Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

The most fun I've ever had working the hardest I've ever worked to learn the most I've ever learned.

Spokane, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect of this internship has been the networking. Getting connected with the professionals in the office and being able to approach them to ask about their experiences has been incredible. Also, this internship has been an amazing learning opportunity. The professionals in the office give a lot of responsibility to the interns, which provides a lot of opportunity for growth. While we have a lot of responsibility as interns, there are still safety nets around us to ensure projects and assignments are completed correctly.

One part of this internship I liked the least was the lack of opportunity to meet as many professionals in the office. This is by no means the fault of the firm. Our internship trails behind busy season and summer is the time that most professionals in the office take vacation and perform interim audits. This can deplete the number of professionals in the office at times, which can make networking difficult.

Based on my experience I would advise potential candidates considering my firm as a potential employer to think through what they are hoping to get out of having a position with my firm. My firm values having a balanced life and creating a positive community of peers, mentors, and professional coaches. Many firms claim to support different aspects of work/life balance and I would advise potential employees to look more closely into how a firms values line up with their own.

Advice to Management

The organization I am currently employed at does an incredible job at supporting and accommodating employees needs and providing for them.

Give me an example of time you disagreed with someone on a project and how you resolved that? What is your biggest weakness and how have you attempted to overcome that? When was a time you had to handle a conflict and what did you do to resolve it?

Moss Adams is awesome

Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The opportunity to network and work with people who are really good at what they do and are willing to take time out of their schedule to work with interns and make sure that they get a good experience while they're here. They make it a priority to work as a team and help everyone improve

The fact that it is so short.

Moss Adams is comprised of cool, smart people who legitimately care about you outside of your job description. They want to see you grow and succeed as a person as much as they want you to help them perform a job. This fosters an environment where people really enjoy what they do and who they do it with, which only increases productivity and profitability.

Summer of a lifetime!

Albuquerque, NM | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

California trip. Networking with numerous professionals.

Not enough client/hands-on time.

You will not regret working for a company like Moss-Adams.

Go Further, Faster

Spokane, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

California! We got to go to SoCal for an entire week, just for training, with all of the other interns from Moss Adams. Almost 200 of us got the chance to stay at the Hilton Waterfront in Huntington Beach and get to know our potential future colleagues, as well as learn about the firm and do some technical training on Tax Prep and Employee Benefit Plan audits. I had the most amazing time and I wouldn't trade that week for any other program!

In the public accounting profession, Summer is naturally a much less busy time as far as work opportunities and hours. Often, I would run out of work and find myself working on homework for summer classes (which the firm was totally okay with!) or doing practice tax returns from previous years. These were great opportunities, but if you are looking for a more work-intensive internship, a busy-season internship (January through mid-April) would be the better way to go! I had the fortune to be able to do both, but at the end, I would still choose Moss Adams over the other firm that I worked for during busy season, even if I didn't get as much exposure to work material.

Remember, internships in Public Accounting are an extended interview -- that is, the interview is just as much for the Firm to see your performance as it is for you to evaluate your fit with the Firm. With that being said, give 110% at whatever internship you do end up choosing!

Advice to Management

I thought Moss Adams did a fantastic job in all areas of my internship. No advice necessary.

"What interests you about Public Accounting?"

"How did you decide to choose Accounting/Finance in college?"

"Describe a time where you faced a challenge and what steps you took to overcome it."

Don't be afraid to ask questions

San Jose, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

My co-workers were always so helpful and understanding. I felt like I truly learned a lot about what I would be doing as an auditor and got exposure to a variety of different industries. They really treat interns very well and care about you learning how to do your work.

The amount of down time. Understand that it is an internship and that at times during the summer the firm is not as busy as a whole. Going in, just know that you will have some unassigned time with no work to be done anywhere so do not feel like you are not doing well if you don't have work. Go around the office, and ask. If nobody has anything, its ok. It was hard for me to understand at first but I got over it and just did the best I could with the work I was given.

Do not be afraid to be yourself or ask questions. They know you do not know anything. Just show up on time, clean clothes, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn. The rest will ultimately take care of itself. Introduce yourself to everyone in the office and always be sure to ask for work if you are unassigned. They really want to see you succeed, if you work hard and you want to.

Advice to Management

I can not honestly think of anything they can improve on from an internship perspective. Talking to friends at other firms, it really appears that Moss Adams interns have a top quality experience overall.

What is your biggest strength/weakness?

Tell me a little bit about yourself. (Have a prepared 2 minute summary of who you are)

Just talk about how you want to learn and that you love working in a team environment. Everything is about the team and if you show that you care about learning, are reasonably ambitious, and can communicate, you'll do great.

Moss Adams Cares about Its People

San Diego, CA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Meeting other staffs as well as learning from their experience. Going to clients' sites.

At the beginning, it was tough when I received the assignments since I didn't know what I need to do for those assignments. Then my supervisor went on PTO.

Be ready to learn and it's ok to make mistakes.

Advice to Management

It was great that the interns have a buddy; I was able to ask my buddy lots of questions .

What's your semester looking like?

Are you going to have 150 credits by the time you graduate?

A Great Eye-Opener

Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

I've loved getting to know so many new people and friends. I've had a great opportunity to work with many aspects of the company, which have helped me become more aware of potential future opportunities.

In the summer, it's a little slow to find work.

Moss Adams is an incredible opportunity to grow, learn, and develop relationships.

"Tell me things that your professors would say you do well; now, tell me things that your professors would say that you need to improve upon."

An experience balanced with fun, learning, and service in the community.

Portland, OR | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people I was surrounded by and the chance to experience the culture of a career at Moss Adams and as a CPA in general.

I can't think of any negative aspects, this internship was amazing!

Be yourself! This internship is mostly to see if you feel like you fit in and if the company feels like you are a good fit. It is a potential career choice for you, so it's important that it is something that makes you happy! Also, don't be afraid to ask questions, especially when you feel like you are totally lost. You aren't expected to know anything and everyone is happy to help you learn.

Advice to Management

As an intern, I don't think I have a lot of room or experience to give a judgment on this. I haven't found any negative aspects thus far!

From my experience, the interview process was more to get to know me as a person and to see if my personality type would fit in with the culture at Moss Adams. It's easy for people to be trained on technical skills, but the reason Moss Adams is such a successful company is because the people all work well together and really care about each other, which is why they look for the right fit in a cultural aspect.

Taste of full time auditing

Everett, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to know the people in the office and being trusted to do the real audit work rather than office tasks like making copies.

There was quite a bit of free time and it seemed at first that if we asked for work we would find something but that was generally not the case for the audit interns in my office.

I would recommend visiting the office and trying to get to know the culture as much as possible because it makes a big difference in how much you'll enjoy the internship as a lot of it involves working closely with them.

Moss Adams-Everything you would expect and so much more!

Tacoma, WA | 2016 | VERIFIED INTERN

You can network with just about anyone in your office, meaning anyone will answer questions that you may have and are willing to grab coffee with you to get to know you. In the Puget Sound offices, we are given the chance to network frequently with our other interns through our Intern Roadshows. This is where we travel to the different office locations and do fun activities together.

I can't think of anything I didn't like about this internship, it exceeded my expectations.

Network as much as you can! Attend school events where future employers are and get to know them. Ask for their business card and maybe even ask to grab coffee. Don't be afraid, everyone I have met at Moss Adams is friendly!