Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

A great taste of public accounting

Eugene, OR | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I worked with, developing accounting skills, having responsibility

Public accounting can be somewhat boring.

Moss Adams is a fantastic company to work for!

Advice to Management

More fun activities in the work place.

Why accounting and why Moss Adams?

Audit Staff for the Summer

San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I got to work with, and the clients I was able to work on.

Having unassigned time in the office.

Great place to work

Advice to Management

N/A

Why public accounting?
Why our firm?
Why audit/tax?

Interns Reveled in Their Experience and Opportunities of the Moss Adams Sunmer Internship

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunities to network, get real-life experience, travel, events, variety of assignments, etc.

The training was no technical enough and there were not enough audits to work on to gain experience with (but that was due to the fault of the clients)

Stay organized with your questions and concerns--make a word document with them on it. Highlight your additions/changes in yellow so your in-charge knows what you did and can give you more direct feedback. Try to figure things out first yourself before you ask questions, but if it's taking too much time or you're unsure, then just ask.

Advice to Management

More technical training

What do you like about Moss Adams? Why do you think you'd be a good fit here?

Helping clients build a better financial future with professionals you love to work with.

Seattle, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The amount of people we were able to socialize with, training in California, intern road shows to see other offices, ability to work with all levels of professionals.

I received all of my feedback at the end of the internship, rather than throughout.

Don't be afraid to ask questions and don't apologize for not knowing what you are doing. Everyone is more than happy to help you! As long as you stay positive and open-minded, you will do great.

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything.

Why Moss Adams?

Terrific opportunity to learn in a collaborative environment

San Diego, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Summer Intern Program training at Disneyland for one week, scavenger hunt at Disneyland, lunches with partners, intramural corporate sport leagues, great office space, passionate professionals

There were times where there was a time lag between projects due to slower season during the summer months for audit.

What spoke most to me was when the Regional Managing Partner from the Southern California region said that Moss Adams will never be Big Four and never wants to be like the Big Four. He understood that is what some people are looking for, but if you want to work for a firm that understands the importance of balancing your personal life with work as it creates a more efficient and happy workforce then Moss Adams might just be where you want to call home.

Launch my career

Seattle, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Best aspects were getting to know fellow interns and other full-time staff at the firm.

I did not like feeling like I did not understand all of the tasks I was given.

If you are looking for an organization that values their people above all else, this is a good place to be.

A great learning experience led by individuals who are invested in your career.

Everett, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Disneyland, being staffed on multiple jobs, and the people.

At times communication was lacking.

Evaluate your interviewers and their lifestyle and imagine yourself in their shoes. The interviewer is a good representation of the culture and lifestyle at that particular firm.

Advice to Management

Better communication with the interns regarding expectations and deadlines for projects. At times there were conflicting answers to a question. During orientation be specefic about what the interns can and cannot book for time.

What is a question that you prepared for that I did not ask?

Learned what an auditor does

Seattle, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I enjoyed getting to know the people in the office as well as learning about the auditing industry. We also went to Disneyland for training and were able to meet interns from all of the Moss Adams offices which was a fantastic experience!

Sometimes there wasn't enough work to do during the day.

It's a very welcoming environment focused on learning and growing employees. There are mentors and buddies assigned to help interns with questions and career planning. It's a great place to gain valuable knowledge alongside friendly employees.

Love Accounting, but want a good work-life balance & great corporate culture? Pick Moss Adams.

Scottsdale, AZ | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Engaging & challenging work
- Smaller office meant more personal time with managers and seniors
- Good work environment
- Good compensation
- Great opportunity for growth

- Summer internship wasn't as busy, so some days were spent without any assignments

- Moss Adams is a great place to expand and grow in public accounting
- If you ask for more work, want to be challenged, then you'll advance quick

Advice to Management

- It was difficult to see the high turnover that happened at the AZ office while I was interning, it made me question why people were leaving
- Both staff and interns had days where there was little to do, possibly prepare for those days by having staff train interns on different audit procedures, types of analytics, tickmarks, workpapers, etc.

Learn lots!

Tacoma, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know all the people in the office

Driving to the different road show locations

Find the office that best fits your personality