Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Submit a Review

Rotational Internships are the best way to pick between tack and audit.

Irvine, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Training at the Disneyland resort for a week. Free trip to Palm Springs for a weekend. Switch up departments halfway through the internship.

The realization of how little I know about anything.

Don't stress out about anything. Everyone at the firm is willing to help and offer support at any time they can.

Moss Adams - the Freshman 15 (cont.)

Other (US) | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and opportunities.

It was slow at times.

More of the type of work I'd be doing

Tell me about yourself.

Why accounting?

Moss Adams Provides Interns with Real Client Work in a Relaxed Work Environment

Irvine, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, the tax work, and the overall company culture

Too much down time on the audit side

Don't be afraid to ask questions, and come with a positive attitude

Advice to Management

Find more work on audit side

Mossome Summer Internship with amazing people and great opportunities

Stockton, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects of this internship are all the people you get to meet on the many engagements you get to partake in. I was able to meet so many auditors at different levels that were able to give me so much helpful information regarding my work and my career path.

There is not much I did not like. I love working in a team type of environment so the week that I was in the office, instead of the client site, I was not really able to be with the team I was working with on the client.

Some information that would be helpful for someone considering Moss Adams would be that this internship is not about just gaining work experience but talking with people that you could potentially work with in the future. Moss Adams Summer Internship allows you network and learn so many things. We aren't just stuck in an office. We get to do fun things and have lunch with many different people who really do care to get to know you and help you. My advice would be to try to talk to everyone you can and get to really know them and the work they do because the do actually care to talk to you.

Advice to Management

I think something they could do to make the organization better would maybe have a clear place where an employee can go to see if there were any changes that would affect them. For example like where to send expense reports changed so they sent an email but on top of that email if there was a place on the website that we could go to see how to do the expense report since it changed would be helpful.

Why would you like to intern with Moss Adams?
Why would you like to be an Audit intern?
Why did you choose to go into accounting?
What classes are you currently taking?

Moss Adams makes work exciting

Portland, OR | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people and everyone's willingness to help

I thought every part of the internship exceeded my expectations so if I had to say something it is the $13 a day parking.

I think the firm does a great job at preparing us, but just remember to send thank yous, go on as many passports as possible, and write everything down.

Advice to Management

We have gotten four or five emails from employees leaving MA just during our eight weeks here, if that is not normal, maybe ask those people leaving for the reasons why and if there is anything the company needs to improve.

What was the most surprising part of this process?
What do you look for in a firm?
What kind of culture would you like to work in?

Moss Adams: More Than Just a Great Place to Work

San Diego, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Interns were well taken care of at the office. Staff through management were always willing to help out even if they were busy.

The beginning of the internship is very slow. I did not have as much hands-on learning as I thought I would in the first 3-5 weeks of the internship.

I feel like I was well informed about the firm before starting. If someone is inquisitive enough, they will not be surprised when starting at the internship.

"Why are you interested in tax?"
"What first got you interested in the accounting profession?"
"Tell me about this (insert work experience) and what you have learned from working there."

A blessing, and a wonderful opportunity

Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

I was able to work on some really neat clients, and the teams I worked with, in just a short amount of time, I feel I established very strong connections and relationships with. The Food Frenzy event was also a highlight and a great opportunity to give back.

There really wasn't anything that I would say was a con to the internship. I mean there are times where it is slow, but that is understandable as an intern and as an auditor as the summer time is usually a little slower for most staff at the firm.

Just to always be yourself. Let your personality shine and make an impact on the company the way you know you can. everyone is so different and so unique, that is what really makes this company so great, and they allow you to reach your full potential which is a very rewarding feeling. Always be willing to meet new people as well, everyone at the firm is excited to have you here, so take advantage of networking and establishing relationships.

Above and Beyond Internship Experience

San Diego, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

- Opportunities for growth
- Learning environment
- Welcoming staff
- Perks out the window

Traffic going to the office and home

Before you endeavor on an internship, know what you are trying to do and understand why you are doing what you want. Being cautious and subtle about what you want to do will hold you back and not allow you to embrace the full experience.

Where do you want to live?
Why do you like accounting?
What kind of strengths do you have that relate to accounting?

Best enviroment ever

Irvine, CA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people, everyone from staff to partner took the time to make sure you understood the material and complimented you on your hard work. The company really showed that they valued their employees

I did not enjoy how short the internship was. Wish it was 8-10 weeks long

Be open and friendly. Everyone at this company wants to get to know you, so the best way to do that is be open to the new experiences. Moss Adams' hosts tons of events outside of the office so make sure to go to them. Don't be scared and have fun, but also try toilearn as much as possible

Advice to Management

NA

Tell me about yourself, but really tell me about yourself. They were more interested in what you did outside of school and work. They wanted to see the person they would be working with in the future

The most fun thing you will ever get paid to do

Seattle, WA | 2017 | VERIFIED INTERN

Hands-on learning
Friendly people
Free Food
Highly Compensated

Not enough work to do/ uneven allocation of work

As an intern you get spoiled. Not only do you get real hands on experience with a career path you are considering but you get to go to lunch with Professionals from Staff to Partner and learn about their experiences with the firm and Public Accounting. You are treated like you matter and never have to worry about asking a dumb question because they expect you to know next to nothing and are very patient with you because they know you are learning.

Advice to Management

Having projects lined up that are suitable for interns and making sure that those who are allocating work are doing it more evenly to ensure that everyone is learning and not just the couple of interns who happened to meet the right professional.