Moss Adams Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

Moss Adams- The best way to jump into public accounting!
Tacoma, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Really great real-life experience. They treat you as a new staff hire, not an intern. You are given responsibilities right off the bat, which creates a really good hands-on learning environment.

Sometimes there wasn't enough work for me to do, and I would just sit at my desk waiting for work.

Be good at communicating, working with a team, and juggling multiple tasks at once. Those three things are key in public accounting, and if you show Moss Adams that you can do them, you are set. It also helps if you are friendly! Moss Adams has a very friendly and outgoing culture, and we like nice friendly people.

Advice to Management

Sending the interns out to more clients would be nice. I only got to go into the field once, and I wish I could have gone a few more times!

Setting the foundation for a successfull accounting career.
Seattle, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really liked the people that I worked with. The internship was independent and provided endless learning opportunities.

At times, I did not have a project to work on so I was sitting at my desk. I wish there was something beneficial I could do in my spare time.

Be yourself and get to know people. Be honest with yourself.

Advice to Management

I think that the training could be more indepth. I would also like to see more opportunities to meet more people in the office.

Outstanding Internship with Promising Future Career
Everett, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The people were so great to work with. All of the staff were always willing to teach me new skills or answer questions. They made me feel like I was a valuable part of the team and worth their investment of time

Uncertainty of whether I would get a job at the end or not, and uncertainty about what I was supposed to be doing all the time.

Give it a chance. I was a little nervous coming in because I didn't know anyone but I went in with an open mind and it totally worked out.

Advice to Management

Make it more clear about what interns are supposed to be working on if no specific projects are assigned.

Makes you feel like you are first year staff
San Francisco, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Learning how to fill out tax returns and meeting new people

There was nothing I disliked about the internship

Moss Adams has wonderful people that take the time to teach you new information. You learn so much that can be applied to the years to come.

From Disneyland to Portland, A Portland intern has an amazing experience while learning a lot about Moss Adams and accounting
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best of aspect of the internship was working in conference rooms and the amount of tax work I received.

The inability to go out on a regular audit.

Make sure to evaulate the working enivorment of the company and that you see yourself fitting in it.

Moss Adams: Experience and Learn about Public Accounting within an Amazing Working Enviroment
Portland, OR | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Networking with staff, team building with interns, being able to travel for audits, being able to work on taxes, helping me to decided which way to go (tax or audit).

In the audit roation, there were times with nothing to do and little work. I know it is hard to send us out on audits if they are full but it took away from the full experience.

Be friendly with the recruiters and show that you can blend in with the company culture. This is the key to be happy with any company you work for so make sure that you like the people in the company you are working for.

My Moss Adams internship was a great way to discover what public accounting is in practice and see if I would enjoy it as a career.
Tacoma, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspect was working on actual audits at client locations. It provided the most hands on experience and activities while providing opportunities to ask experienced managers and staff questions.

The thing I liked least about the internship was the lack of work available from day to day. I enjoyed the work when there was work to do, but I often am left for hours without any projects to work on. Even after asking managers and staff for work, there often is nothing for me to do. This was frustrating because I want to learn but feel like my learning is stunted by lack of available work.

Moss Adams is great. The training experience for interns was a blast and provided access to so many people around the firm. If public accounting is your calling, Moss Adams is an excellent choice. They truly do provide big firm resources with mid-market specialization. Work-life balance is stressed at Moss Adams, and it is easy to see that everyone buys into that ideal.

Advice to Management

I think initial training for working with the firm computer system would be very helpful. Someone should sit down and walk through how to perform the tasks that will be required for the job. Also, for interns/new hires I think work should be set aside for the first few weeks so they constantly have something to work on to learn the system. Having to ask for work every day and rarely getting a response is very frustrating when trying to gain an understanding of what the job entails.

Hands-On Experience
Spokane, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

Gaining experience at client sites, Being included as a member of the office (office parties, level of responsibility, etc)

The length. I feel that the internship would be better designed if it ran the length of the summer.

Don't be afraid to make mistakes and ask questions. Both are expected.

Advice to Management

It would have been helpful if a more structured system had been set-up for being assigned work. On the audit floor it was not unusual for most employees to be at client sites, leaving the interns with very little to do. We had lots of work when we were in the field but often very little when we were in the office. It might have been possible to fill this time with projects or training activities.

Learning what auditing really is
Seattle, WA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

the best parts were getting to know the people at moss adams and figuring out what auditing is.

I was not a huge fan of the intern project.

Make the most of every day and week. The internship flys by and there is only so much time to meet people.

Advice to Management

The only thing that would have been nice is to be out at the client more, but i understand it is hard in summer.

Real life audit work done by an intern
Los Angeles, CA | 2013 | VERIFIED INTERN

I actually got to do real work and see what the firm is really like. Nothing was kept hidden.

The training was great, but it was hard to keep up with it at first. Luckily, everybody at Moss Adams was very helpful and I was able to pick things up quickly.

Moss is a growing firm in LA and has the the competitive feel of the Big Four, but the culture and community feel of a smaller firm.