Moss Adams Summer Internship Program

VAULT RANKINGS >> #23 Best Overall Internships

Intern at Moss Adams Summer Internship Program? Log in to Submit a Review

Career focused training
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Managers are always available to help, you can network at all levels if the firm.

There were not any outstanding negative factors.

It is a wonderful place to work.

Advice to Management

A great place to work.

Fantastic learning opportunity with great support from staff and management
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

I really enjoyed the peer and managers that I worked with. It felt like we were doing "real work" and every day was a challenge. I also felt like the managers included me as part of the team, for the period of my internship. Overall, a fantastic learning experience.

As with any internship, it was nerve-wracking feeling like I was being judged every day, to determine if I was worthy of a full-time offer. I think this is more of a personality issue, than an actual con to the program. Overall, I was very impressed with how the internship was run. The only negative feedback I would give would be to ensure that there is a bit more communication before the internship starts. As somebody coming from out of town, it did feel like the internship dates and schedule arrived a bit later in the Spring than I would have hoped.

Set yourself up for success by minimizing the other things on your plate during the internship. Allow yourself to absorb the corporate culture, be available for impromptu conversations and opportunities, and be ready to listen. As an intern, I felt like I learned the most by listening hard, and being assertive when opportunities.

Advice to Management

The internship compensation was slightly lower than what was offered at one other firm in the same region. In general, I felt the amount of training was great, and was thankful for the in-house training before we headed to California as a large group.

Helpful people and comfortable networking environment to help you ease into the basics of tax by completing real returns
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

Time spent with buddies; their help and willingness to answer questions on returns

the meetings informing us about the various divisions that Moss Adams has - many are areas which we would not qualify for or felt redundant

Go where you are comfortable, the technical aspects will be similar in any public accounting internship experience

Advice to Management

More focus on employee retention - managers (with help of HR) tuning into senior and staff

Gained valuable real-world accounting experience

Gained valuable real-world accounting experience

Office culture was a bit disappointing. Not a lot of interaction between employees; everyone just sits in their cubicle, listens to their ipod, and works all day. Pay could have been better also.

Moss Adams is a fantastic public accounting firm with great people.

Advice to Management

Improving office culture would be my best advice. The office had the feeling of a library; it was extremely quiet with minimal social interaction.

A little taste of the rest of my life.
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The best aspects to the internship were the real-life experience that showed me what a life in accounting would really be like, the collaboration of having the interns in conference rooms together, and the fact that it was in a very culterly dynamic city.

The part of the internship that I liked the least was that I was not always busy with something to do.

My advice to potential candidates would to just be themselves during interviews. The people at Moss Adams are all very friendly and down to earth. They aren't looking for textbook answers that you have rehearsed over and over again in front of the bathroom mirror.

Advice to Management

I think that it would have been more beneficial if there would have been more scheduled work for me to do, as I often found myself just sitting in my chair waiting for something to do. I walked around the office a lot to meet people and see if they had work, but either someone had beat me to it, or they had nothing. Possibly having fewer interns would help.
I think it would also be nice if there are any interns coming into the program from out of town, that you help them set up housing, possibly with other interns, so that they feel more comfortable and make friends faster.

If you want your internship to mirror what a 1st-year staff does, intern with Moss Adams
2012 | VERIFIED INTERN

The variety of clients, amount of work assigned to me, quality of professionals within the firm

A few of my engagements fell through; therefore, it was up to me to find work to do

Ask questions
When a senior tells you how to do something, write it down
Remember to re-sync the binder frequently and to check-in your work papers at the end of each day.