Moss Adams Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

Summer Intern Discovers Public Accounting to be More About People than Numbers
Portland, OR | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Some of the best times I had during the internship were with my fellow interns in our shared conference room. It was really helpful to have that shared space where we could become comfortable with one another and rely on each other for assistance if needed.

Another great part of the internship revolves around my experience with the employees at Moss Adams. No matter who I worked with, whether it was upper management or staff, I found myself amazed at their willingness to nurture and teach the interns. I learned so much from them, not only about how to succeed in accounting but also in how to best utilize my time at the firm. They enriched my experience beyond words.

Parking was $10 a day and our monthly stipend only paid $90. Rough on the wallet.

Do not apply for public accounting if you think you can just sit behind a desk all day and never talk to people. Whether it is the client or your fellow employees, interpersonal communication is of the utmost importance. I watched people struggle internally every day because they were expected to actually leave their workspace and interact with others.

Do not let a perceived lack of academic knowledge prevent you from applying for Moss Adams. They have an excellent training program which is fortified by an experienced staff who is committed to seeing you learn and grow.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. I know more conference rooms are planned to be built, which is a great idea.

The best summer internship experience
Irvine, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands on experience

The overall experience during the internship was great, and I don't have much to complain about.

They care about their employees and their advancement in the company

Advice to Management

Go through a simple tax return from beginning to end.

Moss Adams: My preferred employer with the best experience possible and the greatest company culture
San Diego, CA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were having the ability to work on a variety of projects that a staff accountant would be working, my co-workers were great to work with and extremely helpful, the flexibility with my schedule, and the training process was designed to effectively allow me to do well on my projects without overloading me with information.

What I liked least was some of the projects were overwhelming at first, but remember that everyone has been in your shoes and will be willing to help you.

Do not be afraid to ask questions. You are trying to find an organization that you fit well with not just a place to work. Moss Adams truly cares about its employees and wants the best for all of them. I would not want to work for anyone else.

Advice to Management

I think the only thing would be about the training because I did not get the full initial training with the office only because of my school schedule. I do not, however, think it affected my performance.

Engaging and Fun Internship for those Serious about Accounting
Seattle, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

People, location, variety, culture

Not always a lot of workd

Do an internship before signing on somewhere

Great experience, with fantastic people, and wonderful opportunities
Everett, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Working with several people in the firm, and variety of assignments.

Nothing bad to say.

Moss Adams is a fantastic company to work for. The people are genuinely nice, the work is challenging, and the internship is a ton of fun!

Advice to Management

Everything was great.

Most valuable, challenging and fun internship you will ever experience !
Tacoma, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training trip to Anaheim ,CA. Company culture us amazing and unmatched. Challenging workload but balanced and interesting.

Wish it was longer.

Fantastic , best experience of my career so far.

Advice to Management

Everything is above average, they really care about their workers.

Great people to work with, very inclusive laid back culture.
Eugene, OR | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to get hands on tax experience.

I loved everything about my internship. If you are planning to do a career in accounting, there are some things implicit in public accounting like working long hours, and hierarchical structure. Moss Adams does thier best to provide a great experience and will treat you better than any other firm.

Keep in mind hours are usually long in accounting. I have friends who work at big 4 and they work more hours and get less benefits than thier Moss Adams counterparts.

You don't just gain valueable experience - Its a once in a lifetime experience
Spokane, WA | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know other people that have worked in public accounting while learning the procedures.

There was no one person in charge and sometimes there was not enough work. It was hard to know who I should report to or let know if I had nothing to work on.

Ask questions about what is the overall task and purpose of what you are doing when learning how to perform something. Also learn about the other things that MA does besides tax and audit.

Advice to Management

Have a little more interaction between the audit and tax departments.

It was a blast.
Portland, OR | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning about the type of work a public accounting firm performs and meeting professionals.

Would have liked to do a bit more audit work.

Meet as many people as possible. Smile and don't be tired.

Advice to Management

none.

Student gains valuable audit experience while making lasting memories.
Other (US) | 2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Everyone at Moss Adams was very friendly and eager to help me. If I ever had a question about a process or what the next step in the audit was, I felt comfortable asking anyone and everyone. They made me feel like one of the team right away.

I wish I would have been able to travel (overnight). A couple of weeks I went to client places of business, but it would have been more interesting if I would have experienced more client visits.

The culture at Moss Adams is fantastic. You get to learn a lot in a very short amount of time, but everyone has been in your shoes at one point and is quick to help. They want you to succeed.