Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Interesting, great people, tough learning curve, but rewarding.

Phoenix, AZ | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship are the SIP training, the networking events, relaxed office, etc.

Its the summer so there's not a ton going on each day, clients are slow at getting work in, thus creating more down time than I wanted.

Ask questions, network with people in the firm, always come in on time.

Advice to Management

Maybe more in depth training would be good, but I get it, 8 to 10 weeks doesn't warrant a ton of training.

If You Build It, They Will Come

Sacramento, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being introduced to Moss Adams' culture and work-life, the real-world experience, accounting experience. Knowing in advance what to expect when I start full-time. Meeting coworkers and getting familiar with the office ins and outs.

There was not enough work available at the time.

Moss Adams will legitimately treat you well.

Advice to Management

Moss Adams already does a lot to be a great place to work, but this may be beyond the scope of my knowledge.

Extremely informative dual discipline internship

Irvine, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I got to do both Tax and Audit

Depending on clients, may not get enough exposure

Very helpful internship

Fun and Learning

Everett, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting people

running out of tasks to do

Moss Adams is full of opportunity. If you want public accounting, this is the place.

Advice to Management

More tax specific training and walking through returns

Why accounting?

Why Moss Adams?

lots of fun and lots of learning

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

meeting the people at moss adams, meeting the other interns, and experiencing what public accountants do

can be too much downtime at certain points

get to know the people because you will be working with them everyday.

Advice to Management

nothing

Perfect Start to Public Accounting

- Week long week in California for training and day at Disney land

- Volunteer project through special Olympics

- beautiful office/ great location

- a lot of interns and not enough space for all of us

- not a ton of work

When you start in public accounting, you can almost count on the type of work you will be assigned to be pretty similar throughout every firm. The difference is going to come from the environment you do it in and the people you are around. Focus on that.

Good times, even better people

San Francisco, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The learning experience, the other interns, and the current employees

I was not busy all of the time.

Look for work as much as possible, be open to getting your name out there.

Advice to Management

Change up the training to be less technical and focus more on the software that is used to complete tax returns

What do you like about Moss Adams?

People, People, People

Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect for me was the people. All the staff at every level was friendly and always willing to help. People seemed to act as themselves at all times. Everyone was genuinely happy and excited to meet us and giving a helping hand whenever we needed it. Also everyone encouraged to ask them as many questions as possible.

My least favorite part was the slow pace of the summer season. I would have liked to have received more work but I understood that there just wasn't much for us.

When choosing a firm if you are looking for one that cares equally about its own overall growth/future as well as each individual employees overall growth/future then Moss Adams the place for you. Also if you want enjoy the people you work with and create relationships in and out of the office then you should choose Moss Adams.

Advice to Management

As of now I don't really have anything in mind. Everything was great from start to finish

What are the things you enjoy to do outside of work?

Moss Adams Internship is a Tremendous Experience and Opportunity

Everett, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Office Environment

Co-workers

Learning Experience

Culture of the Company

Compensation

California Training Trip

I really enjoyed my entire experience

Be ready to have a lot of fun, learn the necessities of accounting, gain some real world experience, and meet the company you will want to work for.

They really don't ask to difficult of questions but more want to get an understanding for the type of person you are. Openness and honesty can go a long way.

MA Internship: It's the most #MOSSOME Experience

Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of people that I met and who I was able to talk to and get advice from. I loved learned about how people ended up at MA and in accounting, and I got some really great advice from attending the MAAS Conference in Las Vegas for the consulting group. Though I didn't have a lot of work to do for the BRM side of my internship, I really enjoyed learning about the IT Audit side of consulting.

I felt like there wasn't a lot of work for me to do in my BRM internship. (however I really enjoyed learning about the IT Audit side)

Take the time to get through the awkward stage of introducing yourself to a bunch of different people. It's worth it because you end of creating great relationships that can help you branch out and learn not only more about the industry, but also find out if the company is the right fit for you.

Advice to Management

I think it would be extremely helpful if MA would have a day or two for consulting interns to train them and teach them about the kind of work that they will be doing.

I don't remember, sorry...