Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

A Foundation for Your Future

Tacoma, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

How welcome and appreciated I have felt here, even though I have asked a lot of questions about how to complete my work.

I wish I would have maybe reached out to more professionals and asked to observe them working.

That this company, Moss Adams, is just as good if not better than any other accounting firm out there. I have had a lot of experience with the big 4 firms as well, and they promised all the same things Moss Adams has promised, but I know for a fact Moss Adams has delivered on their promises where my friends from school who have internships elsewhere are not as happy as I am.

Advice to Management

Absolutely nothing. At other jobs I use to feel intimidated by management, but management here is so kind and approachable.

Name a time where you had had to work in a group project and one of the team members wasn't holding up their end.

Mossome!

Irvine, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

To my surprise, the team on both audit and tax sides were extremely helpful in aiding the interns if we needed help. They were never "too busy" when we asked for help; although I do not doubt they have packed schedules. They walked us through each step making sure we understood what we had to do and why. It made the learning experience that much more engaging.

The only slight downside was the tech issues my fellow interns and I experienced in the beginning. We lacked access to the tax preparation program when we first started which inhibited our hands-on training. This caused for a slower start when we began doing the work.

Moss Adams is a very people interested firm. If you do not make the attempt to engage with other team members, it will be hard to fit in to the firm's culture.

Eugene, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting time to meet people and follow them on projects and different jobs.

It was really hard finding work some times. I understand that if there is no work, then there is no work. But it is also hard to learn from and internship when there is no work.

There was nothing that I wish I would have know, but for information that might be helpful, I would say maybe putting some work aside specifically for the interns that are coming in. If they have nothing to work on, they won't learn but they also won't be able to show their work ethic or knowledge at all.

Advice to Management

N/A

N/A

Take a dive into the world of public accounting with a west coast culture firm... this firm is MOSS ADAMS!

Albuquerque, NM | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to participate in a real benefit plan engagement and work on actual workpapers such as a SOC1 review or x10 distribution testing. The most fun part of the internship was definitely the trip to Disneyland where we were able to bond with other interns across the country for a whole week!

Due to the time of the year, the firm did not have enough work to give all seven of the interns. We all agreed that the firm should have tried to implement a half audit and half tax rotation in this program rather than forcing six interns to stick to audit and one intern to be slammed with work in tax.

Join beta alpha si and they will prepare you and give you a small glimpse of what the world of public accounting is like. I felt very prepared coming in even though this was my first internship and had a great time and became very close friends with all of the other interns I met during the internship.

Advice to Management

AUDIT AND TAX ROTATION for all new interns and even staff... People our age have no clue what they want to do yet in their careers and it is very important that you give them the chance to explore both sides of accounting before having them commit to one or another.

What made you choose to apply for moss adams compared to other firms like the big 4?

Excellent Opportunity

Dallas, TX | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Actually being able to work on real tax returns.

Nothing. I had a great internship .

Be sure to follow the Tax preparation checklists. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Advice to Management

Allow employees to expense tolls that they accumulate driving to work. Some employees live far from the office and must take the toll roads into work in order to arrive at a satisfactory time. Tolls add up and it is horrible to think that employees have to pay tolls and gas just to arrive to a location to start working. The payment for the first hour of work goes toward paying the tolls that employees use to get to work.

Tell me about yourself.

Get there out here.

Portland, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people including employees and other interns along with the really fun training program.

The expensive parking if you do park.

Work on developing your personality and diverse life experience as well as your academics. Both are equally valuable.

Advice to Management

I think this program was amazing so this is hard to say!! I know it's public accounting and this is a given, but I do see a lot of people taking work home. If there was a way to mitigate that, that could be nice.

How do you live a balanced life?

The best internship I have ever had! My fourth and my last.

Irvine, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Staff, seniors, and even managers are more than happy to help explain the work that I am doing here.

No weekly beach time!

If you want work life balance, in depth experience, and a great culture, come meet moss!

A Challenging and Interesting Career Path

Irvine, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

What I enjoyed the most was learning/preforming real work in a professional environment. Also getting to know the other workers and intern class was a great experience.

I did not really enjoy the training, it felt impractical. My intern class agreed that it was kind of useless to have the training cause we didn't have any real life situation or hands on experience to reinforce the learning.

Nothing. I think Moss Adams is very transparent about their firm and does a great job explaining what they could expect.

Advice to Management

I would say to put more time aside to train the intern with more hands on activity rather than lecture style training.

What are your strength and weakness? Where do you see yourself in five years? Why did you choose accounting as a career choice? Why Moss Adams?

Learning about the business

Albuquerque, NM | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were getting to network with other employees and having opportunities to talk with partners and learn about their journey.

My least favorite part was that there was not enough to do for the staff and so the interns did not get to do a lot either. I wish I could have been on more clients or seen a client site and actually performed some auditing.

I think it would be helpful for candidates to know that this internship will go by very fast and while it is beneficial, you do not go very in depth and actually learn how to do an audit.

Advice to Management

I think that this firm and specifically this office are a great place to work! I would suggest team building days twice a year rather than just once.

Full of making meaningful relationships, and learning the most I can about the company, employees, clients and industries.

Eugene, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

One of the most meaningful parts of the internship was all the relationships I created. I met all kinds of people and all the people I met were genuine and actually cared. They were all passionate about their job and highly motivated towards their goals. I loved having the opportunity to learn about the clients of Moss Adams, by taking tours of their company. I got to know the employees but not only having lunch with them, or having coffee, but also by attending social events out of the office. I learned lots about audit by actually being immersed on engagements, and tax by filing tax returns for businesses.

There wasn't really anything I didn't like about the internship. It was greater than I expected.

Moss Adams is filled with extremely genuine people who will intentionally and completely care about you as a person and be super welcoming. They will accommodate you in any way and they want you to learn as much as possible. They are willing to work with you and give you what you need to excel. There culture is very young and expect to have a lot of fun and be around highly motivated people who will challenge you!

If we were to go back and ask your previous employer one of your weaknesses what would they say?

What specifically makes you want to work for Moss Adams?