Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Interning with Moss Adams was Amazing!

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the opportunities, the work

The lack of training in the software, the research project

More of what I was going to do. Be more pro active in figuring out what is going on.

Advice to Management

Give more beneficial trainings that are not just overviews but go into more detail about the different software and what you will be actually doing.

Do you like working in a team or as an individual better?

Get There Out Here.

Portland, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people involved. Moss encourages interns to get out there and meet employees around the office from the staff to partner level.

There ended up being a lot of down time, but that happens with Public Accounting in the Summer.

Pick the firm with the best people fit for you. The doesn't mean Big 4, middle market, or small market. Actually pick whats best for you.

Better people, better work, Moss Adams

Portland, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

the people, the ability to work on a variety of projects, the social aspects.

the unassigned weeks when you have to always try and find work

It's good to meet partners and senior managers early on because they will come to you first when they have any work

Advice to Management

Nothing really, it would be nice to start working a little earlier some days to beat traffic but that's really it

It was very conversational, usually starts with "tell us about yourself" and the questions stem from that

It was a great experience for me. I could make my decision about my future career and I chose Tax.

Irvine, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I received great training and I implied those learning in the tasks that I’ve assigned to.

In the audit department I didn’t assign any task for few days. I wish I could work and learn more and more.

Moss Adams is a great place to start for the people who they don’t know if they like to continue their career in tax or audit. The rotational internship gives the opportunity to the interns that they can try tax and audit in one internship. Although the length on the internship is short, but still it will help students to make decision.

Fantastic Internship - Top to Bottom / Start to Finish

Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship are as follows:
- Training week in CA: All interns were able to train in Anaheim, CA for one week. This involved technical training, speakers from the company, delicious meals, a day in Disneyland, and much more.
- Continuous learning: Each day brings different tasks than the day before. Whether it be writing, excel, documentation, networking, interviewing, collaborating, as an intern you are learning new things all the time.
- The people: Everyone at Moss Adams is very kind and helpful. Moss is very focused on its people and making sure their employees are happy.
- The Office: The office was renovated and is new as of last summer. It is amazing.
- The Perks: Essentially unlimited snacks and drinks. You get taken to lunch a lot. You get Moss Adams gear. More!

The thing I liked least about the internship is when I did not have work. There were some slow points when I had to wait for work. Other than that, nothing else.

Know that you do not need to be nervous coming here.

Best internship EVA

Tacoma, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the people I work with and learning different types of tax returns. I am always learning something new every day

I wish the internship was longer

I wish I would have known more about what the plan for my internship would have looked like for the summer

Advice to Management

more specification about promotion and how to go about getting promoted

A glimpse into the life of an audit and tax professional, where you will grow personally, as well as, professionally

Irvine, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of the internship were the opportunity to experience both audit and tax, the variety of work, and working close alongside fellow interns and staff. I also enjoyed how friendly everyone was, in treating us out often and checking up on us. Expectations were clear and therefore there was no unnecessary stress.

Due to the nature of the audit profession, summer is not a busy time for them. Therefore, there were times when I did not have much work to do, Nonetheless, they managed much of the downtime with side projects and tasks to keep us occupied, which was nice.

To any candidate evaluating Moss Adams as a potential employer, I would tell them that they care about you as an individual rather than just a cog in a machine. They are understanding of situations, but also expect you to work to your top performance. There is a good amount of sitting and looking at a computer as well. To balance that out though, there's always lunch or one can take a stop to the kitchen. There is nothing I would have liked to known about the organization before starting the internship, they are a transparent company.

Advice to Management

I thought everything was well orchestrated within the organization.

Student finds unexpected love for cost segregation

Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

* The people I worked with/got to meet, I enjoy my group very much and can see myself being here for years
* The clients I worked with, in terms of the people I interacted with and the places I got to travel
* The overall inclusive culture of Moss

Getting up early and commuting 1.5/2 hours to work every day (it's saying something that this is the only thing I didn't like)

Moss is a great place to work, and I put it above and beyond any other place I considered working

Advice to Management

I would definitely bring back the PS region-wide intern events that let us meet and create relationships with not only the audit and tax interns in the office, but with interns from all around WA as well.

* Tell me more about you/what you like to do in your spare time
* What are some of your goals as an accountant and as a professional?

Great Summer Internship Program

Kansas City, KS | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know everyone in the office and learning the systems.

I interned right after busy season so I did not get to go to a client for an audit and see what it was really like.

I wish I would have known I was the only intern in my office as opposed to other offices having at least five or more.

Advice to Management

It was a great place to work! The only thing I would like is the training to be more hands on instead of over a video conference.

The Best Summer Of Your Life

Tacoma, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to get to know what public accounting is really like by being in an office setting for eight weeks. Also, the people at the firm is a big aspect of choosing a good company-person match and the Moss Adams Summer Internship program is amazing for allowing interns to really get to know the people not only in the local office, but other offices as well.

Summer is not as vindictive of the real culture of public accounting as a busy season. Because of this, there was significant downtime that had to be filled with either individual research or trainings.

Moss Adams is a middle market provider, and as such they also fit perfectly in the middle when it comes to office culture. Compared to a small firm, it feels more professional and official. Compared to a international firm, it does not feel as rigid or rushed. If you are someone who enjoys feeling like a professional in a team focused environment, then Moss Adams is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Have specific opportunities for interns to work with a variety of staff and up. It can happen to where an intern only works with one or two people for the entire internship which doesn't give provide an opportunity to be exposed to the diversity of work styles. We get a great opportunity to network with them, but actually working with a certain senior or manager is an entirely different experience. Maybe specific tasks could be created by each of the managers in the office (say a sample trust return with the local trust expert) that each intern could work on and receive feedback from the manager.

This was an unconventional interview for me. I don't think there was more than one situational question as it felt like a regular conversation the entire time. Most of the students receiving interviews are receiving them because of the skills they have already demonstrated on their resume. The interview really comes down to how well you can communicate with the person sitting across the table. The best advice I could give would be to just be yourself as that is the best way to see if it is a two way fit.