Moss Adams LLP Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

Date: 2013

Learning what auditing really is

the best parts were getting to know the people at moss adams and figuring out what auditing is.

I was not a huge fan of the intern project.

Make the most of every day and week. The internship flys by and there is only so much time to meet people.

Advice to Management

The only thing that would have been nice is to be out at the client more, but i understand it is hard in summer.

Hands-On Experience

Gaining experience at client sites, Being included as a member of the office (office parties, level of responsibility, etc)

The length. I feel that the internship would be better designed if it ran the length of the summer.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes and ask questions. Both are expected.

Advice to Management

It would have been helpful if a more structured system had been set-up for being assigned work. On the audit floor it was not unusual for most employees to be at client sites, leaving the interns with very little to do. We had lots of work when we were in the field but often very little when we were in the office. It might have been possible to fill this time with projects or training activities.

Date: 2013

Intro to Audit/Tax while developing meaningful relationships

The people (full time employees) really seem to care about our experience as interns. They have all been open to questions and also patient with the interns when we have questions/learning something new.

There is nothing that comes to mind.

Ask as many questions as you can, learn as much as you can. And just try to meet people and build relationships.

Internship to Full-Time

Getting to experience both an audit and tax rotation.

On the weeks that I wasn't on an audit there was very little to do in the office.

Make your intern decision on the office environment.

Advice to Management

Organize lunches with the interns and the partners so that the interns can hear their stories.

Moss Adams: Work Hard, Play Hard, and Learn Hard

*gaining hands-on experience by working on engagements *being treated like a full-time associate with the appropriate level of responsibility *working with talented and friendly associates

*low workload during the summer

*DO try and make yourself known around the office and let others know when you are low on work *expect to feel overhwlemed at first, but guidance and repeated application make for amazing learning opportunities *have a positive attitude, no matter how boring or tedious the work may appear to be

Summer of Tax and Audit

Getting to do both tax and audit.

Sometimes there wasn't any work

The people are really great, the environment is great, but the compensation is average

Advice to Management

I like it the way it is

Informative

Hands on experience and working with the MA professionals

Training was interesting, but did not help with the technical aspects of the job. It would have been nice to only have been training for several days instead of a whole week.

Get to know your co-workers, the people are the best part of the company and don't be afraid to ask questions

Advice to Management

There were glitches with the interview process - I was told I would be contacted for a second interview but never was. Three days before I was told the Phx office interviews were I had to contact the HR person to find out if I would be getting another interview. After exchanging emails I was finally able to set up an interview date, but was not informed of the interview time until three hours before my interview. Overall, it was unorganized and frustrating. Once I finally made it to the interview it was very professional and organized, but the recruiting process left much to be desired. Once starting, my end date was entered wrong and I my compensation was put in lower than the rate on my offer letter. Other than those glitches, everything has been wonderful.

Date: 2012

The best summer internship experience

Hands on experience

The overall experience during the internship was great, and I don't have much to complain about.

They care about their employees and their advancement in the company

Advice to Management

Go through a simple tax return from beginning to end.

Date: 2012

Moss Adams: My preferred employer with the best experience possible and the greatest company culture

The best aspects of the internship were having the ability to work on a variety of projects that a staff accountant would be working, my co-workers were great to work with and extremely helpful, the flexibility with my schedule, and the training process was designed to effectively allow me to do well on my projects without overloading me with information.

What I liked least was some of the projects were overwhelming at first, but remember that everyone has been in your shoes and will be willing to help you.

Do not be afraid to ask questions. You are trying to find an organization that you fit well with not just a place to work. Moss Adams truly cares about its employees and wants the best for all of them. I would not want to work for anyone else.

Advice to Management

I think the only thing would be about the training because I did not get the full initial training with the office only because of my school schedule. I do not, however, think it affected my performance.

Date: 2012

Great people to work with, very inclusive laid back culture.

Getting to get hands on tax experience.

I loved everything about my internship. If you are planning to do a career in accounting, there are some things implicit in public accounting like working long hours, and hierarchical structure. Moss Adams does thier best to provide a great experience and will treat you better than any other firm.

Keep in mind hours are usually long in accounting. I have friends who work at big 4 and they work more hours and get less benefits than thier Moss Adams counterparts.