fit well with not just a place to work. Moss Adams truly cares about its employees and wants the best for all of them. I would not want to work for anyone else.

Advice to Management

I think the only thing would be about the training because I did not get the full initial training with the office only because of my school schedule. I do not, however, think it affected my performance.

Date: 2012

Great learning experience, challenged me to become more comfortable with relating to professionals, especially coming from the college scene

Getting to know the firm, learning more about what the field/work-life is like, people I worked with, fun activities.

This was a rarity, but a small minority of people seemed disinterested or annoyed by questions or intern presence. They may just have been busy, but just was one thing that was sometimes harder

Aittitude is key. You will get more out of it if you put more into it. This firm offers the resources, experience, and reputation of a biger firm, but also can have a feel of a smaller firm.

Advice to Management

The nature of public accounting is that hours will sometimes be long, and work will be hard. Even though I did not encounter long hours during my internship, I can see that once long hours do come down the line, the ability to have autonomy in my work will be very important to my success and satisfaction. For example, being able to work some of the extra hours at home would be valuable. I hope the firm knows that I will get my work done in a timely manner, but it would be also nice to know that I have the ability to sometimes get it done in a flexible location at a flexible time.

Date: 2012

A truly invaluable experience that assisted me in making important career decisions for myself.

The people, the work, the opportunities that I received and overwhelming amount that I was able to learn in such a short time.

I wanted to stay longer!

Don't be afraid to ask questions because you aren't expected to know everything. Write everything down and be a sponge ready to learn whatever comes your way.

Advice to Management

I would say everything was great and above my expectations. Maybe a more organized training for the tax portion of the internship.

It was a blast.

Learning about the type of work a public accounting firm performs and meeting professionals.

Would have liked to do a bit more audit work.

Meet as many people as possible. Smile and don't be tired.

Advice to Management

none.