Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Mossome Experience

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Cool events - Catalina, Disney, Dodgers, etc

the last minute scramble to find who you're going to ask out to lunch every day. going out to lunch every day is fun but makes you fat.

One of the most well-rounded internship experiences you will get. You will know what it's really like to work at Moss Adams - you are doing the same work as a staff do and get a wide exposure to a variety of clients. You will be treated very well, and taken out to lunch and fun events, and most of all valued.

Learning and developing the skills it takes to be successful in public accounting, while having fun doing it!

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

I loved the amount of work I was able to do and the help the experienced staff gave me. The training in disneyland was fun because all the interns for the firm were able to meet each other and create a network going forward. Participating in and planning different activities for Food Frenzy in Washington. Meeting with so many different employees at Moss Adams and growing my network. Being in a space where people were helpful, welcoming, and fun.

I did not get challenged as much as I would have like to. I could have been assigned more difficult tax returns to wrestle with. Training was either long and basic which was boring or short and complex so we didn't have enought time to understand what we were learning.

If you want to go into public accounting, Moss Adams would be my very first choice, even over big 4 firms. They treat you like a friend and human being instead of a person who is solely their to get their work done no matter how long it takes. They take pride in their value on people and the community of Moss Adams is second to none. Once you receive an internship, give it everything you have. It isn't that long, but there is so much to learn if you put your whole heart into it. Don't leave with regrets.

Advice to Management

The only issue I have is training which I already addressed. It needs to have a greater impact by giving us more time on some of the complex training, and maybe skipping the broad, surface level training, or at least cutting it way down (SIP training).

Describe a time when you had to be a leader.
Tell me about a time when something didn't go as you planned and how did you overcome it.
Why do you want to work for Moss Adams?

The most productive and rewarding way to spend my summer.

Phoenix, AZ | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The summer internship program training in California, the networking opportunities they gave us throughout the internship, and the people that worked in my office- they were awesome.

Sometimes we didn't have enough work to do because summer is such a slow time for public accounting firms. Too many interns, not enough work to go around.

Big 4 might seem like the way to go in public accounting, but mid-tier firms care a lot more about their employees while still having all of the resources.

Advice to Management

Give interns feedback in a more timely fashion. I wasn't evaluated until my last week.

They really just wanted to know what kind of leadership experience I had, and how much I knew about public accounting and Moss Adams.

The highlight of my life thus far.

Los Angeles, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Firm's culture

Being stuck in traffic.

Do not be afraid to ask for help.

Advice to Management

I did not have a formalized schedule for the first part of my internship. I was being bounced from one client to another every few days, so I was not able to see the end results of my assignments. Having a formalized schedule and being parked at a client for a good amount of time would of been nice.

What are some examples of risks at your workplace (restaurant) ?
How might you mitigate those risks?

Where hard work meets payoff: the internship that shows you where you want to go.

Portland, OR | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The networking opportunities and the chance to see the many parts of public accounting.

I wish it could have lasted longer!

Take advantage of everything you can possibly touch and be sure to take notes and ask lots of questions.

Advice to Management

I wished we had a little more tax training and less audit theory training.

The internship has been extraordinarley

Other (US) | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting the opportunity to participate in the preparation of so many tax returns. I felt like I learned a lot from being able to work through the process myself.

Nothing I didn't particularly like about the internship.

Make sure you put in time and effort to network with the employees at the office. You want to get a feel for how you fit into that environment and its nice to get to know your potential coworkers.

Advice to Management

Maybe provide more training on the software we are using.

How do you handle constructive criticism? Are you able to learn from your mistakes?

Learn and Grow with Moss Adams

Irvine, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Doing actual work.

Not applicable.

Just be yourself and do the best that you can. Also, try to get to know as many people in the office as you can.

Advice to Management

N/A

Challenging and Rewarding

San Jose, CA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Being treated like a first year staff

The days you were unassigned

Be ready to be put to work! You get a lot of relevant experience in accounting and auditing, and at first it is challenging but the more you get the hang of it the more enjoyable it is

An enjoyable summer, while learning about what you really want to do in life.

Eugene, OR | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

Getting to understand what public accounting is really like. I enjoyed getting to meet different people and hear their experiences.

While summer is a slow month, especially July, some days were difficult when we had nothing to do. But we still made the best of it.

Make sure to just be yourself during the interview process, work hard and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Great experience

Spokane, WA | 2015 | VERIFIED INTERN

The firm wide training and interactions with different people within the firm

Sometimes there was not enough work for all interns

It is a great environment to work in, and you will be encouraged to ask questions on everything.

Advice to Management

N/a

Why Moss Adams?
Where do you see yourself in 5 (10) years?
What are your strengths and weaknesses?